Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-11-2010, 05:12 AM   #161  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Fairy Vomit". That is just too funny. But, I have to admit, I love my fairy vomit. But I am one of those that likes purple of any kind, so what can I say? Oh well, I guess I will have to find another favorite, ooh, like Daffodil. Loving that new yellow.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2010, 05:37 AM   #162  
Die Cut Diva

I'm super excited about the new colors! I'm not a demo and have been at this awhile so over time I have gotten all the inks, reinkers and markers including those that were previously retired. My original 48 are still the old style pads. So for me it's just a matter of the 5 new colors and the in-colors as they become available. I can't buy them all at once but will get them over time as I have done with all the others. Hmmm, it appears that I "might" have a serious addiction to ink!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2010, 05:14 PM   #163  
Polyshrink Goddess

Oh wow!!
I checked out this thread because I wanted to see what everyone thought of such HUGE news. I have to say that I was in ABSOLUTE SHOCK when my demo told me the news on Thursday. But now I have had a few days to absorb the news and I think that this is a really great move on Stampin up's part. OK OK OK I will absolutely miss miss close to cocoa, gable green, green galore and a few other colors but... I also lived thru the last color change. May I say that I was devastated that time because ALL my favorite colors with the exception of old olive and mellow moss retired. I stocked up on everything...and guess what, I have never used any of it. I was so shocked when I realized it. The reason is you will all start seeing all the new colors and color combos coming out and it will be new and fresh and exciting. Does this mean I am not going to stock up on my favs...NO WAY! I will be stocking up on close to cocoa etc etc etc for sure...just in case. But I know that with great web sites like SCS I will be able to buy more from someone else a couple years down the road when someone is cleaning out their stash. And if not there are a lot of other companies who will have to have something close to what I want.
I had been noticing that I have not been reaching for a lot of the colors that they have retired in a long long time. These colors are just not in anymore...yeah that means, like fashion give them about 10 years and a close or exact shade will be back. Great, because by then my current stamp pad will be dry and my leftover paper faded.
I too was thinking about the cost of replacing my stash, I am lucky to have bought and kept almost all of the previous in colors ( I love color choices and am a little bit of a hoarder ) just in case I needed them so I will only have to get the totally new colors. Not like 2005 when none of the colors were available until the catty came out and talk about a expense to buy 10+ new colors at once. ( I was a demo then)
SURE, I would love to have ALL the colors be available, JUST in case I wanted to use them, but I know from last time, out of site, out of mind.
I think this will be a new and refreshing change FOR THE MOST PART! Do wish they had a few more purple choices and there seems to be a LOT of reds on the charts that I have seen. We will have to see!!
I also heard that this is not something that stampin up has done lightly, but has been in the works for the past year and a half because they wanted to offer the right colors. If anything, stampin up has a habit of being a little bit slow with change and innovation because they want to make sure it is the right thing for their customers and company. They also have a tendency to want to make sure that quality is up to there standards.
I can't wait, with a little saddness mixed in, to see the fresh and new!
HERE'S TO SOME OLD STANDBYS: GOTTA LOVE YOU MELLOW MOSS, CLOSE TO COCOA, GABLE GREEN, APRICOT APPEAL, GREEN GALORE!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2010, 06:59 PM   #164  
Cardstock Collector

Being a SU girl, 99.9% of my stuff is SU. I was thinking of becoming a demo, so I was doing research about being a demo and found out about the color change before my demo. I am OK with the color change as everything has to change or it dies. There are colors that I won't buy because I just don't like them and wont use them and if a project comes up that I may need them I will go to my upline and ask can I buy a few sheets of that color. I am curious that when I do sign the SU papers and get my starter kit will they send me the pack a paper in the old colors or the new????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2010, 07:00 PM   #165  
Glitter Queen

I wasn't upset about the color change until I read this thread. I have about half of the current stamp pads (only been stamping for about 8 months). But I have started buying the craft ink pads instead. I don't care for a lot of the stamping up stamp sets. I use them in my scrapbooking so I buy a lot of the clear stamps that I see and catch my eye. The regular ink pads didn't work well, but the craft ink worked great! So I was starting to buy them and now to find out they are not going to carry it, it is upsettng. I don't know where to buy quality ink in lots of colors that will work with my clear stamps. I loved the variety colors I could get it in.

