Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-03-2011, 09:12 AM   #1  
Crimping Master

Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Frustrated with JoAnn.com!

I need to vent/rant! Last week Thursday I decided to order some Stazon re-inkers from JoAnn.com. When I went to their site a price was listed for the re-inkers, but when you clicked on the re-inker the price was higher than what was listed. I was confused what the actual price was, so I called customer service. Yep, they could see the prices change too, so they said they would honor the lower price. They told me that the problem would probably be fixed the next day, so I should place my order that day in order to get the lower price.

I prepared my order and added a few things so I could get my total at $50 to get free shipping. I called my order in and was told that all of my items were in stock and I could expect my order in 5 to 10 business days.

I figured that today was #5 in business days so I am really hoping that my order might be in my mailbox today. Nope, no order, but an e-mail has arrived in my inbox. I am told that one of my re-inkers is now on back order. (Wasn't I told it was in stock when I called?!?) Rather than put the hold on my credit card for the cost of the re-inker they would just cancel the re-inker. The rest of my order has been shipped.... they said yesterday. But when I put the number in the Fed-ex tracker, they have no record of that number!

I am mad! I think they waited 5 days before even trying to fill my order and then say, oh well, we will just cancel that item. They should send it to me when it is back in stock.... at their expense, or at least call me and ask what I want them to do. They shouldn't tell me the item is in stock when it isn't. It shouldn't take 5 days to put together an order. When they give me a tracking number Fed-Ex should have the package.

Thanks for letting me vent! I have been so fed up with my local JoAnn's store that I hardly ever go there anymore. Now on-line shopping seems to be a bad idea, too. I guess the good companies like Oozak and Dick Blick who have fast delivery and great customer service spoil us for the loser companies like JoAnn's!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2011, 09:16 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered last Thursday from Joann's as well. I wanted the K&Co. Que Sera Sera paper and this was one of the few places I could find it. I added enough to get the free shipping and submitted.

And waited and waited and waited. It FINALLY shipped yesterday and now won't be here until Monday. 11 days to get from MI?? WI?? to VA. Unbelieveable. I also ordered from Two Peas a few minutes after the Joann's order. I had it on Monday. 4 days from order to front door.

It really makes you wonder if the "sale" prices are worth it, doesn't it? :rolleyes:

My brand new blog: Tinkering With Ink
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2011, 09:19 AM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

Thats why I rather go to them but not all the items are in the store that are on the website which is very frustrating to say the least. I guess it stops the shoplifters from getting all the product when it is online shopping. I think they should of said here is your order and the one item on your list well be shipped when it comes in at our expense. Dont they know there is tons of places to shop online and brick n mortor that you dont have to just rely on them.?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2011, 09:20 AM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Oh vent away dear we are here for you
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2011, 09:42 AM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

Actually I have had this happen with other companies as well, not just Jo-Ann. I think when your order goes through that they should send the missing items to you later at the SALE price you ordered it at and at their expense, but they don't.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2011, 10:30 AM   #6  
Crimping Master

I was mad enough I actually called customer service a few minutes ago. I was told we don't operate in real time and we don't know if an item is in stock or not, (even though we tell you it is instock and e-mail you telling you it is in stock) it takes us 2, 3, or 4 days to fill an order, (even though we e-mailed you telling you it had been processed last week) the number we gave you for Fed-Ex shouldn't have all of those zeros in it.... blah, blah, blah.

Oh, but the good news? If I can figure out when the re-inker is back in stock and call and explain what happened I can have the item mailed to me at the sale price and with no charge for shipping. Ok, how do I know when the item will be back in stock? Just keep checking back for the next 2 to 3 weeks.... it should be back in then.

I think I will order from some other company in the future!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2011, 11:25 AM   #7  
Kookie Creator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JoAnn's is always slow in shipping!
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2011, 05:09 PM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

Ohhh Annie Im soooooo sorry that you have had to go thru all that and still not come out ahead. Maybe thats why they are closing one of the stores around here not enough business.

Quote:

Originally Posted by annie*View Post
I was mad enough I actually called customer service a few minutes ago. I was told we don't operate in real time and we don't know if an item is in stock or not, (even though we tell you it is instock and e-mail you telling you it is in stock) it takes us 2, 3, or 4 days to fill an order, (even though we e-mailed you telling you it had been processed last week) the number we gave you for Fed-Ex shouldn't have all of those zeros in it.... blah, blah, blah.

Oh, but the good news? If I can figure out when the re-inker is back in stock and call and explain what happened I can have the item mailed to me at the sale price and with no charge for shipping. Ok, how do I know when the item will be back in stock? Just keep checking back for the next 2 to 3 weeks.... it should be back in then.

I think I will order from some other company in the future!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2011, 05:25 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm so sorry you had a troubling experience with them. It sure rang a bell for me! I will never order from that store again. Here's my story:

"I am extremely disappointed in the lack of service I received today from Joann Fabrics.

I wished to place an online order. I had a code for 50% off one item, a $10 gift card, and was prepared to pay $20 extra to ensure shipping by the stated deadline of December 21, prior to noon.

After adding products to my shopping cart through the online store, I could not get the checkout program to accept a perfectly valid credit card number. I tried several numbers from multiple companies and each time received the same error message.

I then called customer service and a very kind and polite young lady attempted to help me. Finally, I read her my order, 11 items, over the phone.

She proceeded to take all of my shipping and billing information, my gift card number, my discount code, and I told her I would pay extra for prompt shipping. She informed me that the products would NOT arrive by the advertised time, �Christmas delivery,� even if I paid extra!

After some thought about whether this would be acceptable after all, I agreed to simply take the 7 to 10 day time period to receive my items.

THEN, the representative informed me that she could not process the order with the gift card!

As disappointing, once again, as that was, I agreed. I could use my gift card at a future time in the store. THEN, the woman explained to me that I would have to read my order to her again ~ starting completely over!!!

By this time, I had spent ONE HOUR attempting to make a purchase from your store. I declined and thanked her. She was appropriately apologetic and polite ~ thank goodness you have an excellent employee there because otherwise I would have nothing good to say about Joann Fabrics.

It is appalling to me that these problems occurred. Again, I appreciate the customer service representative who was polite and understanding. However, whatever the order processing issues are at your store, I certainly hope they are rectified in the near future. This is not an acceptable way to do business. "

And I have to thank you for your rant, too. This is hard for me to admit, because that day I was FIT TO BE TIED, but (probably because it was shortly before Christmas) once I wrote my letter - I completely forgot to send it. But I'm going to. Man, I'm mad all over again, LOL!

I was just on another thread praising Ellen Hutson for her incredibly fast service -- I don't know how companies like Joann's can afford to treat their customers poorly these days. At least in my case, the rep I spoke to was very pleasant . . . but their system is pathetic.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2011, 05:40 PM   #10  
Rubber Obsessor

WOW that is incredible. I am soooo sorry that these days it doesnt seem to matter anymore about how to really do business it seems the smaller companies are far better at giving their customers what they really need.
What is really sad is that companies like cricut and cuttlebug and other companies that sell large amounts of products are letting their products go to these distributors first by the hundreds to which they flood the market on Ebay with and you cant even get them in the stores because there is not enough to send to craft stores. :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2011, 08:39 PM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

You're not alone. Joann's is super slow to ship. I only place online orders when it's free ship, no minimum purchase which is kinda rare nowadays.
I have issues with their local store in regards to lack of sale signs. I wait in line with coupons only to find out the product is already on sale (no sign). I wish they were more competent.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2011, 10:44 PM   #12  
Kookie Creator

I could go on for days with the bad experiences I've had. But I hate typing, so it would be more effort than it is worth. For me, I have made a rule for myself. When it comes to shopping online at Joanns, the only time I will place an order is if it is something I really do need, but not right away. The reason for this is because I live in Alaska, it takes even more time. It doesn't seem to matter if it is a busy time of year or not. Anytime I order, it takes a week before it ships, then another 3 weeks to get here. I actually spoke with customer service about thier shippin options. They have a contract with Fed Ex which some how prevents them from offering any other options. I politly told them that one thing they could do to clean up their name would be to offer flat rate shipping through USPS as an option.

