Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-09-2019, 02:11 PM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Can Clear Stamps be Reconditioned?

I found a set of My Sentiments Exactly (MSE!) Birthday Sentiments that had been put into an old notebook and forgotten. I am not sure how old they are. Labeling read “My Sentiments Exactly TT208 Birthday Sentiments”. There were in their original packaging. I was going to transfer them to an E-Z mount sheet, but find they are not in very good condition. Stamps are very soft and tear easily. I located an old thread on SCS that suggested wiping them off with alcohol to remove the stickiness. I did this, which helped a little, but they are still pretty gummy. Is there any other way to recondition these stamps?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2019, 03:31 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

Usually when they are soft and tear easily they are "goners", but I had a weird thing happen once upon a time that I will tell about here in case you're desperate and want to try it out...

Once upon a time I thought that it would be a good idea to wash ALL of my Close to My Heart stamps (clear) in some soapy dishwater and drain them in a colander and start anew. Not until after I had done this did I realize that the dish soap had BLEACH in it! It didn't appear to do any harm to any of the stamps, but I did notice that they seemed firmer somehow. Maybe try adding a drop or two of bleach into some soapy water and wash a couple of your stamps and see what happens...?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2019, 03:44 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

I had an old Close to my heart stamps set that I found real gummy and did not stick to acrylic blocks. I soaked them overnight in dawn dish soap. Still real gummy. I tossed them.

I also have old Flourishes stamp sets that are getting gummy/sticky. So far they are working ok but I know there will be a day that I will have to toss them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2019, 12:49 AM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm wondering if these were on acetate, as I know from past threads that at one time a lot of companies put their clear stamps on that, before people realised that acetate and clear stamps do not play nicely together. I'm not sure there will be a fix to be honest, as if that is the case, then there's been a chemical reaction between them, and that's breaking down the stamps. So, anything you try can't really make it worse. so Sues suggestion is worth a try.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2019, 01:42 AM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 389 Likes on 262 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by bumblebee582View Post
I found a set of My Sentiments Exactly (MSE!) Birthday Sentiments that had been put into an old notebook and forgotten. I am not sure how old they are. Labeling read “My Sentiments Exactly TT208 Birthday Sentiments”. There were in their original packaging. I was going to transfer them to an E-Z mount sheet, but find they are not in very good condition. Stamps are very soft and tear easily. I located an old thread on SCS that suggested wiping them off with alcohol to remove the stickiness. I did this, which helped a little, but they are still pretty gummy. Is there any other way to recondition these stamps?

I have had a similar problem with MSE stamps, so I think it was probably the way they are made. Some of the older clear stamps tended to yellow (even if they weren't in sunlight) and get soft. I have an old set of Wordsworth stamps that got so soft and gummy that I thought it wouldn't even stamp clearly anymore. The MSE stamps, while soft and yellowed, still stamped however. I just cleaned them with mild dishsoap and water, which removed the stickiness for the most part. Hope you can figure out something to help.

Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2019, 02:11 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Okay, so I got all curious to see if my information was even remotely accurate, pulled out an old (circa 2003/2004) stamp that was gummy and fragile and let it sit for a bit (10-15 minutes, maybe?) in a paper cup of water that had a drop or two of dish soap and a few drops of bleach, then rinsed it and let it air dry. It is, in fact, significantly less gummy and it doesn't seem likely to tear, so I'm considering this experiment a success! I have a few more soaking now, lol...

I can't, of course, guarantee that you will have stellar results, but if you'd have to toss your stamps anyway it's worth a try, right? If you give it a go, I'd be interested to know what your results were (and I'm sure others would be interested, as well).

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2019, 02:23 AM   #7  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

They may be made from acrylic and not photopolymer, or even if photopolymer, it could be a lower quality than is available now. (Some inexpensive stamps even now are low quality photopolymer.) Or what Shaz said. Sadly, they’re probably toast.

Googling the set, there’s a review on Amazon -
My Sentiments Exactly - Birthday Sentiments - TT208: Amazon.ca: Home & Kitchen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2019, 08:02 AM   #8  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlView Post
Okay, so I got all curious to see if my information was even remotely accurate, pulled out an old (circa 2003/2004) stamp that was gummy and fragile and let it sit for a bit (10-15 minutes, maybe?) in a paper cup of water that had a drop or two of dish soap and a few drops of bleach, then rinsed it and let it air dry. It is, in fact, significantly less gummy and it doesn't seem likely to tear, so I'm considering this experiment a success! I have a few more soaking now, lol...

