Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-16-2019, 05:13 PM   #81  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavejumperView Post
Got it! I was calling it the wrong thing (as usual)

they are out of darice and called Easy frames. You get a bunch of basic shapes to make the open space

Then-and I had totally forgotten about this option-you can create matching/fun envelopes using them-and write the address in the open space.

using these you can do it with any full pattern EF.

Lots of YTs on this-aka partial embossing.

Boy. I hate this swiss cheese brain. pffft.

I think Tim Holtz has some of these too! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2019, 03:49 AM   #82  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by joniworxView Post
I would give my eye teeth not to have to generate my own Mr & Mr or Mrs. & Mrs. sentiments. (let alone images???) Just for example! Rarely do I see adoption sets. There are a few, but not all that many. I would love to see a lot more diversity in faith sentiments - Jewish, Muslim, Sikh, Buddhist, etc. We are living in a multi-cultural, multi-faith/no faith world. And it really is time our industry began to catch up with it...please? Beyond Hannukah - Altenew has a few Muslim sets, but not many. I want more to offer my friends and family.

I love QuietFire Designs - and I'd love more calligraphy.

And that's my two cents worth, not adjusted for inflation!
Great point. As large a company as SU is, it’s surprised me they have zero stamps/dies/papers for any religion or holiday other than Christian, not even Hanukkah, which seems to be an exception that some other companies, even small ones, sometimes include.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2019, 04:02 AM   #83  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by annie*View Post
I would like a really good paper trimmer! I finally broke down and purchased the Fiskars large trimmer, but it folds and the fold is right in one of the most used measurement area. I waited forever for the new trimmer that was promised by We R Memory Keepers but it just doesn't seem to be coming out. I think good trimmers should be a dime a dozen but it seems like every trimmer out there has some flaw.
I recently bought the new Creative Memories trimmer, and it has some features others don’t have. For example, it’s the only rotary trimmer I’ve happened to see that has measurements to the right of the blade. It also has two handy gliding “points,” that can be moved over the paper so you can see exactly where you’re cutting, if you want to capture a specific area. The CM site and youtube have videos. CM apparently has listened to its customers.

My take is part of the issue with trimmers is that the three types have different strengths and weaknesses.

I use a Carl cutter for most cutting since it can cut many sheets of cardstock at once and clamps it down for cutting. It’s very precise. It’s not portable. But the new CM one or an old Fiskars are great for some things. (A guillotine is likely being given away.)

Since WRMK has been purchased by American Crafts, I don’t hold my breath for quality or excellent customer service.

Last edited by bjeans; 10-17-2019 at 04:05 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2019, 04:13 AM   #84  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

Well, whether or not the MISTI was an original product is debatable, but since a patent was granted, the point is moot. I do believe in defending an original product, but threatening folks who like to share DIY ideas is not OK with me. That's what I meant by being unkind in an industry whose most widely followed members frequently vocalize how important "kindness" is. I would like to see more GENUINE kindness in this industry.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2019, 04:23 AM   #85  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReddyiscoView Post
Hi.....thanks so much for your post. Yes, my machines are arguing with my die cuts.....lolololol!! I have had nothing but grief with them. I actually gave up in frustration a long time ago. I've used a Cuttlebug, a Big Shot and a Grand Calibur. I've used every combination of sandwiches and shims I can think of. I run the die through more than once at different angles, I've searched for so called 'sweet spot' in every one of my machines. I've ranted and raved and, well.....never mind.....I'm getting myself all worked up....hahahaha. Anyway, popped up rectangles, ovals, squares and circles, more centered (all different sizes actually) are exactly what I'm looking for. Decorative or clean and simple. I just went to Renke's site and didn't see anything. I also followed your links. Gorgeous, but I guess I'm thinking cleaner. Imagine, for example, the tulip folder except an inch smaller. Or even smaller. I'd like to see a simple rectangle, but with double or triple lines. Am I making sense?
I make raised squares or rectangles with triple lines with dies used to emboss rather than cut - just two nestled together.

Others have posted the embossing folders I mentioned with the raised areas. If have a set if you need a model number.

Here are the two Renke’s, more contemporary because of the squiggly edges. Note the sizes - one is larger. I heart them.

Deckle Edge Square, Alexandra Renke Embossing Folder - Ellen Hutson LLC

Deckle Edge Card, Alexandra Renke Embossing Folder - Ellen Hutson LLC

But if you have it in you for an electric die cutting machine, you should easily be able to use all your dies. No variation in sandwiches or shimming since getting a Gemini Junior. Butter cutting. No more hand pain. Tons of videos, including by JM.