Any ideas on where to get ink that will work on the clear stamps?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2010, 07:09 PM   #166  
Compulsive Stamper

For the last 25 years I have supported my husband and kids. All of their hobbies; driving stock cars, streetrods, dance, 4-H, horse shows, drama, FFA, etc. Eighteen months ago I decided it was my time. The kids are off to college and I chose Stampin Up. I have been to class every month and I have spent a lot of money collecting all the stamp pads, ribbon, markers, etc. I was getting close to having enough supplies so I could make any card I wanted to make. I haven't been in it long enough to realize that the colors aren't permanent. I made my daughter's wedding invitations and matching thank you notes in Brocade Blue. My other daughter chose Lavender Lace as one of her colors for her invitations. I was totally shocked to hear that almost all of the Bold Bright colors will be retired. It is too soon to decide what I plan to do. My friends and I have begun meeting 1 afternoon a month and we bring enough supplies for everyone in the group to make 2 cards so it doesn't cost us much. Maybe I will quit attending class and order a few items from the catalog that I really like. With coupons and sales I could buy a lot more from the local stores.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2010, 07:10 PM   #167  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by robinstampstuffView Post
Being a SU girl, 99.9% of my stuff is SU. I was thinking of becoming a demo, so I was doing research about being a demo and found out about the color change before my demo. I am OK with the color change as everything has to change or it dies. There are colors that I won't buy because I just don't like them and wont use them and if a project comes up that I may need them I will go to my upline and ask can I buy a few sheets of that color. I am curious that when I do sign the SU papers and get my starter kit will they send me the pack a paper in the old colors or the new????
Yay, first off congrats, you're going to have so much fun! I'm mainly a hobby demo but I still have fun and I love it! You need to talk to your demo that you're signing up under about when you two can meet and sign. If she has a website I think you should be able to do it online, I did.

I'm really excited about the new colors. I found that even the ones (well most of them) that I was really sad about I didn't use too much when I pulled everything out. I think the new colors look vibrant and fresh and I think I'll use more of them and be more creative! I'm one of those people who does better with LESS choices sometimes so fewer colors may be a good thing for me (I can't believe I just said that!).

Anywho you will get whatever if your starter kit that you pick. You CAN get what SU recommends but you can also pick *most* of your stuff, like the paper and ink pads and stamps so you don't have to get duplicates if you already have something and can get what suits your style. Talk to your demo about it, she'll help you. They just have to be equal substitutions in price. Unless you sign up after July 1 (when the new colors are avaiable) I don't htink you'll be able to order them. So, you may want to wait to sign up until July 1 (if you're like me you CAN'T wait but I'm throwing it out there, haha) OR just get colors that you KNOW will be around, any of the colors that will make it to the new CORE colors.

Make any sense at all? Feel free to ask if you have any questions AND make sure you talk to your demo about it too, she should be able to answer most questions too! Good luck! Maybe we'll see you on the demo side of SCS soon!

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2010, 07:21 PM   #168  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindersView Post
Yay, first off congrats, you're going to have so much fun! I'm mainly a hobby demo but I still have fun and I love it! You need to talk to your demo that you're signing up under about when you two can meet and sign. If she has a website I think you should be able to do it online, I did.

I'm really excited about the new colors. I found that even the ones (well most of them) that I was really sad about I didn't use too much when I pulled everything out. I think the new colors look vibrant and fresh and I think I'll use more of them and be more creative! I'm one of those people who does better with LESS choices sometimes so fewer colors may be a good thing for me (I can't believe I just said that!).

Anywho you will get whatever if your starter kit that you pick. You CAN get what SU recommends but you can also pick *most* of your stuff, like the paper and ink pads and stamps so you don't have to get duplicates if you already have something and can get what suits your style. Talk to your demo about it, she'll help you. They just have to be equal substitutions in price. Unless you sign up after July 1 (when the new colors are avaiable) I don't htink you'll be able to order them. So, you may want to wait to sign up until July 1 (if you're like me you CAN'T wait but I'm throwing it out there, haha) OR just get colors that you KNOW will be around, any of the colors that will make it to the new CORE colors.

