Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-28-2016, 12:41 PM   #41  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 63 Likes on 27 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadsonView Post
I just noticed all of ODB 's stamps for Bible Journaling last night! . I will check out the Facebook page when on my laptop later. On my mini, funny things happen. LOL. Thank you Julie for sharing this information. But...... As you know I am trying to stop buying!,, LOL
Sharon, I know...me too, but these companies keep making such wonderful things- lol!! Hugs and have a blessed weekend!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2016, 09:51 PM   #42  

Woohoo!! I can finally share some Bible Art Journaling!! As I mentioned above, I am on the DT for Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps and today they have released the new Creative Worship Bible Journaling Kit. I created a bookmark/tip-in (since my journaling Bible will not be here until March) along with a card using the stamps.

Here is the bookmark/tip in:
BAJ16_Psalm 119:160 Your Word Is Truth by Julie Gearinger - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
BAJ16_Psalm 119:160 Your Word by Julie Gearinger - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I did not mat it onto other cardstock yet since I may use Washi Tape to insert it in my Journaling Bible when it arrives (that is what a "tip-in" is, I believe :-) )

The card was created with just one of the stamps from the new set, His Word but you could modify the techniques for Bible Art Journaling (although may be too wet of a technique for BAJ- Mixed Media Journal would work :-))
SC576 Lord, I Long to Hear Your Voice by Julie Gearinger - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

The promise in Psalm 119:160 is that God's Word is Truth and every one of His Righteous Judgments will endure forever...

What a comfort that is to me to know that we can fully rely on the Word of God and His Word is Truth!! I am sure this comforts all of you as well- hugs and have a wonderful weekend!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2016, 08:05 AM   #43  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Temptation

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadsonView Post
I just noticed all of ODB 's stamps for Bible Journaling last night! . I will check out the Facebook page when on my laptop later. On my mini, funny things happen. LOL. Thank you Julie for sharing this information. But...... As you know I am trying to stop buying!,, LOL
I bought them all. They are really pretty I'm going to order from Sweet and Sassy next month when her stamps become available. She has a kit available now but I don't want the extras.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2016, 10:56 AM   #44  
Swapper of the Month March 2012

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What fabulous sets! Love the card and the tip in!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2016, 11:34 AM   #45  

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinGoodDeedsView Post
What fabulous sets! Love the card and the tip in!
Thanks Susan!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2016, 11:35 AM   #46  

Quote:

Originally Posted by sillyfillyView Post
I bought them all. They are really pretty I'm going to order from Sweet and Sassy next month when her stamps become available. She has a kit available now but I don't want the extras.
So excited for you! Looking forward to seeing your Bible Journaling with the new stamps- hugs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2016, 01:13 PM   #47  

The February theme is Love and here is the new thread:
Bible Art Journaling 2016- 02 February by Julie Gearinger at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2016, 03:37 PM   #48  
My Pinkie is Inkie in Boxertown

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julie GearingerView Post
Happy New Year!!

The January 2016 theme will be "Promise" or "Promises"- there is no deadline to post to this challenge.

I know a few of you mentioned that you would like to have a technique as well and since it seems as though most of us are just getting started with Bible Art Journaling, I propose that this year's technique option will be "Anything Goes".

Use acrylics, watercolors, Gelatos, pencils, pens- whatever you desire :-) If you need inspiration, Pinterest is a great source as well as our Mixed Media Challenge forum at SCS. I know that I personally do not know what medium I will use until I actually start to design and create :-)

FYI- I am still getting "set up" to journal on a daily basis (I have a new Bible on the way in February just for journaling and I am trying to make a special place in my craft area). If you are unable to actually journal at this time, we would love for you to join in and "chat" so we can encourage each other, share ideas as well as see your art in the gallery when you are able to create:-)

Just a reminder:

We have our own gallery to load our journal pages-
Once you enter the "Upload A Card" click on the arrows next to the windows under "Select Galleries"- in the first window select "Anything BUT a Card", in the second window choose "Books, Handmade Albums and Journals" , in the third window choose "Art Journal Pages" and then a 4th window should appear and choose "Bible Art Journal Pages" .

Also, please use all three of these keywords when you post to the gallery- BAJ16, BAJ1601, Bible Art Journaling (remember to separate each with a comma) and if you have time, please come to this forum to link your journal page so we can be inspired by your work and encourage you with some "love" ...

I am so looking forward a New Year studying God's Word together and seeing how you interpret the "Promise(s)" theme into your Bible Study/Bible Art Journaling!

Hugs and God Bless!
Julie, I have almost everything I need to start journaling. I do have a question on what ink is safe to use. I want one that does not bleed through the page and does not smear when using Accu-gel highlighters. I know that some suggest Stazon, but I have not had a lot of luck stamping with Stazon on regular paper. I appreciate any and all suggestions. Thanks.

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog

I design for Blue Knight Rubber Stamps.
F4A Hostess
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2016, 08:18 AM   #49  

Shirley, I just received the email notification for this comment :-) I know that we discussed this in the General Forum as well but many people have had success with Versafine Black (although I have not tried it yet). Quite a few have also noted Memento Luxe ink but I am not sure if that ink is waterproof (in case you are using any watercolor, etc.) :-)

We are looking forward to seeing your creative worship through Bible Art Journaling!

Hugs and have a blessed week!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2016, 03:22 PM   #50  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Create With Me

Received 179 Likes on 150 Posts

I finally got my very first Bible Journaling page done - and started with January - even though it is now April! The IC challenge was on Journaling - and it was just the push I needed to JUST START!!! It's nothing special but at least I did it - and I'm thinking each page I do will get a little bit better, a little more creative and a little more artistic!

IC539 Inspired to Bible Journal by artystamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes