Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 08-27-2009, 10:46 PM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation AUG09VSBN MASTER CHALLENGE THREAD

In this thread you will find all of the challenges for this weekends "All About You" VSBN; for your viewing convenience.

This thread will be locked to chat however, each challenge will have a chat thread for your chatting pleasure ;) Just click on the link, one will be found in each challenge posted in this thread, to be taken to the chat thread for that challenge.

Enjoy what the "All About You" hostesses have in store for YOU!!!

***Note: you will see with the schedule that although you have 2 hours for each challenge (unless otherwise stated) some challenges are spaced only and hour and a half apart. This is to accommodate scrappers who move a little more quickly but in no way affects your 2 hour time limit. Remember the VSBN deadline for uploading is Sunday the 6th so there is plenty if you join in after VSBN has begun or if you need time to finish challenges.

Last edited by strongcanadianbeauty; 09-15-2009 at 04:00 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Stampin' Fool

Default AUG09VSBN MASTER CHALLENGE THREAD

Title: "It's all in a name"
Hostess: Jenstampingpad - Jennifer
Keyword: AUG09VSBNA
Day/Date: Friday, August 28, 2009
Time: 12 pm NOON (EST)

With school right around the corner for some of us, I am getting in the teacher mode. One of the things that I have my students do is to create an acrostic about themselves.

For example for me:

J-jumping frogs- shows me with frogs or frogs themselves.
E- energy- the endless energy that my lab CJ has
N- needs- what I need to have - COFFEE

You may use stickers or embellishments if you don�t have photos.

Bonus if you use the Kissing Technique somewhere on your layout as we all need a kiss now and then, even if it is from my dogs!

You might have to create a DPS to spell out your name if you have a long name like Jennifer!

***Note - You have the option to do a full name double layout challenge. You will notice that the next challenge after this is 4 hours away!!! What that means for you is if you choose to make your layout a double layout to showcase your full name, first and last (middle name too if you want) then you have a 4 hour time limit!!! What a perfect way to start your "All About Me" album than to do pages on your name!!

GO TO THE CHAT THREAD FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSBN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON SUNDAY, SEPTEMEMBER 6TH.
2. You have 2 hours to complete the challenge, however, if you take the double layout challenge and do your full name you have 4 hours to complete this challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, AUG09VSBNA , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure you layout is seen.
Attached Thumbnails
AUG09VSBN MASTER CHALLENGE THREAD-aug09vsbna1.jpg   AUG09VSBN MASTER CHALLENGE THREAD-aug09vsbna2.jpg  
Kookie Creator

Title: "Siblings"
Hostess: Diane ~dmcg~
Keyword: AUG09VSBNB
Time: 4:00 PM (EST)

I have a cross-stitched decorative pillow given to me by my eldest brother. It reads, �I smile because you�re my sister�I laugh because there�s nothing you can do about it.� His sense of humor is wonderful and so is the warm feeling I get when I look at that pillow and know he was thinking of me with love in his heart when he bought it!

My challenge for you today is to create a layout celebrating you and your siblings and also for you to use some distressing - as much or as little as you want!!

If you don�t have any siblings � maybe you have a friend that is like a sibling to you or perhaps you would like to focus your journaling on what it was like growing up as an only child. Use as many or as few pictures as you like just be sure to include yourself,

I distressed the vellum I used for my title. You could distress the mats you use for your photos; some flowers, if you have some; the edges of your 12x12 paper or a paper strip you are using; you could even distress your ribbon or some buttons - the sky�s the limit here.

Remember, interpret the challenge however you see fit - it's VSBN! It's not about the rules; it's about getting pictures into albums!!!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSBN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON SUNDAY, SEPTEMEMBER 6TH.
2. You have 2 hours to complete the challenge (unless otherwise stated).
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, AUG09VSBNB , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure you layout is seen.
Attached Thumbnails
AUG09VSBN MASTER CHALLENGE THREAD-siblings-page-1.jpg   AUG09VSBN MASTER CHALLENGE THREAD-siblings-page-2.jpg   AUG09VSBN MASTER CHALLENGE THREAD-siblings-double-layout.jpg  

Last edited by strongcanadianbeauty; 08-28-2009 at 12:03 PM..
Hardware Hotshot

Title: "Top 10"
Hostess: Kelli ~chickadee3357~
Keyword: AUG09VSBNC
Time: 6:30 PM (EST)

My challenge for you is to create a page that is the Top 10 about yourself. So whether it is your Top 10 Favorite Foods, Top 10 Things You Love About Your Family or Top 10 Silliest Faces, come join the fun!

[IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=159256&d=1251498330[/IMG]

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

2. You have 2 hours to complete the challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, AUG09VSBNC , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Thumbnails
AUG09VSBN MASTER CHALLENGE THREAD-topten082809.jpg  
Kelli ~ "Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." Proverbs 16:24
My blog ~ My Gallery 2018 Scrap Goal 8/12

Last edited by strongcanadianbeauty; 08-28-2009 at 02:31 PM..
Speedy the Cat did WHAT?

Title: "What I Love BEST!"
Hostess: Faith
markie's mom
Keyword: AUG09VSBND
Friday, August 28, 2009
8PM

Hi! I love to scrapbook, and have been hoarding and saving photos for years. A few weeks ago, while on a VERY rare cleaning binge, I found my "Love Best Box." (I keep my favorite photos of Markie in that box.) I opened it, and began to sort through the wonderful photos for hours! I ended up on the floor all weepy.

Markie heard me crying and hustled into my room. He saw the pile of photos and asked, concerned, "Mom, are you okay?"

I looked at him, and blubbered, "Yes, I'm fine."

He turned and called for his father, "Dad, Mom's on the floor with the Love Best Box crying. Is that �A GIRL THING?��

His father hollered back, "No...that's a Stampin'/Scrappin' Girl Thing!"

So, in honor of that conversation, and my Love Best Box, I challenge you to create a "What I Love Best" scrapbook page using the following items that you LOVE BEST:

photo/s
colors
stamps
embellishments

Here's my SAMPLE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, AUG09VSBND , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Last edited by strongcanadianbeauty; 08-28-2009 at 04:02 PM..
Crimping Master

Title: 'Then and Now'
Hostess: Yvonne ~Vonnie64~
Keyword: AUG09VSBNE
Day/Date: Friday, Autg. 28, 2009
Time: 10 PM (EST)

Where does the time go? For me, the years seem to fly by faster and faster with each passing one. It's a melancholy trip down memory lane to reflect on our childhood. Regardless of our background, we all have some happy childhood memories of carefree days, finding joy in the simple pleasures of an unhurried life.

My challenge to you two-fold:

1. Scrapbook a layout with a photo of yourself as an infant or toddler and a photo of yourself as an adult. In my layout, my writing looks back at the age of 19, on the verge of adulthood and the fear and anticipation of what's to come. Feel free to use the quote that is on my layout: If you carry your childhood with you, you never become older - Tom Stoppard. My layout is a 2 page spread, but feel free to modify yours to a one page is that's the format that you usually scrap in.

2. Adorn your layout with a floral embellishment that you've created yourself. You can use your Big Shot and dies, an accordion folded flower or one of those shabby chic flowers made with crumpling and tearing paper into a flower shape. The sky's the limit!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSBN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 6TH.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, AUG09VSBNE, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attachment 159279 Attachment 159280
Attached Thumbnails
AUG09VSBN MASTER CHALLENGE THREAD-p8010010.jpg   AUG09VSBN MASTER CHALLENGE THREAD-p8010011.jpg  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess (Retired)

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Title: A Picture is Worth A Thousand Words
Hostess: Jen (Miss Boo)
Keyword: AUG09VSBNF
Time: 12:00 AM midnight (EST)

A Clean & Simple challenge:
A Picture is Worth A Thousand Words

PART 1
We're keeping it clean & simple. Let the photo (or photos) of yourself tell the story. Journaling is allowed, but keep it at a minimum. Think of yourself in your garden, with your crafts, with your pet being ridiculously spoiled, at work... something with enough of a backdrop scene to tell the story about a characteristic of yourself. A simple portrait would not work for this challenge.

PART 2
In order to keep it clean & simple, there has to be some more guidelines. Don't panic! I don't give tickets. LOL! Just challenge yourself and let your creativity flow.

*Limit the embellishments.
*You can layer and use color.
*Keep the layout simple with lots of open space.
*Your open space does not have to be white.
* No designer paper in the open space.

You can do this! A picture is worth a thousand words!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, AUG09VSBNF , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Thumbnails
AUG09VSBN MASTER CHALLENGE THREAD-augvsbn2009apictellsthestorymissbooedit.jpg   AUG09VSBN MASTER CHALLENGE THREAD-augvsbn2009apicclose_up_1_missbooedit.jpg   AUG09VSBN MASTER CHALLENGE THREAD-augvsbn2009apicclose_up_2_missbooedit.jpg  
Limited Supplies, Featured Stamper, Clean & Simple
FS143 / QFTD93 
Past Design Teams: DRS Designs, Rubbernecker  
Past Guest Designer: Gina K Designs 
CAS. Embellished. It's all good.
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Arrow AUG09VSBN MASTER CHALLENGE THREAD

Title: "Color My World"
Hostess: Lela - LMN
Keyword: AUG09VSBNG
Day/Date: Saturday, Aug, 29, 2009
Time: 10:00 AM (EST)

It's summer and summer is a GREAT time to enjoy the "color" of the season. What (People, Places, Things) bring color to your world? It might be a walk in the park that brings GREEN to life for you because of the lovely trees. A picnic a sunshiney YELLOW, the beach a peaceful BLUE and for me, my children bring a RAINBOW! of lovely color to my world!

My challenge to you is to scrap page/pages with pictures of people, places, things or ideas that bring "color" to your world. You might create a monochromatic scrapbook page of ORANGE that reminds you of a coffee break with friends or a RED, (WHITE), and BLUE page of color for the wonderful parade you saw on July 4th! Are your special people, places or things a rainbow of delight, a serious shade of brown or a hot fiery red? Whether your page is monochromatic or rainbow bright, let's show through color what those people, places, things or ideas mean to you.

Special "VSBN Points" for those that add color through colored or rhinestone brads & Stamps. This is a great time to get out your stamps and punches and use them to create the embellishments for your page/pages!

Remember, It's not about the rules, it's about getting pictures in albums!!! Have FUN!

HERE is my sample

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

2. You have 2 Hours to complete the challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, AUG09VSBNG , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Thumbnails
AUG09VSBN MASTER CHALLENGE THREAD-summer-pictures-012.jpg  
Hardware Hotshot

Title: AUG09VSBNH - Done is Done?
Date: Saturday, August 29th
Time: 12pm EST
Hostess: Elizabeth G. (Liz)
Keyword: AUG09VSBNH

Hi everyone! I am pleased to be your hostess today. This is my 2nd time hosting and I am hoping that you will enjoy my challenge!

For those who frequent this section of SCS quite a bit, you have heard the phrase: "Done is Done!" For those newbies, that means that you aren't quite happy with the page you completed, but it's done and now it's time to move on to the next layout.

Well, hold on a minute!

Some of those 'done is done' pages are acceptable when you flip through your books and, if you're like me, some make you cringe because you just KNOW that you could've done better!

Challenge: Take one of your earliest 'done is done' pages (single or double) that make you cringe and redo it! Show us how much you've changed, grown, and learned in your scrappin style.

Bonus challenge: Make sure that YOU are in at least 1 of the photographs!

Here is my Before (I disliked this LO so much that I didn't even stick the journaling down yet!):

[IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=159192&stc=1&d=1251439331[/IMG]
As an added note - this has been sitting in my DD's baby album for over two years, so it def. is old and not just made up for this challenge!

Here is my After LO:

[IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=159227&stc=1&d=1251481380[/IMG]

I am giving you an extra 30 min. to go through your scrapbooks and pick out the layout you want to re-do and to remove the pictures.

**If you already have a gallery link associated with your old LO, please post it with your new one so we can see the before/after. If not, try to attach a thumbnail with your new link in this thread. We would all like to see the transformation from bleh to YEAH!**

Submissions for this challenge can be found HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

2. You have 2.5 hours to complete this challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, AUG09VSBNH, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
Attached Thumbnails
AUG09VSBN MASTER CHALLENGE THREAD-img_7064.jpg   AUG09VSBN MASTER CHALLENGE THREAD-img_7077.jpg  

Last edited by strongcanadianbeauty; 08-29-2009 at 08:05 AM..
Hardware Hotshot

Title: Man,I feel like a woman
Hostess: Tamcan,Tam

Keyword: AUG09VSBNI
Date: Aug, 29, 2009
Time: 2:00 pm EST

MAN, I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Women are special. We take on many roles in life. With full schedules, and the many hats we wear, sometimes we have to be reminded that we are , beautiful, sexy, and strong, feminine, smart, and talented� When you take off the wife, mommy, daughter, friend, or employee hat, what ritual do you do that's just for you. I believe we all have something special we do just for ourselves. Some thing that makes you feel like ,you've still got it!

�The best think about being a woman is the prerogative, to have a little fun.� S. Twain.
So don�t take this too serious, I want you to have fun with this challenge. It's about adding pages and documenting You!

My challenge to you is to complete this sentence
" Man, I feel like a women when I_______?"( think Shania Twain)

-Use �I feel like a woman when I____� somewhere on the page. Note- the underscore is for you to fill in!
-Use the sketch provided.
-Use a pattern paper with a feminine feel, like lace, animal print, flocked pattern, somewhere on the page.
-make your own shaped paper, no larger than 6x6, and use it for your journaling box.

HERE is my sample :

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

2. You have 2 Hours to complete the challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, AUG09VSBNI , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Thumbnails
AUG09VSBN MASTER CHALLENGE THREAD-sketch.jpg   AUG09VSBN MASTER CHALLENGE THREAD-sketch-layout.jpg  

Goals for 2014
Dec.

5 cards a week:_260__
2 Layouts a week:_104__
My Papercrafting Blog
My Gallery

Last edited by strongcanadianbeauty; 08-29-2009 at 10:44 AM..
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Location: In the '82 Los Angeles underground, looking to hire...The A-Team.

Title: �Just the Facts�
Hostess: Melissa � mollymoo951
Keyword: AUG09VSBNJ
Day/Date: Saturday, August 29, 2009
Time: 4:00 PM (EDT)

Let�s get to know each other better. Let�s share some current facts about ourselves.

What to include? How about a current photo of yourself for starters? You�ll definitely need the current date. How about adding your current height & weight? Yes, you can do a pull-out for that. Oh yeah�what's your age? How old are you? :mrgreen:

How about your occupation, where you work & how long you�ve worked there? Where do you live? Who is your current significant other & how long you�ve been together?

Just the facts. About ME. No, about YOU! On a scrapbook page.

Make it one page or two.

And...don't forget to add pictures to support those facts.

But wait! There�s more! :shock:

At least one page should be a progressive page!

What�s a progressive page? You start with a 6 x 6 page, then make the 6 x 6 page an 8.5 x 10, then make the 8.5 x 10 an 12 x 12 page. If you just don�t do any of these sizes, scrap your page to include several sizes to progress to the final size you DO scrap.

I have several progressive pages in my gallery. Here's links to two: HERE, HERE. To view all progressive pages in the gallery, click here.

My sample: HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSBN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EDT ON SUNDAY, SEPTEMEMBER 6TH.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, AUG09VSBNJ, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen.
Attached Thumbnails
AUG09VSBN MASTER CHALLENGE THREAD-msms-facts-about-me-100_8107.jpg  

Never give up, just practice, stay positive and have fun!

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.

Last edited by strongcanadianbeauty; 08-29-2009 at 12:00 PM..
Mad Swapper

Title: Any Given Day
Hostess: April ~aprildawn~
Keyword: AUG09VSBNK
Time: 5:30 PM (EST)

I am excited to be a first time hostess and hope everyone enjoys!!

We all have our daily needs, fixes, or must haves. What are yours now? A favorite drink, food, pair of clothes or shoes you wear almost everyday, website you vist, phone, stores, etc. My challenge is to record what your daily must haves are. It could be about one thing or a list of all you daily must haves.

Extra credit for also using and sharing what your 'Any Given Scrapbook Page' technique, element or style you use on almost every page.

Thanks for playing and have fun!!

See my sample attachment. For almost every page I have some sort of sketch, for this I used an old sketch from PageMaps.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSBN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 6TH.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, AUG09VSBNK , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure you layout is seen
Attached Thumbnails
AUG09VSBN MASTER CHALLENGE THREAD-img_0446.jpg  
Pounds Lost 48/80 Out of my rut!!!

