Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-17-2010, 07:25 PM   #281  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Things to do with your retiring CS

Looking for ideas to use some of your retiring CS? Here are several combos I've been playing with: Formal Flowers - BurgundyBlush & BlueGable by Muffin's Mama at Splitcoaststampers and Formal Flowers - RubyApricot & LilacAmethyst by Muffin's Mama at Splitcoaststampers. The Burgundy is not retiring, but all the other colors are. Enjoy.

Last edited by Muffin's Mama; 05-17-2010 at 07:26 PM.. Reason: typo
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2010, 03:45 PM   #282  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauladView Post
Wow, I've now been referred to as a "malcontent" - thanks. I read these threads with an open mind but usually keep my opinion to myself. Why? Because any voice of dissent is met with an "... if you don't like it, quit." response. I am fairly confident that most of us "malcontents" feel that to contradict the "Pollyannish" attitudes exuded in so many of these posts is an exercise in futility. What's done is done.
No need to quote your entire thoughtful message. I agree completely. Sometimes I feel I'm on a demos-only forum. We may never know just how many share your opinions but don't have thick enough skins to weather the blow-back.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2010, 10:35 AM   #283  
Kookie Creator

Received 279 Likes on 100 Posts
They have broken a PROMISE

This from the mouth of SU:

And I QUOTE: "Now that you've found the perfect stamps, don't forget the perfect colors. With Stampin' Up!'s exclusive collection of coordinating ink, paper, and accessories, you'll always have what you need to express yourself creatively." Winter Mini 2005 page 23

They emphasize the PERFECT COLORS. Yes. EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION. Yes. We took it hook, line, and sinker. They said we would ALWAYS have what we needed. Really? I was so naive then. I wish I could have shouted: ****
Now we have 2 options:
* spend hundreds to stock up on paper and ink so that our $1,000's of other supplies will not go to waste. OR
* Lose a ton of money and let SU stuff go and then spend a ton of money trying to find good stuff somewhere else.

I feel like they are coming in my house and putting my dog to sleep and telling me, "It's GREAT! Now you can get a dog in a trendy color!"

Last edited by TexasGrammy; 05-19-2010 at 11:53 AM.. Reason: Disparaging name-calling against TOS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2010, 10:50 AM   #284  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Short on Supplies

Try it! Order $1000s to stock up on supplies before they run out. I bet that you won't receive even half of what you ordered. I received an email from my demo that some of the paper was out of stock and we would receive textured paper. I am still waiting on ink refills. I was thinking about putting in another order after they announced the retiring stamp sets. I know I won't plan on receiving what I ordered. I placed a large order of what I wanted 2 weeks after the announcement and received all of it. Then decided since I have all the sets of stamp pads, I should order the ink refills because there was no sense in having stamp pads without the refills. So I placed a 2nd order that was large enough to get the Hostess Level 2 set in the new flier. I am still waiting on ink refills. I have only been with SU since October 2008 so I thought the colors wouldn't change and I tried ordering a couple of punches, stamp sets, packs of paper and ink pads with each order that I placed so I have a lot of supplies but didn't have many individual packs of paper. I had the multi-color set and thought I had plenty of time to order to fill out my collection.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2010, 11:11 AM   #285  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

They changed once before ladies...they never said they wouldn't do it again:-/ Does it suck, yea for some it does but it's what it is unfortunately. Please know that while I am sympathetic this topic is been beat to death. They are still SU exclusive colors...just not the same ones they have been for about 5 years.

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2010, 11:42 AM   #286  
Glitter Queen

Yes, Kgeans, I agree with you. I am taking a loss with the many SU items I have - except for stamps which I will keep - and I am selling my SU stuff and starting fresh with a new company. I love SU cardstock quality, but If I can't buy the colors I want, it does'nt matter. I want good basic colors, not exclusive or trendy which I feel a lot of the new SU colors are - not all, but many. So I have relized SU is'nt the best option for my stamping needs and wants. Also, I am more into scrapbooking than cards, so another company is better for me that way too since I feel like SU is more geared to cardmaking. I guess the color change might be better for me in the long run since it got me motivated to change! Just wish I had known it earlier before I bought all my SU inks! An expensive lesson! I know it's just paper and ink, but SU ink + paper = big $.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2010, 11:51 AM   #287  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am so excited for the new colors...the new core colors are simply beautiful and I have no doubt that the new In Colors will be the same. I am sorry you feel that you need to sell everything and go to another company. It seems like that would be more expensive for you to do. There are no guarantees that the other companies once they get a lot of colors will not retire some. I love paper from other places too. I will use others to fill in any gaps I may need to. blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2010, 01:40 PM   #288  
Stampin' Fool

I don't really see how the change affects anyone but the demos negatively. Use what you have, buy something new when you run out. I guess I am not so obsessed on the matchy-matchy thing. I only have a few inks of each color- for example, light pink and regular pink. I don't care what family they are from. I don't care if the paper color is perfectly matched. Pink is pink, you know? If my light pink ink runs out, I will buy a new one. The same, similar, whatever.

