Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-08-2010, 06:11 AM   #81  
Insane Embellisher

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrysiadView Post
Has anyone noticed that most, if not all, of the positive reactions to the SU renovation are posted by SU demonstrators? I feel bad for them, because SU is doing too much at once and may alienate customers who relied on the continuity of the SU line. I for one, am not at all happy with the retiring-unretiring-retiring cycle. Time for me to shop elewhere.
This is not a true statement. I have seen and heard lots of non demos post positive things about the color change. But, I do agree that a lot of,if not most demos are excited about this. We have seen some training videos and webinars that are posted on the SU demo site that explains the entire one and a half year process that they went through to overhaul the color line. They did countless hours of reasearch into color by using SU customers and demos in focus groups. They also talked to their artists and looked at color trends in fashion, home decor as well as paper crafting. They of course also looked at the sales of their products. And frankly, the colors that are gone were colors that WERE NOT SELLING! These decisions were not made overnight but rather they were carefully chosen by Customers, demos, artists and Shelli. And yes, this was a much needed overhaul of the colors and yes I am a demo.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 06:24 AM   #82  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by nancmeView Post
Thanks Kjpp. I too am glad they are bringing back some of the colors-River Rock, Riding Hood Red, Pacific Point and Baja Breeze just to name a few. When they mentioned in this new year-(Aug 2009) to save some of the papers and that some of the colors may be coming back, I just set some of those aside. Since I make cards for me sometimes, I can use any colors I want. It's only at my workshops that I can't. No big deal, my ladies go home and play with their own colors anyway after learning the technique or layout. I guess I'm just not a soft subtles person. But I have to wonder about Daffodil Delight-isn't it just the same as the 'something' Morning we had a few years ago? I'm sure their reason for deleting the other colors had to have something to do with sales on those colors-if they aren't selling, stop carrying them. It only makes sense.
Oh, no Daffodil Delight isn't the same as Marigold Morning...it's a very soft, buttery yellow. Marigold was brighter, more saturated. I am looking forward to using Daffodil Delight and all the other new colors as well as combining the old In Colors that are being reintroduced with current colors. I just made a card that used Soft Suede, Rich Razzleberry, Baja Breeze, and Pink Pirouette...oh, my, it's a GOJUS combination!

I had to giggle over the thought of "rehashing" old colors. When you come right down to it, you've got red, blue, yellow, orange, green, purple, brown, black and white and variations thereof. There isn't really a way of inventing anything new, since every color is a variation of those 9 colors...if you look at it that way, every color is a "rehash".;)

I know there are some people that say they prefer PTI because they "never" retire anything. But you have to remember that they are a fairly young company, and if something stops selling well for them, they will probably also make the business decision to retire it. If they don't, they put their business on an unsound footing and risk losing it. SU! is 20 years old...and they are still here because every 5 years or so, they freshen up their offerings.

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 06:41 AM   #83  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanTInkView Post
Oh, no Daffodil Delight isn't the same as Marigold Morning...it's a very soft, buttery yellow. Marigold was brighter, more saturated. I am looking forward to using Daffodil Delight and all the other new colors as well as combining the old In Colors that are being reintroduced with current colors. I just made a card that used Soft Suede, Rich Razzleberry, Baja Breeze, and Pink Pirouette...oh, my, it's a GOJUS combination!

I had to giggle over the thought of "rehashing" old colors. When you come right down to it, you've got red, blue, yellow, orange, green, purple, brown, black and white and variations thereof. There isn't really a way of inventing anything new, since every color is a variation of those 9 colors...if you look at it that way, every color is a "rehash".;)