Make any sense at all? Feel free to ask if you have any questions AND make sure you talk to your demo about it too, she should be able to answer most questions too! Good luck! Maybe we'll see you on the demo side of SCS soon!
First, Thank you!!
Second, I have gone through all my paper and separated them and I bought the spots so I didn't have a lot of the stamp pads which is good, because now I can select the ones that will need but you get a pack of paper with 3sheets of a color family (of my choice) so I will have extra paper that I "can't" use. (of course I will keep for my purposes) but that really not the point. I would rather get the new colors, then have lots of extra.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2010, 07:31 PM   #169  

Quote:

Originally Posted by robinstampstuffView Post
First, Thank you!!
Second, I have gone through all my paper and separated them and I bought the spots so I didn't have a lot of the stamp pads which is good, because now I can select the ones that will need but you get a pack of paper with 3sheets of a color family (of my choice) so I will have extra paper that I "can't" use. (of course I will keep for my purposes) but that really not the point. I would rather get the new colors, then have lots of extra.
Yeah, I forgot that they gave you the color family paper for the starter kit. All in all it's only about a $10 product so you're not out a whole lot if you can't use ALL the colors. And, it really doesn't take too long to use up three sheets so if you get cracking and crank out the cards you could use it all up, haha.

Which family has the most colors that are staying? I'd probably get that one. Of course you should really just get what you like the most. If you use mostly EE get them or whatever. It's good you have the spots. I'm assuming you have your favorite colors already so I'd get the ink pads that you use the most of (I'd try to match CS and ink to each other of course). Have fun!

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 06:56 AM   #170  
Die Cut Diva

Default I agree!

I feel the same way about having to stock up on reinkers and paper - like we can afford to drop a bunch of money to help lengthen the shelf life of our current ink pads. I will miss Blush Blossom most of all, I think; it's such a pretty shade, and it's perfect for "skintone" looks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitkat55View Post
While I am glad to hear some of the retired 'In Color' shades are returning (Kiwi Kiss?), I am really disappointed that so many of the tried and true colors are retiring. Blush Blossom, Apricot Appeal and Barely Banana???!! What are they THINKING?? Where can we see the list of new colors and returning In Colors?? I guess I'd better stock up on my reinkers and paper. Like I can afford that kind of expense right now. Or maybe I'll just take my business to Papertrey Ink after all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 08:58 AM   #171  

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmoatsmomView Post
I feel the same way about having to stock up on reinkers and paper - like we can afford to drop a bunch of money to help lengthen the shelf life of our current ink pads. I will miss Blush Blossom most of all, I think; it's such a pretty shade, and it's perfect for "skintone" looks.
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread ... Blush Blossom will continue to be offered as a marker.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 09:42 AM   #172  
Die Cut Diva

I did not read that! Thanks for mentioning the Blush Blossom marker. Great to know! ;)
Quote:

Originally Posted by basketballmomView Post
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread ... Blush Blossom will continue to be offered as a marker.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 10:11 AM   #173  
Glitter Queen

I just noticed that there isn't a purple at all in the new color palette.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 10:46 AM   #174  
Stazon Splitcoast

Concord Grape will be a purple..dont you think>? I could be wrong...I was looking at my Welchs concord grape jelly and it is purple....
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 11:05 AM   #175  
Glitter Queen

I don't see Concord Grape in the palette of the new colors - maybe it's a new InColor for the next catalog. The only thing I see close is Perfect Plum and I don't like that color at all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 11:13 AM   #176  

Quote:

Originally Posted by pghgirl1155View Post
I don't see Concord Grape in the palette of the new colors - maybe it's a new InColor for the next catalog. The only thing I see close is Perfect Plum and I don't like that color at all.
It is a new in color, they will be released later on. There is elegant eggplant and rich razzleberry, they are in the purple family.

