Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-18-2011, 10:17 AM   #41  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
We can't delete posts, only edit. The mods delete if you ask them. It's okay. We've all done duplicates at one time or another, I would guess. I know I have.
Thanks muscrat! I feel pretty stupid right now, and so I really appreciate your kind words.

Regarding Michael's Copics, I did just receive a coupon for 20 percent off starting tomorrow. That would rein in the incredibly high price Michael's charges, though it would still be over a $1 more than what I would pay if I just exerted a little patience and bought them online. Unfortunately, I'm not very virtuous. ;)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2011, 12:57 PM   #42  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,901 Likes on 2,174 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by rspetersenView Post
Thanks muscrat! I feel pretty stupid right now, and so I really appreciate your kind words.

Regarding Michael's Copics, I did just receive a coupon for 20 percent off starting tomorrow. That would rein in the incredibly high price Michael's charges, though it would still be over a $1 more than what I would pay if I just exerted a little patience and bought them online. Unfortunately, I'm not very virtuous. ;)
Yeah, I know. I hope I can be patient and buy one at a time with a 40-50% off coupon. I was good the other day and only bought one, but it helped that I couldn't remember which ones I already had and didn't want to bring home a duplicate at that price! I'll just print off a coupon each week I guess. Plus I think they still take ACMoore coupons so if I have 50% at ACM and only 40% at Michaels, guess which one I'm using that week? ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2011, 01:18 PM   #43  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Yeah, I know. I hope I can be patient and buy one at a time with a 40-50% off coupon. I was good the other day and only bought one, but it helped that I couldn't remember which ones I already had and didn't want to bring home a duplicate at that price! I'll just print off a coupon each week I guess. Plus I think they still take ACMoore coupons so if I have 50% at ACM and only 40% at Michaels, guess which one I'm using that week? ;)
Print out the list of M's Copic colors and circle the ones you already have and put it in your purse. That's what I did.

I just popped in and bought V17. I was going to stop on my way back home for another one....but it is blazing hot. I might go out after 8 tonight for a cup of *bucks and a Copic....my two vices. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2011, 02:08 PM   #44  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebiscuitscrapsView Post
Print out the list of M's Copic colors and circle the ones you already have and put it in your purse. That's what I did.

I just popped in and bought V17. I was going to stop on my way back home for another one....but it is blazing hot. I might go out after 8 tonight for a cup of *bucks and a Copic....my two vices. LOL
Well I only had 9 and the colorless blendor so it was just as easy to write down the ones I had. I bought Y11 to go with my Y15. When I started buying, I bought all different colors, not realizing you needed several colors in a family for blending and shading. I have this little booklet I carry with me that lists my nestabilities, punches, Tim Holtz distress inks and embossing folders so I don't buy duplicates. I just added a page for copics.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2011, 03:43 PM   #45  
Cardstock Collector

Great news Michaels has about 70 sketch markers you can print the colors from Michaels web site. Cost is 6.99 but with coupon 3.50. They are in the front of the store. You might find sets in the Art section.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2011, 05:14 PM   #46  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmk1View Post
Great news Michaels has about 70 sketch markers you can print the colors from Michaels web site. Cost is 6.99 but with coupon 3.50. They are in the front of the store. You might find sets in the Art section.
I just picked another one up tonight with 50% coupon. They are in the art section in my Michaels.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2011, 08:40 PM   #47  
Pearl-ExPert

They are at Michael's in Canada for $10.99. Total rip off, I wouldn't pay that kind of money for them. They only had about 8 colors in stock anyway.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2011, 08:51 PM   #48  
Matboard Maniac

I bought BV08 yesterday, V17 this morning and V12 this evening...used 50% off for each...$3.79 including tax. Not bad. Just filling in.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2011, 09:00 PM   #49  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 242 Likes on 129 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by rspetersen
Oops! Sorry, this is a duplicate. I'm new and can't figure out how to delete it. If someone will tell me how, I'll be glad to delete this. Thanks!
Quote:

We can't delete posts, only edit. The mods delete if you ask them. It's okay. We've all done duplicates at one time or another, I would guess. I know I have.
Indeed this is true! We all understand the accidental duplicate. Please do not give a 2nd thought. All is well. So glad you're here!
;) ~Bev
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2011, 07:16 AM   #50  
Kookie Creator

