Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-15-2020, 10:00 AM   #881  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 299 Likes on 213 Posts

Color Challenge is Basic Apple Madness!  I have paper that would be perfect for this challenge!

The Teapot Challenge is inspired by RI and the destination for Judy who has breast cancer and the cancer has spread to her lungs.  So sad.  

Challenge Chat: When was the last time you participated in the above challenges?  

I played along with the Color Challenge just a couple of weeks ago with my Together like Winter & Sweaters card.  

I participated in the Teapot Challenge in late October when we sent our cards to one another.  In My Prayers.

Now let's here from you!  

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2020, 10:13 AM   #882  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,715 Likes on 1,840 Posts

I did participate in the Teapot when Rosy was the  recipient and another week with a young boy.  I seem to go in spurts where something captures my interest and I have the time, then I will look and think about the challenges.
Featured Stamper #671
Love sending BRAK cards.
Dirty Dozen Alumni.CC927 Favorite
Virtual Stamp Night April 19 - 20 Come Join in the Fun Here

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2020, 10:35 AM   #883  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,051 Likes on 811 Posts

The color combination challenge freezes me in my tracks, even more than sketch challenges. At least sketch challenges are a great way of using DP! So I couldn't tell you the last time I played in it - years? I never know if you're allowed use green for leaves if it's not listed but you have flowers - and I can't wrap my head around the newer list of neutrals, so I don't try.
Teapot Tuesdays, pretty much every week.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2020, 10:45 AM   #884  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

Received 568 Likes on 455 Posts

Tuesday’s are a busy day for me, so while I have the greatest intention to participate in the Teapot Challenge, it  doesn’t happen often.  And I’m with Sabrina on the color challenges.  I don’t even look in except on the rare occasion. :oops:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2020, 04:40 PM   #885  

Hi!  I am so happy to be able to post again!  I tried last night and this morning to let you know that the challenges were still happening even though we didn't have threads but this side wasn't working either.  

So here is the link to the Sketch Challenge

I am hosting the Watercolor Wednesday Challenge and even though the thread just went live I hope you will play along with us.  We will be watching the gallery all week for entries.  I gave us an easy challenge since it's December and so hectic!  I hope you will join us!  

Since it's been so crazy for Lydia this week, I was thinking it might be fun if we head over to her gallery and leave some kind comments on her beautiful art work.  I am thinking that might be preferable to leaving PMs since I am sure she has a lot of emails etc. to get through.  Besides, it's always fun to see what Lydia has created.  Here is the link to Understandblue

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2020, 10:17 PM   #886  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,051 Likes on 811 Posts

You certainly chose the wrong week to try to keep the daily challenges posted . I couldn't even access this page through my bookmark this morning, getting the dread error message, but managed to find it by stepping down through the forums. Just off to check the MIX, though I won't have time to create today, as I'm meeting my sister for the first time since early July.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2020, 08:02 PM   #887  

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cook22View Post
You certainly chose the wrong week to try to keep the daily challenges posted . I couldn't even access this page through my bookmark this morning, getting the dread error message, but managed to find it by stepping down through the forums. Just off to check the MIX, though I won't have time to create today, as I'm meeting my sister for the first time since early July.

I know!  I laughed at myself.  I just gave up!  Every time I tried to get on the page wouldn't open.  Shaking my head. 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2020, 08:26 PM   #888  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 654 Likes on 412 Posts

this is a test, all the comments  I have left over the last few days are not here when I look back later.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2020, 08:27 PM   #889  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

So if this is actually here and its not an imaginary post... the IC is up, ( I do not see any like buttons on the threads anymore here or there) but, if you can see it, it should be here.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2020, 06:27 PM   #890  

Stacy, I see your post!  Thanks so much for posting the IC!  I am pretty sure I saw that Misti posted the CAS challenge this week.  I am not sure what is happening to the posts.

I am missing the LIKE buttons too.  I am sure they will be back eventually.

I would love to say that I am just calm, composed and sitting on a beach somewhere but the truth is I am jumping from one task to another like a wild woman!  I am also taking some moments here and there just to enjoy Christmas and then I go right back to wild woman!    

Here is a list of the challenges so far this week.  If you have a favorite that you joined this week, let us know!  We would love to see what you created and learn what made it special to you!

I am going to post this and see if it sticks before I spend the time posting challenge links
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2020, 06:40 PM   #891  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Fingers crossed, Angie! :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2020, 06:45 PM   #892  

Featured Stamper is France Martin!  Congratulations!  I browsed through your gallery!  

The TLC is a Side Fold card.  I would really like to try this.  Adds a fun look to a card without too much fuss!

The CAS Challenge is Trees.  I love trees any time of year but especially in December!

The Color Challenge is Soft but Pizzazzy Peacock! The gallery is pretty as a peacock!

Watercolor Wednesday is Easy Christmas Cards.  We have some pretty pots already in the gallery.    **** The Watercolor Wednesday Challenge is up unfortunately we have to go in through the Forums Page and not the home page.  But we hope you will find us and play along!  Challenge linked above!  

The sketch challenge always posts after I am gone or in the morning so I will try to come back in the morning!  We are planning on baking tomorrow!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2020, 06:09 AM   #893  

I am not seeing the exact Sketch for this week but the challenge is up and there are cards in the gallery!  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2020, 08:45 AM   #894  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 292 Likes on 191 Posts

Hi friends!!

I caught up on recent posts, and thought I would jump in.

I, too, miss the LIKE button!  Hope it returns. :mrgreen:

Unlike some of you, I am drawn to the color challenge a lot!  Even if I can't get to it, I always take a peek.  The CC has helped me stretch my comfort zone on what "goes together."  I used some SU dsp a couple of weeks ago for a quick color challenge card, but I definitely prefer when I can create something on my own.

I have never done the Teapot challenge.  Maybe in the coming year. 

I am STILL making Christmas cards!  I have multiple designs which I should have duplicated by now, but I have been super slow.  But I always celebrate Christmas through January 6th or thereabouts.  That's the traditional day for the Feast of the Epiphany.  So, I am not late...yet!  LOL

I didn't stamp nearly as much as usual this year, which is weird since I am home all day.  Covid kicked my mojo pretty good.  I had a really good talk with a friend the other day regarding motivation/energy, etc.  I am not waiting until January 1st to get it in gear.

So, I offer this question:  What are your stamping goals for 2021?
Kim in Illinois, Dirty Dozen Alum, QFTD#207, FS798, VSN Moderator
"Famous Last Words" Spring Virtual Stamp Night, April 19 & 20
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2020, 06:58 AM   #895  

Kim, I hope you will try out the Teapot Challenge in 2021!  I like that there is a destination for the cards but you don't have to mail them out if you don't want, you can just create along with the challenge.  

I was shaken in March but my mojo returned.  The difficulty I have had this year was that my husband is home so much more.  I don't create very well with him home.  We like to do FUN things together.  Or he wanders around the house looking for things and being restless which is the TOTAL OPPOSITE of what I need in order to create.  AND then he was moved to a different shift.  In some ways it seems like I would have more time on this shift but actually I don't.  So I have really been thrown for a loop and haven't found my feet yet!

I like your Question!!!

I have two goals.  1) GET AHEAD on deadlines.  2) SEND out cards every month.  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2020, 07:00 AM   #896  

The Ways to Use It Challenge is to use your napkin.    Sabrina has listed several techniques.  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2020, 07:09 AM   #897  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,715 Likes on 1,840 Posts

My stamping goals:  1:  Send cards from my stash and I have a large stash.  2:  Use what I have and not shop as much.   3:  If and when I shop, make sure it is something that will be used for more than one item.

I generally love the teapot challenge as it goes to a specific person who would love some encouragement, and I can usually find something suitable in may large stash.  Another favorite challenge is the Featured Stamper, as that is always a boost and since it is CASE, I can look at the image and see what I have that is close or make something with the design or change a few elements.  It is like a puzzle, which my brain really likes.

Featured Stamper #671
Love sending BRAK cards.
Dirty Dozen Alumni.CC927 Favorite
Virtual Stamp Night April 19 - 20 Come Join in the Fun Here

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2020, 08:00 AM   #898  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,963 Likes on 1,153 Posts

Lisa, I agree with you and love the Teapot challenge. It gives me a goal to make the card and send it out. Otherwise, I read the challenges and think that I'll do it...but with no particular person to send it out to, I put off doing it and before I know it another challenge is up!

My goal this year: Spend less and shop in my own "stash" when I feel the urge to buy! There's always something "new" that catches my eye, so this will be quite the challenge. I hope I'm not setting myself up for failure...oh brother!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2020, 10:21 AM   #899  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Merry Christmas Eve!

Shhh... the fiber line is being installed at my house even as I type this... which means, all those challenges that come with photo instructions or videos I will get to see them, then not days later when I remember to look at work. :mrgreen:

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2020, 10:32 AM   #900  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBgreendawnView Post
Merry Christmas Eve!

Shhh... the fiber line is being installed at my house even as I type this... which means, all those challenges that come with photo instructions or videos I will get to see them, then not days later when I remember to look at work. :mrgreen:

Fingers crossed!!! 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2020, 10:34 AM   #901  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

I have a lot of stamping goals for 2021, so many that I need to narrow them down to just a few to focus on. I know I’ll be continuing my dp buying freeze... my boys will not want my dp paper stash willed to them.  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2020, 12:39 PM   #902  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 656 Likes on 440 Posts

I just wanted to pop in and wish everyone a Merry Christmas.  Last year when I posted my goals, it was to participate in challenges and learn more about the SCS site.  I'm please to say that I achieved both those goals, although there is still much to explore and learn about SCS. Since I don't want to break my win streak, as of now, I have no goals for 2021 -- well no card making goals -- I really need to start exercising again and I really need to be more attentive to "business".  But, hey, there's really no hurry for that -- there's always 2022 isn't there...LOL.  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2020, 01:12 PM   #903  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Progress, all the lines are in, now we wait for the splicer crew to bring the router/ wifi boxes soon soon.... ( don't have a date yet, but who knows maybe it will happen before the end of the year?)