I can't, of course, guarantee that you will have stellar results, but if you'd have to toss your stamps anyway it's worth a try, right? If you give it a go, I'd be interested to know what your results were (and I'm sure others would be interested, as well).

Neat. Did you stamp with it? Daydreaming: before and afters though maybe you couldn’t do befores due to the gummy effect.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2019, 08:38 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post
Neat. Did you stamp with it? Daydreaming: before and afters though maybe you couldn’t do befores due to the gummy effect.
I haven't stamped with it yet, but I'm sure it will be fine. I have a few other gummy/fragile stamps that I plan to soak, so I'll do some before-and-after shots with those.

Update on the solution: I eliminated the dish soap and used about 1 1/2 tablespoons of bleach (I didn't measure, just eyeballed) in a cup of water. Seems to work better...

Another option: I had a sentiment that was gummy and tearing but that I could not bear to toss, so I "permanently" mounted it to a piece of plastic (it sticks by itself, but I'm NEVER taking it off, so considering it permanently mounted). When I use it, I just put a bit of poster tape on the back of the plastic and stick it to my MISTI. I have to be careful not to press too hard since it's kind of squishy, but it still works well. If you love your gummy, fragile stamps, that's another option for you...

Last edited by gregzgurl; 09-10-2019 at 08:46 AM.. Reason: Add another suggestion
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2019, 10:23 AM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I haven't stamped with it yet, but I'm sure it will be fine. I have a few other gummy/fragile stamps that I plan to soak, so I'll do some before-and-after shots with those.

Update on the solution: I eliminated the dish soap and used about 1 1/2 tablespoons of bleach (I didn't measure, just eyeballed) in a cup of water. Seems to work better...

Another option: I had a sentiment that was gummy and tearing but that I could not bear to toss, so I "permanently" mounted it to a piece of plastic (it sticks by itself, but I'm NEVER taking it off, so considering it permanently mounted). When I use it, I just put a bit of poster tape on the back of the plastic and stick it to my MISTI. I have to be careful not to press too hard since it's kind of squishy, but it still works well. If you love your gummy, fragile stamps, that's another option for you...

Yay! You are the stamp whisperer it appears!! Never though to add bleach to the water but I need to try it on my one really bad set of Wordsworth Christmas stamps. I'll do a before and after photo too, just for fun.
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2019, 10:24 AM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

They may be made from acrylic and not photopolymer, or even if photopolymer, it could be a lower quality than is available now. (Some inexpensive stamps even now are low quality photopolymer.) Or what Shaz said. Sadly, they’re probably toast.

Googling the set, there’s a review on Amazon -
My Sentiments Exactly - Birthday Sentiments - TT208: Amazon.ca: Home & Kitchen

Yes, many of the older ones were acrylic and I guess no one realized they wouldn't hold up.:(
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2019, 10:49 AM   #12  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by kazekaView Post
Yes, many of the older ones were acrylic and I guess no one realized they wouldn't hold up.:(
Karen

I’m more jaded than you. My mind goes to planned obsolescence and quality not always being important to many manufacturers.

OTOH, high quality photopolymer wasn’t around way back when. Though even these days, we often get what we pay for - some companies still use acrylic or lower quality photopolymer. Very cheap and made in China sometimes is a clue.

I had a set from HSN that came free with some tool - I don’t remember what - and ink wouldn’t stick to a large, solid stamp, even after trying all the tricks. I didn’t even donate it - it wasn’t worth it. At least it wouldn't stain! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2019, 12:01 PM   #13  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I’m more jaded than you. My mind goes to planned obsolescence and quality not always being important to many manufacturers.

OTOH, high quality photopolymer wasn’t around way back when. Though even these days, we often get what we pay for - some companies still use acrylic or lower quality photopolymer. Very cheap and made in China sometimes is a clue.

I had a set from HSN that came free with some tool - I don’t remember what - and ink wouldn’t stick to a large, solid stamp, even after trying all the tricks. I didn’t even donate it - it wasn’t worth it. At least it wouldn't stain! LOL

Oh, I have no doubt that some of those poor quality stamps were made carelessly, just to save $$. Many of the freebies that come with something are thin, flimsy, and are impossible to pull off the backing sheet. My daughter once bought some wood mounted bargain stamps that were made with a plastic, rather than rubber...and they don't stamp AT ALL! Even when I lightly sanded them, they just don't make an acceptable image.

Unfortunately, even some of the ones we pay for are poorly made, even today. BoBunny stamps are some of the worst, in my opinion. My earlier BoBunny stamps were fine but the newer ones (after they were bought by American Crafts, are terrible. They don't stick to the block and the images are poor.

Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2019, 03:51 PM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I fix my really dirty clear stamps with rubbing alcohol. I've used this to clean my stamps for over 5 years and no issues. It will remove a lot of crap.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2019, 03:37 PM   #15  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by shazsilverwolfView Post
I'm wondering if these were on acetate, as I know from past threads that at one time a lot of companies put their clear stamps on that, before people realised that acetate and clear stamps do not play nicely together. I'm not sure there will be a fix to be honest, as if that is the case, then there's been a chemical reaction between them, and that's breaking down the stamps. So, anything you try can't really make it worse. so Sues suggestion is worth a try.

WHO KNEW that acetate & clear stamps don't go together???? That's how they sell them, you'd THINK they'd go together! My head is spinning now! :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2019, 03:55 PM   #16  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLadyView Post
WHO KNEW that acetate & clear stamps don't go together???? That's how they sell them, you'd THINK they'd go together! My head is spinning now! :(

Not all companies use acetate sheets for their photopolymer stamps. Some big ones do (it’s cheaper). SU does.

On a couple old threads there’s a list of companies that use acetate index sheets - but even if found it may be out of date.

Some companies insist that it does no harm - and maybe with today’s better photopolymer that some companies use, it doesn’t. At first when I learned about it I attached the acetate index sheets to Grafix Dura-Lar so the stamps wouldn’t touch the acetate, but stopped doing that - just got lazy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2019, 11:49 PM   #17  
Die Cut Diva

bjeans, thats the huge problem. There are so many different chemical compositions of photopolymer, and indeed, all clear stamps. Just looked up Wikipedia Acetate, and that seems to be the same sort of thing. Although it is a specific chemical compound, there can be many variations. And it's impossible to tell from looking at it, obviously.
I agree that maybe companies are using safe stuff now, as everyone is better informed- and probably do a lot more research on suitability- than when clear stamps first came into being.
Funny thing is, Barbara Gray, the owner/founder of Clarity Stamps, which were the first ever clear stamps, had her stamps mounted on special acrylic blocks, so I' ve never encountered this issue with my 25+ year old Clarity stamps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2019, 08:14 AM   #18  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

bjeans, thats the huge problem. There are so many different chemical compositions of photopolymer, and indeed, all clear stamps. Just looked up Wikipedia Acetate, and that seems to be the same sort of thing. Although it is a specific chemical compound, there can be many variations. And it's impossible to tell from looking at it, obviously.
I agree that maybe companies are using safe stuff now, as everyone is better informed- and probably do a lot more research on suitability- than when clear stamps first came into being.
Funny thing is, Barbara Gray, the owner/founder of Clarity Stamps, which were the first ever clear stamps, had her stamps mounted on special acrylic blocks, so I' ve never encountered this issue with my 25+ year old Clarity stamps!
You’ve nailed it, Shaz; it’s confusing. Judging quality is beyond [most?] stampers’ expertise. So the only thing I do is a “do not.” I do not buy acrylic stamps, or extremely cheap stamps (acrylic or photopolymer), often made in China. I don’t worry about the index sheet any more, maybe with a few exceptions.

Some companies make it simple. One clearly includes “acrylic” in their descriptions of their stamps, which are sold on well-known stamping websites. They’re cheap and may work beautifully for some, but after fighting with acrylic stamps - and early or cheap photopolymer - no thank you.

Last edited by bjeans; 09-13-2019 at 08:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2019, 10:24 AM   #19  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

THANKS for letting us know this, bjeans! I'll have to do some work now, to store all of my clear stamps differently! UGH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2019, 10:33 AM   #20  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLadyView Post
THANKS for letting us know this, bjeans! I'll have to do some work now, to store all of my clear stamps differently! UGH!
Just to clarify, I don’t store mine differently any more other than I could in unusual circumstances. Posts 16-18 get into it a bit.

Last edited by bjeans; 09-13-2019 at 10:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2019, 11:03 AM   #21  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 43 Likes on 18 Posts

I never knew there were stamps made of acetate, I have some made from silicone and the ink doesn't want to stick to those. Now I only buy stamps made from photopolymer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2019, 05:43 PM   #22  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 122 Likes on 67 Posts

This whole discussion is one reason why I really prefer rubber cling stamps--doesn't get sticky or squishy, stamps last a long time and will still stamp great images, still much less storage space then wood-mounted rubber. How old are your oldest wood-mounted RUBBER stamps? And how well do they still stamp?