I know there are some people that say they prefer PTI because they "never" retire anything. But you have to remember that they are a fairly young company, and if something stops selling well for them, they will probably also make the business decision to retire it. If they don't, they put their business on an unsound footing and risk losing it. SU! is 20 years old...and they are still here because every 5 years or so, they freshen up their offerings.
I had to giggle at this Jan because I was thinking the same thing. Someone on another thread said that PTI will never retire anything and when that statement was questioned, that person said "I asked PTI and they said that AT THIS TIME there were no plans to retire anything" Somehow that person understood "at this time" meant NEVER! PTI is 3 years old and I am sure it is a very fine company with wonderful products to offer but I can tell you that they will at some point need to retire some colors and products. All companys do this. It keeps things fresh and pulls in new customers because it creates excitement.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 07:36 AM   #84  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haved to say that I am nervious about this. I'm not a demo and have been building up my SU collection for 1 1/2 years. Not having a lot of money I don't have all the standard colors yet. I just ordered all the Soft Subtles and with so many retiring I'm looking at a lot of money to try and get the ink refills, markers, and cardstock before most of those colors are gone. i'd like to see the transition happen over a little bit longer period of time. It would be nice to at least complete the colors that I have.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 08:24 AM   #85  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by thriftygrannyView Post
I haved to say that I am nervious about this. I'm not a demo and have been building up my SU collection for 1 1/2 years. Not having a lot of money I don't have all the standard colors yet. I just ordered all the Soft Subtles and with so many retiring I'm looking at a lot of money to try and get the ink refills, markers, and cardstock before most of those colors are gone. i'd like to see the transition happen over a little bit longer period of time. It would be nice to at least complete the colors that I have.
My sentiments exactly. I began to build an SU core color inventory gradually. I would spend moderate amounts monthly, eg. paper one month, ribbon the next, etc. Now I find that I have to invest a lot of money by July 1 to complete color sets that I thought were permanent. Perhaps the changes would be easier to swallow (and afford) if SU had eliminated 2 colors a month rather than so many at once. Coincidentally, Soft Subtles were my favorites, but unless I win a lottery, I will have an incomplete set.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 08:32 AM   #86  
Glitter Queen

At least I found out about the clearance sale early enough to get most of the buttons! But If I had know about this I probably would have ordered other things instead. I did go through my inks because at one time I had gotten many of the old in colors. I have several that are being brought back so that is nice. No more waiting for a good ebay auction to try and get cardstock! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 08:52 AM   #87  
Rubber Obsessor

Just wanted to say that I am very excited about the new system and new colors! I can't wait to see them in person!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 10:21 AM   #88  
Stazon Splitcoast

I love all the colors...the more the better...I will stock up on all my favorites that are going bye bye...usually I get at least 5 packages of things I love before they go away..more reinkers will be coming my way too...I guess I better get going and do a large order soon. I have all the retired in colors and have at least 5 packages of each of them...oh except Cool Caribbean..I have 11 packages of that....wish it would have come back too.
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 10:22 AM   #89  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamping TeacherView Post
LOL! I definitely sold all of my retired In Color ink pads (and most of my paper) to make room....

I am interested to see what pinks (real pinks) will replace the pinks they are dismissing... I love pink!

I think the changes could be fun. It'll be interesting to see what color schemes, etc. will be showing up on cards. We can think of it as a color challenge!

I inadvertently did the right thing with the In Colors. I rarely bought the pads, must the reinkers. But, I did stock up on my favorite colors of paper. Some of them are back to stay and I'm happy. : ) Now, I guess I'll buy the pads.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 10:29 AM   #90  
Cardstock Collector

I just want to say that I spent a lot of money to match these colors...including copic markers. I've been stamping for about 5 years and have built up my collection from stamping up. Now my husband has been laid off and money is tight. Was this really the best time to a major color change? Not everyone can afford to just buy more stuff. I have become really tired of the attitude from stampin' up.
Thank you for listening..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 11:00 AM   #91  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kath99View Post
I just want to say that I spent a lot of money to match these colors...including copic markers. I've been stamping for about 5 years and have built up my collection from stamping up. Now my husband has been laid off and money is tight. Was this really the best time to a major color change? Not everyone can afford to just buy more stuff. I have become really tired of the attitude from stampin' up.
Thank you for listening..
The attitude of SU? What attitude is that? That they took almost 2 years to research this? That they have product that is NOT selling and they want to replace it with products that have a proven record of selling very well? Why is it that you think that SU is doing this as a slap in the face to you? They are a business and as a business they are making a good, sound business decision that they have throughly researched not only within the company but with demos and CUSTOMERS too! That's right they did use actual customers in their research. SU is in business to make money and in a poor economy I think this is exactly the boost that is needed to bring in more sales. I am sorry that financially that you can't get every new thing that SU offers right now, neither can most people but you can get the things you want over time or better yet, hold a workshop and get them for free! Funny, I don't see anyone complaining about PTI's "attitude" when they come out with all new stamps or paper and ink colors every single month. Nope, no one complaining about that one but just let SU come out with some updates and all of a sudden they are bunch of greedy jerks that don't care about anything but making money!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 11:16 AM   #92  
Forum Fanatic

