Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-12-2019, 04:39 PM   #41  
Gallery Gazer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven’t waded into this discussion but have followed it with interest. And I see my sentiments are represented here; I have all I need and want, I don’t want to see any new fads or trends. I don’t want to see the next great tool or gadget. I want to be content with what I have, and I can say that I am So when companies keep pushing new at me, I arch my back and become even more determined not to cave.

As mentined earlier, I love the idea of showing new ideas for an old set. Challenge me to use what I have. Some years ago, some Splitcoasters and I challenged ourselves to make a card with an old set, trying to get through all our sets. I had fewer stamps then but it was fun and got the creativity flowing.

I say we refuse to get caught up in the hype of new releases! A buying embargo of sorts. I already am very very selective with what I buy, I am primarily a SU user and even at that might not spend even $200 a year any more. This current year I have spent roughly 160$ and don’t expect to place another order. I don’t subscribe to any blogs or stamp company mailings. And I like it that way
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2019, 12:13 AM   #42  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapjannyView Post
I would like to see more collaborations and cooperation, and fewer lawsuits and instances of unkindness.
Well, you know how vocal I have been about this too. Of course not over here.

This is so important to me. I want more diversity in the industry. I want to see women/men of color/ethnicity designing new lines and marketing those lines. I want to see more LGBQT in our industry.

I miss the unity and kindness in our industry. When this industry was about kindness and sharing. Not profiting off of these things.

Physical products I don't want much. I would like to see more realistic houseplants.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2019, 08:34 AM   #43  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been thinking about this topic since I first saw it with only one post!

While I also have a good stash and a limited budget, I know that stamp companies need to have new stamps all the time, but I really wish they would not do this monthly (except kits) but do it more like quarterly. I feel like this would help them be more thorough in giving ideas and explanations for the products, without me feeling like I am behind the times by the time I finally am able to get the item!
Second, I really wish that craft companies would put out their holiday release in July-September. It seems to me that they do it more like October or later, and by then, I need to already be working with the product (to be done on time) and I am no longer in the market for it.

Some companies are already doing this, but I wish more would join in. When you release new products, show how they can be mix and matched with your older products.

I also value companies that do not discontinue stamps very quickly. I know there are some that hold onto some designs for years and years, and I really like that!

I would also like to know what can be done to attract new and younger stampers, to keep the industry healthy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2019, 10:40 AM   #44  
Stampin' Fool

Received 35 Likes on 6 Posts

Wave Jumper -- Thanks for pointing me to Art Impressions. They actually have a nice fishing set. It's not 100% my style, but it's growing on me. Especially now that I'm starting to color with copics.

I appreciate the crochet references but still wish there were more options out there.

Wplus9 had a really wonderful fishing set, but by the time I had the money to purchase it, it was retired : (
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2019, 10:58 AM   #45  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Elizabeth, I haven’t kept up with the entire thread, but PTI carries some knitting stamps, in case you do both. I stumbled across them a couple days ago when looking for something else.

In case the following link doesn’t work, “knit” in their search box brings them up.

ETA: Went back and read your earlier post, and searched on “sew.” They also have sewing related stamps and dies - like a cute needle holder. The two links below are different.

Papertrey Ink Clear Stamps Dies Paper Ink Kits Ribbon

Papertrey Ink Clear Stamps Dies Paper Ink Kits Ribbon

Beth

Last edited by bjeans; 10-13-2019 at 11:05 AM.. Reason: Addition
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2019, 01:57 PM   #46  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

Hoboken Paper-
Dont force yourself. There is a lot of fishing stuff out there. Like golf it is huge popular theme forever

The funny thing is the first stamp I ever bought on ebay was a small fishing one...from britain! I didnt realize it till later when paypal converted it. Really nice seller actually.

First of all-go to ebay and ask for fishing rubber stamps-you get like 1300. go to 96 views on the page and you will skim fast bc a bunch of it is fish itself. Also check etsy-they have TONS of real looking fish.

Penny Black has a nice one
Amazon.com: Penny Black PB40129 Cling Rubber Stamp Sheet, 5 by 5-Inch, Dropping You a Line: Arts, Crafts & Sewing

magenta has a full scene fly fisherman in the river

every company kind of has them so poke around. Dont settle! I am not promoting spending money. I want you to get the one you really like. I have been known to wait for literal years to get a stamp.

