Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-31-2021, 09:58 PM   #801  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 2,109 Likes on 595 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohmypaper!View Post
So sorry, I started a conversation about crafting, and then I couldn't come back here. The newest saga at our house is that our rescue kitty is fighting for his life and we don't know why. My heart is breaking. December has dealt harshly with us, I hope January plans to treat us nicely!
hugs
I'm so sorry, Angie! Sending you big hugs.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2022, 08:51 PM   #802  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

Received 339 Likes on 269 Posts

CAS671-- New Year
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2022, 01:05 AM   #803  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 291 Likes on 224 Posts

I am hosting my first ever Sketch challenge today. I hope you come check out the challenge and play along.

Sketch Challenge 887 - (1/5/22) - Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2022, 06:16 AM   #804  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 195 Likes on 140 Posts

Hello! It looks like great challenges this week so far! I want to browse the CAS gallery and see what new things everyone used, don't you?

THe Sketch will create fascinating cards, I can't wait to see them.

Today's Watercolor Wednesday Challenge is a brush technique. Very interesting. The team have come up with beautiful ways to use these practice sheets! WCW084 - Watercolor Brush Technique - Jan. 5, 2022 by kiagc at Splitcoaststampers

The TLC : TLC880 ~ Simple Swing Reveal ~ {01/03/2022} by Cook22 at Splitcoaststampers

THe Color Challenge is super cheerful: CC877 - Granny's Eating Mangos and Melons (1-4-22) by inkpad at Splitcoaststampers

The Teapot Challenge: MMTPT702-All that Glitters (1-4-2022) by peeps321 at Splitcoaststampers

So...did you get any new art supplies for Christmas?
Have you played in any challenges this week, if so, what drew you to the challenge? Do you like how your card turned out? Feel free to link it.

Well, I don't know if I received any new art supplies for Christmas. Haha. We still haven't opened our gifts. Keeping fingers crossed we will do so this Sunday.

I have played in the WCW Challenge. Of course what drew me to the challenge is that I am on the team but I would have been drawn to it anyway because it's circles. In the last few years, I have really been drawn to circles. Anyway, the artist creates gorgeous art just with a practice sheet. I didn't find my first attempts appealing at all and then I decided to stamp the word LOVE first and paint my in a line. It's interesting! This was one challenge that I really wanted to see what the team came up with!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2022, 05:49 PM   #805  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

We hope you come join the Ways to Use It challenge this week. We are creating Sympathy cards.

WT878 ~ With Sympathy ~ January 6, 2022 - Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
ohmypaper! (01-06-2022)
Old 01-06-2022, 10:06 AM   #806  

Lisa, I made some tulip cards last night and I wish that one of them would have had a sympathy sentiment. I am always in need of sympathy cards and I don't like making them when I need them. I just don't feel like stamping when I am sad.

Is anyone creating today?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2022, 12:56 PM   #807  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 267 Likes on 168 Posts

So...did you get any new art supplies for Christmas?
Have you played in any challenges this week, if so, what drew you to the challenge? Do you like how your card turned out? Feel free to link it. ![/QUOTE]

I did get new supplies but they were from me and not from Santa...LOL. I played with some of them this past week and posted a couple cards with the new stencil and one for the Featured Stamper with a new bg die. I played in the Color Challenge this week and was quite happy with my card. I really liked how the Mango and Melon looked on my butterflies. I will probably use that combo again. But now, I need to do some chores before I get to "play" again.
Reply With Quote Likes
ohmypaper! (01-11-2022)
Old 01-06-2022, 02:21 PM   #808  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 390 Likes on 242 Posts

I did I asked for eBay gift cards... and the hunt to relive my childhood continues... lol
or rather the hunt to pick up stamps I could not afford when I first starting stamping that is I mean.

Some of them have arrived and so far they are just out where ever I could find a place to perch them in my space so I could admire them. I am so esp. drawn to the ones that have you know water colored art index stickers on them at the moment. When I first started collecting stamps I stuck to line drawing index's because, I could not color for beans so it frustrated me to see them so pretty on the labels.

