Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-09-2018, 04:29 PM   #1  
Gallery Gazer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Comparing new SU colours to the really old retired ones

I have found several colour comparisons of the new StampinUp colours and the more recent colours but I am interested to see them compared with the old ones, like the new Mango with Marigold Morning, Blueberry Bushel to Brilliant Blue, Petal Pink to Blush Blossom. To me, they seem very close to some of those older shades. Any thoughts on that?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2018, 04:57 PM   #2  
Kookie Creator

Received 67 Likes on 29 Posts

This blog post compares several of the colors you mention:

Introducing the 2018 Color Revamp - Stamp Your Art Out!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2018, 05:09 PM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinstacy2010View Post
This blog post compares several of the colors you mention:

Introducing the 2018 Color Revamp - Stamp Your Art Out!
Thank you! That does show more of the older colours. Boy, some of them are CLOSE. I can't really imagine needing too many new ones if a person still has some old ones.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2018, 05:19 PM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

Received 35 Likes on 6 Posts

Flirty Flamingo seems pretty close to Regal Rose

I was wondering if Sea Foam might be close to certainly celery or pistachio pudding.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2018, 06:36 PM   #5  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoboken PaperView Post
Flirty Flamingo seems pretty close to Regal Rose

I was wondering if Sea Foam might be close to certainly celery or pistachio pudding.
I am waiting impatiently for Sea Foam! My demo tells me it is very light but similar to Pistachio in some ways. That is the one I can hardly wait to see. I love Pistachio Pudding and wanted it back
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2018, 06:43 PM   #6  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Agreed

I agree that some � new� colors look a lot like older ones I liked from over 10 years ago. Brilliant blue, bliss or bashful blue, lavender lace, pink passion. Also, flirty flamingo is very close to cameo coral.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2018, 03:03 PM   #7  
Kookie Creator

Received 279 Likes on 100 Posts
Default SU knows exactly what they are doing

SU knows that their customer base is demonstrators, so SU just thinks up new ways as often as possible for demos to need all "new" stuff.

Call it a "revamp" or keeping up with trends: bottom line is SU strongly encourages demos to use only current merchandise so any big change will drive big revenues.

Those of us--the UNSHACKLED--who are not demos will stamp happily with our old colors (that were retired in 2004 but look suspiciously just like all the "new" 2018 colors!) with a sly smile that says, "I'll keep my hard earned dollars, thank you!"

And all those eager beavers who jumped on to become demos in order to get ordering all the new stuff from the new catalog in the month of May are figuring out that they can only order CERTAIN stuff--not anything--just what SU permits. That doesn't sound like a perk; it sounds like manipulation.

I honestly don't know how long this charade is going to last with China completely ignoring copyright and pumping out Stampin' Up! sets at $1.23 and free shipping on ebay: Country Livin', Garden Girl, Always & Forever, etc. They look exactly the same. I don't know what to think. I don't condone illegal activities, but it makes sense to purchase the same product somewhere else for less--be it punches or papers. I love crafting, but the internet has complicated brand loyalty to the point where it is even more important for the consumer to really stop and think, "Can I get this somewhere else for less?"

It seems like making someone a demo is only accomplishing one main goal: to get someone to stop looking around and accept whatever SU offers whenever they offer it. I'm not sure any company is worth that kind of loyalty.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2018, 03:33 PM   #8  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 839 Likes on 277 Posts

Not sure what has made you such an SU cynic, but whatever it is I'm sorry you feel this way.

Colors are refreshed every several years to keep them updated with current ongoing color trends. Not to gouge demonstrators. Other direct sales companies also alter their product whether it's to improve the functionality or appearance and nobody seems to complain about that.
As far as people signing on to get brand new catalog product during the pre-order period, well, pre-order has ALWAYS been limited for the annual catalog because SU simply doesn't have the space to store 2 catalogs worth of merchandise in their warehouse. Nobody is forced to pre-order, it's a choice just like everything else.
As a demonstrator, I'm glad they update the colors every so often. I had colors in my stash that I felt should have been eliminated during the last color refresh. I held onto them in case any of my customers night want a project made with them. I'm now giving them all away, yay!
The new colors are fresh and beautiful and yes, some are reminiscent of old colors but as the saying goes, what's old is new again. Colors come, colors go, and colors come back again. It's just the nature of the beast.
Stampin' Up is suing a company for copyright infringement because they allow the sale of counterfeit goods on their sites. These Chinese companies are also stealing art from much smaller stamp companies so I encourage all stampers to NOT buy those $2 stamp sets and/or dies and to discourage their friends from doing the same because the counterfeits are hurting ALL stamp companies. The counterfeit products are usually significantly smaller than the originals. So while they may look the same they aren't exactly the same.

And when it comes down to it, nobody is SHACKLED to any direct sales company. It's a personal choice. For me, being a demonstrator is just another way to get nice product at a discount. I also buy from other companies because SU cannot carry everything a stamper could possibly want but they are still at the top of my preferred stamp suppliers list.

To the OP- if you search Pinterest for Stampin Up color comparisons you should be able to find several comparisons that include both current and some quite old (former) colors.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KgeansView Post
SU knows that their customer base is demonstrators, so SU just thinks up new ways as often as possible for demos to need all "new" stuff.

Call it a "revamp" or keeping up with trends: bottom line is SU strongly encourages demos to use only current merchandise so any big change will drive big revenues.

Those of us--the UNSHACKLED--who are not demos will stamp happily with our old colors (that were retired in 2004 but look suspiciously just like all the "new" 2018 colors!) with a sly smile that says, "I'll keep my hard earned dollars, thank you!"

And all those eager beavers who jumped on to become demos in order to get ordering all the new stuff from the new catalog in the month of May are figuring out that they can only order CERTAIN stuff--not anything--just what SU permits. That doesn't sound like a perk; it sounds like manipulation.

I honestly don't know how long this charade is going to last with China completely ignoring copyright and pumping out Stampin' Up! sets at $1.23 and free shipping on ebay: Country Livin', Garden Girl, Always & Forever, etc. They look exactly the same. I don't know what to think. I don't condone illegal activities, but it makes sense to purchase the same product somewhere else for less--be it punches or papers. I love crafting, but the internet has complicated brand loyalty to the point where it is even more important for the consumer to really stop and think, "Can I get this somewhere else for less?"

It seems like making someone a demo is only accomplishing one main goal: to get someone to stop looking around and accept whatever SU offers whenever they offer it. I'm not sure any company is worth that kind of loyalty.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2018, 03:51 PM   #9  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by beaddictView Post
I had colors in my stash that I felt should have been eliminated during the last color refresh. I held onto them in case any of my customers night want a project made with them. I'm now giving them all away, yay!

Maybe not the best business move but to each his own.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2018, 07:03 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 358 Likes on 197 Posts

I don't have any problem with the color re-vamp. I may have some old cardstock but no ink left to match it - if there is a new color that is close, hooray for me! or maybe I have left over ink, but no cardstock in that older color.... I have way more colors of cardstock than I do ink - I just don't feel the need to have every color as there are some colors I don't care for.
Stand up for yourself - you don't have to buy every color - no one is making you and as I was told repeatedly thru out my childhood - "you don't have to keep up with the Jones'."
Everyone has their own style so embrace it and BE YOU!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2018, 07:36 PM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,163 Likes on 497 Posts

I love Stampin Up product, and a demo either. But they are sure are make hard for the little people like me who fixed income like me. I love stamping even tho mom had to help stamp for CP and hard my hands. But mom has cancer. And we she goes for treatment we take cards for the patients use. And send cards to places to put smiles on people faces. And that my life minstery. But, with prices keep go up. I not sure longer I can do this. I aired Stampin Up maybe going loss some costumers. That's just my thoughts on this too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2018, 04:59 AM   #12  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotwheelsView Post
I love Stampin Up product, and a demo either. But they are sure are make hard for the little people like me who fixed income , like me. I love stamping even tho mom had to help stamp for CP and hard my hands. But mom has cancer. And we she goes for treatment we take cards for the patients use. And send cards to places to put smiles on people faces. And that my life minstery. But, with prices keep go up. I not sure longer I can do this. I aired Stampin Up maybe going loss some costumers. That's just my thoughts on this too.