I would say I have some rubber stamps that are probably close to 30 years old, and the rubber is still good.

Do you expect your "clear"--acrylic, silicone, or photopolymer--stamps will last anywhere near that same length of time?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2019, 06:16 PM   #23  
Gallery Gazer

I don’t enjoy rubber stamps that much because I like seeing where I’m stamping, and because of my storage system. My photopolymer stamps should last as long as I am able to stamp. I doubt I’ll be here in 30 years, and don’t think of stamps as fine possessions like some jewelry.

Cheap acrylic and some early photopolymer stamps are a horse of a different color, though even some of them are fine. Part of it is what the buyer wants to get out of it? IOW, it could be worth it for some people to pay a very small amount for a stamp, knowing there’s a risk the stamp won’t last as long as a high-end one. That’s legit.

Last edited by bjeans; 09-18-2019 at 11:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2019, 08:24 PM   #24  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts

I have quite a few clear stamp sets that are more than 20 years old. I don't know if they are acrylic or photopolymer but they haven't turned yellow or sticky and I still use them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2019, 08:28 AM   #25  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 122 Likes on 67 Posts

That is good to know. And you must be doin' something right!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2019, 09:01 AM   #26  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paper JunkyView Post
This whole discussion is one reason why I really prefer rubber cling stamps--doesn't get sticky or squishy, stamps last a long time and will still stamp great images, still much less storage space then wood-mounted rubber. How old are your oldest wood-mounted RUBBER stamps? And how well do they still stamp?

I would say I have some rubber stamps that are probably close to 30 years old, and the rubber is still good.

Do you expect your "clear"--acrylic, silicone, or photopolymer--stamps will last anywhere near that same length of time?

I have to say that I do have some clear stamps that are at least 20 years old, and still stamp and look fine.
Equally, when unmounting woodmounts, I found some cheaper brand rubber was as thin as tissue paper! I do expect the vast majority of my clear stamps to last a very long time, as in the main they've come from well known brands,I've tended to go by the feel for quality. The better ones seem firmer,imo.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2019, 11:59 AM   #27  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default acetate/ cling stamps

Quote:

So all my cling stamps that I’ve bought over the years will be ruined because I’ve left them on the acetate sheets they came with?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2019, 01:41 PM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii

Possibly. I had a close to my heart christmas sentiment set that got really gummy and would not stick to a acrylic block had to throw them away. Also all my old Flourishes stamp sets are real gummy. But at least they stick to acrylic blocks and still stamp well. I found this out last year with my Flourishes stamp sets. When I tried to take them of those acetate sheets they were super stuck on. I had to be really careful peeling them off those sheets so I would not rip them, I spent so much money on those sets I was livid. I now store them in plastic dvd cases

I would check all your stamp sets that are still stored on acetate sheets.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2019, 02:50 PM   #29  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMayView Post
So all my cling stamps that I’ve bought over the years will be ruined because I’ve left them on the acetate sheets they came with?

Not all index sheets are acetate; you can check with the companies. I called SU to ask; their stamps are on acetate and I haven’t noticed an outcry about problems.

There used to be a thread that listed who used what, but companies may have changed what they use since that thread - I wouldn’t rely on it.

It may depend on other conditions, like if stamps are subject to lots of sunlight, or the quality of the stamps themselves, not just if they were on acetate. There are low quality stamps out there.

You can also check your older stamps by manufacturer occasionally to see how they’re doing. I started adding Dura-Lar on top of acetate sheets but no longer do that - it’s not worth the hassle, and stamps that are very old are fine. i haven’t seen any videos from well known bloggers suggested to do that either. But some do mention sticking with high quality stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2019, 03:07 AM   #30  
Die Cut Diva

KMay, the fact that there are so many recipes of 'acetate', and the same for clear stamps,is why some stamps seem fine, others are degrading. Some combinations will play happily together, others not so much. As long as they seem fine where they are, then the combo must be okay. Might be worth checking them every so often though, just to be on the safe side.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2019, 03:37 AM   #31  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Received 4,932 Likes on 3,826 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesliespringerView Post
Possibly. I had a close to my heart christmas sentiment set that got really gummy and would not stick to a acrylic block had to throw them away. Also all my old Flourishes stamp sets are real gummy. But at least they stick to acrylic blocks and still stamp well. I found this out last year with my Flourishes stamp sets. When I tried to take them of those acetate sheets they were super stuck on. I had to be really careful peeling them off those sheets so I would not rip them, I spent so much money on those sets I was livid. I now store them in plastic dvd cases

I would check all your stamp sets that are still stored on acetate sheets.

