Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-27-2011, 02:12 PM   #41  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen99View Post
Nancy, you aren't helping me any!! LOL....i want it!! My friend got one about a month ago, and she is loving it too!!
Oops ;^) !! If you are looking for a good price, I was happy with $199 at Scrapbooking Supplies - Scrapbooks, Scrapbook Paper, Stickers and more :: ScrapbookingAlley.com with free shipping.

I did have one thing go wrong with it though -- one of those cool travel stickers keeps falling off! :rolleyes:
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2011, 02:28 PM   #42  
Die Cut Diva

I always get that way this time of year. I think maybe it's the weather. Cold, dreary (although today was beautiful), rainy, and I'm stuck in the house a lot. This makes me want to buy something to perk myself back up again.

I've been in EPIC fail mode and a budget for about a month now. Really, truly EPIC. I was doing okay until I gave myself permission to spend on my cruise scrapbook. I went through my stash and pulled everything I had that could work but was still very short. Now everything I see that I want I somehow justify to myself that it could be used in my album. Uhhhh....no, not really. It needs to stop.

And today is that day. I've finished the boat part of the album and ordered the K& Co. Que Sera Sera paper pad for my San Juan pics. I bought the My Mind's Eye Stella Rose line for my St. Thomas pics. And I have plenty of onesie, twosie papers that will have to do for St. Marteen. I'm done buying for this album. Although I think I need to order another album since this one is almost full and I'm not even half done, LOL~

Of course, I need the new western stamps from Waltzing Mouse. DH was a cowboy/rodeo rider in his younger days and the stamps will be PERFECT for cards for him and for scrapping all my AZ property pics.

<sigh> Again with the justification. Help!!!

My brand new blog: Tinkering With Ink
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2011, 02:30 PM   #43  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, and my price just went down b/c I sold the BS!

I wouldn't try to talk you into it, Karen -- of course everyone has their own situation to go by. For me, it was literally a better fit, and I really felt I wasn't getting the most out of my folders and dies . . . it was just a hassle to get the BS out, set it up (usually in the midst of a card when I had no space for it), etc.

Good luck with your decision and didn't mean to hijack the thread, Joan!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2011, 02:51 PM   #44  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Sometimes I can quell the urge by going to the sites I like and putting stuff in my cart but not placing the order (yet).

And sometimes nothing will do but actually spending the $$. The last time, I bought a Fiskars stamp press. I was at Joann's and I was NOT leaving that store without buying something, and the stamp press was 40% off and less than $10.

As I was taking it thru the checkout, I was thinking "why are you even buying this? It's not on your list, it's not anything you thought you wanted; matter of fact, you always thought it was kind of a stupid idea."

And guess what - I love it. I've always had issues stamping big background stamps without smudging them or leaving chunks unstamped, and with the press, I can get them perfect every time. So sometimes you just need to go with your urges.

Unless they tell you to pick up a MM Tag Maker
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2011, 04:19 PM   #45  
Pearl-ExPert

Nancy, take some glue and glue on that sticker!! I'm sure you can figure out some way to put it back on the vagabond!! Yeah, I'm thinking long and hard about it!! I'll let you know what I decide!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2011, 04:46 PM   #46  
Die Cut Diva

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I was just whining to my friends on another board last night that I couldn`t find anything to spend my money on. I`ve been really good at not buying out the store the last couple months and was proud of myself. But I came into a little bit of extra cash and it definitely burned a hole straight through my wallet. I searched all over the internet yesterday and couldn`t really find anything new or exciting. So, I ended up buying another 40 Copics and another 12 stamps today. I`ll save the rest for next month to see if anything comes up. I`ve been thinking about buying a little video cam so I can do video tutorials on my blog instead of typing everything out (gets tiring after a while). I haven`t seen any that have the features I want at the price I`m willing to pay yet though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2011, 05:21 PM   #47  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen99View Post
Nancy, take some glue and glue on that sticker!! I'm sure you can figure out some way to put it back on the vagabond!! Yeah, I'm thinking long and hard about it!! I'll let you know what I decide!!
Can't wait to find out! There's a thread in Tools & Products about the Vagabond now, too.

And yes. . I've stuck it back on ;^) .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2011, 04:10 AM   #48  
Mad Swapper

I do what Cheryl does, and put things in an online cart but don't hit the order button til I've let it all sit for a few hours or even days. And more often than not, when I do this I end up removing items or even skipping the whole order. Just did that this morning, as a matter of fact... :-)
TAC demo #2239
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2011, 04:16 AM   #49  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by purtktView Post
Joan B, do what works for you (I do hope you spend at least a little of it). My solution to that dilemma is very simple. I am a craft clearance junkie. The staff at Joann's and Michaels just call me "sister". They always check my basket to see what I found and ask what I will make with it. Before I buy anything I have to write down 5 ways I can use it. That way I have a written record of why I bought a certain item and I avoid collecting things I will never use. It's also a great way to stretch the creative imagination!
That is a great idea! So many times I buy stuff "just because" and then it sits in my craft room forever, gathering dust, because I have no idea what to do with it. I'm going to start making a list and using it before I buy anything (well, for the most part ;))
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2011, 04:26 AM   #50  
Swapper of the Month September 2012

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan BView Post
i had to chuckle when I saw this thread. I feel the same way today as I did the day I started this!