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 11:47 AM   #177  
Embossing Fanatic

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by PBakerView Post
This is not a true statement. I have seen and heard lots of non demos post positive things about the color change. But, I do agree that a lot of,if not most demos are excited about this. We have seen some training videos and webinars that are posted on the SU demo site that explains the entire one and a half year process that they went through to overhaul the color line. They did countless hours of reasearch into color by using SU customers and demos in focus groups. They also talked to their artists and looked at color trends in fashion, home decor as well as paper crafting. They of course also looked at the sales of their products. And frankly, the colors that are gone were colors that WERE NOT SELLING! These decisions were not made overnight but rather they were carefully chosen by Customers, demos, artists and Shelli. And yes, this was a much needed overhaul of the colors and yes I am a demo.
Thanks for the extra info. It helps to quell my fear that SU! might change colors again in a year or two once they see how these collections pan out. It is good to know it was an extensive process.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 11:51 AM   #178  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by thriftygrannyView Post
At least I found out about the clearance sale early enough to get most of the buttons! But If I had know about this I probably would have ordered other things instead. I did go through my inks because at one time I had gotten many of the old in colors. I have several that are being brought back so that is nice. No more waiting for a good ebay auction to try and get cardstock! LOL
Me, too! (proud owner of all the clearance buttons!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 05:01 PM   #179  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by CLOcardsView Post
Me, too! (proud owner of all the clearance buttons!)
My order came today and I'm very happy with all the buttons! Retired or not this was a great deal.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 06:20 PM   #180  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by pghgirl1155View Post
concord grape? That doesn't fit with SU's alliteration names. ;)

I bet it;s beautiful though, I picture a deep, purple with red tones.

Join us for VSN - Frozen
Mini Nov 7, Main Dec 12 & 13.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 06:56 PM   #181  

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdelleView Post

I don't think I'm supposed to name the color since it's not been "released" yet but it's slightly incorrect...the real name will fit with the alliteration...although as someone pointed out CHerry Cobbler really doesn't, hehe

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 07:35 PM   #182  

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindersView Post
I don't think I'm supposed to name the color since it's not been "released" yet but it's slightly incorrect...the real name will fit with the alliteration...although as someone pointed out CHerry Cobbler really doesn't, hehe
I'm not sure that Chunks of Cherry would be nearly as appealing a name! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 07:37 PM   #183  

Quote:

Why not? LOL!

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 07:52 PM   #184  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

ROTF LMBO!!!! You ladies are a riot!

Join us for VSN - Frozen
Mini Nov 7, Main Dec 12 & 13.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 08:02 PM   #185  
Cardstock Collector

Default Colour Palette

I am really excited about the new available colors. I can't wait to try it on my projects.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 08:07 PM   #186  
Cardstock Collector

I am addicted to blush blossom marker.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 08:19 AM   #187  
Die Cut Diva

Received 483 Likes on 171 Posts

Of all the colors retiring, I've used about 6 of them in the past year! About 20 of them I've never used. I'm the sort of gal who has to have every single thing....so I've got every pad, re-inker, marker etc. Over the past 4 years, I've used about 10 of the colors that are retiring. I think the color renovation is totally due. Some colors going I don't understand but, I hope the new colors will fill in the gap.

We are all one child spinning through Mother Sky. (Shawnee proverb)

My little blog: http://mypaperantics.blogspot.com/

My Webshots albums:http://community.webshots.com/user/stampinusa[/url]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 08:55 AM   #188  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 488 Likes on 307 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdelleView Post

Okay, let's play.....It could be Grimacing Grape, Goofy Grape, glimmer of grape(that would have to a very light purple don't you think?), Great Grape, Graceful Grape, Gaping Grape, GirlyGrape.....ok,,,,I'll quit now......

Card Sketch Challenge 1-227 done only 396+ to go to be caught up!!!!!

-90 and sweating

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 10:04 AM   #189  

Quote:

Originally Posted by c-mouseView Post
Okay, let's play.....It could be Grimacing Grape, Goofy Grape, glimmer of grape(that would have to a very light purple don't you think?), Great Grape, Graceful Grape, Gaping Grape, GirlyGrape.....ok,,,,I'll quit now......
I know the answer ... so I'll give you a hint. It's got "Concord" as part of the name.
And it's not Concord Chunks

Although I really like Glimmer of Grape. You should email them that as a suggestion for their next light purple colour!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 10:18 AM   #190  
Matboard Maniac

Default SU In Colors

It's Concord Crush. It sounds like soda we had when I was a kid. Orange Crush and I think there was a Grape Crush.