Linda, you are right. Prices keep going up and that�s got to make it hard for you. And lots of us. I appreciate the fact that their costs go up but so do ours so the luxury items are the things one cuts out first. If shipping weren�t so costly, I would send you a bundle of card-stock! I seem to have more than I will ever use in a lifetime.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2018, 05:51 AM   #13  
Crimping Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardmaker2View Post
I am waiting impatiently for Sea Foam! My demo tells me it is very light but similar to Pistachio in some ways. That is the one I can hardly wait to see. I love Pistachio Pudding and wanted it back
Sea Foam is very pretty in person. It is a lighter shade of Pistachio Pudding.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2018, 05:57 AM   #14  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 501 Likes on 222 Posts

I got my new color packages of paper on Wednesday and updated my SU colors by ROYGBIV chart last night. Here's my view on all the new colors.

Shaded Spruce. Not the same hue as any we have seen. A tiny bit yellower than Emerald Envy and darker...between it and Forest Foliage.

Blueberry Bushel. Very close to Brilliant Blue, but a little bit greener.

Balmy Blue. Much more to the turquoise-y side from Bashful Blue or Bliss Blue. Coordinates with Blueberry Bushel.

Highland Heather. Very much like Lavender Lace, a tiny bit redder.

Gorgeous Grape. Coordinates with Highland Heather, is darker.

Merry Merlot. A very pretty wine red or burgundy. Not as muddy as the two past burgundy colors.

Lovely Lipstick. A tad darker than Melon Mambo. Fits between Melon Mambo and Raspberry Ripple.

Petal Pink. Darker than Blush Blossom, similar hue. Works well with Flirty Flamingo (Flamingo is almost identical to Cameo Coral)

Grapefruit Grove. Lighter than Only Orange.

Mango Melody. A very orange-y yellow. Works well with Summer Sun, but this is a completely unique color. Much brighter than Marigold Morning ever was.

Pineapple Punch. A completely unique color as well. Very brilliant yellow.

Granny Apple Green. Lighter than and works well with Gumball Green. Nothing in the past is like it.

Call Me Clover. A very medium value clear green. Yellower than the Emerald Envy (which is just like Glorious Green), and bluer than the Cucumber Crush.

Soft Sea Foam. Lighter than Pistachio Pudding, and coordinates well with it.

Gray Granite. If Tip Top Taupe and Sahara Sand are coordinating taupe colors and Going Gray and Basic Gray and Smokey Slate are cool grays, then Gray Granite is in between those groups. Grayer than the taupes and browner than the grays.

If you want to see the whole list of SU colors from the beginning, in a color wheel order, check out post 2 in this thread:
fionna51's Many Lists and Charts by fionna51 at Splitcoaststampers
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2018, 06:35 AM   #15  
Forum Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by fionna51View Post
I got my new color packages of paper on Wednesday and updated my SU colors by ROYGBIV chart last night. Here's my view on all the new colors.

Shaded Spruce. Not the same hue as any we have seen. A tiny bit yellower than Emerald Envy and darker...between it and Forest Foliage.

Blueberry Bushel. Very close to Brilliant Blue, but a little bit greener.

Balmy Blue. Much more to the turquoise-y side from Bashful Blue or Bliss Blue. Coordinates with Blueberry Bushel.

Highland Heather. Very much like Lavender Lace, a tiny bit redder.

Gorgeous Grape. Coordinates with Highland Heather, is darker.

Merry Merlot. A very pretty wine red or burgundy. Not as muddy as the two past burgundy colors.

Lovely Lipstick. A tad darker than Melon Mambo. Fits between Melon Mambo and Raspberry Ripple.

Petal Pink. Darker than Blush Blossom, similar hue. Works well with Flirty Flamingo (Flamingo is almost identical to Cameo Coral)

Grapefruit Grove. Lighter than Only Orange.

Mango Melody. A very orange-y yellow. Works well with Summer Sun, but this is a completely unique color. Much brighter than Marigold Morning ever was.

Pineapple Punch. A completely unique color as well. Very brilliant yellow.

