Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-06-2014, 09:09 AM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to alicaz
Default Coloring classes at Kit & Clowder

Did anyone take coloring classes at Kit & Clover? What do you think.. did you learn a lot? Are they worth the money?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2014, 12:24 PM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Following
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2014, 12:54 PM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

I'm currently taking several classes at Kit and Clowder, and I love them! You get videos, printed text instructions, and practice sheets, not to mention tons of feedback on your coloring from Alyce. You can work at your own pace and that has been perfect for me. There are months when I get busy with other things and don't have time to color, and then when time opens up, I can just pick up where I left off.

She is great about listening to her "students" and has added classes based on what folks are hungry for. Most classes use Copic markers with comparable conversions to Promarkers and some other markers. One class is devoted to Distress Inks. I believe she might have one for pencils or is working on one - not sure. But she has heard those of us who said "we want ........." :-) She also has a ton of fun contests and lots of giveaways on her Facebook group.

Oh - and if you are in the US - she has told us that the Australian dollar has dropped so your class price is even cheaper right now. It would be an awesome Christmas present to yourself!! :-)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2014, 01:47 PM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

I too am doing classes with Kit and Clowder. They are really wonderful. In just the first couple of lessons my colouring improved so much! Once you buy them you can do them at your own pace and the help and feedback along the way is brilliant. I started with the Skin & Hair class but then didn't want to colour the rest of the image in case I messed it up, so I then bought the Clothing class and I do a little of each. It has given me a great renewed interest in colouring stamped images. I would recommend them to anyone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2014, 02:04 PM   #5  
Inking Addict

I am also enrolled in several of the classes at Kit and Clowder. I love that they are self-paced, but also provide one on one feedback. Feedback is invaluable as you try to learn this skill. So often we look at our own work with an overly critical eye. It is great to have someone else look at it and offer encouragement as well as point out areas that may need improvement. Alyce is always encouraging even when pointing out areas that need practice. In addition to being self-paced, you have lifetime access to the class material. That is a huge benefit. The videos can also be downloaded so you can watch them on the go. The clothing class is extremely detailed and has 39 videos! Alyce covers so many types of folds and pleats! (The animal class has even more!) In comparison, Copic is now providing a clothing coloring class that costs $99, is only a few hours and is available in limited locations. When you run the U.S. conversion, the classes at Kit and Clowder are a bargain!! And access to the materials forever make them priceless in my opinion!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2014, 02:14 PM   #6  
Cardstock Collector

The classes at Kit & Clowder are awesome! It's definitely worth the money, and to be honest, I think taking any kind of art class is going to cost you a lot more than Alyce's classes and you get to do them at your own pace, which is a bonus for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2014, 02:23 PM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

I also bought the skin and hair class. It is pretty amazing how much information Alyce gives you!! I printed all the pages out and its like a book!! LOL There is also great videos!! You get to work at your own pace. You can upload your practicing and get some helpful feedback. It is worth every penny!! Then there is Alyce...she is such a sweet, talented girl. So very helpful. I honestly can't say enough good things about her classes!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2014, 03:06 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

They are honestly worth twice the price....at least!!!

KRAFTIN' KIMMIE STAMPS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2014, 03:17 PM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,013 Likes on 867 Posts
Default Kit & Clowder

I love the classes here as well. I have signed up for 2- one I have not started yet. The video's are fab and you can work at your own pace. I am working on skin and hair and next- coloring/shading clothes. There is a group to upload your projects and get constructive criticism..... It is amazing how quickly your skin tones will look better- still working on the hair. The Distress Markers class will be next.... : )

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2014, 03:26 PM   #10  
Cardstock Collector

Heart Kit & Clowder colouring lessons

I would highly recommend these classes.... Alyce is a brilliant teacher... I have even surprised myself what I have been able to do.... Never would without her classes
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2014, 03:30 PM   #11  
Glitter Queen

Default Definitely take them

I have done many Copic classes even the copic certification classes, but Alyce's colouring is far superior. I've also nearly thrown away 260 of them until I started doing Alyce's classes. I'm a slow learner, but definitely improving. And at my own pace...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2014, 03:48 PM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

I've been certified in the regular Copic and intermediate Copic classes, as well as take a few other online classes, and have to say Alyce Keegan's classes through Kit and Clowder are amazing ... Well worth every penny you spend. She has skin/hair, clothing, a fabulous new animal class, as well as other project classes. They're all amazing. Alyce explains everything she does, and why she does it ... All her classes are geared towards the alcohol based markers (Copic, Spectrum Noir, etc.), and there's a distress ink class ... Soon to be a colored pencil class. Go to kitandclowder.ning.com for more information.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2014, 09:11 AM   #13  
Matboard Maniac

I'm taking the skin and hair and the clothes classes. I love it. She's also on facebook. She is great. I have read a few lessons and applied it to my coloring and it is getting better.

I really need to sit down and go for it!
Reply With Quote Likes