That's interesting about the Flourishes stamps - oh how I loved their stamps so yes, I own a few. ;) I have one that is turning quite hard, to the point it doesn't stamp well anymore. I fear I am losing it and will have to trash it soon.
DTs: Blue Knight Rubber Stamps and Technique Junkies
My blog: Cre8tive Play
Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2019, 06:10 AM   #32  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
That's interesting about the Flourishes stamps - oh how I loved their stamps so yes, I own a few. ;) I have one that is turning quite hard, to the point it doesn't stamp well anymore. I fear I am losing it and will have to trash it soon.

That's my fear too, that one day I am going to have to throw them away, I have 10 stamp sets from Flourishes. May be after christmas I will take out these stamps and stamp a bunch of images, on paper for copic coloring and paper for watercoloring. Maybe emboss a few for watercoloring too. Sounds like a lot of work but I really don't think these stamps are going to last. Thank goodness Marcella Hawley has PowerPoppy and sells both stamps and digis and a blog!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2019, 06:25 AM   #33  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Received 4,932 Likes on 3,826 Posts

Leslie, that's a good idea... I should probably do the same.
DTs: Blue Knight Rubber Stamps and Technique Junkies
My blog: Cre8tive Play
Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2019, 07:52 PM   #34  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paper JunkyView Post

I am so with you!!!! This is why it's deeply etched rubber for me almost exclusively. There is something luxurious about good quality red rubber that photopolymer could never match. I am sad to see that so many manufacturers going to clear only or mostly. I've had only one red rubber stamp tear on me in the 18 years I've been stamping (i was trying to unmount it), and only a handful break down (mostly foam mounted All Night Media, but one PSX which was manufactured in Taiwan). I don't like stamps yellowing, staining or discoloring. I clean my red rubber stamps and keep them looking like new. I've got many wood mounted stamps that are well over 30 years old and they look and stamp like they did when I first got them.

And as for longevity, for me it's about the ability to still buy/collect and use old, but timeless designs, rather than having an heirloom to pass on. Also, the environmental impact is a bit lower with natural rubber since it breaks down on its own and lasts longer, meaning fewer things to have to re-manufacture and/or toss/fill a landfill.

As for placement, if I trim close, I never have an issue with where I'm stamping.

My only pet peeve with cling is the longevity of EZ mount-- that's a sore point for me. I've spent hundreds on EZ mount and many of the stamps that I EZ mounted have had the foam shrink or slide off the stamp. Grrr... I just bought some EZ mount on sale at Joann, so I'm biting the bullet again.

For now I'm keeping my collectible stamps on wood-- PSX, Stampa Rosa and a few others and sticking to EZ mount for the rest. If I could find a better way to use and store naked rubber, I'd switch, but I like the feel of the cling foam mounted stamp both in handling and stamping.
Vive le caoutchouc rouge! (long live red rubber!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2019, 03:51 AM   #35  
Gallery Gazer

Yes, that’s the other reason I don’t adore rubber - dealing with EZMount or poster tape or an adhesive - lots of threads about which to use, what does/doesn’t work, dismounting from wood.

Whether we choose rubber or clear, we may have to deal with something - though none of my clear stamps have had problems other than a cheap, free acrylic (?) set that was included with a purchase. So it’s great we have choices since one size does not fit all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2019, 08:42 AM   #36  
Glitter Guru

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

After reading this thread I went and checked my old Flourishes stamps to see how they there faring. I guess if they never see the light of day, don't use ink on them, and don't have to clean them the stamps stay just fine in the paper envelope on the index sheet. LOL

I don't use them much as I mostly scrap.
I no longer buy Bo Bunny and the like because of the quality of the stamp does not meet my standers even for scrapping!!

Dealing with EZmount years ago was a nightmare and $$$.
I have since gotten rid of 90% of my stamps.
I will treasure a few ....just in case, but have no desire to add any!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2019, 04:54 AM   #37  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

Quote:

Sue this was what I was thinking. Just cut them out/leave the plastic on them and use whatever people use for raw rubber to stick to blocks. Unless the gummy affects the stamping?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2019, 05:30 AM   #38  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavejumperView Post
Sue this was what I was thinking. Just cut them out/leave the plastic on them and use whatever people use for raw rubber to stick to blocks. Unless the gummy affects the stamping?
You just have to be a bit careful not to press too hard, as they are a bit "squishier" when they are soft and gummy. I still get good impressions with mine, though, so I'll keep using them until that is no longer true...

Reply With Quote Likes