Won't Michaels return it or exchange it if you get a duplicate??? They are usually good about that!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2011, 07:26 AM   #51  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ridiculously ObsessedView Post
Won't Michaels return it or exchange it if you get a duplicate??? They are usually good about that!
They probably would, but if I can get the right thing in the beginning, I don't have to worry about returning things. I don't go to Michaels every week. And I ONLY go with a coupon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2011, 11:09 AM   #52  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by BethyblueView Post
They are at Michael's in Canada for $10.99. Total rip off, I wouldn't pay that kind of money for them. They only had about 8 colors in stock anyway.
Poo-eee!!! I was waiting to see if anyone spotted them out in western canada yet and what the prices were gonna look like! Even with the bother of making sure I have a coupon, that is still $5 something a marker! What a rip - oh well, guess I will just have to continue to resort to buying online!
And really, I don't know what I possibly need another one of these markers for anyways, I apparently have more than I don't have...no idea how that happened?!?!?!? Bwahahahaha!!!!

I procrastinated about buying the actual compressor, bought the smaller version, never used it (LOL) and then the larger version, never used it (LOL) and then decided I wanted the compressor (which might I add, I have just started using!!!) I love what you can do with the airbrushing!!!!

Last edited by Jeanne S; 06-22-2011 at 05:21 PM.. Reason: removed stuff for sale
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2011, 06:05 PM   #53  
Mad Swapper

Love my Copics! Not sure if I will try buying them at Michaels. I hate to pay $6 plus. ICopic and Dick Blick usually have the lowest prices.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2011, 04:06 PM   #54  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jennifer RView Post
Knowing the Michaels in Canada they'll probably be double the price of what I can get them for at other stores. Even with coupons up here I can buy a ton of stuff cheaper at the LSS.

I get my Ciaos in Canada at Curry's Art supply for $3.50ish each
The Michaels in the US is double the price too. I just found out that they were selling Copics and needed to get a refill for my airbrush system. I really didn't notice until I got home how much I paid for the 180 refill. $24.99!! That's double the price online. I'm taking it back and ordering online. And to get the pens themselves you have to take a ticket up to the counter to get the one you want. I'm sticking with Dick Blick for my Copics.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2011, 12:56 PM   #55  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by bella013175View Post
Poo-eee!!! I was waiting to see if anyone spotted them out in western canada yet and what the prices were gonna look like! Even with the bother of making sure I have a coupon, that is still $5 something a marker! What a rip - oh well, guess I will just have to continue to resort to buying online!
And really, I don't know what I possibly need another one of these markers for anyways, I apparently have more than I don't have...no idea how that happened?!?!?!? Bwahahahaha!!!!

I procrastinated about buying the actual compressor, bought the smaller version, never used it (LOL) and then the larger version, never used it (LOL) and then decided I wanted the compressor (which might I add, I have just started using!!!) I love what you can do with the airbrushing!!!!
At the Michaels in Abbotsford, BC the copics are $6.99 - not $10.99 as in Ontario. I wonder if they goofed? Anyways, with a 50% coupon it is not too bad.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2011, 01:53 PM   #56  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by BethyblueView Post
OneCrazyStamper.com is the best place to shop from Canada I find - the copics are reasonably cheap & you aren't punished for the shipping rates (as you are with any American shops that actually do ship to Canada). Also, you get your product really quickly which is nice when all you want to do is colour! ;-)

Altho I am always looking for better deals if anyone else has a hidden gem and wants to pass it along....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2011, 07:24 AM   #57  
Cardstock Collector

our local lss sells them for i think it was 7.99 each :O/ i thought hubby would really enjoy them as he is a free hand artist, but the price...... and mikes in regina and saskatoon...... well :O/ bought the file box there for that system they carry for organizing your room, making your table etc etc......... 1.5 yrs still no file folders to buy to add to the whole 4 that came with :O( so i have a feeling i will not see copics and if we do, the coupon probably won't be good for them...... does this curry's in on do mail order??? :O)
thanx
blessings
Reply With Quote Likes