Tricia, it's not really "free," even if you have a workshop. Way cheaper than buying, yes...but not free. You still have tax and shipping. Plus, that means SOMEONE is buying. As for PTI coming out with new colors, why would anyone complain about that? Had SU just ADDED colors, it wouldn't be such a stink. A demo is not supposed to show retired things; now all of a sudden 30 out of 48 of their colors are obsolete. I think that stinks for a demo. For me, it's frustrating that I JUST bought the spots and was starting to work on the refills and paper, and now I won't have the time to get all the ones I wanted (because I can't afford to get them all right now and they will probably run out before I can get them). But I am more concerned for my friend who is a demo and owns all of the inkpads etc...
I can't believe ALL of those colors were such poor sellers that SU had to retire them. Some of them, sure.

On another note, does anyone else think it's funny that Old Olive is suddenly a "bright" now?!
ETA You'll need a new Color Coach, too...

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right�--Lincoln

Last edited by nottoocreative; 04-08-2010 at 11:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 11:32 AM   #93  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by nottoocreativeView Post
Tricia, it's not really "free," even if you have a workshop. Way cheaper than buying, yes...but not free. You still have tax and shipping. Plus, that means SOMEONE is buying. As for PTI coming out with new colors, why would anyone complain about that? Had SU just ADDED colors, it wouldn't be such a stink. A demo is not supposed to show retired things; now all of a sudden 30 out of 48 of their colors are obsolete. I think that stinks for a demo. For me, it's frustrating that I JUST bought the spots and was starting to work on the refills and paper, and now I won't have the time to get all the ones I wanted (because I can't afford to get them all now). But I am more concerned for my friend who is a demo and owns all of the inkpads etc...

On another note, does anyone else think it's funny that Old Olive is suddenly a "bright" now?!
More demos are excited about this than not, based on the SU demo site and the SCS demo forums. It was long overdue in my opinion. The SU colors were starting to look tired and based on sales a lot of other people thought so too. The colors that are leaving had, to quote SU, "abysmal sales". Why should SU keep producing and stocking product that just sits on the shelves and takes up space? If these colors were selling this wouldn't be happening. And no, I wouldn't expect people to get upset over PTI coming out with new product but I also don't get why when other companies do things to boost sales and get more money it is great until SU does it and then they are evil and greedy and doing this because they have a horrible attitude. And just to note... I have nothing against PTI I was just using them as an example. I think they have very nice stamps. paper, ink and accessories. But I don't think it is fair for someone to say they are sick of SU's attitude when they don't know what all went into the decision making process that has taken place over this change. It would be a little silly for SU to sit around and say "let's see how mad we can make everyone today"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 12:26 PM   #94  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by nottoocreativeView Post
Tricia, it's not really "free," even if you have a workshop. Way cheaper than buying, yes...but not free. You still have tax and shipping.
Just to possibly correct you - there is no shipping or tax on hostess benefits as long as you're within your allowance based on workshop sales (even then, you only pay shipping and tax on the amount over the allowance), at least in Canada. Is it different in the US?

Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 12:28 PM   #95  
Matboard Maniac

I, for one, am so happy that I have all the retiring colors and I don't have to stock up on cardstock because I do not make just monochromatic cards. I will still be able to use my pale plum ink with perfect plum cardstock and banana with reds and browns. I will still be able to use those colors with other colors. I hate to see so much negativity, it is such a drain on good energy, especially creative energy!

Marie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 12:34 PM   #96  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by mginkerView Post
I, for one, am so happy that I have all the retiring colors and I don't have to stock up on cardstock because I do not make just monochromatic cards. I will still be able to use my pale plum ink with perfect plum cardstock and banana with reds and browns. I will still be able to use those colors with other colors. I hate to see so much negativity, it is such a drain on good energy, especially creative energy!

Marie
Me too, me too!!! I am one happy demo. I will use my old stash to make cards that I sell and buy all new stuff with that money.

Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 12:42 PM   #97  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbedwrightView Post
Can someone give me a link where NEW colors are added or reinstated? I saw Kiwi, razzleberry, baha, and pirouette? Which others?