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2020, 08:56 PM   #904  

That is so exciting Stacy!  I look forward to the new wifi for you!  

Lisa, I like you goals and it's fun to read about the challenges that give you extra inspiration!

Gracie, you made me smile!  I did very well last year with really just buying, adhesive and cardstock.  Not sure if I can keep it up during 2021!  I wish you well with your goal!

Misti, I had a smile on my face thinking of your boys finding homes for your paper.  You have a while before that happens!  

Debbie, I am so thrilled that you successfully worked through your goal and are now more familiar with SCS!  How fun!  I need to exercise more in 2021 too.  Early in the pandemic, I was going great but then my husband's schedule changed and I have neglected my exercise. :(  

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2020, 08:59 PM   #905  

I am hosting the F4A666 this week!  We are adding speech bubbles!  

MIX413: Add Texture - It's going to be a fabulous gallery!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2020, 10:21 AM   #906  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Merry Christmas

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2020, 10:42 AM   #907  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,265 Likes on 1,356 Posts

Merry Christmas!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2020, 10:50 AM   #908  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 656 Likes on 440 Posts

Merry Christmas Everyone,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2020, 08:36 PM   #909  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

The final Inspiration destination for this year is up, and Amy is sharing with us a gorgeous collections of Doors

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2020, 08:43 PM   #910  

Merry Christmas everyone!  Since I can't hit the like buttons just want you to know that I see you and hope you had a great day Stacy, Catherine, Debbie and Challenge Chatters!  

Beautiful doors are our inspiration for the IC this week and Stacy linked it.

If you could paint your door any color what would it be?

I am torn between pink or blue!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2020, 05:52 AM   #911  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

I have always wanted a red front door but, our house was a project ( we bought it for the land) and we spend the beginning years playing in the dirt, so we still have one and part of another side of the siding and windows to change out on the backside of the garage so we can get the whole thing painted. ( I no longer want to climb a ladder for days on end when the inks and papers are calling my name) So, the door has a wood finish that does not look bad so, I may just leave it wood colored.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2020, 05:53 AM   #912  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

I miss like buttons, consider your selves read and head nodded here with coffee mug raised

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2020, 08:11 AM   #913  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 219 Likes on 134 Posts

Kim, I can really relate to your comment that Covid kicked your mojo away : (  Between our move to a different home and then Covid, I have been missing my desire to stamp and create for nearly a year - this has never happened to me before, in nearly 20 years of stamping.  I am also struggling with arthritis in my hands and particularly my right thumb, which is SO NOT conducive to crafting.  But I think I can feel a bit of interest creeping back in, so my goal for 2021 is to get back into my craft room on a regular basis and do as many challenges as I used to do!  Happy New Year to everyone here; it feels good to be back on Splitcoast and see your familiar faces after a long time away!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2020, 08:22 AM   #914  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,744 Likes on 1,583 Posts

I have to say that I have been very motivated to create, pretty much as usual. If I didn't have that, I'd be a mess.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2020, 07:18 PM   #915  

(((((Claudia!!!! )))))  We have missed you!  I hope the arthritis won't get in your way too much.  I can say for all of us we look forward to your designs in 2021 and we missed you!

I agree Stacy.  I am just going to say that randomly through the week, that everyone's posts have been LIKED. 
As for the door and ladders.  yeah...I am afraid that my husband and I have lost our zeal for remodels. Getting the Christmas stuff out of the attic and back in it are about as much as I want to do every year.  LOL  If anyone young is reading this, DO IT NOW!  My husband's hands are blown to twice their size from arthritis.  I won't let him on a ladder.  

Jean, I am SO glad that you have kept stamping all year.  I agree with you. Stamping has definitely kept me grounded this year.  

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2020, 07:21 PM   #916  

Let's congratulate Ina as this week's Featured Stamper!  

What is your favorite way to congratulate our Featured Stampers?  

I prefer to CASE a card for them but occasionally it's just so hectic so I like to leave a congratulations on the challenge and also some comments on cards in their own gallery.  

How about you?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2020, 07:56 AM   #917  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,963 Likes on 1,153 Posts

Angie, I love to comment and I try to CASE a card, but time always seems to get away from me. It's fun looking at the beautiful galleries of the Featured Stamper!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2020, 06:11 AM   #918  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

The CAS Challenge is SNOW. 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2020, 07:41 AM   #919  

The TLC is one of my new favorites!  I use it almost every time I die cut a word.  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2020, 07:31 PM   #920  

The Teapot Challenge is Pandora's Box and the destination is each other.

We are Watercolor Mottling for the Watercolor Wednesday Challenge.

I will have to come back to link the Sketch Challenge.  

I hope everyone is having a good week!

Reply With Quote Likes