Last edited by wavejumper; 10-13-2019 at 02:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2019, 02:30 PM   #47  
Proud Fan Club Member

I would like to see more equitable shipping. I am just not going to spend a flat rate amount to buy one stamp. I am loving that a bunch of companies are now doing $25 free ships. 75, 80, 100-that's a lot of dang money.

I would like to see more images without sentiments for a lower set price. I don't need another happy birthday, best wishes, with sympathy, etc. So I love that AI sells images with and without sentiments. That IO will split out and do individual sentiments as well as sets.

I love that PTI has economical sets with one expression in 5 fonts. Bang you are done.

I would like to see more variety in sentiments. There are a bazillion free sentiments/quotes in the world. Great nature ones are so nice with a landscape design for example. I dont know why I keep seeing the same ones at a lot of different companies. I am happy that I have seen a trend of using famous people quotes. They are often good ones. But there are a ton more out there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2019, 04:18 AM   #48  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,386 Likes on 517 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavejumperView Post
I would like to see more variety in sentiments. There are a bazillion free sentiments/quotes in the world. Great nature ones are so nice with a landscape design for example. I dont know why I keep seeing the same ones at a lot of different companies. I am happy that I have seen a trend of using famous people quotes. They are often good ones. But there are a ton more out there.

Yes! I love using a variety of quotes on my card, not just the standard "happy birthday", "thank you", etc. Stamping a quote as my sentiment makes the card so versatile in my opinion and more interesting.

In my classes, though, I find the women want the standard sentiments rather than quotes. They like using sentiments like "thinking of you" or "happy birthday" on all their cards and look more for a variety in font and size of those.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2019, 05:32 AM   #49  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 506 Likes on 226 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBgreendawnView Post
This project of Anita's this morning made me wish that there were BIG animal shape dies... ( not cute things but, real things) that could become card bases)

( I own cute butterflies and hearts and basic shapes etc)

like this.

IC723 Polar Bear by snietje - at Splitcoaststampers

This isn't like snietje's polar bear but have you seen the dies at Paper Smooches that cut the card like an animal head? They have several possibilities here:

Paper Smooches Stamps - Welcome
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2019, 03:03 AM   #50  
Proud Fan Club Member

cnsteele/Nicole- Are your students newbies? I can understand that. I thought like that years ago. There are some days I see one that I love but just cant decide how I would use it-even for a hello card...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2019, 03:36 AM   #51  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnsteeleView Post
Yes! I love using a variety of quotes on my card, not just the standard "happy birthday", "thank you", etc. Stamping a quote as my sentiment makes the card so versatile in my opinion and more interesting.

In my classes, though, I find the women want the standard sentiments rather than quotes. They like using sentiments like "thinking of you" or "happy birthday" on all their cards and look more for a variety in font and size of those.

I love quotes but matching the right quote to the right person is very specific for me, so standard sentiments can be handy.

An instructor in a class at an LSS often provides a couple cut out sentiments for a card so there’s a choice, or we can add our own at home. (So far the participants have all had big stashes.)

It’s nice when he teaches a holiday class for those who don’t celebrate or send cards for the holiday, like having and Easter or Spring sentiment.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2019, 02:24 AM   #52  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Is it too much to ask the big box stores to carry SOMETHING new in their stamp collections? I so much prefer to see things in real life. I also prefer not to pay shipping, not make a minimum purchase to avoid shipping, and to simply buy one stamp, if that’s all I want, and that with a coupon as well. Sigh.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2019, 04:33 AM   #53  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts

I wish more companies would release plain coloured paper and not just cardstock (don't know what it's like in the US). I prefer to mat and layer with paper if possible: paper is lighter (saves making the card front top-heavy or taking it into the Large Letter mailing category), not to mention usually cheaper. Because they concentrate on cardstock and don't make so many colours in the papers, it's very difficult to find 'true' versions of certain colours. I've discovered a true pink (Tonic Blossom Pink) in cardstock, but all the papers veer towards a peachy tone rather than true pink. Have solved the true pale blue in both cardstock and paper after a lot of effort, but it's also difficult to get browns which are anything other than reddish hues.

Papers are also useful for those who wish to make their own backgrounds with their stamps!