Last edited by strongcanadianbeauty; 08-29-2009 at 03:11 PM..
Mad Swapper

Title: "This is my town (or country, or state, or city, or neighborhood, or house)
Hostess: Sarah--jonah's mommy
Keyword: AUG09VSBNL
Time: 7:30 PM (EST)

Your challenge is to create a scrapbook page about where you live. Now, where you live can include many places--the country you live in, your state, the city or town you live in, your neighborhood, or even your house! It could also be your hometown. You get to decide

Now for the twist (if you should choose to accept it!):
I am a total sketch addict. I don't create a scrapbook page without one. Well, all of the sketch books out there suggest that you take a sketch and flip it or rotate it. I don't know about you, but I've never been brave enough to try it. So, my challenge is for you to find a sketch and flip it or rotate it. If you need help finding a good sketch, here are some wonderful resources:

Forums at Splitcoaststampers

http://www.pagemaps.com/

http://nutsaboutsketches.blogspot.com/

http://www.pencillines.com/

http://www.everything-about-scrapboo...ng-sketch.html

If possible, include a link to the original sketch so that we can see how you changed it up

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, AUG09VSBNL , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

June. Goal 0/12

Last edited by strongcanadianbeauty; 08-29-2009 at 03:31 PM..
Stazon Splitcoast

Title: "Odds & Ends; before and after"
Hostess: Kirsten - Goegirl
Keyword: AUG09VSBNM
Day/Date: Saturday, Aug, 29, 2009
Time: 9:00 (EST)

Does anyone else have about 10 pictures of themselves, scattered through the years, that don't 'go' with anything? The one-offs - you at a friend's wedding, you at the beach with your friends, you at your brother's graduation or your sister's wedding... None of them are enough to make a layout with, by themselves, but you have to use them somehow! Pictures of you are too few and far between - but how?

I have an idea for you - make a 'before and after' page! Try sorting some of those odds and sods pictures into two groups: Before (fill in the blank) and After (fill in the blank). Compare and contrast - How have you changed?

You could do a layout using pictures before and after:

you had your life-long long hair cut off; what did the hair mean to you? Why did you cut it?
you got married - how has it changed your life?
you had kids - ditto?
you went to college - etc...
you became a Stampin' Up! Demo
your garden renovation
your diet and exercise program that paid off so well (still working on the after pictures of that one m'self!)
you stopped working and started staying home or started working after being home
you won the lottery...

You get the idea, I hope!

You don't have to do a 2-page spread with this challenge, you can split your page in an interesting way - with pattern, colour or design. Points will be given for the most creative use of juxtaposition!

Also, I want you to dig into your SCRAP boxes (files, bins, piles...) and pull out a few little things to use up on this layout ~ a bit of lace, a stamped image, a punched shape or a scrap of paper you just couldn't part with! Time to use 'em! Let's see some ODDS AND ENDS!!

**note: If you have another fun way to use one off pictures, show us how! I for one would love some great ideas on how to use those! Remember, interpret the challenge however you see fit - it's VSBN! It's not about the rules, it's about getting pictures in albums!!!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, AUG09VSBNM, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Die Cut Diva

Title: "Chip off the Ol' Block"
Hostess: Cobi ~lilorangemouse~
Keyword:AUG09VSBNN
Date: Saturday, August 29, 2009
Time: 11:00 pm (EDT)

We've all heard the expression "Chip off the Ol' Block." Think about in what ways you have been influenced by your parents. Are there certian characteristics you see in them that you see in yourself? Did you follow in their footsteps as far as a career is concerned?

My challenge to you is to scrapbook a page about your parents. Or, if you've already scrapbooked your parents, you can make the page about someone else who has influenced your life in a special way. The only requirement is that you use chipboard somewhere on your layout. You can choose to cover your chipboard with patterned paper, paint it with acrylic paint or craft ink, emboss it, cover it with rub-ons, or simply leave it plain. But show us how you are a "chip off the ol' block!"

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, AUG09VSBNN, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Give your creation an original title to prevent it from being deleted due to duplicate titles.