Also, are the 10/11 IN color names posted, too?

I cannot believe 30 of the 48 colors are retiring! WOW! I can hardly wait to see the whole new line up!
Here is the new line up : http://paperpleasing.typepad.com/my_...-in-love-
Old 04-08-2010, 12:57 PM   #98  
Embossing Fanatic

I don't see any flesh tones in the new color lineup. Am I missing something? :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 01:15 PM   #99  
Stazon Splitcoast

May be the new In Colors will have a flesh tone, but as of right now, nope, there are none :(
Old 04-08-2010, 01:19 PM   #100  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmwjbwView Post
I don't see any flesh tones in the new color lineup. Am I missing something? :(
SU will continue to carry the blush blossom marker
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 01:28 PM   #101  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by PBakerView Post
More demos are excited about this than not, based on the SU demo site and the SCS demo forums. ....
It could be that only the demos that like it are posting since I know from experience how slammed a demo can be by voicing any dissenting comments towards anything SU does. Maybe the bulk of those who don't like it simply are trying to save themselves from hateful emails/PMs/comments on the threads by not posting their feelings at all. Demos can be incredibly snippy and downright rude and nasty to another demo who doesn't like something SU's done and dares to voice their opinion publicly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 01:54 PM   #102  
Stazon Splitcoast

I dont worry too much about what others might say to me but I do love the new color pallete that SU is offering. I am a hobby demo but still buy everything is sight..I just dont do workshops any more. I love other companies papers, inks and ribbons oh and stamps too....blessings.

Last edited by Jeanne S; 04-08-2010 at 05:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 04:54 PM   #103  
Glitter Queen

Appears to be quite calculated.

Quote:

More demos are excited about this than not, based on the SU demo site and the SCS demo forums. It was long overdue in my opinion. The SU colors were starting to look tired and based on sales a lot of other people thought so too. The colors that are leaving had, to quote SU, "abysmal sales". Why should SU keep producing and stocking product that just sits on the shelves and takes up space? If these colors were selling this wouldn't be happening. And no, I wouldn't expect people to get upset over PTI coming out with new product but I also don't get why when other companies do things to boost sales and get more money it is great until SU does it and then they are evil and greedy and doing this because they have a horrible attitude. And just to note... I have nothing against PTI I was just using them as an example. I think they have very nice stamps. paper, ink and accessories. But I don't think it is fair for someone to say they are sick of SU's attitude when they don't know what all went into the decision making process that has taken place over this change. It would be a little silly for SU to sit around and say "let's see how mad we can make everyone today"
Hope it works out for SU. To do what appears to be a TOTAL REVAMP in this economy is quite risky. I agree that a "GRADUAL RENOVATION" would have been more in keeping with a good business plan, but for those who only have a life of "scraps", I guess "time is of the essence!"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 05:30 PM   #104  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by geogymnast82View Post
It could be that only the demos that like it are posting since I know from experience how slammed a demo can be by voicing any dissenting comments towards anything SU does. Maybe the bulk of those who don't like it simply are trying to save themselves from hateful emails/PMs/comments on the threads by not posting their feelings at all. Demos can be incredibly snippy and downright rude and nasty to another demo who doesn't like something SU's done and dares to voice their opinion publicly.
I think you are right. Demos don't want to "rock the boat". It's just hard to keep up when there have been so many changes in the Stampin' Up! world (not saying they are bad changes, mind you). I am loyal to SU and will remain so but don't know how I'm going to replace all that stuff. Customers will buy but they want to see it demonstrated first. Anyway, I thought that was why they started the In-Colors...to introudce new colors while having a consistent base.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 06:01 PM   #105  
Embossing Fanatic

I assumed the In Colors program was a 'cheap' way to research potential new colors before committing to them.

I'm not terribly excited by the new color lineup one way or the other. I am disappointed that Blush Blossom and Creamy Caramel are gone. I like them for the paper dolls I make...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 06:21 PM   #106  
Full of Malarky

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Jan...... I'm one of those weird folks that liked Yo Yo Yellow!!;) Is Daffodil Delight much lighter?. I know it's hard to describe.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 06:32 PM   #107  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamelodgeView Post
Thank you for answering my Questions. Mostly good changes a few colors are a bummer but..... Change is good.
They also said they would send out stickers to put on your pad so you can still demo that pad...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 06:45 PM   #108  
Stazon Splitcoast

Poor SU. They are darned if they do and darned if they don't.

Can you imagine the uproar if they didn't warn us ahead of time??!!! That's the way it used to be. It retired and tough luck. And you can't warn people a year in advance or risk losing their sales. They are a company in it to pay wages and make money.

I'm a little more than a hobby demo. Am I sad about losing colors? Sure! I love Barely Banana!! But, there are far greater things to worry about in life.

People like to pick on SU. I get that. The majority of the other companies out there wouldn't be in business if it wasn't for SU in the first place.

I prefer to be positive, be thankful for all the things that I have in life rather than whine and complain.

And for those that are that upset, you can just send all your retiring cardstock to me. ;) Just kidding!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 06:51 PM   #109  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Has anyone noticed that most, if not all, of the positive reactions to the SU renovation are posted by SU demonstrators? I feel bad for them, because SU is doing too much at once and may alienate customers who relied on the continuity of the SU line. I for one, am not at all happy with the retiring-unretiring-retiring cycle. Time for me to shop elewhere.
I'm just a customer and I'm very excited about the color overhaul. The old palette was just looking "tired" to me. I considered buying all of the colors last year, but really felt like they would be revamping them in the near future. Glad now that I waited. I'll still use my old supplies until I use them up. I loved some of the in-colors the last couple of years and bought them even though many people said not to. I've found with scrapbooking that it is a "fashion-forward" industry. Things are constantly changing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 07:19 PM   #110  
Compulsive Stamper

Really unhappy!

I just started the hobby (18 mos.) and so far have collected all of the stamp pads and markers. I am in need of paper. Working on wedding invitations in Lavender Lace. Just did wedding invitations for my oldest in Brocade Blue. Did matching thank yous with the leftovers. I had planned 1 more order before the new catalog came out. I hope taxes don't hit me so hard that I can't stock up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 07:47 PM   #111  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by debzi333View Post
Jan...... I'm one of those weird folks that liked Yo Yo Yellow!!;) Is Daffodil Delight much lighter?. I know it's hard to describe.
Yoyo Yellow is kind of a cold yellow, if that is possible. Daffodil Delight is a warm soft yellow...like a butter yellow. Slightly oranger than Barely Banana, but still yellow. Not as toned down as Saffron. It's really pretty. Really. I'm in love with it already, LOL!

Cherry Cobbler is a very rich red, darker than Real Red. I can't wait to use it for Christmas Cards!

Marina Mist is like a lighter version of Ballet Blue. It will be great for kids cards and summer cards and spring cards and snow cards...oh my!

Early Espresso is a dark rich brown, like coffee grounds.

Crumb Cake is, as you know, Kraft renamed.

Cajun Craze is oranger than Really Rust, it reminds me of the color of cayenne pepper. It's going to be great for fall cards.

I have seen the cardstock samples for all of these. I was at Dawn Griffith's downline meeting on Wednesday night with Shelli Gardner there and she had the color chart she used for the webinar with her so she let us pass it around. The PDF file of the color chart is all very well, but there is nothing like seeing the colors in person! Of course, they were only 3/4" punched circles, but I still got a good idea of what they looked like!

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 07:52 PM   #112  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrew overtonView Post
Ah well never mind thank goodness i have moved on and away and i can use whatever pine green i like, i guess its what you call a Stampin Up clanger.
Just so you know...when you make disparaging comments so frequently about SU it's obvious...you have NOT "moved on". You may (or may not) be using SU products, but you are very bitter about something. This behavior makes it hard for people to take you serious.

FYI, I have seen the colors and they are very on trend and will fit in the color line nicely.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 08:03 PM   #113  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbedwrightView Post
Still no news about next years IN colors, though, right? Just checking!
Yes, SU will still do the In Colors. They will come out with 5 new each year. By NEXT year they will have 10 current In Colors. (5 will rotate in AND out each year..leaving 10)
To clarify, the 2010-2011 year will have only 5.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 08:04 PM   #114  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by geogymnast82View Post
Or maybe it's like I said and there are more demos that are excited about the change than not.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 08:11 PM   #115  
Kookie Creator

Exclamation LOve my Ink SPOTS

I wish that they had been offering the blank ink spots so that I could make spots with the in-color re-inkers I bought. I have some full size pads, but really, really prefer my spots (and have all of them _craft and classic).

