Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-16-2008, 07:47 AM   #81  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jthomanView Post
a scrapbooking store in Lemoyne near the JoAnne's. I was only in it once and it was about 4 years ago, so first, I'm not sure if they are still there and 2nd, I can't remember what all they had!
Stamp Express is still open...located in the Farmers Market building, you have to make sure they are open the day you go. They have summer hours.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:53 AM   #82  
Insane Embellisher

I love Stampede. Janie & the girls are great. They are friendly and helpful too. I can't get there often and when I need something they mail it to me. I sure hope they stay open. It would be sad if they ever closed. Stop in and browse the store if you are ever in the area.

Kim

Member # 24813
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2008, 03:46 PM   #83  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you so much for all the Hbg stores. I look forward to visiting ALL of them. I went to my local Amish store this past weekend and got some great deals. It's a small little place but she always seems to get new items in that I can't resist.

Stampin' UP Demonstrator
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2008, 04:43 AM   #84  
Glitter Guru

An idea for those of you who are more familiar with stampede. I've been in a few times, but never went to the MNT's or classes. I know they have a room, do you think they'd let us do an SCS get together there? Being 32 weeks preggo, I am going to the ob every other week right now just down the road from them. They aren't open before my appts and when I'm done, I have to get lunch and get to work, so I don't have time to stop. That stinks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2008, 05:59 AM   #85  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by mullycatView Post
Have you been to Stamp Express in Lemoyne, or Times to Remember in Hershey? And was it already posted here or on another thread (I can't remember!) - a poster mentioned a new store in Hummlestown called Fancy That.

I was at the stamp express and wasn't impressed, I think that I have more stamps then her store did!! I guess I could have been there at a bad time??

Times to remember is an AWESOME scrapbooking store! They only have a "few" clear stamps though.

Fancy That is Unbelievable!!! It's a must see!! She has some of the new unity stamps and some clear sets can't remember the names. She has primas and the dew drop like things called Robin's nest in ton's of colors for 3.99 a bottle. Allow yourself alot of time to see everything, there is 2 floors of stuff, there is also an area for your DH and kids with a big screen TV! My DS's said they don't mind goiing there!!

You can go to Times to Remember and Fancy That in one trip they are only about 10 or 15 minutes apart. Plus Times to Remember is in the Outlet's!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2008, 06:10 AM   #86  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnewbyView Post
I live in Millerstown (west of Harrisburg) and we have 1 Amish stamp store. They sell a lot of great stamps.
Do you have a name and address??? Please! Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2008, 11:45 AM   #87  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by catcrazyView Post
Do you have a name and address??? Please! Thanks!!

It's actually in Ickesburg and I'm not sure of the address. If you PM me I can email you directions. It's about 10 min outside of Millerstown.

Stampin' UP Demonstrator
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2008, 11:46 AM   #88  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I was at the stamp express and wasn't impressed, I think that I have more stamps then her store did!! I guess I could have been there at a bad time??

Times to remember is an AWESOME scrapbooking store! They only have a "few" clear stamps though.

Fancy That is Unbelievable!!! It's a must see!! She has some of the new unity stamps and some clear sets can't remember the names. She has primas and the dew drop like things called Robin's nest in ton's of colors for 3.99 a bottle. Allow yourself alot of time to see everything, there is 2 floors of stuff, there is also an area for your DH and kids with a big screen TV! My DS's said they don't mind goiing there!!

You can go to Times to Remember and Fancy That in one trip they are only about 10 or 15 minutes apart. Plus Times to Remember is in the Outlet's!!
Awesome, thank you so much! I was actually thinking of doing some shopping this weekend but knew DH would not be up for it. This way maybe he will be. THANKS SO MUCH!!!!