Lynda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2019, 04:59 AM   #54  
Crimping Master

Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts

I would like a really good paper trimmer! I finally broke down and purchased the Fiskars large trimmer, but it folds and the fold is right in one of the most used measurement area. I waited forever for the new trimmer that was promised by We R Memory Keepers but it just doesn't seem to be coming out. I think good trimmers should be a dime a dozen but it seems like every trimmer out there has some flaw.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2019, 05:18 AM   #55  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by howdyheidiView Post
I also value companies that do not discontinue stamps very quickly. I know there are some that hold onto some designs for years and years, and I really like that!
I agree. I have many sets I have enjoyed over the years, and still do.

On another note, I do have a pet peeve, so please bear with me...
I realize that innovation and competition drive the market and designs, but I feel a very tangible “new product fatigue”. It is overwhelming at times. I do believe it is a season, as the papercraft market became more accessible to smaller companies to design and manufacture products, there is a virtual explosion. But, as the consumer base is overwhelmed, not all companies will survive. Because product turnover is much slower in the box stores, and they have to keep inventory on hand, keep the lights on in their stores, pay their workers, etc., they have difficulty keeping up with the online fluidity.
Another note is about shipping. It costs money to ship, although sometimes the companies exacerbate this by charging a set price for products that adds up, when the products could all fit in flat rate mailer, or be mailed for a lower rate with a reasonable handling charge. However, international shipping, especially from China, has been set through the Universal Postal System, which is an agreement between 192 countries, and has been giving China an HUGE advantage to the detriment of other nations. (Not to mention their aggressive trademark violations). That is why places like Ali-express can offer unrealistically low or free shipping. But, that is about to change, as a new agreement has been reached that will even the global playing field concerning shipping.
Companies are in business to make a profit. It takes trucks, planes, personnel to ship packages.
We, as consumers, “talk” with our purchases, so be discerning.
OK. Off my soapbox now. Thank you for listening.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2019, 05:32 AM   #56  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 488 Likes on 307 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampindoeView Post
I'd like to see a "paper pumpkin" type kit to be used by children. I would send a monthly stamp kit to my granddaughter if one existed. Kids love to get things in the mail; and, this would be a fun gift to receive monthly.

Send that idea in to the sandbox....If they did come up with something that was not gender specific ( I have 6 boys as grands and only 1 girl) I would subscribe in multiples so kids and I could have a crafting day together....

Card Sketch Challenge 1-227 done only 396+ to go to be caught up!!!!!

-90 and sweating

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2019, 06:25 AM   #57  
Rubber Obsessor

I agree with the fishing sets...no more trout fish and river fishing!!!
Let's see some Northern Pike, Bass, Perch, & Sunfish!
I would love to see some stamps with PONTOONS, speedboats, & kayaks!
Also Ice fishing and spearing! Les Kouba inspired!!!

Tools! We all love and need tools, but we have a love hate relationship!
I like the rotary style trimmers, but I would love a better one that doesn't take up my entire desk!

I am so sick of companies retiring ALL of my products!!! Let's add new to our collections, but please don't retire my beloved items!

And last but not least...Christmas release in July sounds LOVELY!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2019, 07:57 AM   #58  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Trying to think of something "new," but can't really think of much. I am ALWAYS on the look out for new florals, AND new Masculine Images are ALWAYS needed! I think new tools are ALWAYS NICE too! If I'm not buying images, I'm buying tools! (And lately, organization things) But, can't think of anything in particular.

As for the law suit, think of THE MISTI! It was invented & then the idea was "stolen" by others, only changing up one thing or another & on some companies- they BARELY changed anything, yet it seems many buy the other brands, because of price. For a better quality product, it does cost more! AND I feel the one who invented the product SHOULD receive the profits! If I find out who invented what, I won't buy from anyone else regarding that product! Even if it costs more.... I save up! I think of it this way, if it were ME, I would want others to do the same for me! There isn't much loyalty going on in the markets anymore. Oh, & if it's American Made, I like that better too! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2019, 08:22 AM   #59  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLadyView Post
Trying to think of something "new," but can't really think of much. I am ALWAYS on the look out for new florals, AND new Masculine Images are ALWAYS needed! I think new tools are ALWAYS NICE too! If I'm not buying images, I'm buying tools! (And lately, organization things) But, can't think of anything in particular.

