Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-25-2008, 11:24 AM   #41  
Inking Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Opthalmologist, your storage idea for UMs in clear plastic envelopes punched to fit in a binder sounds great! What size are these envelops, please?
Thank you.

Last edited by mcw519; 06-25-2008 at 11:25 AM.. Reason: edited to correct spelling
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2008, 11:55 AM   #42  
Inking Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelsluvs2scrapView Post
I stick vinyl cling on the inside of a CD case and the stamp sticks on that. You can remove a stamp from a wooden block by placing in the microwave for about 5-8 seconds and yes it's still sticky. If your image sticker is already on the wooden block, I'd just stamp the image to make a new image sticker and use a clear photo square to stick them on the block. And the best blocks are CTMH, IMO.
kelsluvs2scrap, if I understand correctly, you put vinyl cling on your acrylic block and the index sticker from the stamp sticks to that.
Does this mean that now you can't see through the acrylic block?
You also put vinyl cling in the CD cases for the rubber to stick to? The only "vinyl cling" I know about is the kind with the cushion - the kind that is in the "Vinyl Cling vs EZMount discussion that began this forum. Is this what you use?
Sorry to everyone if I am making things even more confusing! Thanks for any help!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2008, 03:19 AM   #43  
Montague Mingler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcw519View Post
kelsluvs2scrap, if I understand correctly, you put vinyl cling on your acrylic block and the index sticker from the stamp sticks to that.
Does this mean that now you can't see through the acrylic block?
You also put vinyl cling in the CD cases for the rubber to stick to? The only "vinyl cling" I know about is the kind with the cushion - the kind that is in the "Vinyl Cling vs EZMount discussion that began this forum. Is this what you use?
Sorry to everyone if I am making things even more confusing! Thanks for any help!
Hope I can help with your confusion. Vinyl cling is just clear vinyl (think the shaded stuff you put on your car windows to keep the sun off the kids in the back seat.) It doesn't have any cushion attached. That's why the conversation came up - some people like the cushion and others are happy to just use the cling. For my older stamps, which I'm slowly unmounting, I glue vinyl cling to the cushion that is still attached to the rubber after removing it from the block - most of the adhesive sticks to the block.

My family coat of arms ties at the back... is that normal?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2008, 04:02 AM   #44  
Insane Embellisher

I am a EZ Mount user. Original or thin - they have both worked great for me. As for storage - I use the boards from Sunday International - they have everything you need to go EZ Mount and have great customer services and I believe free shipping over $35 or $40 order. Don't quote me but it is something like that. And they have a program that saves you 10% on every order all the time - nothing required. Win Win there.n I believe the site is EZmountstamps.com
Storage for unmounted is really up to the stamper and their space. We all have different size spaces and ideas as to what works best.

My Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2008, 02:04 PM   #45  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcw519View Post
Opthalmologist, your storage idea for UMs in clear plastic envelopes punched to fit in a binder sounds great! What size are these envelops, please?
Thank you.
I use different sizes, depending on the size of the rubber. The smallest are about 7x10 cm (sorry for the European sizes - should be about 2,5x4 inches), up to about 15x20 cm.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2008, 09:04 AM   #46  
Rubber Obsessor

I am just getting into the UM thing with SU but i have a lot of UM (naked rubber) i got in grab bags from VLVS (VivaLasVegaStamps) and Paper Candy. I had mounted a few with cushion and vinyl, which now is peeling off :mad: and a few with cusion and onto wood blocks.
Anyhoo, now i'm getting into experimenting with these methods to see what's going to work for me and my mondo-SU collection , i have acrylic blocks, wood blocks with TIO&O on it, and UM TIO&O on it. Next up is Tack n Peel on acrylic block...
Meanwhile...
I am storing my UM rubber in pocket pages in binders. These are plastic pages with pockets, formerly used to store my SU demo "stamples" of card fronts (4 pockets to a page) and ATCs (9 pockets to a page). I get the trading card sizes at W-M i think way back when, and the CF size from Century plastic/photo supply.
These are soo handy. Just slip in the nekkid rubber in the pocket along with a stamped peice of paper for index if you wish. Most of my pages are just pockets full of naked rubber! I have them by sections of type, theme, etc. and for words, have a mirror handy for reading if they don't have the stamped paper in their pocket.
HTH!
Holly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2008, 08:53 PM   #47  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapamigaView Post
What's the difference between EZMount and cling vinyl? I thought they were the same, just different companies, but I guess I'm wrong!
I was wondering this myself. Can anyone explain the difference.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2008, 11:08 AM   #48  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I love and prefer Ez-mount Foam. I've been using this method for over 5 years now.