I still struggle with the same "addicted" desire to spend. I still buy the wrong stuff. However, at least I'm sticking to my budget.
I just read this today. I'm relating. I wish I had a job to support my habit. Is there scrapper/stampers anonymous?

HUGS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2011, 05:33 AM   #51  
Pearl-ExPert

It's funny....I've been trying to limit my craft spending since the first of the year (yes, new year's resolution) and I have been doing very well. In fact I got a Joann's gift card and two Michaels gift cards for Christmas that I haven't used yet. I also sold some of my stamps and have money in my PayPal account. Now that I have the extra funds sitting around I have more restraint. When I didn't have the extra funds I wanted to spend.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2011, 05:47 AM   #52  
Insane Embellisher

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrslaporteView Post
I just read this today. I'm relating. I wish I had a job to support my habit. Is there scrapper/stampers anonymous?

HUGS
If there is, please do NOT tell my hubby!! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2011, 07:17 AM   #53  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamper for funView Post
It's funny....I've been trying to limit my craft spending since the first of the year (yes, new year's resolution) and I have been doing very well. In fact I got a Joann's gift card and two Michaels gift cards for Christmas that I haven't used yet. I also sold some of my stamps and have money in my PayPal account. Now that I have the extra funds sitting around I have more restraint. When I didn't have the extra funds I wanted to spend.
I'm the same way!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2011, 08:56 AM   #54  
Embossing Fanatic

im all about the sales!
in times of needing something new, I try and locate freebie digi download stamps....just to satisfy the urge and acts as a great cushion!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2011, 01:16 PM   #55  
Pearl-ExPert

So, it's been a rough few weeks here in WI for us teachers and I am really wanting to spend some of my hard earned money. But you know what? I can't find anything that I am willing to spend that money on...yet. Have I become craft saturated? Am I getting cynical? Or worse...cheap?!?! Anyway, I want to spend some money but I can't figure out what I should spend it on. I blame you here at SCS and the "cold-turkey" thread...now I think before I buy!! *sigh* Such a hardship... :rolleyes: hehehe
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2011, 02:06 PM   #56  
Stazon Splitcoast

Haha, Jen!!!! I have a don't read policy on the "cold turkey" thread!!! Stronger folks than me over there!

I'm ready to hit "checkout" on the new Webster's Pages paper in my cart at Ellen Hutson - I'm one of the "window shoppers" who leaves it in the cart for awhile to see if my lesser wants can be deleted.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2011, 02:21 PM   #57  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by crafty1021View Post
So, it's been a rough few weeks here in WI for us teachers and I am really wanting to spend some of my hard earned money. But you know what? I can't find anything that I am willing to spend that money on...yet. Have I become craft saturated? Am I getting cynical? Or worse...cheap?!?! Anyway, I want to spend some money but I can't figure out what I should spend it on. I blame you here at SCS and the "cold-turkey" thread...now I think before I buy!! *sigh* Such a hardship... :rolleyes: hehehe
i was just considering this a week or so ago...NOTHING appealed enough to move from cart to actual checkout! I have a few places where I keep a cart load at the ready...but more often than not, I empty it out and start over. Letting items sit for a bit lets me think about it...and revisit after a few days or week or so and determine can I live without...

until last weekend...Stamp Scrap Art Tour came to town...and I was CONVINCED there was only one booth I would purchase from, and I would be quick in and quick out...I was so wrong! Was there for about 2 hours the first day...Went back the second day just to make sure I got everything I wanted! I am so weak when the goodies are right in front of my face!:rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2011, 02:24 PM   #58  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, now laadeedaa has me putting Distress Stains into my cart at Ellen's!! LOL!!! Resistance is futile ;^/ .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2011, 02:30 PM   #59  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomView Post
Well, now laadeedaa has me putting Distress Stains into my cart at Ellen's!! LOL!!! Resistance is futile ;^/ .
LOL! I enable where I can!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2011, 03:31 PM   #60  
Kookie Creator

I stopped buying papers and embellishments early last year. I just have so much stuff I need to clear out existing ones before I can get new ones. This Jan I bought some dp bcs I want to try out something different and I don't have that kind of dp. After that I don't buy anything anymore. What do I do with the budget? Save it up for something bigger Waiting for summer rubberstamp collections to be out
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2011, 04:55 AM   #61  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by crafty1021View Post
Sending hugs to you. I hope it gets better. What is this about cheap? ROFL! I like cheap but I call it frugal style. ! I think you have become craft saturated., not cynical or cheap. !

I want to buy a couple of stamps. My DH keeps pushing me. I guess I will buy the stamps. ;)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2011, 06:24 AM   #62  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by lylacfeyView Post
... I want to buy a couple of stamps. My DH keeps pushing me. I guess I will buy the stamps. ;)
In times like that, it's always best to listen to the DH, LOL.

My sister and I went to Archiver's, and of course I had one of those 30% off coupons in hand. I ended up with a new Fiskars Sunburst border punch, which I used right away. (It was just right for the latest card in my gallery.) I've certainly gotten $11.19 worth of enjoyment out of it already.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2011, 07:00 AM   #63  
Stampin' Fool

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going crazy because I can't stamp due to a sprained shoulder. Even typing is painful. So I look at cards and it makes me want more stamps and paper and ribbon. Even though I have more than enough. I'm itching to spend some money.
Reply With Quote Likes