As for the law suit, think of THE MISTI! It was invented & then the idea was "stolen" by others, only changing up one thing or another & on some companies- they BARELY changed anything, yet it seems many buy the other brands, because of price. For a better quality product, it does cost more! AND I feel the one who invented the product SHOULD receive the profits! If I find out who invented what, I won't buy from anyone else regarding that product! Even if it costs more.... I save up! I think of it this way, if it were ME, I would want others to do the same for me! There isn't much loyalty going on in the markets anymore. Oh, & if it's American Made, I like that better too! ;)

Me too about American made. The Chinese copies that steal from artists/designers/small companies - and work their employees in inhumane conditions - make me shudder. So did the someone who told me she didn't care she was buying stolen designs because SU charges too much.

Lawsuits are sad. SU was taken to court for copying the ScorPal with tiny changes, but the small family business that trademarked ScorPal didn't have deep pockets to keep pursuing the case.

Another tool was used that the Misti resembles, and individual crafters were threatened, so some people believe differently about that case. And that's okay. There will always be disagreements about lawsuits, and we won't know all the facts. At some point people just have to agree to disagree. Just my take - YMMV.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2019, 08:31 AM   #60  
Matboard Maniac

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

I recently bought this tool. I love it. But I damaged it after only a few uses. I thought I would use my fiskar's rotary cutter with the scalloped blade to cut a decorative paper edge. Well the scalloped blade damaged the metal guide along the edge of the ruler...Ouch! It still works but has score marks in the metal edge now. The metal edge is just a thin piece of metal glued on. It is softer metal than I anticipated.

Last edited by Cre8ive Mind; 10-16-2019 at 08:33 AM.. Reason: I am referring to the KoolTac Layer Plus Ruler
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2019, 08:43 AM   #61  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cre8ive MindView Post
I recently bought this tool. I love it. But I damaged it after only a few uses. I thought I would use my fiskar's rotary cutter with the scalloped blade to cut a decorative paper edge. Well the scalloped blade damaged the metal guide along the edge of the ruler...Ouch! It still works but has score marks in the metal edge now. The metal edge is just a thin piece of metal glued on. It is softer metal than I anticipated.

Ouch. You're right - I just looked at mine - which I forgot I had! I think it's because it's just meant for layering and marking - or maybe an Exacto would be easier to control. I hope it still works for you. :(

In case anyone is interested in seeing it in use, here's longer video that describes other uses, like alignment of die cuts and gems, etc.

Last edited by bjeans; 10-16-2019 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: forgot I had already posted K. Werner video so deleted it
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2019, 08:54 AM   #62  
Matboard Maniac

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

I can still use an x-acto blade along the edge ok. I thought the idea of the metal edge was so you could use it to cut. Maybe that isn't the case. The Perfect Layer Rulers set I also have, have a metal rod embedded into the plastic edge. The outside edge of the KoolTak is not quite a perfect square edge either. There is a little bit of a dip along one edge. A bit disappointing for a C$35.00 ruler. It was a real splurge on my part.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2019, 09:00 AM   #63  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cre8ive MindView Post
I can still use an x-acto blade along the edge ok. I thought the idea of the metal edge was so you could use it to cut. Maybe that isn't the case. The Perfect Layer Rulers set I also have, have a metal rod embedded into the plastic edge. The outside edge of the KoolTak is not quite a perfect square edge either. There is a little bit of a dip along one edge. A bit disappointing for a C$35.00 ruler. It was a real splurge on my part.
I don't think I'd expect it to hold up to a rotary tool - though others would likely disagree. But if mine had a dip in it, which is a manufacturing defect, I'd absolutely contact them and request a replacement.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2019, 09:05 AM   #64  
Glitter Queen

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default new ideas for older products

I have pinterest boards to jumpstart card ideas of stamps and dies I buy. Many can be interchanged with similar stamps/ dies. I really want to see fresh ideas for older products still stocked! I do searches, but don't find much.