Last edited by bjeans; 10-17-2019 at 04:31 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2019, 05:18 AM   #86  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by debableView Post
I have pinterest boards to jumpstart card ideas of stamps and dies I buy. Many can be interchanged with similar stamps/ dies. I really want to see fresh ideas for older products still stocked! I do searches, but don't find much.
I couldn't agree more! I also pin card ideas I find and will put my ideas on how to recreate with stamps/dies I already own in the comments section.

I know someone already mentioned this, but I would love to see fewer companies doing monthly releases. Instead, how about every other month or once a quarter? Then in the months where there are no releases, show us how versatile those products are, how they work with your previous products, can be used for other seasons/holidays, etc. Those are the kinds of things that convince me to make a purchase.

This was also mentioned, but quotes or longer sentiments that are versatile. Or something for the elderly or nursing home residents. I send cards in for the drives I see and all I really have is "thinking of you" or "hello" which don't seem to fit the bill.

And, this isn't product related, but how about NEW FACES on the design teams of these companies?!? I'm tired of the same designers representing all of the companies. I'm not bashing the designers- yes, their work is amazing and I follow many of their blogs & IG feeds. However, it would be nice if some companies would feature different designers OR had a rotating spot or two on their team where every quarter they would give a new, lesser-known designer a chance to showcase their work and ideas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2019, 05:29 AM   #87  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,386 Likes on 517 Posts

Quote:

cnsteele/Nicole- Are your students newbies? I can understand that. I thought like that years ago. There are some days I see one that I love but just cant decide how I would use it-even for a hello card...

Wavejumper, they aren't new to stamping, but they make their cards with someone already in mind which is why they like the standard greetings. I hope my post didn't come across as condescending of their choice. My desire is that they love the card they make and that they send it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2019, 07:58 AM   #88  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapjannyView Post
Well, whether or not the MISTI was an original product is debatable, but since a patent was granted, the point is moot. I do believe in defending an original product, but threatening folks who like to share DIY ideas is not OK with me. That's what I meant by being unkind in an industry whose most widely followed members frequently vocalize how important "kindness" is. I would like to see more GENUINE kindness in this industry.

Dare I ask, WHO is the company that is the "original" on the Misti? I've been wondering WHO it would be since this was said here. I don't like others being threatened either. I have been threatened, not in regards to the Misti though, & it isn't nice. I too agree about this industry vocalizing about how "kind" they are, but not finding kindness. But, that also reminds us that WE are to be the changing force--(I won't buy from companies that bully & threaten either, if I know about it.) & most of all it reminds us, that we live in a "fallen world."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2019, 08:04 AM   #89  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoistracyView Post
I couldn't agree more! I also pin card ideas I find and will put my ideas on how to recreate with stamps/dies I already own in the comments section.

I know someone already mentioned this, but I would love to see fewer companies doing monthly releases. Instead, how about every other month or once a quarter? Then in the months where there are no releases, show us how versatile those products are, how they work with your previous products, can be used for other seasons/holidays, etc. Those are the kinds of things that convince me to make a purchase.

This was also mentioned, but quotes or longer sentiments that are versatile. Or something for the elderly or nursing home residents. I send cards in for the drives I see and all I really have is "thinking of you" or "hello" which don't seem to fit the bill.

And, this isn't product related, but how about NEW FACES on the design teams of these companies?!? I'm tired of the same designers representing all of the companies. I'm not bashing the designers- yes, their work is amazing and I follow many of their blogs & IG feeds. However, it would be nice if some companies would feature different designers OR had a rotating spot or two on their team where every quarter they would give a new, lesser-known designer a chance to showcase their work and ideas.
Maybe, this would defeat the purpose of each company, but I like to MIX my product from different companies to get what I want! Those are over-looked, of course! I think it would follow along the lines of the companies working together in kindness! Don't you think? I mean, WHO wants to buy everything from one company, just to re-buy it or like product again, just because it's from another specific company?(Thinking of the challenges.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2019, 08:13 AM   #90  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLadyView Post
Dare I ask, WHO is the company that is the "original" on the Misti? I've been wondering WHO it would be since this was said here. I don't like others being threatened either. I have been threatened, not in regards to the Misti though, & it isn't nice. I too agree about this industry vocalizing about how "kind" they are, but not finding kindness. But, that also reminds us that WE are to be the changing force--(I won't buy from companies that bully & threaten either, if I know about it.) & most of all it reminds us, that we live in a "fallen world."
The company and item have been posted, and I’ve both read on-line and heard about threats (the latter from a non-local LSS). But the court case is settled; supposedly Tim Holtz and MSP will be working together on something (unless that’s changed?), and my apologies for adding more to this conversation.

How can we be the slightest bit surprised there’s a mix of genuine kindness and generosity along with negative actions? It is like that in every field and every type of business, and crafting is a business.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2019, 08:16 AM   #91  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sue, wavejumper and bjeans thanks so much for all your ideas and tips.....it is so much appreciated. You've given me a lot to investigate and think about. Hugs, Jo
life is something that happens only when you run out of cardstock
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2019, 08:17 AM   #92  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Maybe, this would defeat the purpose of each company, but I like to MIX my product from different companies to get what I want! Those are over-looked, of course! I think it would follow along the lines of the companies working together in kindness! Don't you think? I mean, WHO wants to buy everything from one company, just to re-buy it or like product again, just because it's from another specific company?(Thinking of the challenges.)

There have been some neat collaborations recently from several companies with Hero Arts to celebrate their anniversary and to show them support.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2019, 11:03 AM   #93  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

I recently saw a cute card on Kelly Lunsford's site. She was posting for one company stamps and cards. I commented on it and asked where I could get the sentiment. She said it was coming out in the new release. Well, it didn't so when I wet back to her site, the card was gone. I still wanted to know where she got the particular sentiment. It was so cute. It said We Wish You A Merry Christmas. It had a Christmas tree I think and some holly. Googled that sentiment and can't find it anywhere. I would like more sentiments like that. Wavy and curly and stretched length, not just the block print words. Cuter fonts and new sentiments! that is what I would like to see. I also could stamp every single day without buying and never use all my stamps. I am so ashamed..............

Last edited by Ibrands; 10-30-2019 at 09:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2019, 11:50 AM   #94  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

TLady, what I really want is the dies for words, Happy Birthday, Wishes and other thin word lines you usually stack for depth on your card. I will look around.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2019, 12:46 PM   #95  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

I would like stamp companies to use proper language and punctuation.

An incorrect example: You got this. Correct: You've got this.
Proper use of the words everyday and every day. Walking the dog is an everyday occurrence. I walk every day.

Incorrect: Real nice. Correct: Really nice.

Do not use ' for plurals.

I will not buy a stamp set that has something that is incorrect.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2019, 01:16 PM   #96  
Kookie Creator

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post
There have been some neat collaborations recently from several companies with Hero Arts to celebrate their anniversary and to show them support.

And I have been really enjoying those!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2019, 01:32 PM   #97  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by arlenevitaView Post

Proper use of the words everyday and every day. Walking the dog is an everyday occurrence. I walk every day.

I liked a sentiment stamp about pet adoption but didn’t buy it because an unnecessary and awkward comma was plopped in the middle. I get it.

But I don’t mind slang when it’s clearly slang, different than misuse. Years ago a wonderful and tough linguistics professor appreciated slang and how language is elastic, not static. We were given assignments to listen for odd usages.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2019, 01:40 PM   #98  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by joniworxView Post
And I have been really enjoying those!

Coincidentally, *just* got an email from LawnFawn with another collaboration with Hero Arts. Not my style but happy they’re working together!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2019, 01:58 PM   #99  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by papernut123View Post
TLady, what I really want is the dies for words, Happy Birthday, Wishes and other thin word lines you usually stack for depth on your card. I will look around.
Most companies have the word dies you are talking about... SSS, PTI, WPlus9. I'm SURE there are others. Each has their own font of course, which is nice to mix it up with! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2019, 02:01 PM   #100  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

I feel for you! I don't like the slang either! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2019, 04:03 PM   #101  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

I feel for you! I don't like the slang either! LOL

There’s a difference between slang and poor grammar. Slang knows it’s slang. Poor grammar doesn’t know it’s murdering an innocent sentence. Not to anthropomorphize sentences. :rolleyes:

Last edited by bjeans; 10-17-2019 at 04:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2019, 06:40 PM   #102  
Gallery Gazer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

YES!! That drives me crazy as well!

You’re wonderful. Not YOUR wonderful... as another example. I will not buy a set that has anything incorrect either. ... or is that ‘any thing’..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2019, 06:55 PM   #103  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardmaker2View Post
YES!! That drives me crazy as well!