Yeah, I am crabby Blush Blossom paper is going away, cuz last year I did a big search to find a good light flesh color (hoping to be cheaper than SU!) and couldn't find one. I guess if the 3 packs I ordered come to me textured, the paper dolls are going to have some skin issues. Or perhaps the back is smooth?

What I really hate is when I finally find a pair of pants I like, only to find out they are no longer available so I can't stock up.

I am waiting for the new SU! cattie to come out so we can have some happier chatter!

Anne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2010, 01:57 PM   #289  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindersView Post
They changed once before ladies...they never said they wouldn't do it again:-/ Does it suck, yea for some it does but it's what it is unfortunately. Please know that while I am sympathetic this topic is been beat to death. They are still SU exclusive colors...just not the same ones they have been for about 5 years.
Yes and I suffered through that change too. The topic beaten to death? I just found out a couple of days ago. I'm nowhere NEAR over it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2010, 03:00 PM   #290  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecheckerView Post
I don't really see how the change affects anyone but the demos negatively. .....

Anne
For those of us who do lots of things for the teachers and scrapbook their kids stuff using the school colors, discontinuing colors that have been around since I first found SU eons ago and depend on those colors, now not being able to get them is a negative! Same for lots of others who have been using the core colors for quite some time. Some colors other companies make, but not all the colors that are going away. Plus, there's the issue of cardstock size and weight. Not all companies produce 12x12 cardstock in those colors and many companies produce "cardstock" that is pretty thin and lightweight - doesn't hold up to 3D projects. SU chose to discontinue a LOT of colors that some of us use a lot of and now can't get elsewhere.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2010, 03:49 PM   #291  

Quote:

Originally Posted by KgeansView Post
Yes and I suffered through that change too. The topic beaten to death? I just found out a couple of days ago. I'm nowhere NEAR over it.
Didn't mean to offend...it's hard on these boards since there is no tone of voice or anything. Again, I said I am sympathetic, I was very upset when I first found out as well. I'm just trying to look at things logically and realistically. There are many threads on/discussing in some form this topic. And unfortunately the change is going to take place, we can't change that. So you made it through the last change...so you can make it through this one..just tying to see the glass half full, that's all. Maybe you'll like the new colors???

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2010, 04:36 PM   #292  
Gallery Gazer

Received 66 Likes on 24 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecheckerView Post
What I really hate is when I finally find a pair of pants I like, only to find out they are no longer available so I can't stock up.

Anne
Well, this is how a lot of us feel about the colors we're losing, LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2010, 04:38 PM   #293  
Kookie Creator

Smile New Colors

Of COURSE I will like the new colors. I like everything SU. I just think it would have been **CLASSY** for SU to continue to offer ink refills even in retired colors.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2010, 04:25 AM   #294  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Of COURSE I will like the new colors. I like everything SU. I just think it would have been **CLASSY** for SU to continue to offer ink refills even in retired colors.
You can still order the reinkers, despite backorders. Also, Ranger makes a product called Perfect Ink Refresher that can be used on any classic ink pad (not for craft ink). You spray it on your ink pad to make it juicier, without adding any pigment.

I don't see this having a big or negative impact on me -- either as a demo or as a stamper. There are a few colors I will be sad to see go, and a few new ones I am looking forward to using.

And the last time I found a pair of pants I liked, I bought four!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2010, 05:02 AM   #295  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

I believe that SU mentioned something about warehouse space limiting what they can stock. I can't vouch for that as I've never been to their warehouse, but that would be a dream come true. I'd be like Charlie when he first saw the Willy Wonka's chocolate factory, LOL.