I have not played this week since last weekend. I am like oooh its almost the weekend again, how did that happen?

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by JBgreendawn:
DebbieinOC (01-07-2022), ohmypaper! (01-11-2022)
Old 01-07-2022, 06:01 PM   #809  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,521 Likes on 613 Posts

I couldn’t find a link for this year but wanted to share the new MMJ challenges. They apply to any challenge or project. Check it out here.
Monthly: MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by Ozpom:
DebbieinOC (01-07-2022), ohmypaper! (01-11-2022)
Old 01-07-2022, 06:59 PM   #810  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

A long time ago they would make us start new threads when the old ones hit 5K posts... and since we are just chatting and such and not even close to that I was thinking we could just keep chatting in this thread. ( maybe someone with mod powers could edit the title to just be a challenge chatting thread that has no year on it?)

The inspiration this week is taking a look at really pretty tea cups.
IC840 - Jan 8, 2022 - Afternoon Tea China by kiagc at Splitcoaststampers

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by JBgreendawn:
ohmypaper! (01-11-2022), Ozpom (01-08-2022)
Old 01-09-2022, 05:07 PM   #811  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

We hope you come join the Clean and Simple challenge this week.

CAS672 ~ Drink Up ~ January 10, 2022 - Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2022, 10:59 AM   #812  

I am liking today's Color Challenge! CC878 A Delightful Pacific Razzleberry (01-11-22) by MaryR917 at Splitcoaststampers

Today's Teapot Challenge is the Power of Hugs! MMTPT703 - January 11, 2022 - The Power of a Hug by jacqueline at Splitcoaststampers

Yes, what Stacy said! We would like anyone to feel free to post a challenge. I will post the day's challenge as I can but my life is different from when I started the Challenge Chat. We decided that this is a great place for us to link the challenges when we are able but also encourage chat about our creative pursuits.

We love interacting with you and seeing how the challenges inspire you! We enjoy taking a look at what you created when you link a card so ....let's keep chatting!

We finally had Christmas on Sunday! It was good to see our daughter! I have been a busy bee working on cards for a new release for Impression Obsession. Today, I am featuring a very interesting stamped image surrounded by die-cut flowers. I will go post my card then I will edit this with a link if you would like to see it.

Lastly, I have a question. This isn't a resolution question. This is just a New Year's question. I answered this question a few years ago and to my delight, a Challenge was born that provided me with weekly inspiration to help me pursue an art desire. So I am going to ask the question again.

Is there an art practice you would like to get better at this year? Something that you would like to make a little more time for?

I would like to make time for the Gel Press and continue to grow in watercolor.

Let's Chat!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2022, 11:03 AM   #813  

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBgreendawnView Post
A long time ago they would make us start new threads when the old ones hit 5K posts... and since we are just chatting and such and not even close to that I was thinking we could just keep chatting in this thread. ( maybe someone with mod powers could edit the title to just be a challenge chatting thread that has no year on it?)
Looks like I was able to change the chat title. Hopefully no one will be confused.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by ohmypaper!:
Angelnorth (01-11-2022), JBgreendawn (01-11-2022)
Old 01-11-2022, 11:10 AM   #814  

If you are looking for Challenge Chat we are still here! We have changed it up a bit going forward. We would still love for anyone to link to an SCS Challenge. Stacy and I will still link as time allows. However, we will be opening this thread up to even more chat from anyone stopping by! Our focus will be on projects you are posting in your SCS gallery, SCS Challenges, Fun questions about paper projects, Even projects that you have worked on that just are not going to make it into the gallery. We love to interact with you!

Let's chat!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2022, 11:12 AM   #815  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 690 Likes on 501 Posts

I have a Spellbinders Glimmer Machine. I use is a little. I spent October really learning it better, but haven't really touched it since. I would like to use it a lot more and get good photographs of what I create. That is a goal for this year. I see the videos where the foiling is mixed with stamping. I would like that.