Stampin' UP Demonstrator
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2008, 11:52 AM   #89  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Thanks for the feedback! I've only been to the Hershey store and it's good to know that Fancy That is worth a trip. Do you know if the scrapbook store in Elizabethtown is still open? If so, that would be in the same vicinity and could be a 3rd stop! I haven't gotten any emails from them in a while so I'm thinking maybe they closed...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2008, 12:04 PM   #90  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by mullycatView Post
Thanks for the feedback! I've only been to the Hershey store and it's good to know that Fancy That is worth a trip. Do you know if the scrapbook store in Elizabethtown is still open? If so, that would be in the same vicinity and could be a 3rd stop! I haven't gotten any emails from them in a while so I'm thinking maybe they closed...
mullycat.
the scrapbook store in Elizabethtown is still opened, but closing sometime this month. There is a small scrapbook store on the Main street in Mount Joy...this is just about 5 miles down the same road as the one in E-town. It is called Paper Place Scrapbook store. It has a few stamps, but I believe it is more geared toward scrap booking.
Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2008, 12:36 PM   #91  
Crimping Master

Thanks for such a speedy update! I'm sorry to hear about the store in Etown though... but I will surely keep the one in Mount Joy in mind next time I get out that way. I like to go back to my old stomping grounds once in a while (I went to school at Etown!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2008, 01:46 PM   #92  
Sassy Sarcastic Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by CknODaCView Post
here is a website with a few PA stamp stores... I've only been to DePue's in Tannersville, but hope to check out some more... we don't have anything close to us up here in the northeast corner...

http://www.rubberstampinglinks.com/s...nsylvania.html
I don't know how much I'd trust that site. Knock on Wood, in Allentown, is listed, and they've been closed for about 10 years now. :( I loved that store, that's where I bought my first stamps and supplies. Now I have to travel north or south an hour each just to shop in a real life brick and mortar store. Not realistic with gas prices.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2008, 04:14 PM   #93  
Mad Swapper

Wow! There are so many great stores people are posting. I'm kind of thinking I should expand the file Cindy started and add in all these great stores so I don't forget them the next time I'm on a shopping adventure. Fancy That sounds fabulous! 2 floors! I have got to go check that out!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2008, 08:08 PM   #94  
Rubber Obsessor

I'll chime in about Fancy That -- it is a BEAUTIFUL store with many different lines than what you'd see in other places. The owners have really tried to have different offerings.

I will be teaching a class there later this summer and they've been such a pleasure to work with.

I'll also add that I feel like a ditz in regards to other area stores -- I had no idea there were so many stores in the Lancaster area. We get down to the outlets every other month or so (we live in Harrisburg) and usually camp in Lancaster every summer. I never knew that "Rubber Bumpers" even existed until a customer of mine told me it was closing. Talk about a "duh" moment!

Thank you to everyone for sharing the area stores!

My humble corner of the creative playground: www.mycreativeramblings.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2008, 02:05 AM   #95  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by designatnineView Post
I'll chime in about Fancy That -- it is a BEAUTIFUL store with many different lines than what you'd see in other places. The owners have really tried to have different offerings.

I will be teaching a class there later this summer and they've been such a pleasure to work with.

I'll also add that I feel like a ditz in regards to other area stores -- I had no idea there were so many stores in the Lancaster area. We get down to the outlets every other month or so (we live in Harrisburg) and usually camp in Lancaster every summer. I never knew that "Rubber Bumpers" even existed until a customer of mine told me it was closing. Talk about a "duh" moment!

Thank you to everyone for sharing the area stores!
I agree, I live in Millerstown and work on 2nd St in Harrisburg. I never knew all of these LSS existed. I'm going to make my rounds this summer and check them out.

Stampin' UP Demonstrator
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2008, 03:19 AM   #96  
Cardstock Collector

thank you all so much for the info!!! We go to Hershey every year and Hubby is kind enough to take me to Times to Remember, but now there is another one close!!! Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2008, 04:07 AM   #97  
Stazon Splitcoast

If someone wants to PM me all the stores that are out there not already on my list, I'd be more than happy to combine everything together and then send it to those that are interested. I'd need their name, address, phone #, and hours if you have it.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2008, 04:23 PM   #98  
Mad Swapper

Cindy you are fantastic!

