Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 11-24-2011, 01:46 PM   #81  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by yooper46View Post
Very sad for such a great person. Does anyone know what the web site address is now for actually buying stamps? I just love their stamps.
It is still the same. You can sign up for their newsletter before you buy and they'll send you coupon codes and sales information.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Gabfest Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got home from holidays and found this thread. This is so sad that someone could be hampered from doing what they love. I have a lot of Faith's early cards in my favourites and often admired her new stamp sets. I never did get around to ordering any as I found many of them to be very similar to both Flourishes or Crafty Secrets in subject matter but released after I had already bought the others. I regret this now as I won't have that opportunity. Where ever you are Faith, if you end up reading this blog, I wish you well and hope your decision brings you peace of mind.
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by nillysilly_ol'bearView Post
oh my gosh, this is just horrible!
my family has been targeted by actions such as this, which is why I left Facebook after only a month of being there. it just wasn't worth it and the troubles it caused for my family. you can't even begin to imagine the anguish it causes and how far reaching it can be. my prayers go out to Faith and her family. I am more sorry than words can say to hear that someone as nice as she has been the target of such cruelty.

nice matters, folks. plain and simple. and we need to share kindness whenever we possibly can. you never know how someone might be hurting and we don't even know.
Oh Jennifer, I have to agree about Facebook. It just keeps getting worse. I have less than 60 friends and they are actually people I know well enough to keep. I am totally amazed at the info some people will share with their "friends" And so many young people are a predators greatest wish come true. I really like your last statement. Words to live by.
Matboard Maniac

I only know of Faith through her beautiful work here and such kind, thoughtful and encouraging comments to others that posted their own work here - I think she was "Markie's Mom"? It is sad that her world that she loved so much has taken such a hit because of cyber bullying. I will also keep her and her family in my prayers.

But I also have a question - I obviously don't understand 'cyber bullying' or just how it becomes so bad that it can cause such pain and trauma in someone's life. Please don't misunderstand me here. I am just asking if someone can explain what "cyber bullying" is all about and how it can cause such harm without authorities being able to do something about it.

Again, my sympathies to Faith and to her family and friends. I know this art community will miss her as Markie's Mom.

Hopefully she can create a new identity when she is up to it - and once again come to enjoy to practice her love of stamping and creative paper arts and share with the rest of us - without more harm coming to her.

Blessings -
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cindy LittlerView Post
Oh Jennifer, I have to agree about Facebook. It just keeps getting worse. I have less than 60 friends and they are actually people I know well enough to keep. I am totally amazed at the info some people will share with their "friends" And so many young people are a predators greatest wish come true. I really like your last statement. Words to live by.
Facebook has to be one of the most pathetic sites online. My kids got me to sign up but same as you my "friends" are friends I email anyway. I get these notices all the time that just because someone knows one of my "friends" they might like to also be my friend. Grow up, what are we back in grade 3. I am also amazed at the things people reveal about themselves online. What I don't understand is cyber bullying. Can't you just obstruct people you don't want reading your personal stuff, or change your access to shut them out. the other thing is if it's cyber they can't actually hurt you or your family so if something is on your computer you find offensive just hit delete. I must be missing something here.
Insane Embellisher

Smile Faith...

Hi. I was reading the thread, and this is when I heard the news. I really admire Faith for so many reasons. I would just like to point out that we only have the information that she left on her last post. And, that guessing, or suggesting more than what we know is her truth...isn't going to help the situation at all. She was hurt by people on the net. I would just like to suggest that trying to guess what may or may not have happened, or what state she may or may not be in, may hurt her feelings more.

I would like to suggest we:
1.) Stick to the facts.
2.) Send her a card of friendship...without prying, if you have her addres
3.) Most importantly, pray for peace to come over her and hers.

I do not mean to sound condemning. I hope no one minds my sharing my thoughts. Thanks for considering what I have shared.