But on a positive note, I found In Color reinkers from 06-07 at a yardsale for almost nothing recently. I'm sure we'll be finding these reitred color reinkers around for years to come too. ;) The power of the internet truly amazes me sometimes. I'm fairly sure that with enough searching, I could find my old prom gowns LOLOL~ Not that I'd want to. :p

ETA: I bought 4 pairs of jeans when I found a comfortable pair. But my daughter took 2 of them!!!! :o

My brand new blog: Tinkering With Ink
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2010, 07:43 AM   #296  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by babydal57View Post
I believe that SU mentioned something about warehouse space limiting what they can stock. I can't vouch for that as I've never been to their warehouse, but that would be a dream come true. I'd be like Charlie when he first saw the Willy Wonka's chocolate factory, LOL.

But on a positive note, I found In Color reinkers from 06-07 at a yardsale for almost nothing recently. I'm sure we'll be finding these reitred color reinkers around for years to come too. ;) The power of the internet truly amazes me sometimes. I'm fairly sure that with enough searching, I could find my old prom gowns LOLOL~ Not that I'd want to. :p

ETA: I bought 4 pairs of jeans when I found a comfortable pair. But my daughter took 2 of them!!!! :o
It is amazing what you can find online. And having been in retail for the last 24 years, I have learned that nothing is forever. Companies are always changing their lines and products. The deoderant I have used since I started wearing deoderant has been discontinued...I bought a couple to tide me over, and am bummed, but, didn't get all worked up about it. They may decide to bring it back, seen that happen before. If they don't I will survive....it is deoderant....not a major thing. I guess having been doing the job I do for so long that I come to expect that nothing will be around forever and I have learned to adjust and find something else that is fits the bill.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2010, 08:37 AM   #297  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ladies...it sure struck home when the comment was made about jeans...it is so hard to find the right pair...lol. Deb so funny your daughter took some of yours...what a hoot..
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2010, 09:12 AM   #298  

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchickView Post
Ladies...it sure struck home when the comment was made about jeans...it is so hard to find the right pair...lol. Deb so funny your daughter took some of yours...what a hoot..
blessings.
IF my dd took my jeans, she'd start a new fashion trend - wrapping herself with rope to keep them on her. She and her friend could probably fit in them together! (one in each leg!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2010, 12:51 PM   #299  
Rubber Obsessor

Just wanted to give my experience with finding retired colors... When I signed up as a demo last year I was fairly new to SU, but I am a color freak and went on a mission to find every in-color since they started making them in '06/'07 (i think?). Let me say, it didn't take long. In no time I had stamp pads, cardstock and reinkers in every single color. I didnt pay out the nose for them either. Sure - there were a few people thinking they could get away with highway robbery, but I just passed them up and found them somewhere else at a more reasonable price. And those were colors that were only around for a year at a time. The retiring core colors have been around much much longer. Pretty soon, some people are going to start realizing they don't want them after all and out the door they'll go. My prediction is, SU may not sell them, but these colors are going to be around a long, long time.

Oh, and all those retired in-colors I HAD to have a year ago? Haven't even touched 'em. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2010, 07:47 AM   #300  
Compulsive Stamper

Default basic colors

I agree that the loss of Brilliant Blue and some of the other basic colors that are school colors is going to hurt. My cousin used to teach and she has a lot her kids graduating and uses the Brilliant Blue. I don't think we are beating the subject to death because that is what causes change. I am willing to sit back and see how everything works out but if a company does not listen to the consumer then they will be out of business. I own a business and try very hard to keep people happy. I hope Stampin Up does the same.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2010, 11:09 AM   #301  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Actually I am glad that River Rock is coming back. That was and is my most used SU color ever.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2010, 11:31 AM   #302  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by meluvstampinView Post
Actually I am glad that River Rock is coming back. That was and is my most used SU color ever.
I love that color too. It is so beautiful with Purely Pomegranate. Wish that was coming back too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2010, 05:35 PM   #303  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Is Cajun Crisp and Cranberry Crisp the same color?

Does anyone know if 'Cajun Craze' is the "old" in color -- Cranberry Crisp?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2010, 05:44 PM   #304  

Quote:

Originally Posted by mspfdView Post
Yes I know - we got samples of the cardstock in May.
It's very different. Much closer to Really Rust ... kind of a chili colour.

There's nothing similar to Cranberry Crisp ... Cherry Cobbler is more red, less 'dark'.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2010, 05:48 PM   #305  

Quote:

Originally Posted by mspfdView Post
Also wanted to add it's a very nice color! I didn't know what I'd think about it but it's great. Will be terrific for Halloween and fall!!!!!!!!