Featured Stamper #671
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2022, 01:19 PM   #816  

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovinpaperView Post
I have a Spellbinders Glimmer Machine. I use is a little. I spent October really learning it better, but haven't really touched it since. I would like to use it a lot more and get good photographs of what I create. That is a goal for this year. I see the videos where the foiling is mixed with stamping. I would like that.
That sounds like super fun goals for the next year! You will have to show us what you create with the Glimmer Machine!
Reply With Quote Likes
lovinpaper (01-11-2022)
Old 01-11-2022, 06:24 PM   #817  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

is a glimmer machine a hot foil press one? ( I lose track of that kind of thing) I know I have a foil press but, I have the one that goes through a gemini jr.

The watercoloring challenge is up and its a good one for practicing leaves. (how many times do you make something with leave on it right?)
WCW085-Watercolor brushstrokes 2-Jan-12-2022 by Holstein at Splitcoaststampers

The watercoloring "all the things" is turning out to be my I am just so happy with this the doing of it even when it turns out like crud kwim?

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2022, 04:39 AM   #818  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Stacy, yes the Spellbinders Glimmer Machine is a hot foil press one. It should give the same results as the Gemini Jr one you have. It was gifted to me in 2019 and I never got a really good impression. It was difficult as my foiling always had missed places, so I barely touched it. Then I watched Yana Smakula where she talked about using the right paper. I tried every piece of white cardstock I own and ran it through. I finally found one that worked, Crafter's Companion Spectrum Noir. Then I watched Jennifer McGuire talk Kristina Werner through her first use. Kristina kept using colored cardstock and was having good results, so I gave my colored a try. I found Gina K Designs cardstock works well. I had good results and sent a few Christmas cards with foiling. Back to white cardstock, I tried Hammermill that JM talked about and have wonderful results. I bought it from Amazon Warehouse where it was only $8 for the ream. I figured if it didn't work, I wasn't out too much money. Now, I have wonderful cardstock that I use for most everything it seems. It even runs through my laser printer perfectly.

Featured Stamper #671
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by lovinpaper:
DebbieinOC (01-12-2022), JBgreendawn (01-12-2022)
Old 01-12-2022, 05:50 AM   #819  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

YAY it sounds like it was totally worth all the effort Lisa. I cannot remember which papers I used with mine ( I have played with it once but, to have space and a plug in for it I had to haul everything to my kitchen so I did but, then I knew the temp on the counters could not go over 250 and I was not sure how hot that thing gets so, I was pretty stressed out about it) and I didn't have many foil dies either so, I went on a collect a few more spree and have not hauled everything down there again yet.

I did go through the use the other kinds of foil with your laminator spree first so, when I do go try to do this I will have to hunt down videos and figure out which foil goes with the machine again too.
( I find it much easier to stamp and color) bwahahaha...

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2022, 08:17 AM   #820  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I tried the laminator way a few years back and hated it. I never got a great foiling like I was seeing. So I sold my laminator, the foils, and anything to do with it. If my hobby stresses me out, it has to go. I agree, Stacy, that stamping and coloring is much easier than fighting with new tools.

Featured Stamper #671
Reply With Quote Likes
JBgreendawn (01-12-2022)
Old 01-12-2022, 08:18 AM   #821  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Angie, I would like to spend more time watercoloring and learning how to do it better. I have this mental block that says I need quite a chunk of time to get the watercolors out and get anything done. Then, I have to put the paints up high so my daughter's kitty doesn't step in them while they are drying back up. I have been having fun doing some of the WCW challenges and would like to do them more regularly.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by cdimick:
JBgreendawn (01-12-2022), mcschmidty (01-15-2022), ohmypaper! (01-17-2022)
Old 01-12-2022, 02:00 PM   #822  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