The last order I placed with them was for Distress reinkers (I NEED it, just not right this second). I placed this order in the 2nd week of February. I'm still waiting. (OF COURSE)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2011, 05:12 AM   #13  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by felixdogView Post
JoAnn's is always slow in shipping!
Karen
I totally agree especially when it is free shipping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2011, 05:38 AM   #14  
Crimping Master

Thanks everyone for all of your responses and kind comments. I feel so much better now that I find I am not alone with poor JoAnn experiences. My goodness, Phantom. Your experience takes the cake! I am going to stop sending/spending my cash with JoAnn's and I should probably write a letter to the company. I'm just not sure it is worth the effort since it seems to be how they do business. I can't understand how you can be in the business of mail order and not be able to get a package in the mail in less than 3 to 4 days!?!??

I am going to start looking for a new place to order on-line. Earlier in this thread Ellen Hutson was listed as a good source and I have found Oozak to be outstanding. Maybe we should start a thread with a list of where to shop on-line and what stores to skip!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2011, 05:48 AM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Thanks everyone for all of your responses and kind comments. I feel so much better now that I find I am not alone with poor JoAnn experiences. My goodness, Phantom. Your experience takes the cake! I am going to stop sending/spending my cash with JoAnn's and I should probably write a letter to the company. I'm just not sure it is worth the effort since it seems to be how they do business. I can't understand how you can be in the business of mail order and not be able to get a package in the mail in less than 3 to 4 days!?!??

I am going to start looking for a new place to order on-line. Earlier in this thread Ellen Hutson was listed as a good source and I have found Oozak to be outstanding. Maybe we should start a thread with a list of where to shop on-line and what stores to skip!
You can't go wrong with Ellen Hutson, Annie! I've heard good things about Oozak, and Scrapbooking Supplies - Scrapbooks, Scrapbook Paper, Stickers and more :: ScrapbookingAlley.com is very reliable, too.

I know what you mean about it maybe not being worth the effort -- that thought was probably in the back of my mind when I wrote my letter. . . I guess I wrote it as much to vent as you did :^) .

Happy future shopping!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2011, 08:05 AM   #16  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

I don't really understand why a company wouldn't want their customer service folks working in "real time". Nor, do I understand the days and days it takes to ship an order.

I do, however, understand that once you submit a tracking order to FedEx it takes a full 24 hours for you to be able to track it online. Technically, a tracking number is assigned when the sender requests it, but until it is physically scanned by a FedEx employee on a truck or in an office, it isn't visible "real time" online for the customers to see it to know where the package actually located. And, technically again, the location you see as you track is the last person or machine that scanned the bar code label - that package is usually already on the move from that point. The exception to that, which KILLS me, is that a driver can scan your package and call it "delivered", when in actuality, it is in his or her truck somewhere between the station and your house or office, but not truly "delivered" into your hands yet. I have frequently had a package labeled as "delivered" while it sat on a truck overnight on it's way to my house after leaving the station.

Not that it bothers me....(@#$@#&$*#@)!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2011, 12:57 PM   #17  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

I need to vent/rant! Last week Thursday I decided to order some Stazon re-inkers from JoAnn.com. When I went to their site a price was listed for the re-inkers, but when you clicked on the re-inker the price was higher than what was listed. I was confused what the actual price was, so I called customer service. Yep, they could see the prices change too, so they said they would honor the lower price. They told me that the problem would probably be fixed the next day, so I should place my order that day in order to get the lower price.

I prepared my order and added a few things so I could get my total at $50 to get free shipping. I called my order in and was told that all of my items were in stock and I could expect my order in 5 to 10 business days.

I figured that today was #5 in business days so I am really hoping that my order might be in my mailbox today. Nope, no order, but an e-mail has arrived in my inbox. I am told that one of my re-inkers is now on back order. (Wasn't I told it was in stock when I called?!?) Rather than put the hold on my credit card for the cost of the re-inker they would just cancel the re-inker. The rest of my order has been shipped.... they said yesterday. But when I put the number in the Fed-ex tracker, they have no record of that number!

I am mad! I think they waited 5 days before even trying to fill my order and then say, oh well, we will just cancel that item. They should send it to me when it is back in stock.... at their expense, or at least call me and ask what I want them to do. They shouldn't tell me the item is in stock when it isn't. It shouldn't take 5 days to put together an order. When they give me a tracking number Fed-Ex should have the package.

