Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 02-19-2011, 04:10 PM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default rotten luck

I've been reading about the $5 JoAnn's coupon, but I didn't have a flier for this week. I've been to JoAnn's twice this week. When I got home from there this afternoon, the flier was finally in my mailbox.....but the $5 coupon ends today. I live 30 minutes from J's, so it's not worth making another trip there. I was disappointed, even though most of their products were already on sale.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Mad Swapper

Received 495 Likes on 164 Posts

Oh, that stinks.

I went in to use mine today on a scrapbook magazine that was $6.99. When I got to the register I was told all magazines were 10% off, so I couldn't use the $5 off coupon. Never mind that there were NO signs in the magazine area telling me of the 10% off...
Mad Swapper

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You're luck was not so rotten, because everything papercraft related was already on sale. The Cricut stuff was not on sale, but the Cricut sections in my stores has been wiped out for weeks now. I emailed Joann's regarding putting out a great coupon and not having hardly anything that's not on sale to use it on. I dislike Joann's!!!
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got one of these coupons a week or so ago and ended up not using it. To find something worth buying in the store that costs $5+ that isn't on sale is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. I got another coupon mailed to me that is good for this week or the next.. it'll probably go unused as well.

Auntielauri,,, I had hoped to get a magazine as well but our store had the 10% off signs all over the place, and the stamps were already on sale, so it was a bust.

~ Pam

--English writer G. K. Chesterton (1874-1936)

~*BLOG*~
Die Cut Diva

Received 159 Likes on 99 Posts

I used mine on a $5 children's book and another with 40% coupon - two books for $3. I donate quilts and books to a shelter, so I love when I can save $$$! LOL

Vic
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Everything was on sale at mine too. I wanted to get a Cricut cutting mat, but there weren't any left. I ended up using it for those twistable crayons to put in ds's Easter basket - only 99 cents for them after the coupon.

Of course most everything at AC Moore is on sale this week too since they have a 55% off coupon.:(
Polyshrink Goddess

You know I can't understand why companies put out this kind of coupon. All it does is annoy customers. Let me tell you my story. I live in Canada so Jo-ann's is about an hours drive from here plus whatever time you need to spend at the border. Went into Jo-Anns on Thursday coupon in hand. Yep, nothing much to buy especially in the papercraft section. I found a set of scrapbook sleeves (K and Co) on a shelf where there was a sign 40% off ALBUMS. The sleeves were underneath that and apparently not on sale? Dream on. I lined up with my $5.99 purchase and my coupon for at least 10 mins. Got to the cashier and she jubilantly announces that this is on sale for $3.59 (40% off)! So, of course, I couldn't use the coupon. Back to the drawing board!! I spent at least 15 mins looking for something to buy and there was nothing. So I asked for the manager. I asked her what could I buy with the coupon. The answer? Fabric or storage items or books. She took me over to the books. I felt really bad because this woman had some kind of neurological problem causing her to shake. I never raised my voice but I told her that the coupon was insulting to regular customers and that there was nothing in the papercrafting section to use it on. Then she got mad at me and began to shake even more. I felt terrible but it wasn't my doing, it was Jo-ann's. Anyway, she finally said she would override the purchase and give it to me for the 99cents. So, she bought goodwill for the company for $2.60 ($3.59 - .99). Of course, I felt like 2 cents cut in half!
Stazon Splitcoast

It is TOTALLY a sales gimmick to me!!! They figure that if you go in there with a coupon in hand, you'll see all the stuff you originally went in for being on sale and buy it anyway. They want you to spend more time in the store looking to see if there's anything you need that isn't on sale to use that coupon on, hoping you'll spend even more money while you're browsing. To me, it really isn't any different than any other store advertising a HUGE sale and marking the original prices up (changing the tags on the shelves so you don't know any different) so you think you're getting a deal but you aren't by much. Stores make a HUGE killing off stuff like that! This is pretty small but over time it adds up....I once bought something in a large chain store (not mentioning any names here...lol) that the shelf price was .99. When it rang up at the register....it was 1.00. Granted, I get that it's only a penny but if you think of how many other things they do that with...it adds up. I guess they figure you won't argue over a penny. KWIM
Rubber Obsessor

I'm so happy my Georgetown Michael's took my 50% Mike's for a new paper pack and the $5 JoAnn's coupon which I used on MS punch that was then 1/2 off.
Pearl-ExPert

I intended to use my $5 coupon on a magazine as well but I found out at the register that they were on sale 10% so I couldn't use the coupon. There were NO signs near any of the magazine racks. I refused to buy that magazine at almost full price so I walked to the back of the store & found some pretty crochet trim. With coupon I paid .99
Joann's really needs to do better with posting sale signs. I think I need to send a message to their corporate office or contact the store manager.
Compulsive Stamper

I got 2 of those coupons and ended up getting a 3 pack of the double sided tape for only 99 Cents twice!
Pearl-ExPert

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

I went over to the quilting section and bought a Fons & Porter white-lead refillable pencil (with 10 refill leads). Do I quilt? No, but that pencil works so fine for marking on dark paper and it erases better than a regular pencil. I got the idea from Jenn's Creation Station blog, from her video of some of her favorite tools.

I actually prefer when all the papercrafting items are on sale and I don't have to mess with the coupons at all; but it took me a while to get myself out of the mindset that not using a coupon is somehow wasting money.
Kookie Creator

I agree with most all of the posts about Joann's, I was able to use my 50 % off and $5.00 on getting the ottlite lamps I have been wanting. Was able to scarf up the pocket one on this last coupon. I wouldn't be suprised to see a sale of some sort on them next time I shop. lol We had a lengthy power outage and I make sure the ottlite battery is always charged wonderful to have.