He IS Able!
Traci S.
Matboard Maniac

Traci
Thank you for your gentle reminder. There is most likely much to her story and that is personl. I agree that surrounding her and her family in prayer and love is the best and most important thing any of us can do. I, too, had to leave a professional career I dearly loved about 15 years ago. The speculation and rumors that followed were almost worse that the difficult decision to leave my career. What I did learn is that the majority of those people did care, guess it I just human nature to want to understand "why" and so easy to forget how our comments and actions can impact others in unexpected ways. I hope we can all find ways to support and encourage her in what ever way is comfortable for each of us.

Blessings
Compulsive Stamper

Hi Did a little research on the net and The Heinrich Company was incorporated on October 31, 2011 by her husband Mark so don't let the words fool you. she still hand in the business. Whatever the business she is doing. This is public record for the state of Florida, Duvall County. Jacksonville, Fl.

If she was bullied. then I feel so sorry for her. If she wasn't this its just sad cry which from what I hear has happened time and time again.

She does beautiful work and I admire her talent. But the need for attention is a bit much.

Anna Zuniga
http://stampanna.typepad.com
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow, thanks for the info!
Gabfest Goddess

Wow, that is interesting. Not what we were lead to believe at all!
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampannaView Post
Hi Did a little research on the net and The Heinrich Company was incorporated on October 31, 2011 by her husband Mark so don't let the words fool you. she still hand in the business. Whatever the business she is doing. This is public record for the state of Florida, Duvall County. Jacksonville, Fl.

If she was bullied. then I feel so sorry for her. If she wasn't this its just sad cry which from what I hear has happened time and time again.

She does beautiful work and I admire her talent. But the need for attention is a bit much.
This is a pretty serious statement. Do you have a link or links to the research you did on the web? I tried to do my own search, but couldn't find anything (maybe I do not know how to search).
Stazon Splitcoast

Okay, through more extensive searching, I came to this website:
Duval County Tax Collector
clicked on "local business tax", then under "Please enter a Business Name", I entered "heinrich". It only lists Mark J Hofrichter under "Mailing Address".

It doesn't necessarily mean that Mark is the current owner. Maybe at that point he was only in charge of taking care of the incoming mail or whatever. Also, I have the impression that Faith said SHE was withdrawing from everything; she never gave me the impression that her husband was also going to drop everything too. If anything, it would make sense to me that after she withdraws, her husband might become more involved to make up for the loss of talent and energy that Faith had previously contributed. This whole second paragraph is NOT fact; it is just me thinking (typing) out loud.

edited to add: She DID say that the new owner would make sure that none of the employees would lose their jobs. Maybe her husband was also an employee?
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampannaView Post

You are absolutely right! Here is a link to the official document that it is, in fact, still run and owned by Faith's husband.

www.sunbiz.org - Department of State

I design for Heartfelt Creations,
The Stamps Of Life
Chat Box Chicks Princess

I find this all very interesting. In response to SophieLaFontaine's post.....I can't imagine a husband taking over a stamp business and the wife not having a hand in it at all. Seems kind of odd to me. Also, not sure how many "employees" a stamp company would have. I honestly don't think that many stamp company owners have "employees". Just my two cents though.
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by hobbywomanView Post
I find this all very interesting. In response to SophieLaFontaine's post.....I can't imagine a husband taking over a stamp business and the wife not having a hand in it at all. Seems kind of odd to me. Also, not sure how many "employees" a stamp company would have. I honestly don't think that many stamp company owners have "employees". Just my two cents though.
Very interesting indeed! ;)

The Stamps Of Life
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampingoutView Post
You are absolutely right! Here is a link to the official document that it is, in fact, still run and owned by Faith's husband.

www.sunbiz.org - Department of State
Wow, you are much better at searching than I am!! After reading your link, I had to google "fictitious business name".
I can imagine Faith withdrawing entirely - her withdrawal was just so.... complete - no more cards, comments, blog posts... nothing; not a peep! I can imagine her husband taking over, if only the business aspect of it, especially if he's been helping her all along and knows what needs to be done. I can imagine him having at least two or three employees: an artist, a website manager, and shipping and handling person.
But...maybe I'm wrong and Faith does still have some input into the company. I'm sure with her husband in charge, that option will always be there. Maybe she has healed enough to have some input into the company yet not enough to jump all the way back in, with cards, blog posts, etc.
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe they sold the name of Mark's Finest papers and then bought it under the new name. or resigned the new name to the business.