Thanks for letting me vent! I have been so fed up with my local JoAnn's store that I hardly ever go there anymore. Now on-line shopping seems to be a bad idea, too. I guess the good companies like Oozak and Dick Blick who have fast delivery and great customer service spoil us for the loser companies like JoAnn's!
Joann's Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/JoAnn?v=wall) looks like a good spot to vent...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2011, 09:11 AM   #18  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindykidView Post
I don't really understand why a company wouldn't want their customer service folks working in "real time". Nor, do I understand the days and days it takes to ship an order.

I do, however, understand that once you submit a tracking order to FedEx it takes a full 24 hours for you to be able to track it online. Technically, a tracking number is assigned when the sender requests it, but until it is physically scanned by a FedEx employee on a truck or in an office, it isn't visible "real time" online for the customers to see it to know where the package actually located. And, technically again, the location you see as you track is the last person or machine that scanned the bar code label - that package is usually already on the move from that point. The exception to that, which KILLS me, is that a driver can scan your package and call it "delivered", when in actuality, it is in his or her truck somewhere between the station and your house or office, but not truly "delivered" into your hands yet. I have frequently had a package labeled as "delivered" while it sat on a truck overnight on it's way to my house after leaving the station.

Not that it bothers me....(@#$@#&$*#@)!!!
Thanks for the explanation on Fed Ex's policies. I had a hunch that JoAnn's had notified FE but hadn't given them the package yet. When Fed Ex's information was made available to me it looked like that was exactly the problem. Also, once FE got the package it was here in less than 2 days. The Fed Ex driver did take it to the wrong house, but that was probably because of the large amount of snow we have and the difficulty seeing house numbers.

I am going to call JoAnn's daily, if necessary, until they send the back- ordered item at the original sale cost and at no shipping charge to me. And then??? You guessed it..... I am done with JoAnn.com. I just hope someone else reads this and decides not to order from JoAnn's. It is just not worth the frustration of having to deal with a company that clearly doesn't get customer service, or how to run an on-line business!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2011, 09:16 AM   #19  
Embossing Fanatic

This is so odd and awful! I order from JoAnn.com about once or twice a month, and I am actually always surprised at how fast the items arrive to me, in New York City. I have no problems with their shipping speed, whether it is free or not.

However, I TOTALLY agree with the "something says it is in stock, but isn't" issue, and the "says one price, then another" issue. I have been frustrated by those two website problems for a loooong time now.

And the "Wish List" feature disappeared months ago, and has yet to return!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2011, 09:19 AM   #20  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by shemantisView Post
This is so odd and awful! I order from JoAnn.com about once or twice a month, and I am actually always surprised at how fast the items arrive to me, in New York City. I have no problems with their shipping speed, whether it is free or not.

However, I TOTALLY agree with the "something says it is in stock, but isn't" issue, and the "says one price, then another" issue. I have been frustrated by those two website problems for a loooong time now.

And the "Wish List" feature disappeared months ago, and has yet to return!
I'm glad to hear you have had positive experiences!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2011, 09:09 PM   #21  
Cardstock Collector

Something I've wanted from Joann.com was out of stock, so I signed up to be notified when it was back in stock. I rec'd an e-mail March 3rd that it was back in stock so I placed an order immediately and of course added a few other items to make it worth it. I got the e-mail confirmation and on March 8th the shipping confirmation. Today, I get an e-mail stating that one item is out of stock and it won't be included in my order.
The best part... I can go to the web site and order that very same item and it goes into my cart as if available. ugh...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2011, 10:03 PM   #22  
Crimping Master

I've stopped ordering from them online....well, unless I don't mind waiting 2 months to get my stuff. They use the slow boat to China method to ship to APO addresses when the rest of the internet business world uses Priority Mail for us (which takes a week)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2011, 06:14 AM   #23  
Crimping Master

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I am glad to know I'm not the only one having problems with them. You would think a big company like JoAnn's would be better at conducting business!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2011, 12:27 PM   #24  
Glitter Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate Joanns. Yes, hate. I spend quite a bit per month/year on crafting supplies and they will never get a penny of my money. There are plenty of HONEST companies, both B & M and online, who have better prices, policies, and inventory and who know how to treat their customers. There's no need to support a company that's so incredibly below par.
Reply With Quote Likes