Just for everyone who was asking about a get-together: the next PA get-together is posted in the Get-It-Together Forum! The hostess of this one has a few details to fix up (mainly the date). But all the details are posted!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2008, 04:24 AM   #99  
Die Cut Diva

I'm really late posting to this thread, but this is the only place I've been to (I hope to go to the other ones soon):

Flower and Craft Warehouse
196 Broad St
Blue Ball, PA 17506
www.flowerandcraft.com

It's a huge place, the scrapbooking section is in the back. They seem to have a decent selection. I'm going there today!
Michele

Have a super sparkly day!
My Gallery
My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2008, 08:48 AM   #100  
Matboard Maniac

I go to all those Amish owned stamp stores in the Lancaster, Ephrata area. I love making a trip out there and love their prices. Cyndi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2008, 08:51 AM   #101  
Matboard Maniac

IF you all want me to list the addresses of all the Amish/Mennnonite stores I go to in the Lancaster area..let me know.I do stop by the Flower and Craft warehouse whenever I am out there visiting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2008, 09:00 AM   #102  
Matboard Maniac

Hi
I live in south central PA and I shop at those Amish stamp stores. I just went to a new one to me last week in Ephrata. I can list them here and see if you know about all of them:
Barbara's stamping delights
Country Cottage
L &L Rubber Stamps
Rocky Hill Creations

Nearer to me:
Rachel's Country Store in Newburg, PA
The Creative Corner near Chambersburg

Cyndi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2008, 09:06 AM   #103  
Matboard Maniac

I live in Carlisle and like the new scrapbooking store in Hummelstown, PA. Fancy That. I love to visit Rachel's country store in Newburg, PA. She sells stamping supplies and stamps too! It is a little west of Newville. PM me and I will give you directions.
Cyndi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2008, 10:53 AM   #104  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenguinCityLadyView Post
Paradise? Strasburg? Ephrata? Quarryville?

YOU ALL ARE making me homesick something terrible!
AWWWWW.....I have lived in Lancaster County all my life. I grew up in Paradise - actually right up the road from where Farmhouse Memories is now located.

PenguinCityLady - if you see this - feel free to PM me sometime!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2008, 11:03 AM   #105  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenguinCityLadyView Post
Blue Ball, now there's a town I haven't thought about in a long while, also the town of Intercourse! People laugh, but it still does exist, right? I used to live in Bird-in-Hand, practically across the street from Reese's Metal Products, if that even still exists. Our landlords had a flower & gift shop with a nice fruit stand in the summer. They were Mennonite and her maiden name was Reese.

I rememeber....Roots Auction, the Green Dragon, etc. Oh and the farmer's market catty corner from Watt & Shands in downtown Lancaster. I used to roller skate at the roller rink at the shopping mall. It closed & the pro opened one in another location. I remember while skating, looking up and seeing the shoppers upstairs looking down through the plexiglass at all the skaters.
I'm REALLY homesick now!
Geez - you must be close to my age if you remember that!! Yep that area of the mall is a food court now.

Yes, Reese's Metal Products is still there and Intercourse in all its glory LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2008, 12:42 PM   #106  
Linking Queen

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

My nephew and his SO may be moving to Lancaster. If/when this happens I will have to plan a trip to some/all of the stores listed (of course I'll have to ditch my DH and live-in FIL and convince my niece to come along so I don't get lost!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2008, 04:02 AM   #107  
Stazon Splitcoast

If any of you are free next weekend (Friday, July 18 & Saturday, July 19), Barbara's Stamping Delight in Quarryville is having a sale in her entire store. Ten percent off everything! It might not seem like a large percentage, but when her prices are so cheap to begin with, it's a great sale. Both days is also a yard sale, and on Friday is a chicken BBQ to benefit her dad's medical bills. I'll be working in the store both days, so if you do come and visit, please introduce yourself to me. She carries Prima flowers too and has a great selection.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2008, 04:09 AM   #108  
Matboard Maniac