This isn't specifically a stamping goal, but it is related....I would like to develop a super power to manipulate and create more time because it seems I keep running out if. It sounds like a lot of us could use that super power right now. I wonder what's up?
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by DebbieinOC:
JBgreendawn (01-13-2022), lovinpaper (01-12-2022), mcschmidty (01-15-2022), ohmypaper! (01-17-2022)
Old 01-13-2022, 02:47 PM   #823  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

its called running the reports to do the end of year tax forms sucks the life out of your workdays which does not make the other work go away... lol
so if it would probably have a hash tag that looked like this
#taxseasonmakesmecrazy
or maybe
#IfIweren'tsuchacontrolfreakIwouldpaysomeonetodoth isforme

maybe
#Ishouldstopbuyingstampsandretireearly

It's mostly dividing the 1099 MISC from the NEC's that is not going well. I have thrown in the towel today and will hit it again tomorrow.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (01-15-2022)
Old 01-13-2022, 02:53 PM   #824  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBgreendawnView Post
its called running the reports to do the end of year tax forms sucks the life out of your workdays which does not make the other work go away... lol
so if it would probably have a hash tag that looked like this
#taxseasonmakesmecrazy
or maybe
#IfIweren'tsuchacontrolfreakIwouldpaysomeonetodoth isforme

maybe
#Ishouldstopbuyingstampsandretireearly

It's mostly dividing the 1099 MISC from the NEC's that is not going well. I have thrown in the towel today and will hit it again tomorrow.

Trust me Stacy, if you retire early you will spend all your time and money on stamping. LOL. You certainly made me laugh today. Thanks for that!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by DebbieinOC:
JBgreendawn (01-13-2022), mcschmidty (01-15-2022)
Old 01-13-2022, 10:25 PM   #825  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

[QUOTE=

It's mostly dividing the 1099 MISC from the NEC's that is not going well. I have thrown in the towel today and will hit it again tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, thankful I only need to deal with 1099 MISC!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by cdimick:
JBgreendawn (01-14-2022), mcschmidty (01-15-2022)
Old 01-14-2022, 03:19 PM   #826  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

stupid NEC's started last year... and I still cannot get them to print.

but, I got all my W2's uploaded to Or.
( every.single.year. I have to manually type all the w2 info for each and every one of them for the state of Oregon because, it rejects the file QB makes for them... the fed is so much easier/smoother to deal with than this state)

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (01-15-2022)
Old 01-16-2022, 09:45 PM   #827  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

Received 339 Likes on 269 Posts

This week’s CAS challenge — Healthy New Year
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2022, 11:19 AM   #828  

Catherine, that is a great goal. Our son is asking for watercolor items for his birthday. I am about to buy him a selection. He has been an acrylic painter but I think he likes that it doesn't take up quite as much space to be a watercolorist.

I can speak for the entire WCW team, we love seeing what you create!

Debbie, I am with you. I can't keep up.

Lisa, I think you are right. If you are stressed by a part of a hobby, let it go. We want the benefits that hobbies bring we don't need any stress!
Reply With Quote Likes
lovinpaper (01-17-2022)
Old 01-17-2022, 12:11 PM   #829  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I love the Whitewash Technique featured today: TLC882 ~ Whitewashing ~ 01/17/2022 by Rebeccaof at Splitcoaststampers

I had never done this before. I made a card and enjoyed it.

Featured Stamper #671
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by lovinpaper:
JBgreendawn (01-17-2022), ohmypaper! (01-20-2022)
Old 01-17-2022, 05:37 PM   #830  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

We would love to see you join in the Teapot Tuesday challenge.

MMTPT704 - January 18, 2022 - Purple Dog - Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
ohmypaper! (01-20-2022)
Old 01-18-2022, 05:56 AM   #831  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
luvstochatchatCHAT

Received 830 Likes on 399 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoe GirlView Post
We would love to see you join in the Teapot Tuesday challenge.