Want more stamps that don't require excessive coloring. Card sized images, not all these itty bitty things.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2019, 09:18 AM   #65  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi ladies.....what a great discussion. Here's what I would like to see: More frame style embossing folders. The only one I've ever seen that I love is SU's tulip border which I use a lot. It's a mystery to me why those incredibly intricate die cuts that are so difficult to use have been so incredibly popular and embossing folders have never really caught on to the same degree when they are so simple to use and so much less expensive. I designed a few of them and sent them to a well known supplier but have never heard back. I would post them here, but I can't find them. Would love to here your thoughts, ladies.
life is something that happens only when you run out of cardstock
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2019, 09:30 AM   #66  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReddyiscoView Post
Hi ladies.....what a great discussion. Here's what I would like to see: More frame style embossing folders. The only one I've ever seen that I love is SU's tulip border which I use a lot. It's a mystery to me why those incredibly intricate die cuts that are so difficult to use have been so incredibly popular and embossing folders have never really caught on to the same degree when they are so simple to use and so much less expensive. I designed a few of them and sent them to a well known supplier but have never heard back. I would post them here, but I can't find them. Would love to here your thoughts, ladies.

That's disappointing - how are your intricate die cuts so difficult to use? Is it the machine is arguing with them? My manual die cutting machine needed different sandwiches or shims for some reluctant dies, and two full coverage dies would not cut well with two Cuttlebugs and two Big Shots at my LSS. But every die cuts like butter with my current machine (Gemini Jurnior). It is an investment though.

You make such a good point. (I have a set of embossing folders that make an open area that is popped up or indented - rectangles, ovals, a square, circle. And two Renke folders that do the same with rough edges. But they are aren't decorative like tulips, and are more centered.)

ETA: I just did a google search on "embossing folders frame flowers" and some popped up. Hope that will help, and feel free to PM me for some other links.

Here's one from 123Stitch - I've ordered from them once - good service, nice on the phone, and one on ebay:
Sue Wilson Embossing Folder - Wintery Frame EF076 - 123Stitch

https://www.ebay.com/itm/401499282478?roken=cUgayN

Last edited by bjeans; 10-16-2019 at 09:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2019, 09:30 AM   #67  
Glitter Queen

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default better sentiments

I need stamps that say: STAY strong. Stay brave. Sending healing hugs.

(I know I could use alphabet stamps, but want quicker and easier.) As a cancer survivor, I want card receivers to know they are already strong, not 'be strong.'

I don't like sentiments that are kind of 'commanding.' (i.e. Cheer up)

I send cards to Card Care Connection for cancer patients. They limit sentiments to "general and uplifting." No 'get well soon.'

I'm tired of brush stoke lettering.

I'd also like to see sentiments strips in some category order, even alphabetical. They jumble so many tiny ones on a sheet, you can't find what you need.

I won't buy if I don't think I can use almost all the sentiments. Maybe smaller sheets - with more organized category sentiments.

P.S. Thanks for starting the thread!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2019, 09:58 AM   #68  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post
That's disappointing - how are your intricate die cuts so difficult to use? Is it the machine is arguing with them? My manual die cutting machine needed different sandwiches or shims for some reluctant dies, and two full coverage dies would not cut well with two Cuttlebugs and two Big Shots at my LSS. But every die cuts like butter with my current machine (Gemini Jurnior). It is an investment though.

You make such a good point. (I have a set of embossing folders that make an open area that is popped up or indented - rectangles, ovals, a square, circle. And two Renke folders that do the same with rough edges. But they are aren't decorative like tulips, and are more centered.)

ETA: I just did a google search on "embossing folders frame flowers" and some popped up. Hope that will help, and feel free to PM me for some other links.

Here's one from 123Stitch - I've ordered from them once - good service, nice on the phone, and one on ebay:
Sue Wilson Embossing Folder - Wintery Frame EF076 - 123Stitch

Oval Swirls Cut and Emboss Folder Nellie Snellen embossing folders HSEFD006 8718819348771 | eBay

Hi.....thanks so much for your post. Yes, my machines are arguing with my die cuts.....lolololol!! I have had nothing but grief with them. I actually gave up in frustration a long time ago. I've used a Cuttlebug, a Big Shot and a Grand Calibur. I've used every combination of sandwiches and shims I can think of. I run the die through more than once at different angles, I've searched for so called 'sweet spot' in every one of my machines. I've ranted and raved and, well.....never mind.....I'm getting myself all worked up....hahahaha. Anyway, popped up rectangles, ovals, squares and circles, more centered (all different sizes actually) are exactly what I'm looking for. Decorative or clean and simple. I just went to Renke's site and didn't see anything. I also followed your links. Gorgeous, but I guess I'm thinking cleaner. Imagine, for example, the tulip folder except an inch smaller. Or even smaller. I'd like to see a simple rectangle, but with double or triple lines. Am I making sense?
life is something that happens only when you run out of cardstock
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2019, 11:03 AM   #69  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by debableView Post

(I know I could use alphabet stamps, but want quicker and easier.) As a cancer survivor, I want card receivers to know they are already strong, not 'be strong.'