Some of my very first unmounted stamps I placed ez-mount foam on are still clingy. Just like they were brand new.

I once try the cling vinyl but didn't like it so I pitch it.

So everytime I purchase Unmounted Rubber Stamps I alway put them on Ez-mount foam.

Cause I know it works GREAT!!

I've never try the thin ez-mount, I've seen it. and don't like it. Cause it's black.

And I can't stamp the stamp image onto my Ez-mount foam. (for indexing)

So my vote is for Ez-mount Foam!!!!

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2008, 03:17 PM   #49  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Another vote for Tack N Peel - you'll save a lot of $$$$ and clean up is a breeze

Meow is kind of like Aloha. It can mean anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2008, 07:39 PM   #50  
Cardstock Collector

i use aleenes tack it over and over. works great.. Once dry make sure you stick it to something(counter top) before you use it the first time or it's kinda hard to get off. I store them in cd case.. I considered the ez mount and the "tack and peel" sheets. I'm very happy with my method. Happy stamping
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2008, 08:08 PM   #51  
Kookie Creator

Default EZM...source to purchasE?

I am out and need to order more..what source(s) do you use for ordering it?

I need it fast! Thanks!!

Thanks,
Janet

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthernStormView Post
Hay Leeann! As you can see, theres more than one way to skin a cat. ;) I LOVE EZ Mount regular. I've done my whole collection. For wood mounted, I peel it off the rubber then get all the foam and glue totally off, usually w/ the aid of Goo Gone. I trim closely, any stamps that need it and slap them onto a sheet of EZM. I sprinkle the exposed EZM glue with baby powder. This cuts way down on the sticky. Then I peel the white paper off the cling side. I use a glass mat and hot knife to cut around the stamps. Ez, peazy! I don't fool with the index sticker, I stamp each one onto CS cut to fit into the front of CD cases and also onto a sheet of copy paper that I store in sheet protectors in my 3 ring index binder. On the copy paper, I list name of stamp, manuf., retired and when if I know, etc. Then when I'm ready to stamp, I grab a cuppa and thumb thru my index binder. This way, I don't have stamps that I forget about. I store my CD's in the MM 4 drawer wooden cube from Michaels bought with 40% coupon. It is *slap full* so I'll probably store future CD's in my orig. storage = photo boxes.
I have had ZERO problems with EZM! I'm not positive, but I think someone on SCS said Stewart Superior guarantees EZM! HTH!
May God bless, Sandi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2008, 10:12 AM   #52  
Die Cut Diva

subscribing - I am currently in the debate stage of deciding whether to unmount my stamps or not. I know it will be a big chore - but I really think it will pay off in the end... especially since I don't see myself quiting buying new stamps any time soon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2008, 11:16 AM   #53  
Stazon Splitcoast

I haven't read all of the entries, but here's my 2 cents:

I started unmounting about 1-1/2 years ago - and only started stamping about 2 years ago...

Definitely, EZmount is the gold standard. It will not let you down. (I purchased mine from Sunday International.)

For bare rubber, I love Tack'n'Peel. (I purchased mine from Barnes & Noble.)

For brand new SU stamps, yes, you can attach them to the Tack'n'Peel without removing the paper backing ~ they will come right up leaving the backing intact. And now they are diecut so it's really easy to get started when the stamps come. Now if I could just get SU to stop sending me cases and blocks!

To make a long long story really short - cling vinyl doesn't work well enough. Don't even go there.

