Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-26-2012, 05:56 AM   #81  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hadn't seen this thread until yesterday, but I placed a couple of orders with them in the past two months or so, and there were no problems of any kind. I'll continue to watch this thread before placing another order. Since the original posts are from 2009, I'm going to hope that most of the problems have been cleared up.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2012, 10:15 AM   #82  
Insane Embellisher

My husband ordered some things for me for Christmas and to our total suprise they came next day. (We are in Ohio). If I had read this thread, first I might have been worried. but the service was great.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2012, 01:36 PM   #83  
Compulsive Stamper

I've placed two orders with them in the past, one from their website and one from their ebay account. I always had really fast shipping and a great overall buying experience from them!

Sorry about your ink pad :( I know how frustrating it is when you order something and really want it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2012, 04:50 PM   #84  
Matboard Maniac

This is one of the online stores that I order from quite regularly. I've never had any issues with them and have received my orders promptly. I'm in Hawaii an I usually get my orders in a week.

erin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2012, 04:30 PM   #85  
Pearl-ExPert

Hi
As promised to let you know when my order arrived . It arrived this morning 6 th feb at 9.45am everything was in the order & in excellent quality . I wii be shopping with them again hopefully in the future . Oreder was dispatched 24 jan . Thanks everyone for all the replies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2012, 03:29 PM   #86  
Cardstock Collector

Hello all! I found this thread when I Googled "Simon Says Stamp Reviews". I just had to register here so I could post about m y experience!

I have ordered from SSS twice in the past, without much fuss.

On Jan 20 I placed a very large (for me) order on their website. I was in touch with the via email about some detail about the order right off the bat. 10 days after my initial order I emailed to see when my order would ship - I was told that day or the following day. 3 days later, the order status still hasn't changed so I call them and I'm told it'll ship that day (we're up to Feb. 2 now, for those keeping score). The order status even updated later that day with a tracking number. Today, the 8th, it still hasn't arrived, so I call yet again, to be told some confusing, convoluted story about how the package had been sent to the post office, but they hold on to the packages for a while, and so on. I'm assured it actually is being sent out this afternoon.

<sigh>

$140 and 19 days later, and still no stamps. I'm getting very concerned. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2012, 11:25 AM   #87  
Matboard Maniac

I wonder if there is something about the 20th, apparently mine shipped on that day and I am still waiting. I have placed many orders over the last year and have been pleased for the most part. Because I am in Australia, my orders generally take 14 days all up sometimes less. Only once before now did it take longer. I am only a little nervous, well not majorly yet. ;). Next week and still no show...and that's a whole other matter. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2012, 12:10 PM   #88  
Die Cut Diva

I was really worried about my order too, after reading some of the postings, but it did arrive after about 4 weeks..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2012, 12:18 PM   #89  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

I placed an order with them in November and it arrived in a week. What a bummer for you all to wait so long!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2012, 04:31 PM   #90  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraftyCardSharkView Post
I wonder if there is something about the 20th, apparently mine shipped on that day and I am still waiting. I have placed many orders over the last year and have been pleased for the most part. Because I am in Australia, my orders generally take 14 days all up sometimes less. Only once before now did it take longer. I am only a little nervous, well not majorly yet. ;). Next week and still no show...and that's a whole other matter. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
hi
have you got your order yet i am keeping fingers crossed for you to
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2012, 11:14 AM   #91  
Cardstock Collector

Default Frustrated!

I have ordered from SSS in the past and they were great but I just ordered at the beginning of Feb and I had assumed they'd shipped it out right away but by Feb 20 I realized I'd never received a shipping confirmation email.

So I contacted them and they apologized and I got confirmation of shipping 2 days later.

It is 3 weeks later now and I STILL haven't received my package which is very unusual for me - parcels from the USA always arrived within 2 weeks for me here in Canada.

Things I've ordered weeks after from other companies have arrived sooner! I'm starting to get worried... And I'd have serious doubts about ordering from them again :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2012, 11:26 AM   #92  
Pearl-ExPert

well...
SS seams to be quite expensive in my opinion.
shipping is always expensive.. i am looking to purchase a couple of MFT dies and SS has the same die $3.00 more than MFT.

I rather order in Europe my things - have more to choose from and even the exchange rate is a bit higher - in the end its worth for me.