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2010, 05:54 PM   #306  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks! Sounds wonderful!! From the printed list I have from the internet, it was hard to tell.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2010, 07:26 PM   #307  

Quote:

Also wanted to add it's a very nice color! I didn't know what I'd think about it but it's great. Will be terrific for Halloween and fall!!!!!!!!
I wasn't a Really Rust fan.
And I'm still not sure about Cajun Craze.
Maybe I'll feel more affectionate once my inks arrive and I can start using it. I'll try. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2010, 08:08 PM   #308  
Stazon Splitcoast

I really liked really rust. Hope Cajun Craze will work as well for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2010, 08:29 PM   #309  
Stampin' Fool

I saw a sample of Cajun Craze right next to some Really Rust at my demo's house. While there is an obvious difference when you see them right up against each other it truly seemed to me that Cajun Craze will fill in VERY nicely for Really Rust.

I am just going to use up my Rust, I had bought a new pack of paper in January; but when it's gone I will have no problem using Cajun Craze instead.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2010, 05:15 AM   #310  

Quote:

Originally Posted by basketballmomView Post
I wasn't a Really Rust fan.
And I'm still not sure about Cajun Craze.
Maybe I'll feel more affectionate once my inks arrive and I can start using it. I'll try. ;)
Gail, I wasn't a big fan of really rust either but I am more drawn to cajun craze. I do think I use a lot in the fall and for manly (as if I actually ever made any, lol) cards. I just ADORE it with razzleberry, olive, and black!

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2010, 05:06 PM   #311  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Gail, I wasn't a big fan of really rust either but I am more drawn to cajun craze. I do think I use a lot in the fall and for manly (as if I actually ever made any, lol) cards. I just ADORE it with razzleberry, olive, and black!
Wow...love that color combination. Never would have thought of it. Definitely going to try it.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2010, 11:58 AM   #312  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Can anyone give me the link that shows the new SU in colors? I know what the new core colors look like, but I'd like to see the 2010-2011 in colors. I believe there is a "pear" color that sounds intriguing to me. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2010, 12:20 PM   #313  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrysiadView Post
Can anyone give me the link that shows the new SU in colors? I know what the new core colors look like, but I'd like to see the 2010-2011 in colors. I believe there is a "pear" color that sounds intriguing to me. Thanks in advance!
I don't have a link to the new "in" colors (I'd love to see them too) but I've been told that they are suppossed to be out for 2 years rather than 1 which is really nice.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2010, 12:38 PM   #314  
Polyshrink Goddess

Sneak_peek_samples_US-CAjune2010.pdf (350.8 KB, 241 views)
Hostess_sets_USjune2010.pdf (625.8 KB, 204 views)

The sneak peek link has a few examples and one of them used the pear pizzazz paper. I can't totally tell from the sample about the color, but it'll at least give you an idea.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Last edited by mastersdegree; 06-09-2010 at 12:40 PM.. Reason: Tried to make link hot--wasn't successful
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2010, 12:54 PM   #315  
Kookie Creator

I found this awesome link that lists all the RGB, Hex and CMYK #'s of the new in-colors (and every other color too!) At least it helps to give some idea of what they will be like.

http://stampmonkeys.typepad.com/marn...rgbvalues
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2010, 01:04 PM   #316  
Kookie Creator

oooh! Check it out--I just found this link with color swatch comparisons!
http://stscards.blogspot.com/2010/06...omparison
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2010, 01:43 PM   #317  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by liannallamaView Post
oooh! Check it out--I just found this link with color swatch comparisons!
http://stscards.blogspot.com/2010/06...omparison.html
Nice! Thanks for sharing the link.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2010, 01:49 PM   #318  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by liannallamaView Post
I found this awesome link that lists all the RGB, Hex and CMYK #'s of the new in-colors (and every other color too!) At least it helps to give some idea of what they will be like.

http://stampmonkeys.typepad.com/marn...rgbvalues.html
Wow! Thanks so much for this link, especially for the color codes. I often do digital cards and it's nice to have the font color match the cardstock. You made my day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2010, 12:55 PM   #319  
Insane Embellisher

Thanks for the link. Pear Parfait, Peach Pizzaz -- sounds like a fruit salad. Can't wait to taste them in person!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2010, 03:52 PM   #320  
Inking Addict

[QUOTE=peanut14;16744758]I love that color too. It is so beautiful with Purely Pomegranate. Wish that was coming back too.[/QUOTE

I totally agree:(
Purely Pomegranate has always been my favorite color. I so wish that it was brought back with this color change!

Last edited by sicalauw; 06-29-2010 at 03:53 PM.. Reason: quote
Reply With Quote Likes