You’re wonderful. Not YOUR wonderful... as another example. I will not buy a set that has anything incorrect either. ... or is that ‘any thing’..
Its and it’s. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2019, 07:23 PM   #104  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReddyiscoView Post
Sue, wavejumper and bjeans thanks so much for all your ideas and tips.....it is so much appreciated. You've given me a lot to investigate and think about. Hugs, Jo

Sure anytime ((hugs)) I like talking shop I hope some of those frame EFs are useful for you.

I would like to see more recognition of Ranger. Everyone is so focused on Hero this year and Ranger is celebrating WAY more time. How is it the industry isn't hailing them when we all use their products...I forgot now-I am tired-it is like 75 or 90 years?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2019, 10:32 AM   #105  
Matboard Maniac

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd like more companies to have both American and European spellings for things ie Mom vs Mum, Color vs Colour. It's soooo annoying to love a stamp set but have all the spellings 'wrong' for this part of the world.

Not sure how this would work as I guess most of the markets are in the US, but to have frame dies to fit our A4/C6 card sizes, rather than the US A2 size. I see so many lovely background dies but they just won't work for our standard sized card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2019, 05:28 AM   #106  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckstampcrazyView Post
I agree with the fishing sets...no more trout fish and river fishing!!!
Let's see some Northern Pike, Bass, Perch, & Sunfish!
I would love to see some stamps with PONTOONS, speedboats, & kayaks!
Also Ice fishing and spearing! Les Kouba inspired!!!

Tools! We all love and need tools, but we have a love hate relationship!
I like the rotary style trimmers, but I would love a better one that doesn't take up my entire desk!

I am so sick of companies retiring ALL of my products!!! Let's add new to our collections, but please don't retire my beloved items!

And last but not least...Christmas release in July sounds LOVELY!!!!

Yes, there are tons of canoe stamps, and sailboats, but no kayaks, pontoons. Definitely room for something different in the boat category!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2019, 05:30 AM   #107  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Sure anytime ((hugs)) I like talking shop I hope some of those frame EFs are useful for you.

I would like to see more recognition of Ranger. Everyone is so focused on Hero this year and Ranger is celebrating WAY more time. How is it the industry isn't hailing them when we all use their products...I forgot now-I am tired-it is like 75 or 90 years?

I think Hero Arts is tooting their own horn and actively seeking out recognitions. Maybe Ranger should do the same? Reach out for more partnerships, do some more creative advertising, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2019, 05:34 AM   #108  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

I agree that stamps should not be blatantly grammatically incorrect. However, I think there is some room for creativity. For example, sentiments have things capitalized in weird places because it looks nicer in some fancy scripts. Or FALL is capitalized, when it shouldn’t really be. Slang. That doesn’t bother me.

One of the things I posted earlier in this thread is that I would like companies to appeal to new stampers, and that often means younger stampers. I think that that sentiments with slang and snarky sentiments may also appeal to the younger stampers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2019, 05:39 AM   #109  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoistracyView Post

Now that is a lovely idea! And also, please encourage your design team to use different styles. When every major designer’s cards look the same, or all have distress ink backgrounds, that doesn’t help the crafter who doesn’t use that style or doesn’t have distress inks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2019, 05:40 AM   #110  
Mad Swapper

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Quote:

Everyone is so focused on Hero this year and Ranger is celebrating WAY more time. How is it the industry isn't hailing them when we all use their products...I forgot now-I am tired-it is like 75 or 90 years
You are right any company that makes it that long deserves to celebrate their success. In this case I think it is more about celebrating a small business rather that ignoring the larger Ranger Co.

The "Mom & Pop" market seems to be disappearing rapidly these days and I for one am glad to:
1) see one still be around after so many years and
2) see that industry band together so they can survive against today's harsher retail climate.

Which brings me back to what I have said before about wanting to see more make nice and less make ugly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2019, 05:41 AM   #111  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by howdyheidiView Post
I think Hero Arts is tooting their own horn and actively seeking out recognitions. Maybe Ranger should do the same? Reach out for more partnerships, do some more creative advertising, etc.

It's "Marketing!" ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2019, 05:45 AM   #112  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

It's "Marketing!" ;)

Exactly!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2019, 06:07 AM   #113  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by howdyheidiView Post
I agree that stamps should not be blatantly grammatically incorrect. However, I think there is some room for creativity. For example, sentiments have things capitalized in weird places because it looks nicer in some fancy scripts. Or FALL is capitalized, when it shouldn’t really be. Slang. That doesn’t bother me.