Bummer. I am having surgery next week, so I will not be able to come. I buy twinkling H20s from Barbara. She has the best prices. Cyndi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2008, 04:21 AM   #109  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi there, how are you all? I hope you all are well. I Live in PA also and never knew about all the stamp stores. I am late posting here, but, I wondered if you all could fill me in. I have been reading the posts and saw that someone had a list of the Amish ones in our area. Could someone list the addresses or even the general areas??? That would be GREAT! I never knew about Rubber Buggy until this post!! I have lived in Lancaster County my whole life, so go figure! What a great thread, thanks for everyone info! Have a great day all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2008, 09:56 AM   #110  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cathy HView Post
I think we are going to lose ALL of our stores unless we support them. I buy over the internet sometimes but I LOVE LSS for the classes and I try to be as supportive of them as I can be. . .

I love the stores I find. We don;t have many where I live, so i like to look them up when we travel and fins some nice local ones. This will be my 2nd trip back to Lancaster to shop. I love the area anyway, but I like being able to support it through more than buying corn.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2008, 10:39 AM   #111  
Compulsive Stamper

Double post , sorry

Last edited by basketlady129; 07-14-2008 at 10:43 AM.. Reason: Double post , sorry
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2008, 10:41 AM   #112  
Compulsive Stamper

I was in the Lancaster , Paradise , Intercourse , Blue Ball , Honey Brook area twice in June ...........reading this thread makes me want to go back again ......

If anyone has a complete list of the scrap stores in that area , please email me at

[email protected]

Thanks ~
Diana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2008, 11:29 AM   #113  
Watercolor Wizard

We will be in Eastern Lancaster (so no Hershey or York), so it anyone knows any good stores in the county east of Lancaster I'd appreciate that info, too. My understanding is we're taking the PA Pike home, if that helps give you an idea of the areas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2008, 11:36 AM   #114  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by TooterView Post
The name is Stampin' Station and it is located in Greencastle, PA. She is listed in some of the stamping magazines.
She also go by "The Purple Daisy" (That's whats on the stamps) I have bought stuff from her at the GASC for two consecutive years and I have visited her store once. At this last GASC she had customized some of her stamps (flowers, butterflies, to name a few) to match some of the EK success punches... really nice. Also I have found that her pricing is rather reasonable. Happy customer here
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2008, 03:59 PM   #115  
Stazon Splitcoast

This weekend I was in the Hummelstown/Hershey area. I visited Fancy That in Hummelstown. This is a TOP NOTCH place and a MUST SEE. Go out of your way 15-20 mins if you need. You'll be happy you did. Times to Remember at the Hershey outlets is nice to but not nearly as nice as Fancy That. I thought the Hershey outlets store's prices were a little high. I think with it being a tourist attraction area they are able to knock the prices up some because people shop when they vacation. Fancy That the prices are great, the atosphere is top notch, and quality and selection are like nothing I have ever seen before.
This is my evaluation!!!

Stampin' UP Demonstrator
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2008, 04:00 PM   #116  
Stazon Splitcoast

If anyone wants websites addys to these two places let me know. The Hershey one has an online store.

Stampin' UP Demonstrator
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2008, 04:07 PM   #117  
Matboard Maniac

fancythatscrapbook.com

139 South Hanover Street
Hummelstown, PA 17036
(717) 566-2012

I have been there once and had a blast. I live in Carlisle...maybe we can meet up someday. Cyndi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2008, 04:11 PM   #118  
Stazon Splitcoast

Cyndi that would be a ton of fun. We could meet there and rent table space and craft together. Do you know about the PA Shoebox Swap? Are you coming? I think it might be full but I'm not sure.

Stampin' UP Demonstrator
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2008, 05:35 PM   #119  
Watercolor Wizard

Thanks Ladies! Will see what I can do about getting toward Fancy That but I don't think time will allow it on this trip. But, you never know...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2008, 05:45 PM   #120  
Matboard Maniac

mapquest this one off the PA turnpike:

L&L Rubber Stamps (my favorite owner - Lorene)
753 Gristmill Road
Ephrata, PA 17522
717 445-8416

MY FAVORITE>>IF you make it there tell her Cyndi Evans sent you. SHE Will laugh.

Cyndi
Reply With Quote Likes