Attached Thumbnails
AUG09VSBN MASTER CHALLENGE THREAD-double-parents.jpg   AUG09VSBN MASTER CHALLENGE THREAD-parents-page-1.jpg   AUG09VSBN MASTER CHALLENGE THREAD-parents-page-2.jpg  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Title: "Oh, Baby"
Hostess: Cav ~Maggie's Mummy~
Keyword: AUG09VSBNO
Day/Date: Sunday, August 30, 2009
Time: 10:00 AM (EST)

OK, so, I guess I'm like many of you - I didn't start scrapping until after the birth of Maggie. In fact she was about 6 months old before I even attempted my first page. At that time, I thought scrapbooking was to commemorate babies and weddings. I never realised you could pretty much scrapbook anything. Most of the scrapbook pages I've done are about Maggie - hey, when you've got a good subject, it's a lot easier to scrapbook. And I also have a lot of pages done for babies - Maggie, other peoples babies, my cousins' babies - I don't think I'm alone when I say that I'm pretty handy when it comes to throwing together a baby page - LOL!!!!

So, my challenge for you is to make a baby page - except this time YOU are the baby!!!

To add some interest to the challenge (if this wasn't enough!!!!!) there is a recipe to follow and I'd like you to use a technique:

RECIPE INGREDIENTS

* 1 baby photograph of yourself, any size
* 12 x 12 Base cardstock, any colour
* 2 pieces of DSP or Patterned Paper in sizes A) 6" x 3" & B) 4" x 7"
(different patterns or use each side if DSP)
* Coordinating cardstock - Colour 1 = 2" x 5"
* Coordinating cardstock - Colour 2 = 1" x 12"
* Coordinating cardstock - Colour 3 = 3" x 7"
* A journal box (either pre-created or one you create yourself)
* 1 piece of ribbon 6" long (any width, any colour)
* 1 piece of ribbon 7" long (any width, any colour)
* 6 buttons OR 6 brads OR combo of both totalling 6
* Faux Wood Frame (click HERE for directions - they're really easy!!!)

NB: Instead of using Brads on your Faux Wood Frame for your "nails", use punched out circles or draw them in by hand.

METHOD

Take all of the elements listed above and arrange them in any fashion to create your page. You can add colour and stamping to your page as long as you use ALL of, and ONLY, the above elements. Your Faux Wood Frame should "frame" your photo.

For those of you who just went "ahhhhh, a 12 x 12 page - I don't do them" - don't worry, I'm hoping most of you can still play. I have attached a document which has the measurements for the elements if you use a 6x6 or 8.5x11 layout as your regular format.

AND, if you do a DPS then use this recipe for each page to add some continuity. You could do a mirror image or rotate the sketch of your fist page - the sky's the limit!!!!!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, AUG09VSBNO , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Files
File Type: doc Alternate Sizes.doc (30.5 KB, 9 views)
Hardware Hotshot

Title: �A Day in the Life of ME!�
Hostess: hcarnes
Keyword: AUG09VSBNP
Time: 12:00 PM (EDT)

When I look through other people�s scrapbooks, I always find the same thing missing � THEM! The same problems are rife in my scrapbooks as well! I have tons of pictures of special events, family, friends, and general life, but there are nearly no pictures of me at all. I�m the designated photographer. Furthermore, there are few � if any � pages highlighting �normal life� with me. If you know me, you understand that normal is very relative around my house! Now, I�m a middle school teacher (which could explain a lot) so we�re going to play a little playground game to determine your challenge ingredients. Remember MASH?

A. List three can�t-live-without scrapping items.
B. How many bedrooms do you have in your home?
C. What is a tool or technique you like but don�t use often enough?

So, here is my challenge. Create a page (or to really win my heart, a double page spread!) that gives due to your �normal� day. What does your day look like? Who are you when you aren�t dressing up for those special events or pasting on the smiley face for the obligatory photo shoots? Your page must include:

A. At least one of each of your can�t-live-without scrapping items;
B. At least the number of pictures that corresponds to the number of bedrooms you have; and
C. At least one tool or technique you love but don�t use enough.

Remember, make the challenge fit YOU and your lifestyle. It�s not about the rules; it�s about getting pictures into albums. Above all HAVE FUN!!

My sample can be found HERE

View the GALLERY for this challenge.

Uploading Instructions:

1. All VSBN creations must be uploaded by 10:00 PM EST on Sunday, September 6.
3. Remember to put the correct keyword, AUG09VSBNP, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

I highly recommend that you also post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen.

Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Title: High School Memories
Hostess: Charlsanne ~cla616~
Keyword: AUG09VSBNQ
Time: 2:00 PM (EST)

First of all I am thrilled to be a hostess for this VSBN round. I think this theme is so important to all of us, as we normally find ourselves behind the camera instead of in front of it. However, for this challenge I want you to reach back in history a little bit. If you are like me you may have started scrapping later in life. I actually became introduced to the idea of scrapbooking in the spring of 2004. My mom worked diligently on a beautiful scrapbook to present to my husband and I as part of our wedding gift. Once I saw the work she was doing I was hooked and ready to continue on what she had begun.

Well having started later in life I didn�t get a chance to properly document my younger years (ok I know I am only 33, but hey I still missed out on a lot of valuable scrapping opportunities).

So my challenge to you today is to dig out those old High School Yearbooks. Find a Picture of yourself from highschool � it can be your school portrait or just a candid shot during that time.

� I want you to scrap some HS pictures using your School Colors only plus one neutral. Mine were green and blue. Use your yearbook for inspiration, maybe grab some quotes from it, funny sayings your friends left for you, and just go with it.

� Make an embellishment using your school colors � a flower, something with chipboard, brads in an interesting pattern, or print out your mascot and add to your page.

� I also would love to see journaling of some of the activities you were involved in during high school. Maybe you weren�t directly involved in anything during high school but you worked instead � what was your job? Any other activities � maybe league play for the community?

Didn't go to high school? Can't find those yearbooks? Then scrap a picture or two (or three) from your teen years. Let us know the activities you were involved in. I still want you to play, so just choose 2 colors plus a neutral to complete your page.

I think you get the picture, but I will be here if you have any questions along the way. This can be a single or double page spread, whatever you might need.

You can view My Sample and my Layout Inspiration (which was the cover of my yearbook from Freshman year) below. Feel free to use my layout if you are having trouble or need some inspiration too

View the gallery for this challenge HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, AUG09VSBNQ , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Thumbnails
AUG09VSBN MASTER CHALLENGE THREAD-img_7111.jpg   AUG09VSBN MASTER CHALLENGE THREAD-img_7113.jpg  
Feb - 5 SB pages
(6/5)
YTD SB Pages: 7
Die Cut Diva

Title: "Can you keep a secret?�
Hostess: Bekah (rdoak03)
Keyword: AUG09VSBNR
Time: 6:30pm (EST)

Face it, we all keep secrets. Some are serious, some are innocent (like I hide candy in the back of the fridge!). Sometimes we have a story we want to preserve on our layouts but we don�t want the whole world to read it, like reflecting on our own bad habits or a challenging time in our life. Sometimes journaling just interferes with our layout.

Hidden journaling is the perfect solution! Use a pull-out tab, flip-up photo, hinges, pocket, pouch, or a little envelope (or whatever else you can come up with) to hide your journaling and keep your secret! Here are some websites to get you started:

HGTV: petal card and matchbook

Petal card template

Slideshow from Scrapbooks, Etc.

In my example, below, the journaling is behind the photo on the left-hand page. A little clip and tag reading "open" shows readers where to look.

[IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=158963&stc=1&d=1251253536[/IMG]

[IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=158964&stc=1&d=1251253582[/IMG]

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, AUG09VSBNR , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Die Cut Diva

Title: "Friends"
Hostess: Trish ~strongcanadianbeauty~
Keyword: AUG09VSBNS
Time: 8:00 PM (EST)

Friends. My friends are a part of my life....a part of who I am. I have been blessed with amazing friends and they all bring something different to my life!!! I can cry with them, complain to them, laugh with them, learn with them, encourage them, receive encouragement from them and yes some of them I can even scrapbook with!!!

Our lives are enriched with friends!!!! Your friends might come from your neighbourhood, your work, church, family, etc.

My challenge is��for you to make a layout of your friends!!!! It could be your current friends, friends from years gone by or a combination of the two.

**note: if you already have a layout of your friends how about doing a layout of your DH's friends....your kids friends....your SCS friends....a family that is considered family friends.....your pets friends.....the sky is the limit on how or who's friends you want to show..... the page just must be about friends. ;) Remember, interpret the challenge however you see fit - it's VSBN! It's not about the rules, it's about getting pictures in albums!!!

As soon as I thought about scrapbooking my friends I couldn't get the TV show Friends out of my head!!! So I incorporated that theme into my layout.....see my sample below.

[IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=159462&stc=1&d=1251676215[/IMG]

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, AUG09VSBNS , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.