There are some really great stores in the UK, who carry things we can not get here in the USA

I have not ordered for quite a long time with Heidi anymore

My SCS Gallery
My blog
: Pretty Pressings
Designer for Magnolia, Sweden, Lili of the Valley and Sir Stampalot
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2012, 12:49 PM   #93  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by EuphrosyneView Post
I have ordered from SSS in the past and they were great but I just ordered at the beginning of Feb and I had assumed they'd shipped it out right away but by Feb 20 I realized I'd never received a shipping confirmation email.

So I contacted them and they apologized and I got confirmation of shipping 2 days later.

It is 3 weeks later now and I STILL haven't received my package which is very unusual for me - parcels from the USA always arrived within 2 weeks for me here in Canada.

Things I've ordered weeks after from other companies have arrived sooner! I'm starting to get worried... And I'd have serious doubts about ordering from them again :(
I ordered from them this year and was worried when it took so long but it did eventually show up... will not be ordering from them again. My fave company right now is 1-2-3 stitch, have had super service from them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2012, 04:56 PM   #94  
Cardstock Collector

Default Finally!

Thanks for the replies ladies - guess what? A few hours after I posted this message my package arrived!!! Finally! (Like the universe heard me complain haha).

So - I'm relieved but I'd still be very reluctant to shop there again. Have to find somewhere else I guess - my LSS is very expensive compared to online so I tend to browse there a bit and do my orders online.

I'll have to check out 1-2-3 stitch
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2012, 05:00 PM   #95  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonniestamperView Post
My fave company right now is 1-2-3 stitch, have had super service from them!
Just checked out their website - great prices and a surprising amount of selection for stamps, etc. I thought from the name they'd be mostly needlepoint and sewing stuff. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2012, 05:06 PM   #96  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeenny2010View Post
hi
have you got your order yet i am keeping fingers crossed for you to
Apologies for the super late reply. I hadn't seen this post. Yes, my order did arrive. It was a case of mail man error as opposed to SSS error...phew. I have placed another order with them since. Not here yet, but I am not sweating it as there is still some time before considering it AWOL. ;) Apologies and thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2012, 06:19 PM   #97  
Crimping Master

I placed an order with them last month and it came with in a week( can't remember exactly how many days as a weekend was involved)..but I was pretty impressed..especially since my Joanns order took two weeks. I will order from them (SSS) again.I firmly believe in giving a second chance( with in reason of course).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2012, 03:57 PM   #98  
Cardstock Collector

I am in Canada and my SSS package seems to be "lost". I have been going back and forth with them for a few weeks now. I received my shipping notification 9 weeks ago! I had a small problem with them in the past but my package finally arrived after 6 weeks. The back and forth emails this time, I get the feeling they don't care and it is "not their problem". Today they sent me the customs # and basically said for me to contact customs or my post office. When I entered the customs # they sent on USPS.com it said they had electronically received the shipping info but there was no record of them physically receiving a package. I have sent SSS a copy of this in yet another email. I think I am out $100. Will not deal with SSS ever again. I have ordered from a lot of other online companies and never had one problem.
So if you are in Canada be very wary!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2012, 10:57 AM   #99  
Embossing Fanatic

I'm yet another person who thinks SSS has some shady practices. I ordered from them via ebay when I was very new to online auctions. I never received the items, but my cc was charged. When I contacted them, I got some song and dance about slow post office, etc. Evetually they sent me a shipping receipt "proving" the order was delivered, which it wasn't. They said it had probably been stolen fro my mailbox after the mailman delivered it. That's absurd because I live in an apartment with locked mailboxes. Packages that are too large are secured in a parcel locker with the key placed in your locked mailbox. No way for anyone other than mailman to steal it, and I certainly don't think it was him! They strung me along for weeks until it was too late to file a dispute. In retrospect I feel sure his was purposeful, since My feedback reflected that this was my second or third ebay purchase ever. Now I know the system much better and would pursue it, but I was young and foolish! In the end their response was essentially "well we sent it and you didn't get it. Not our fault. Sucks to be you!"

I had a similar situation with Amazon. I contacted them and the called me within 15 minutes. They trusted my description of the events and at no charge sent the item again and upgraded me from slowpoke free shipping to overnight delivery with signature confirmation. THAT is how you earn loyal customers. Amazon is massive and could easily afford to lose my business, but they provided amazing customer service and made me a customer for life.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2012, 12:02 PM   #100  
Stazon Splitcoast

Glad I found this thread and that people have continued to post their dealings with SSS. I have never purchased from them, but have been tempted a few times. I don't think I will ever order from them knowing that so many people have had issues with them.

One of the huge benefits of being in the SCS community is people like you who provide a resource for other stampers/crafters. I appreciate all the ladies who took the time to post their good and bad experiences. I hope that everyone who has/had a dispute with them gets everything resolved.

Thank you!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2012, 01:01 PM   #101  
Cardstock Collector

Default Very slow shipping

I ordered from the Simon Says Stamp website a few months back. It took 13 days for my order to get from Ohio to Georgia. I thought this was just a fluke.

I ordered from them again in March. They said my order shipped on March 23. Here it is, April 3 and I still haven't received my order.

Should it really take this long for something to get from Ohio to Georgia?? :confused::confused:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2012, 04:50 AM   #102  
Mad Swapper

I have ordered from Simon Says Stamps and I have never had a problem. I ordered some Twinkling H2O's on December 15, 2011 and I had them on December 23, 2011, which is amazing since I live in Canada. I have place several orders since and before that and I have always had them within two weeks, which again is pretty good considering that I am in Canada, and for the most part the delay is in the postal service not the company.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2012, 10:51 AM   #103  
Cardstock Collector

Default How do they ship?

I ordered from another stamp company in Ohio on 3/31/2012. My order arrived today, 4/4/2012. Still nothing from Simon Says Stamp.

I think I've placed my last order with them. They must use the cheapest shipping method there is.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2012, 12:44 PM   #104  
Cardstock Collector

Forgot to come back and say that my order finally arrived. It took 14 days. The mailing label was dated 3/23 and said priority. I think they printed the label on 3/23 and then ordered my stuff from their suppliers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2012, 11:22 AM   #105  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Simonsaysstamp

I'm pretty disappointed. I sold some items here on BST and filled a request in the ISO forum and got the folks to give me e-gift cards to Simonsaysstamp.com instead of receiving cash. I went to redeem them and couldn't get my order to go through. I e-mailed them and the reply back to my problem was that you can only use one gift card per order on the website. I got three gift cards, which means I have to place three orders and pay three freight charges?? I then e-mailed them back asking if there is a way that I can combine my 3 orders (to try to use my 3 gift cards), but just pay one freight charge. That was 3 business days ago, and I have yet to get a reply. I hope not to get myself in this situation again! I sure would not have gotten gift card if I had known they will only accept one at a time per order!! I feel like I sold my items for nothing!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2012, 11:45 AM   #106  
Insane Embellisher

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've placed a couple orders with SimonSaysStamp.com and my sister ordered my Christmas presents from them and everything was fine. My last order was missing one item but I emailed them about it, received a response within 24 hours and got the missing item a few days later. I live in OH, so that helps with the shipping time, but most things that get shipped USPS arrive whenever they darn well please and logic seems to have nothing to do with it. It probably took 3 days for me to get my order from SimonSaysStamp.com, but also took 3 days for an order from a company in UT!

The thing with the gift cards is pretty goofy, I've heard about places having that policy for gift certificates/vouchers (the kind that you can win or get for your birthday, etc) but not gift cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2012, 09:27 AM   #107  
Glitter Queen

I placed my first order with them on Sunday April 29th. I'm used to Amazon.com shipping (you know, place the order and it ships the next day, lol). Anyways, I waited until yesterday and finally emailed then to find out when they usually ship their orders. This morning there was a shipping notification in my inbox.

I'll reserve my full opinions about them until I actually have my order in hand but I just can't help but think that it wasn't a coincidence. I guess the Amazon's shipping times have spoiled me. I did get free shipping on the order and a 10% discount from the online card classes discount...but that shouldn't make a difference in shipping times.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2012, 09:32 AM   #108  
Die Cut Diva

I ordered on April 25 got the shipping confirmation on May 1 and had it in my mailbox yesterday May 3. So it takes about a week.

I get inpatient but then I think of the olden days when things took 6-8 weeks for shipping and I chill out.

Bonnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2012, 11:09 AM   #109  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 122 Likes on 58 Posts

I've never ordered from them, but they seem more expensive than other online stores. Recently I noticed that they have some retired Stampin' Up wheels - $19.99 for regular size, and $26.95 for jumbos?!?! I'm confused about why they have those wheels - the jumbo ones sell in the SU catalog for $8.50, so it really seems like they're trying to take advantage. I'm sure you can find them on the BST Forum here on SCS, or in eBay for a whole lot less. They also had some Whisper White cardstock that they were marking up a TON! I'm a demo and I don't know why people wouldn't just order through the SU website, or their own demo - or find a demo!

Kristina Werner does videos for them, and I love her videos, that's basically my experience with SSS!

And I have to say "Amen" about Amazon's amazing customer service. I've been buying from them since the very beginning and I buy TONS of stuff from them - from diapers for the grandbabies to paper towels (by subscription) to Kcups for the Keurig - and of course, books - both Kindle and regular! :-)
~ Susan - Celebrating 19 years as an SU demo! Grammy to Anna 15, Elizabeth 14, Nora 12, Abigail 12, Kendall 10 , Isaac 10, Evan 7, and Hudson 3 with me in my avatar Proud to be SCS Fan Club Member since the beginning!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2012, 11:41 AM   #110  
Inking Addict

I placed and order from then November 22, 2011 and had it on the 27th. I'm in NJ.

I had such a great experience with them the first time I decided to order again. I placed my order Thursday, the 26th, in the morning and it didn't ship until yesterday, that's over a week. I am on a time crunch since I am working on a Mothers Day gift and who knows when I will get my stuff.

I am not unreasonable when it comes to processing orders but a full week is ridiculous. I ordered one 12X12 paper pack and the accessories to go with it. I went and ordered the same paper in a 6x6 pad elsewhere on Monday and had it on Wednesday. That place doesn't stock the Basic Grey 12x12 or I would have gotten it there first. I like the website but sadly won't be ordering from there again.

My Blog- A work in progress
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2012, 01:15 PM   #111  
Glitter Queen

Well...they did email me back and they mentioned they have been running a little behind and they they try to ship within 3 days of ordering. Hopefully, my stuff arrives quickly. I think I panicked when I saw all the negative posts here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2012, 11:56 AM   #112  
Glitter Queen

Ok...I received my SSS order in the mail yesterday. So seeing as they mailed it on Friday and I got it on Monday (with free shipping) is impressive. So apart from a little hang up in the actually shipping date (due to being a little behind), I'm sold on Simon Says Stamp...I'll probably order from them again. :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2012, 07:22 PM   #113  
Pearl-ExPert

I've ordered from them, had no problems and the shipping is pretty reasonable to Canada. I was pleased with the selection and the service and I would order from them again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2012, 10:02 AM   #114  
Cardstock Collector

I too had trouble with them... Took a phone call and some work, but I did end up with my order finally after about 3 weeks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2012, 11:17 PM   #115  
Polyshrink Goddess

I've ordered from them several times with no problems, however, I live about 20 minutes from them. I have noticed on their ebay feedback, although they have large volumes of sales so their feedback rate is still high, they do have many complaints.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2012, 04:48 PM   #116  
Cardstock Collector

I ordered from them on May 11th, and Papertrey on May 15th. (I live in Northern Michigan) I received shipping notification from SSS on May 15th and have yet to see the package. I received my Papertrey on May 21st. Very disappointed

lynne2yu
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2012, 07:07 PM   #117  
Pearl-ExPert

95% off Riley stamps was just too good a deal to miss out on.
Got a shipping notice yesterday ...
Fingers crossed!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2012, 07:28 AM   #118  
Cardstock Collector

Default confidence restored....

Received my order on Saturday 5-26-12.....whew!! confidence restored!

Thanks Simon Says Stamp :-D

lynne2yu
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2012, 07:31 PM   #119  
Crimping Master

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I think that I'm having a problem with SSS also. I had ordered on May 26th and got notice that it was shipped on the 30th. This is over a week later and no package yet. Hoping that will be showing up real soon. I have ordered from them at least twice before and no problems. I may not order from them again.
Sally
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2012, 09:57 AM   #120  
Matboard Maniac

I have ordered a couple of times from them and had no problems at all.

The most recent order was from their ebay store a couple of weeks ago. I got the package within two days.

About a year ago I ordered from their web-site and they shipped it promptly.

After reading this thread I'm not sure I'm going to do biz with them again because they sound shifty.
Reply With Quote Likes