I send cards to Card Care Connection for cancer patients. They limit sentiments to "general and uplifting." No 'get well soon.'

I'd also like to see sentiments strips in some category order, even alphabetical. They jumble so many tiny ones on a sheet, you can't find what you need.

I won't buy if I don't think I can use almost all the sentiments. Maybe smaller sheets - with more organized category sentiments.

Divinity Designs, (used to be Our Daily Bread) have some WONDERFUL SETS for those with Cancer, as Grace, one of their DT Members is/ was (She is no long with DD), a Cancer Survivor. Be sure to check them out! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2019, 11:34 AM   #70  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

Quote:

Hi.....thanks so much for your post. Yes, my machines are arguing with my die cuts.....lolololol!! I have had nothing but grief with them. I actually gave up in frustration a long time ago. I've used a Cuttlebug, a Big Shot and a Grand Calibur. I've used every combination of sandwiches and shims I can think of. I run the die through more than once at different angles, I've searched for so called 'sweet spot' in every one of my machines. I've ranted and raved and, well.....never mind.....I'm getting myself all worked up....hahahaha. Anyway, popped up rectangles, ovals, squares and circles, more centered (all different sizes actually) are exactly what I'm looking for. Decorative or clean and simple. I just went to Renke's site and didn't see anything. I also followed your links. Gorgeous, but I guess I'm thinking cleaner. Imagine, for example, the tulip folder except an inch smaller. Or even smaller. I'd like to see a simple rectangle, but with double or triple lines. Am I making sense?
Could you use some dies that cut frame-type shapes with an embossing mat to get an embossed frame instead of a diecut one? That way you've got double-duty from one product...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2019, 11:38 AM   #71  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by debableView Post

Unity has some cancer/survivor related sets and individual stamps...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2019, 11:59 AM   #72  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 219 Likes on 134 Posts

Quote:

Jo, this is such a good point! I have more dies than I care to admit that I have used only once or twice because of all the tiny pieces that have to be placed back in when adhering to a card. I love embossing folders. As you said, they are inexpensive and add so much interest and texture to a card with very little effort!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2019, 02:40 PM   #73  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 464 Likes on 346 Posts

I have bought the value pack of adhesive multi-coloured fun foam from the kids' section at Michaels to use for adding dimension to die cuts, background panels, etc.. I would love to see someone make a value pack of all white adhesive fun foam as that's the colour I most need to use. Here's the pack I'm talking about:

6"" x 9"" Adhesive Foam Sheets by Creatology, Primary Colors

My SCS gallery is here should you care to look! Or please visit my blog, Cardmaker's Garret.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2019, 02:57 PM   #74  
Kookie Creator

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by lylacfeyView Post
Well, you know how vocal I have been about this too. Of course not over here.

This is so important to me. I want more diversity in the industry. I want to see women/men of color/ethnicity designing new lines and marketing those lines. I want to see more LGBQT in our industry.

I miss the unity and kindness in our industry. When this industry was about kindness and sharing. Not profiting off of these things.

Physical products I don't want much. I would like to see more realistic houseplants.

I would give my eye teeth not to have to generate my own Mr & Mr or Mrs. & Mrs. sentiments. (let alone images???) Just for example! Rarely do I see adoption sets. There are a few, but not all that many. I would love to see a lot more diversity in faith sentiments - Jewish, Muslim, Sikh, Buddhist, etc. We are living in a multi-cultural, multi-faith/no faith world. And it really is time our industry began to catch up with it...please? Beyond Hannukah - Altenew has a few Muslim sets, but not many. I want more to offer my friends and family.

I love QuietFire Designs - and I'd love more calligraphy.