One of the things I posted earlier in this thread is that I would like companies to appeal to new stampers, and that often means younger stampers. I think that that sentiments with slang and snarky sentiments may also appeal to the younger stampers.
Yes! And this older stamper... :shock:

In my immediate family growing up and into adulthood, funny and gently snarky cards were SOP. Pretty flowers would have caused a confused recipient to think it was grabbed from a rack instead of time taken to find the perfect one.

For me, the recipient drives the tone. My 95-year-old mother in law gets pretty, sparkly cards, but if my father was alive, carefully chosen snark or pun would be on target. I can imagine him joking, “Did you realize this card was for me?” if I gave him a “regular” card. He might appreciate a contemporary more artful card - he collected art. But I wasn’t making cards then.

Last edited by bjeans; 10-19-2019 at 01:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2019, 08:06 AM   #114  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

I guess I don't see Hero as "small"-maybe mid-sized? I think any company surviving that long in any industry at this point is amazing. I am not taking away from Hero, but just again, as we all pretty much have some kind of Ranger product in our house...

To correct myself...Ranger is 90 years old. Here is the link talking about the company history. The first half was basically commercial based, not crafts. It is true that Hero was never anything but crafts.

https://rangerink.com/pages/about

They have embraced the young market by bringing on Simon Hurley who is YTing his rear off both alone and with Gina K's daughter in a new series.

Getting to a generation that is married to tech is not going to be easy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2019, 08:18 AM   #115  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

I guess I don't see Hero as "small"-maybe mid-sized? I think any company surviving that long in any industry at this point is amazing. I am not taking away from Hero, but just again, as we all pretty much have some kind of Ranger product in our house...

To correct myself...Ranger is 90 years old. Here is the link talking about the company history. The first half was basically commercial based, not crafts. It is true that Hero was never anything but crafts.

They have embraced the young market by bringing on Simon Hurley who is YTing his rear off both alone and with Gina K's daughter in a new series.

You're like a walking Encyclopedia!!!! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2019, 11:33 AM   #116  
Kookie Creator

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Cool I did the same thing...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cre8ive MindView Post
I recently bought this tool. I love it. But I damaged it after only a few uses. I thought I would use my fiskar's rotary cutter with the scalloped blade to cut a decorative paper edge. Well the scalloped blade damaged the metal guide along the edge of the ruler...Ouch! It still works but has score marks in the metal edge now. The metal edge is just a thin piece of metal glued on. It is softer metal than I anticipated.

I did the same think with my good TH ruler. The rotary cutter just went all wacky and cut through the plastic ruler. Haven't used the rotary cutter since! :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2019, 01:25 PM   #117  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

It's "Marketing!" ;)

That! Not to discount at all the niceness of the longevity of Hero Arts or their celebration and collaborations, but it’s small businesses partnering to increase sales for all.

Last edited by bjeans; 10-19-2019 at 01:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2019, 01:39 PM   #118  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

The Simon Hurley and Rina K. (daughter of Gina K.) youtube videos are cute.

Generations X (born in ‘80s), Y and Z have been all tech all the time, and the uniqueness of beautiful papers and handing unique stuff may bring some in.

I was in a Paper Source store taking a quickie watercolor card class, and half the participants were young, including a mom and daughter. The Paper Source has lots of gift items and wedding/event stationary so is good at luring people in, and the class is visible in the back of the store, not in a separate room. Smart move. People wandered over to see what we were doing. Being located in high-traffic areas helps too.

Last edited by bjeans; 10-19-2019 at 01:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2019, 05:41 PM   #119  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Get A Silhouette Cameo

Quote:

Originally Posted by papernut123View Post
With the new Cameo 4 coming out its time to get a cheap Cameo 3. You can use any font on your computer & type out word or words you want cut out IN ANY SIZE! There are also tons of words already to but on the Silhouette web site too. You also can do a print & cut with sentiments. Love that feature.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2019, 11:36 PM   #120  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

Touching on the comments.

I would love more quotes. I am a journaler and not card maker. It is very hard to find good journaling stamps. I find my favorite quotes on stamps and I snag them up and treasure them. I use them a lot.

I agree more color paper. I love paper that is in colors. I got a ream at WalMart and treasure it. I love to use paper in stamping. I buy a lot of origami paper.

I am dyslexic so I am not going to apologize for my own grammar because I do really try. I am a slang girl. I am a street girl. Definitely not apologizing for that. I earned my bravery stripes. I love slang stamps. When I find slang stamps I thank the stamp company for remembering diversity and we are all from different stripes.

Reply With Quote Likes