I have unmounted almost everything. SU backgrounds are still on wood but that won't last much longer. I'll either put them on EZmount or just keep the rubber.

Last night, I was trying to make some room and when faced with selling stamps or pulling up rubber....well, my formerly wood-mounted Inkadinkadoo Christmas stamps now take up a reasonable amount of space ~ four of them together in a CD case.

I still have a storage drawer of woodmounted Penny Black and House Mouse stamps... one day, they will probably be on EZmount, too. I totally "get" the reticence to remove the rubber from those beautiful wood mounts with the gorgeous index labels. But for me, if I have to choose between having the stamps or having the wood, I choose the rubber!!

I do have a handful that are more valuable left intact and they'll probably remain that way - my own little "stamps as art" collection!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2015, 04:29 AM   #54  
Polyshrink Goddess

Following
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2016, 08:26 AM   #55  
Cardstock Collector

Default info and Tack n Peel

[QUOTE=Ophthalmologist;9796302]I don't use any of these systems any longer. I had many problems with EzMount. When I stored my stamps upright, they slowly glided down from the cushion, and when I stored them flat, the glue poured out from the EzMount and damaged the rubber.
Now I use Tack'n'Peel. This is a clear cushion material you stick onto your acrylic handle once, then rubber clings to it temporarily. After stamping you simply peel the rubber off the Tack'n'Peel and your acrylic handle is ready for the next unmounted stamp. It's such a clean and easy thing, and there are some more advantages: You can create fancy background stamps by clinging bubble foil, wool fibers or whatever you can imagine onto the Tack'n'Peel. And it is soooo much easier if you only have to cut through rubber and not through rubber plus some sticky cushion!
You should give it a try![/QUOTE

Ophthal, I wonder if you had mounted on acetate. I have read on here that it will have a very adverse effect on the EZ mount. I like Tack n Peel but it is nicer, IMO to have a cushion. I can control the pressure on the stamp better with a cushion. I store my EZmount stamps flat in a large scrapbooking box. I have stretched cling wrap over cardboard and put them on that. Saran wrap is PVC, not acetate. I have had stamps like this for 8 years and no problem.

Also, FYI, everybody, Tack n Peel is available on Amazon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2016, 08:27 AM   #56  
Cardstock Collector

Hi, just thought I would put a quick note on. I buy Tack n Peel on Amazon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2016, 12:05 PM   #57  
Glitter Queen

Default unmounting rubber stamps

I've read all of the posts on what to use for un-mounting rubber stamps, but my question is, after I take the rubber stamp off the wooden block, the rubber stamp is VERY sticky. What do I use to remove the stickiness? I almost need someone to show me step by step how to do this process. Once I get the stamp off the block and get rid of the stickiness on the stamp, then what do I do?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2016, 12:19 PM   #58  
Die Cut Diva

i unmount all my stamps and i find that to remove some of the stickiness i take a washcloth and dab it several times on the sticky. i keep some of the sticky to adhere to the EZmount. works great for me. however, please note that a terry cloth will leave a few strands on the rubber but they pull off easy. i do not recommend anything paper. hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2016, 12:39 PM   #59  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by clarenceView Post
I've read all of the posts on what to use for un-mounting rubber stamps, but my question is, after I take the rubber stamp off the wooden block, the rubber stamp is VERY sticky. What do I use to remove the stickiness? I almost need someone to show me step by step how to do this process. Once I get the stamp off the block and get rid of the stickiness on the stamp, then what do I do?
If you still have sticky foam, just put the sticker on it, trim and add Tack it over and over. If you have sticky rubber bc you've taken it down to the rubber, just put the tack n peel right on it. The extra adhesive is a plus either way!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2016, 08:16 PM   #60  
Stazon Splitcoast

I recently completed unmounting all my wood mount rubber stamps including about 600 sets of SU. I left the cling on nearly all the red rubber but on a few where it tore I removed the cling completely and put zig two way on the rubber. When it dries you can use that red rubber on an acrylic block. Got that idea from Gregsgurl.
Reply With Quote Likes