This way any problems they had before would have been resolved.

Doing Business under a new name would solve that problem. I have no answers to why things were done.

Spoiler

Chat Box Chicks Princess

I pulled this from the beginning of the thread -

"I want to explain that I have been cyber bullied to the point of leaving the internet blog word, the stamping community, and pretty much anything that has to do with anything that made me happy in the past.

In addition, the stress of the situation has caused my health to deteriorate to the point that I have to stop working. My entire life has been shattered. I am tired. Just tired. The situation got so far out of control that I had to take charge.

I have sold my company to an investment group. The head of the group, Mr. Heinrich, is a well respected Christian man in the community. During negotiations, he made sure that all the people involved with the company would have jobs. And, his company brings more investment capital, an entire crew of illustrators and a whole new face to the company. I know that you will love everything they have coming out. They are good people. I do not have a job at the company. I will not be a consultant. They felt it was better that I take care of my health and not be involved with the company. I agreed.

This was the most stressful time in my life. I have survived breast cancer, ovarian cancer, watched my mother die, had my best friend killed in a car accident, buried a child and the child's father. However, nothing, and I repeat nothing, compares to the pain, agony, sleeplessness, and terror I have had to suffer."

If indeed she did "sell" the company to her husband...why not be up front about it? Why call him "Mr. Heinrich"?

Makes no sense to me, I just really hope that her cyber bullying has ended.
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm so confused now. Does Mr. Heinrich, the well-respected man, actually not exist? I found three Heinriches in Duval County (while I was trying to find what Emily actually found). Does Mark actually own an investment group?? Was she just trying to give the cyber bullies the impression that she was gone for good?? I hope the bullying has ended as well!!!!!!!
Stazon Splitcoast

I don't know Faith and didn't really "follow" her, and I think cyberbullying is simply appalling in any form.

But ~ I find it odd that she would publicly share so much of what is apparently deeply personal. I just think the first lesson you'd learn if you were cyberbullied would be to not share so much.

So. . . she's prompted a lot of speculation and curiosity, whereas if she had simply sold the business and moved on, no one would be discussing her and her private affairs.

I find the handling of the entire thing very peculiar.
Rubber Obsessor

With everything posted it does look confusing. Hypothetically - with that said, if she was cyber bullied and the only way out was to "remove" herself from any point of continued attack and wanted the cyber (where the attack came from) bully to know and/or think that she was no longer a viable target in any way, it would make sense to do what she did - TELL the cyber world what she did (so the CYBER bully would see it and know), as in the above post from her. She would cut off all avenues of possible attack routes and remove herself from any areas or reasons to (whatever they were) and hope that they (cyber bully) would tire, lose interest, no longer have her as a focus, have no avenue for info on her, etc. and no longer wish to do so and move on. While possibly truely "out of it" and healing but her family retaining interest and/or control in any investment group. There are "silent" partners and such and she did say that "Mr. Heinrich"/investment group gave "much needed capital".

This is pure speculation on my part. But, if it is anywhere near the truth of the situation and not knowing who the cyber bully is, could we be possibly helping reignite the problem by trying to solve the mystery? Could the cyber bully be reading about any "discoveries" we make and start to dig into the mystery also so that the bullying can resume? I don't know maybe I have been watching to many mystery shows on TV, but I wouldn't want to add to her distress.
Stazon Splitcoast

I think there are two sides to every story, and I suspect that there is more to this than meets the eye.
Pearl-ExPert

Nancy, I agree with you. This whole story is so far out there, I am confused, just trying to put it all together. But I am going to say this, I'm not wasting my time or energy trying to tape this all together. I have better things to do. So whatever her situation is, I wish her the best, and I'm leaving all of this alone.
Stazon Splitcoast

