Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-31-2019, 12:59 PM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default best printer

what's your favorite printer for 80 pound cardstock. I want to print pages to color with my copic markers thanks linda wood aka cjandandy
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2019, 11:05 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 63 Likes on 32 Posts

Oh, Linda, I love the Canon PIXMA printer. It's great for Copic markers. We have the G4210, but all the Canon PIXMA printers have the same ink. The model we have has a straight feed that allows for heavier than 80 pound cardstock, and it has the ink tanks that are more ink efficient. Highly recommend it.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2019, 05:10 AM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

I have a PIXMA as well and often recommend it for crafters. It gets finicky sometimes, but overall worth it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2019, 09:39 PM   #4  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree I love the Canon Pixma!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2019, 04:58 AM   #5  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I have an ancient Canon Pixma, and while the time has most likely come to get a new one, it has been an amazing workhorse. Mine takes 80-lb Nina, though I only print one sheet at a time.

The few times I’ve needed Canon support - for the printer and one other item - Canon reps spent amazing amounts of time with me on the phone. Customer service is located in Virginia, unless that’s changed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2019, 05:02 AM   #6  
Gallery Gazer

Just for kicks since I’ll soon need to replace mine, Consumers Reports has a short piece on the G4210 that Cheryl mentioned:

Canon Pixma G4210 Printer Review - Consumer Reports
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2019, 03:59 AM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 105 Likes on 66 Posts

I prefer using a Laser printer. I've never had a good experience using inkjet printing with Copic markers. I recently purchased a Brother Color Laser printer because I also print a lot of sticker sheets and toner is much more economical to purchase than inkjet ink. I get a lot more color prints with my Laser printer than I ever did with any inkjet and I've own a lot of different ink jet printers of most every brand available.

I did have a Canon Pixma. I bought it because so many people recommended it. I did not like it at all. I only used it for about a year and it's not collecting dust in my basement. It's large and heavy. It took forever to warm up and print. It would randomly start checking ink tanks or cleaning nozzles when I needed to print and that would also delay printing. The ink is very expensive and did not last very long at all.

Just my measly two cents. But wanted to add another perspective opinion to the mix.

My Gallery| My My Blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2019, 04:03 AM   #8  
Gallery Gazer

Melissa, my printer is on when the computer is on - which is basically all the time, so there’s no long warm-up time - even for my oldie but goodie Pixma.

My husband has a laser printer and I agree - best for Copics. But it’s not color, which I need.

You reminded me of something - for anyone buying a printer with cartridges, changing them when a message pops up that ink is low is not necessary. Just keep going until empty.

Last edited by bjeans; 04-10-2019 at 04:06 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2019, 05:47 AM   #9  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know we're talking printers for Copic here, but let me ask this. What type of printer do you used for water coloring… My new Canon TS8220 smears when water touches it. Any suggestions….. Laser maybe or which brand and model would you all suggest.

Thanks

Dotty A

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2019, 10:05 AM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 106 Likes on 63 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by dotty01View Post
I know we're talking printers for Copic here, but let me ask this. What type of printer do you used for water coloring… My new Canon TS8220 smears when water touches it. Any suggestions….. Laser maybe or which brand and model would you all suggest.

Thanks

Dotty A
I use an Epson Workforce 845 for all printing, except when I need to do laser printing for foiling. To my knowledge, all Epson inks are waterproof (or at least incredibly water-resistant). I've never had a problem with watercoloring images I've printed with the Workforce or any other Epson printer I've had. I once printed something, and accidentally left the paper outside where it got rained on. The paper got soaked and was rendered useless, but the printer ink did not run one bit! I haven't tried the newest Epsons with the ink tanks, as they won't print borderless prints. But I imagine, if you don't need that feature, they would work just as well for watercoloring and the ink is cheaper. One thing to note, though, is the ink will smear if I blend with Distress inks or use water-based markers, like Tombow or Zig Clean Color. I assume it's a chemical incompatibility, but if I know I'm going to be doing that, I just use my cheap Brother monochrome laser printer. Anyway, hope this helps!

Proud Dirty Dozen Design Team Alumna!
Featured Stamper #564
Blog: Andrea's Paper Antics
SCS Gallery

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reply With Quote Likes