Last edited by peanut14; 04-13-2010 at 10:18 AM.. Reason: type
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 10:19 AM   #191  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 48 Likes on 17 Posts

Quote:

I know the answer ... so I'll give you a hint. It's got "Concord" as part of the name.
And it's not Concord Chunks

Although I really like Glimmer of Grape. You should email them that as a suggestion for their next light purple colour!
From what I have seen on the web, if you can imagine the crush of grapes in the wine/juicemaking process, you might be on to something...
Founding Member of the Punchkateerz - "You don't have to be crazy to be one of us, but it sure helps."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 10:55 AM   #192  
Hardware Hotshot

I'm very loyal to SU too. I won't miss many of the colors that are leaving, but I think they put the ax to way too many...29???, come on!

I will stock up on a few colors, but it's hard decide on how many packs of paper and do I get reinkers too? I don't have any reinkers at this time.

I'm loving the sound of the incoming in-colors!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 11:03 AM   #193  

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allistamps123View Post
I'm very loyal to SU too. I won't miss many of the colors that are leaving, but I think they put the ax to way too many...29???, come on!

I will stock up on a few colors, but it's hard decide on how many packs of paper and do I get reinkers too? I don't have any reinkers at this time.

I'm loving the sound of the incoming in-colors!
I'm thinking that it would have cost more in the long run to do it bit by bit AND what happens when stuff costs the company??? WE as the CUSTOMERS pay MORE! So, I'm all for it (I too agree it was pretty drastic and feel for all those who are upset, I was too the beginning) if it keeps costs down. And from the look of it we are going to get a TON more accessories...and I'm hoping more stamps too!

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 11:14 AM   #194  
Cards for a Cause Challenge Hostess

I am luvin the new color changes, I have no ink, markers, or paper from the old Bold Bright color family, just not my thing. I luv wild wasabi, so I was so happy!
I do have a question and or pass on for those of you at the top of the ladder with SU, I would luv to see them make textured paper an option. I rarely use SU paper anymore because it is not textured, Bazzil and Prism win out for me.
thanks *~*
designing for
verve stamps, sunday stamps, inspired by, and as you see it challenges
AMAZON shopping

Philippians 4:6-7

Looking for a place to send your stash of cards? Check out Cards For A Cause
Help US Help Others!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 11:20 AM   #195  

Quote:

Originally Posted by va.sunshineView Post
I am luvin the new color changes, I have no ink, markers, or paper from the old Bold Bright color family, just not my thing. I luv wild wasabi, so I was so happy!
I do have a question and or pass on for those of you at the top of the ladder with SU, I would luv to see them make textured paper an option. I rarely use SU paper anymore because it is not textured, Bazzil and Prism win out for me.
thanks *~*
I LOVE the new brights collection! I never used them (except for few colors now and then) before and the new ones are so fun and bright and modern!

And a lot of us demos are crossing our fingers for single packs of textured CS as well!

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 11:24 AM   #196  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

thanks *~*
SU does sell textured paper in the family catagories. I have them. Of course I guess it is what kind of texture you want.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 11:36 AM   #197  
Cards for a Cause Challenge Hostess

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampin granny60View Post
SU does sell textured paper in the family catagories. I have them. Of course I guess it is what kind of texture you want.
I want single packs, there are lots of colors I do not use...thanks! *~*
designing for
verve stamps, sunday stamps, inspired by, and as you see it challenges
AMAZON shopping

Philippians 4:6-7

Looking for a place to send your stash of cards? Check out Cards For A Cause
Help US Help Others!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 11:49 AM   #198  
Die Cut Diva

Colorbox chalk ink pads work good with the cheap clear stamps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 11:53 AM   #199  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

I want single packs, there are lots of colors I do not use...thanks! *~*
I here ya, and I am with you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2010, 12:41 PM   #200  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by hquinzelleView Post
I am just happy that Rich Razzleberry is staying. I think I use that color on every single card I make right now!
Me too!! I'm using Rich Razzleberry for my October wedding and am SUPER pumped that it will still be around!!! Yay
Reply With Quote Likes