Smart move, Karen. I believe others have pieced some things together. Let's just hope it all resolves appropriately for the parties involved.
Rubber Obsessor

I do not know Faith personally, but did follow her work here on Splitcoast and ordered from her company a few times before it sold. I always enjoyed reading her posts and the Speedy the Cat stories and seeing her beautiful creations. No one can embellish like she did and her signature dots always seemed to make the card that much better. When I try that most times it looks like a disaster I did not hear about her last blog post until I saw it on here. I am not going to speculate on what may or may not have happened with her company, or if she made the whole thing up for some reason. I just found it very sad that whatever happened to her made her give up something that she obviously loved and was extremely talented in. I am thankful for the inspiration that she gave myself and others, (I have many of her cards in my favorites!) and I will miss pulling up the gallery and seeing the "Dots" card that just popped out at you, and the kind words that she always had for others. I wish her and her family the best in whatever they may be going through, and hope things work out for them. God Bless!
Embossing Fanatic

Faith your talent was awe inspiring!!! I am so sorry that this has happened to you. I think when these bullies are doing these things it is because of jealousy of your talent. I am so disgusted that this is most likely an adult who knows better!! Grow up and get a life!!! Faith worked hard for all she had!!! I want you to know Faith that I may not know you personally but I will lift you up in prayers and I pray that the Lord surrounds you with so much positivity and love!!!!
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToyView Post
Thanks so much, Diane. I totally agree. We need to show Faith that she has people who care and are behind her 100%
Gosh, I've been away for a few weeks & I come back to read what went on with Faith. I'm totally shocked that people are so mean. She was such an inspiration to many of us & I'll miss seeing her beautiful creations.
I'll be happy to send a card or two to Faith, if someone can pm her address I'll appreciate it.

Thanks,
Connie
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm way behind the times here. Was thinking that I haven't checked out Faith's blog lately and, in looking for it, found this thread and the whole sad story.

Has anybody heard any updates on her? Wondering how she is doing a few months down the road. Like so many others have said, she was such an inspiration and so kind on so many levels, it is just so unthinkable that someone could be so mean to her. It had to be pretty bad for someone who has survived so much adversity in life to feel she had to take such drastic steps.

I hope she is healing.
Mad Swapper

I just saw this thread today, and I'm so sad to hear what's happened. I always enjoyed Faith's work, and wondered why I hadn't been seeing anything in the gallery from her. I hope things change and she will come back eventually - if anyone is having any contact with her, please pass this on - although I didn't "know" her, seeing her work daily was always inspiring. My thoughts are with her and her family.

Full of Malarky

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Subbing

Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to okstamper

This just sickens me to no end. How can anyone do such harm to a wonderful person as herself as Faith. My sister told me about this and I am just shocked. We live in a cruel world and a broken one too. I havent been on here regularly but when I was, I was always greeted with respect and everything. I loved her talent. Everyone will miss her very much....I know I will.
Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkgirl76View Post
I am so sick and saddened to read this.

Faith was one of our first TGF Farmers and she is so talented and has such presence on SCS. Regardless of how we all know her or how well we know her, this is all too common nowadays w/ this cyber-bullying stuff.

I would love to know what gives a person the right to hide behind their computer screen in all of their cowardice and terrorize another human being. I don't know the details, but I am praying for Faith and her family. What a terrible thing to have to encounter.

Faith- if you are reading this please know that I am thinking about you and that NO ONE deserves to have their peace of mind stolen from them because the internet makes it all too easy these days. Your SCS friends support you, I know they do!

Jessica
My Blog~Bonnie's Creative Corner
Every Job is a Self-Portrait of the Person Who Did It.
Autograph Your Work With Excellence.~Author Unknown
Stazon Splitcoast

Okay...I have no clue if she was really being cyber bullied. If she was, that is horrible.
I will tell you that there is a lot more to this story then what is being told.
I think people should know the truth. Plain and simple.