Granny Apple Green. Lighter than and works well with Gumball Green. Nothing in the past is like it.

Call Me Clover. A very medium value clear green. Yellower than the Emerald Envy (which is just like Glorious Green), and bluer than the Cucumber Crush.

Soft Sea Foam. Lighter than Pistachio Pudding, and coordinates well with it.

Gray Granite. If Tip Top Taupe and Sahara Sand are coordinating taupe colors and Going Gray and Basic Gray and Smokey Slate are cool grays, then Gray Granite is in between those groups. Grayer than the taupes and browner than the grays.

If you want to see the whole list of SU colors from the beginning, in a color wheel order, check out post 2 in this thread:
fionna51's Many Lists and Charts by fionna51 at Splitcoaststampers

Wow!!!! You described the colors in a way that is super useful and will help me get a grasp on what colors to buy and what colors to wait on. I�ve been a SU customer for so long that I still have the ancient ink pads that had normal, non-cutesy names (and the ink is still useable, how amazing is that?!)
I�m printing out your comments to use as primer on the new color reset. Thanks for taking the time to not only do a serious color comparison, but to share it with us here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2018, 07:15 AM   #16  
Insane Embellisher

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Thank you so much for the color descriptions........now I'm off to the link on the comparisons. I think it's going to be a bit hard to decide which new colors will be must haves.........but fun to think about.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2018, 08:01 AM   #17  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I have some SU products and enjoy them, like products from other companies. The patterned paper is among the most beautiful and highest quality I've found. I just ordered some, along with a couple colors of CS to fill in color gaps from other companies' CS.

As a semi-outsider, I've often thought the huge retiring/new color events are a large part marketing - generating excitement so demos will get rid of old colors (and other products) to buy new. That's not taking away from high quality and design. It's just that pulling older still popular colors and substituting new forces buying.

While there are world-wide color trends, and it's interesting (to me) how they come about, the SU events don't follow them that much - and it wouldn't make sense to do so. (I used to follow color trends and color history for house/commercial paint for my job.)

There's nothing inherently better about a blue that's new versus a blue that's older, so I just hope people enjoy the new but continue to love the old. Just my take - YMMV!

Last edited by bjeans; 05-11-2018 at 08:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2018, 01:22 PM   #18  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I started buying SU inks when I first started stamping, and that was when they had just done the last reset. In that time, I have amassed just over 60 pads of SU ink, and for me, that's plenty. Nowadays I'm finding that when I want a color I don't have, SU doesn't sell it, so I get it in a different brand.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2018, 04:13 PM   #19  
Gallery Gazer

Diane, thank you for your descriptions! Super helpful and interesting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2018, 06:11 PM   #20  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

I have a question:
Would people prefer the SU solids to stay the same while changing up the coordinating pattern papers? Maybe only change the solids.....every 5 years?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2018, 07:04 PM   #21  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavejumperView Post
I have a question:
Would people prefer the SU solids to stay the same while changing up the coordinating pattern papers? Maybe only change the solids.....every 5 years?
Not sure that I understand the question. Solid colored cardstock? Doesn�t it stay the same unless there�s a color refresh?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2018, 07:40 PM   #22  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavejumperView Post
I have a question:

Don't they already change up the patterned papers with every catalog, including every mini/seasonal?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2018, 08:02 PM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,163 Likes on 497 Posts

On a another I think SU is make to many changes at once overwhelm the costumers, demonstrators like. And going to drive every nuts. And things are high I just wanted until something retired or go the clearance rack. Unless it something I really like. Or until demonstrator sale her retired stuffed etc!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2018, 07:11 AM   #24  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 501 Likes on 222 Posts

So far, SU has made changes to their color line-up in:
2000...with two colors changed,
2005...with nine colors changed, primarily to tighten up the range of accuracy,
2010...a major color renovation, including incorporating some previous in colors, with color family change as well,
2013...with ten colors changed, including incorporating some previous in colors, and
2018...with thirteen colors changed and three added, including incorporating some previous in colors.

The in colors have been available for one year (2006-2010) or two years (2010-present) but there is no guarantee for any of them, they come and they go. Obviously the popular ones have been incorporated into the core colors when changes are made.