MMTPT704 - January 18, 2022 - Purple Dog - Splitcoaststampers
My doggie loving self is loving this challenge and the pops of purple are beautiful!
CHECK OUT OUR FAN CLUB & PARTIPATE IN THIS MONTH'S THEME CHALLENGES Blog: https://istampscrapcraft.wordpress.com/ Design Team Member: Jan’s Digital Stamps & Polka Dot Orchard Falliday, VSN & DTGD Hostess,F4All Friday Challenge Hostess,
~Rebekah
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by luvtostampstampstamp:
DebbieinOC (01-18-2022), JBgreendawn (01-21-2022)
Old 01-20-2022, 06:59 PM   #832  

This week's Watercolor Challenge is a sunset waterscape. WCW086 - Sunset on the Water - 01/19/22 by ohmypaper! at Splitcoaststampers

The Free 4 All is for the Guys F4A622 - 1/21/22 - It's a Guy Thing by ohmypaper! at Splitcoaststampers

The Ways To Use it - Sound of Music WT880 - The Sound of Music - 01/20/22 by ravengirl at Splitcoaststampers

The Sketch Sketch Challenge 889 (1-19-22) by pvilbaum at Splitcoaststampers

The MIX - Go Fish MIX469: Go Fish (1-21-2022) by peeps321 at Splitcoaststampers

Have you played in any challenges this week? Tell us what you liked most about the challenge. If you haven't played in any challenges this week which one would you really like to participate in and why!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2022, 07:28 PM   #833  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Lisa's (aka Shoe Girl) fabulous card this week for the Tea Party Challenge inspired me to make a similar card for the Color Challenge. I thought the design would be great for teen boys and the dessert option for the CC was Valentines. So, yeah, you probably guessed I made Valentines for teen boys. LOL. Here's a link to Lisa's great card. She included a link to the how-to video she used to make it MMTPT704 Just Saying Hello by Shoe Girl at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
JBgreendawn (01-21-2022)
Old 01-20-2022, 08:09 PM   #834  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Angie, I'm hoping to play with the watercolor challenge...maybe this weekend.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2022, 05:44 AM   #835  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

I finally caved and asked my gal in the CPA's office who is their QuickBooks go-to person.
(after I wrangled all the 1099's) I could not find the 1096 form for the life of me, no, its not in vendors its in the file drop down menu.

who ever thought that was a good idea was really? ( scratches head and mutters )

(and I have caught someone's cold which is kinda funny in a way since I have you know cleaned my hands to the point of peeling fingernails these last two years)

I would much rather be playing so, I popped in here to see what you guys are up to.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2022, 06:34 AM   #836  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 217 Likes on 93 Posts

I played a challenge for the first time in forever! Today's masculine F4A fit a couple of other things for me and I got to play with a new stamp set, too.

I’d like to do some of the watercolour challenges this year - let’s see if I manage it!

My blog
Reply With Quote Likes
JBgreendawn (01-21-2022)
Old 01-21-2022, 07:27 AM   #837  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Stacy, I know what you mean about getting a cold when you’re being so careful. Doesn’t seem right, does it. So I’ll just send you a bunch of God Bless You”s here. Taxes are the worst for sure. Every program has its frustrating issues. Good luck with yours.

Joanne, Your F4A card is great. I fav’d it for future teen boy card inspiration. Thanks.

Last edited by DebbieinOC; 01-22-2022 at 02:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2022, 07:35 AM   #838  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

It’s a really good-sized shirt Debbie. The set has a choice of images and words that of course are sized to fit but I’m optimistic that I’ll find lots of other things that will fit on it too!

My blog
Reply With Quote Likes
DebbieinOC (01-21-2022)
Old 01-21-2022, 11:03 AM   #839  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Omigosh Joanne, I went to buy that stamp and seven other Visible Image stamps mysteriously jumped into my cart and two other are being saved for later. This site is so dangerous to one's pocketbook. LOL. Luckily, I can say they were all on sale and Honey found a $10 coupon that covered my shipping!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2022, 11:07 AM   #840  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Happy to enable! Did you buy direct from VI? I think Simon Says carry a selection if you ever want a source for just a set or two your side of the Pond. I have quite a few, some yet to see ink and their Fibres stencil is probably my most-used stencil ever (although Memory Box Cressida gives it a run for its money on that score). What else did you get Debbie?

My blog
Reply With Quote Likes