Here is a link to Aislinn Adams blog. This lady used to write botanical articles for The Washington Post. She was extremely upset to find out that someone had taken her lovely magnolia image, without her permission, and turned it into a stamp set. When you click on the link above, you will see that beautiful magnolia image I speak of. Now look at the stamp set below.

You can see that it is the very same image. When I was notified of this, I was stunned to say the least. I used to be on the design team. I did a little research, and in minutes was able to find many of the stamp images I had been using , on many other artists sites. I took kit upon myself to contact some of these artists. Sadly, I found out they were never informed their work had been made into stamps for this company.

I could link up many of her older sets with links to artists work. I think this one example is enough to maybe shed some light on why she removed almost her entire stamp inventory, deleted her personal and company blog posts, and told everyone the company had been sold to a fictitious person.

This all came to light in the fall. Half of her DT resigned in the fall. If you click on my SCS gallery or my blog, you will notice there is no sign of anything related to this company. I designed for this company for almost a year! I deleted it all, as advised by an attorney. A very sad situation for all involved.

I know there will be hard feelings involved in the posting of this. I am sorry, but I honestly feel that people should know what is really going on.
Attached Thumbnails
Mark's Finest Papers Sold!-magnolia-wedding.jpg  

The Stamps Of Life
Stazon Splitcoast

Emily, thank you so much for posting this. I have also seen many of the links to artwork that was taken and in some cases slightly modified and used by MFP.

As a stamper and as an artist, especially, I was deeply offended to see that this was taking place.

I am so glad that you were able to contact artists, and in such a reasonable, articulate and straightforward manner share this information here. It is a brave thing to do! I know because I had not yet worked up the courage to do it myself.

You also were directly involved with this business and it must have been very unplesaant for you to have had any association with it after discovering the plagiarism.

I honestly feel so relieved that you have brought this into the open. And I hope it helps to know that I'm sure there are others who will feel the same.

Kudos to you, Emily, for speaking up.
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Just a policy reminder - our site posting rules prohibit making another member the subject of a negative post.

Please be sure your comments comply with our rules.

Thank you.
Chat Box Chicks Princess

Anyone else receive an email????
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Yes. :rolleyes:
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

An email? About what?
Speedy the Cat did WHAT?

Hello,
I want to thank the well wishers on this thread. Thank you. Your concern is evident and appreciated.

I left SCS, �blogland,� and pretty much every other aspect of stamping for the reasons that I addressed on my final blog post. Numerous people were harassing me and my child. They would not stop, even after I LEFT! They continued harassment in other ways including posting messages here on SCS, sending packages of filth and feces to my home!

Supposition is just that. It�s a guess. It�s not fact. Stating something is a fact is NOT proving it is a fact. And by saying you are PROVING a fact is not actually proving it. Partial information and misinformation do NOT prove anything to be true.

Mark Hofrichter is my husband. He is the Registered Agent for the Owner for an absentee owner of the Heinrich Company. That does not mean that I am the owner. I am NOT the owner. It means Mark Hofrichter is the Registered Agent for the owner.

Rubber stamp companies use clip art, royalty free images, and the like. They also purchase, PRIVATELY, images from other artists. This is not supposed be public knowledge. This is PRIVATE. Comments made about images that were part of the Mark�s Finest Papers line are not fact. They are supposition. Private agreements are not going to be shared in this public forum. Private is that. Private.

Someone pointed out that I shared too much on my blog. I agree. I have learned my lesson. I don�t tell anything to anyone unless they are a proven friend. Sharing confidences with people who claim to be your friends is not a good idea. Unfortunately, people who I thought were my friends are not my friends.

Again, thank you to the well wishers. I miss stamping. However, the harassment is literally killing me. My health and the well being of my family is in jeopardy every day that someone continues to harass me or them.
Faith Hofrichter

Last edited by markie's mom; 03-01-2012 at 12:05 PM..

Thank you for responding, Faith.

Now that we have an official response from your company, we can close this thread and get back to stamping!

If there are communications which violate our Site Posting Rules - located here Splitcoaststampers Site Posting Rules - please report them to me via PM.

Thank you.