Hope they DO decide to offer us blank spots TOO!
SharonK-MN

Quote:

The craft spots will continue to be offered. The full-sized craft pads will only be available in Whisper White, Very Vanilla, and Basic Black. You will still be able to buy the refills in any color AND in a future mini catalog, they say they will be offering blank full-sized craft pads so that you can make a full-sized pad if you wish.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 08:25 PM   #116  
Cardstock Collector

I think it's really exciting to see SU! making some major overhauls to their product lines. Dies, Vinyl Decor, Charm bracelets, cling mount stamps ...and a new color lineup! WOW!!

With the continual growth and usage of the internet and social media there is a lot of competition for the attention of the customer, who only has so many dollars to spend. I see/get notified of new products ALL THE TIME via the social networks I'm on and the blogs I read. Numerous companies offer new products on a monthly basis. That's hard to compete with. So as a business I think they needed to freshen up fast. And from where I'm standing I think they're doing a good job of it (I'm only a customer, not a demo).

Also, perhaps all the raw emotions stirred up by this change stems from the emphasis SU places on making their demos and customers "part of the family".
Using SU! stuff makes people feel connected to one another. Makes you feel more vested with them, more loyal. But no matter how you look at it, SU! is a business, so decisions have to be made based on what will keep them running.
Just my thoughts as I was reading this thread.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 08:42 PM   #117  
Crimping Master

I for one am super happy about this change, I was getting a little bored with the colours and now I can hardly wait to get my hands on them! And I do have to agree with the poster who mentioned how SU! is damned if they do and damned if they don't. The same "people" who loved to bash SU! about being stale are now bashing that they didn't do the change the right away.

As a demo I'm not worried about getting the new colours. We still have plenty of colours to demo while you build your collection again. It's not that hard to figure out.

And just to clarify. Kiwi Kiss is NOT in the new line up, sorry to dissappoint, But it looks like there will be a light green in the new In Colours...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 09:17 PM   #118  
Crimping Master

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadyLaneView Post
I'm just a customer and I'm very excited about the color overhaul. The old palette was just looking "tired" to me. I considered buying all of the colors last year, but really felt like they would be revamping them in the near future. Glad now that I waited. I'll still use my old supplies until I use them up. I loved some of the in-colors the last couple of years and bought them even though many people said not to. I've found with scrapbooking that it is a "fashion-forward" industry. Things are constantly changing.
ShadyLane I am just a customer too and I too am very excited about this change. I agree with you the colors were getting old looking. I love that they have some more up to date colors. Can hardly wait for the design papers in these colors.
Lois:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2010, 03:07 AM   #119  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Or maybe it's like I said and there are more demos that are excited about the change than not.
Just like I'm sure that "more" demos who were new demos were excited when SU retired sets in their starter kits within no time at all after becoming demos, and "more" demos were excited when SU changed their IDA. Oops, my bad...if you look at many personal websites of demos who weren't on design teams, their personal websites are in violation of the new IDA and their posts on public forums regularly rave about competitors and include links (as opposed to the "incidental" way that SU talked about being okay). So, maybe a lot don't care about SU retiring a ton of colors because they'll continue using them in workshops regardless of any rules, as "many" use competitor products similar to what SU has because they don't own the SU version. Just like those demos who were already selling current SU products that were soon to be retiring from their stash as cash and carry, or selling consumables as cash and carry. I know a lot of very nice, play by the rules demos who went out of their way to make changes when SU changed the rules, but I know an equal number who don't care about the rules because they do what they want anyway, so I'm sure no matter the change SU makes, those demos won't care because they won't follow it anyway.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2010, 03:35 AM   #120  
Polyshrink Goddess

I am very disappointed Stampin' Up is discontinuing quite a few of there lighter colors. I think this is going to be a big mistake. What colors will we use for spring cards? Orchid Opulence, Lovely Lilac and Lavender Lace ... I guess no more lilac blossoms for me.

Sage Shadow, Pale Plum and Mellow Moss were great colors for sympathy cards. I think the new color pallete has too many dark colors.
Reply With Quote Likes