Patterned paper changes with every catalog.
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2018, 08:31 AM   #25  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 186 Likes on 88 Posts

If you think about it, all kinds of companies change things up on a regular basis.
The last time my vacuum died while under warranty, they no longer had my model. I had to pay the difference for a new upgraded model. Car models change every year. Refrigerators change. Companies are always hoping that you’ll want the new version. Stamping is no different. Of course they want us to buy more. They’re in business to sell things. If you go to a big box store 6 months apart, they will have a different selection of pretty papers to choose from. We don’t notice it as much because when the last one of something leaves the shelf, it’s gone. There isn’t a catalog to show us the different choices, and what is or isn’t available. I am a hobby demo. I agree that SU is trying to guide our purchases, but I think that is to try to get people to buy what they have in stock, and to prevent backorders. If I don’t want something, I won’t buy it.
On another note, thank you, Diane, for the detailed color descriptions. They will be very helpful as I decide how to spend my stamping dollars!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2018, 08:54 AM   #26  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

You're 100% right - every company tries to get us to buy. SU's business model is different than almost any other crafting company, however, with demonstrators being a commissioned sales force, a critical part of the model.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2018, 10:22 AM   #27  

Received 839 Likes on 277 Posts

Quote:

Maybe not the best business move but to each his own.
Not sure what you mean by this. The colors are no longer available for me to sell so I have no use for them. It's a PITA to try and sell them and it's really not worth the effort that it takes in order to get the $2 or $3 per pad that I'd get. I enjoy blessing people that don't have the financial means to fall into a stamping addiction. Maybe my blessings will eventually gain me some customers (that's not why I give them away-my giving doesn't come with strings attached), maybe not. But if my generosity adds a little joy to someone's life then that's all I need.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2018, 11:56 AM   #28  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 654 Likes on 412 Posts

Diane, thank you for that description of the colors.

I tend to buy all the colors, and since I am not a demo that means I keep my old ones and having lots of choices is a good thing for me.

I am the most excited about the new greens :mrgreen:

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2018, 12:48 PM   #29  
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 390 Likes on 235 Posts

I like the new brights better than the older ones ('original' so to speak). I was sorry to see Brilliant Blue and Summer Sun leave because those are our local high school colors! I salvaged as much of that as possible. Just used my last on this year's grad cards. Now, with Blueberry Bushel coming in - I'm all set again!

I'm not sorry I got rid of all the older colors. Not sure I'll have a full set of papers and ink this time around. I'm not just a brights person most of the time. It's always fun to see what is new though!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2018, 08:22 AM   #30  
Forum Fanatic

Received 71 Likes on 17 Posts

Quote:

Just a little warning - the dies and stamps from China usually are not exactly the same size as the actual brand version. What I've seen are considerably smaller.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2018, 06:02 AM   #31  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 290 Likes on 114 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamphappy1650View Post
Just a little warning - the dies and stamps from China usually are not exactly the same size as the actual brand version. What I've seen are considerably smaller.

They are often made from inferior and/or possibly toxic materials, as well...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2018, 09:28 AM   #32  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 358 Likes on 197 Posts

I'm confused! My SU demo said Su dies are made in China and I have heard other demos say the same as when there have been backorders.

I am a "made in America" girl and this makes me angry, but what are you gonna do?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2018, 10:18 AM   #33  
Kookie Creator

Received 67 Likes on 29 Posts

Stampin' Up! stamps are made in the USA. The dies are made in China, by an authorized manufacturer that has a contract with SU. The inexpensive dies and stamps that are recently on the market coming from China are counterfeit. If it seems too good to be true, it most likely is counterfeit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2018, 01:33 AM   #34  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotwheelsView Post
On a another I think SU is make to many changes at once overwhelm the costumers, demonstrators like. And going to drive every nuts. And things are high I just wanted until something retired or go the clearance rack. Unless it something I really like. Or until demonstrator sale her retired stuffed etc!

I really like SU (not a demo). They do a great job providing a ton of fabulous product in an awesome catalog.