And that's my two cents worth, not adjusted for inflation!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2019, 03:03 PM   #75  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

What I would like to see in the future is a die that can cut into two pieces of card stock at once. I have tried it with a shim but never get a good cut. I like to stack words for the front of my cards and one piece is hard to attach a second piece to. It is easier every time you add another. If the word dies could cut two pieces you could glue them together first and it would be easier to glue two glued words to another. Save time too
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2019, 03:28 PM   #76  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by papernut123View Post
What I would like to see in the future is a die that can cut into two pieces of card stock at once. I have tried it with a shim but never get a good cut. I like to stack words for the front of my cards and one piece is hard to attach a second piece to. It is easier every time you add another. If the word dies could cut two pieces you could glue them together first and it would be easier to glue two glued words to another. Save time too

There IS a company that does this. Can't remember the name, but Dina would know! I'm not sure if it has dies that you would be thinking of, but Dina uses them to make earrings, etc.... So, they DO HAVE THEM!!!! Just a matter of, do they have what you want! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2019, 03:42 PM   #77  
Proud Fan Club Member

Reddyisco-

RE: embossing folders with frames.

If I understand you correctly....there are a LOT of them out there. I have a bunch.

Brands-cuttlebug, spellbinders (reg and 3D), nellie snellen, Sizzix, anna griffith...if you just ask for frame embossing folders they come up.
Darice
Darice - Search - Frame Embossing Folder - Wholesale | Darice

spellbinders-scroll through and you will see them. You will also see a semi new thing where an emboss also cuts out. I have two and it works.

Spellbinders

cuttlebug/cricut has a ton-if you just google frame embossing folders you will see a lot come up...

Also -and I am mad now because I cant put hands on them, there are plastic blanks you use with a folder that will create a blank space in the middle of a cover pattern and therefore create a "frame". I am probably using the wrong name for them.

I found this YT where she is making her own blanks with chipboard and dies-which opens up a universe of choices.

I hope this is the kind of thing you wanted? They come all ways-scrollwork, lines, ornate...

I love EFs! They are so pretty, economical, do most of the heavy lifting for you on design and these guys-you can heat emboss a sentiment in the blank area and it is very pretty.

Note: the Spellbinder 3Ds are not an easy sandwich and you CAN break the hinge. Done that. DO NOT go super tight with them. Better to run them more than once.

Now I have to go find the blanks you can buy. It is annoying me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2019, 03:58 PM   #78  
Proud Fan Club Member

Got it! I was calling it the wrong thing (as usual)

they are out of darice and called Easy frames. You get a bunch of basic shapes to make the open space

Then-and I had totally forgotten about this option-you can create matching/fun envelopes using them-and write the address in the open space.

using these you can do it with any full pattern EF.

Lots of YTs on this-aka partial embossing.

Boy. I hate this swiss cheese brain. pffft.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2019, 04:23 PM   #79  
Proud Fan Club Member

susanbri-
You have a good point! I cant find all white adhesive fun foam in packs. The best price I found was this at Michaels...but you have to glue it. How silly.

Foamies® 12 x 18 Sheet - White

otherwise you can get packs of 10 at SSS and other places.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2019, 04:40 PM   #80  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by joniworxView Post
I would give my eye teeth not to have to generate my own Mr & Mr or Mrs. & Mrs. sentiments. (let alone images???) Just for example! Rarely do I see adoption sets. There are a few, but not all that many. I would love to see a lot more diversity in faith sentiments - Jewish, Muslim, Sikh, Buddhist, etc. We are living in a multi-cultural, multi-faith/no faith world. And it really is time our industry began to catch up with it...please? Beyond Hannukah - Altenew has a few Muslim sets, but not many. I want more to offer my friends and family.

I love QuietFire Designs - and I'd love more calligraphy.

And that's my two cents worth, not adjusted for inflation!
Totally agree with this! I had to buy Hallmark to get Mr and Mr from the signature line. (lovely emboss)

I would love to see more Rosh Hashana/Yom Kippur sets. I have been collecting apples and honey stamps to combine but outside of 1800Dreidel...and I am not wild about a lot of these either. I want more sophisticated ones. And Rubber hedgehog...

1-800-Dreidel - Rubber Stamps, Mounted

https://rubberhedgehog.com/collectio...-rubber-stamps

Glad you guys brought this up!
Reply With Quote Likes