However, it isn't necessary to have new colors or all colors. Just pick a few that you love and use those -- whether they came out in 2000 or 2018. I still have my SU markers that I bought eons ago. A few are a little dry, I don't have paper or inks to match and it makes no difference at all.

No one has to buy any one thing to enjoy this wonderful hobby.

Also, while everyone loves what looks like a bargain, buying ripoffs from China is just plain unethical. I'd sooner never stamp again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2018, 03:45 PM   #35  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 389 Likes on 262 Posts

Slightly off subject, but has Stampin' Up ever had a peach color that actually looks nice? I have an old Peach Parfait ink pad that is not peachy at all, in my opinion. It's a really unattractive brownish-peach and not something I ever want to use.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2018, 04:32 PM   #36  
Forum Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by kazekaView Post
Slightly off subject, but has Stampin' Up ever had a peach color that actually looks nice? I have an old Peach Parfait ink pad that is not peachy at all, in my opinion. It's a really unattractive brownish-peach and not something I ever want to use.

I have not been impressed with SU line of orange/coral/peach tones. That being said, I discovered only recently that Peekaboo Peach is a really fun color! It isn�t weird and browny, it�s a nice fresh color, tending toward orange but not harsh orange. I bought some SU dsp that had it as one of the colors in the patterned designs and liked it so well I bough the ink pad and reinker and cardstock as a result. You might check it out and see if it is a peach that is pleasing to you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2018, 09:56 PM   #37  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by kazekaView Post
Like Boss said there�s Peekaboo Peach which retires at the end of this month.

I own Crisp Cantalope and I really like it. PP is very bright. CC is a little softer. It just depends what you like.

Hero Arts and Wplus9 have nice peach colors.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2018, 06:50 AM   #38  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by beaddictView Post
Not sure what you mean by this. The colors are no longer available for me to sell so I have no use for them. It's a PITA to try and sell them and it's really not worth the effort that it takes in order to get the $2 or $3 per pad that I'd get. I enjoy blessing people that don't have the financial means to fall into a stamping addiction. Maybe my blessings will eventually gain me some customers (that's not why I give them away-my giving doesn't come with strings attached), maybe not. But if my generosity adds a little joy to someone's life then that's all I need.

Bravo, friend. Your generosity is refreshing. I hope all the good you are sending out into the universe returns to you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2018, 10:15 AM   #39  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

i'm one of the unshackled, LOL. I just sold every SU! ink pad, pack of card stock, embellishment, reinker, and ribbon that I could on Ebay. I earn the money for my toys from affiliate cash, and SU! has no affiliate program other than being a demo, which locks you into not being able to get affiliate money from anyone else. I'd rather use the money I made from selling it all to buy something I can get affiliate money by using, and since they changed the ink pads with the new catalog, I anticipated that there would be a glut of the old ones on the market. I sold everything, and there was a lively bidding war going for most of it. I've been selling a lot of my SU! stuff including stamps on Ebay, and there's nothing wrong with that since it is my property. The money I paid originally for it provided income for the companies that made it, so they got their cut.

That said, I don't agree with buying something on ********** or Wish just because it's cheap and the actual company that developed those designs charges more than you want to pay. If you wanted something that your neighbor had and someone stole it and was selling it down the street for peanuts, would you buy it? Those designers that created the artwork used in the stamps have had their designs stolen. Their effort, their hard work, is benefiting someone who didn't work for it. As someone who is getting into stamp design myself, I would not spend money at places that are stealing intellectual property to make a quick buck.

It might seem to make sense now to buy something for less, but if cheap products put the original developers of designs out of business, pretty soon those cheap product developers will move on to something more lucrative, and there will be fewer new designs available there and here to choose from. And they will be MORE expensive, likely, to cover the expense of litigation. When you look at it that way, it doesn't make any sense at all.

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2018, 08:18 PM   #40  
Insane Embellisher

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

I tend to get bored with my stuff, so I look forward to new stamps, colours, embellishments, dies etc. from any company (and they all have new releases!) I am a hobby SU demo. I do not feel obligated to exclusively use SU, but I do like the quality and the fact that papers, inks, and embellishments co-ordinate. I also purchase from other companies, mainly stamps and dies.
Reply With Quote Likes