Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-14-2017, 08:14 AM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 89 Likes on 59 Posts
Default WRMK Is this a new tool?

i popped into Michael's the other day and spotted something in the Trimmer section.It's. WRMK Trimmer that folds out double so you have a very wide base without the pulled out extender ruler.
It comes with. Scoring tool. Best part was the increments like 1/4 5/8 etc are actually marked at the top, as opposed to all others where there are simply lines you have to count over if it's sa 5/8ths.

This may not be new but I have not seen it before. Anyone else seen this?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2017, 08:31 AM   #2  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Haven't seen it! Sounds interesting!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2017, 10:42 AM   #3  
Kookie Creator

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Must look for this. Sounds like it could be useful.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2017, 10:46 AM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Received 159 Likes on 99 Posts

These videos are from 3 years ago, so it's not new:

Looks pretty cool.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2017, 12:02 PM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want one!
Old 07-15-2017, 07:28 AM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

That's the one I saw in white, which is on you tube. Interesting that the video focused on boxes and bags. It almost looks like a newer and improved envelope maker with a trimmer.I do like that it folds down and would be good for travel and especially like that the increments are marked on the top.
I saw this when I was looking for a new rotary Trimmer with coupon in hand ha ha. I debated as it was the same price as the Fisker model I bought recommended by Jennifer Mcquire.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2017, 08:10 AM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

Guess who returned her Fiskers? Moi

Opened the package and tried to extend the ruler and it would only go 3/4 of the way. Of course I did not want to force it. I went here and checked out what others here had to say about this tool. Many said that the wire frays, but you contact Fiskers for new one which they are good at replacing. However others said it happened more often then they would like and had to go back to Fiskers mire than once. What to do?

I decided to call good friend and owner of LSS where they do many classes and crops. Personally she had a Fiskers for years no problem with wire. But she said many of the ladies loved their WRMK trim and score board. So I decided to give them a try. I mostly use Tonic and WRMK products and have not been disappointed. I have not tried it but watched the videos posted here and you tube so I will give it a go. With a coupon it was $22 cdn. So not a big outlay.love that it had titanium blades which is new for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2019, 01:25 PM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

Received 173 Likes on 95 Posts

I bought the "new verison" of the WRMK trim and score board at the HSN launchon 10/9/2018, for $19.95. It folds up to save space, and you flip a removeable piece to score. I wish they colored the lines for the measurement increments as it is hard to see if the paper is straight. Making each line a lighter or darker color would solve this probelm in a heartbeat.. The replacement blades have never been in stores that I have found, so I recently ordered a couple on line. However, I have yet to figure out how to change them. The original WRMK board has the replacement blades that have the actual metal blade in the MIDDLE of the knob, but the new ones have the actual metal blade off to one side. I have tried finding it on you tube, but can't find anyone demonstrating it. The blade leaves a lot of ragged edges and has from the start - I just hand trim them off. I love the size but really need to see if the blade is the problem. I read the reviews on HSN and several people returned it specifically because of the ragged edge left with every cut. Anyone have any ideas how to change the blades? thanks so much for any input...

Mac
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2019, 02:10 PM   #9  
Die Cut Diva

Received 159 Likes on 99 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac4551View Post
I bought the "new verison" of the WRMK trim and score board at the HSN launchon 10/9/2018, for $19.95. It folds up to save space, and you flip a removeable piece to score. I wish they colored the lines for the measurement increments as it is hard to see if the paper is straight. Making each line a lighter or darker color would solve this probelm in a heartbeat.. The replacement blades have never been in stores that I have found, so I recently ordered a couple on line. However, I have yet to figure out how to change them. The original WRMK board has the replacement blades that have the actual metal blade in the MIDDLE of the knob, but the new ones have the actual metal blade off to one side. I have tried finding it on you tube, but can't find anyone demonstrating it. The blade leaves a lot of ragged edges and has from the start - I just hand trim them off. I love the size but really need to see if the blade is the problem. I read the reviews on HSN and several people returned it specifically because of the ragged edge left with every cut. Anyone have any ideas how to change the blades? thanks so much for any input...

Mac
WRMK directions: TRIM & SCORE BOARD - We R Memory Keepers

The blade change is in this video: We R Memory Keepers Score and Trim Review - YouTube

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2019, 04:56 PM   #10  
Insane Embellisher

thank you, but neither one of these matches mine. My "blue" removeable side piece is UNDER my score blade, and the arm doesn't have a double plastic rim to 'open and slide new blade into'.. my blue blade has the metal cutting piece off to ONE side, not in the center like in both of these videos. But, again, thank you for taking the time to reply !

Mac
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2019, 06:14 PM   #11  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just received mine and made a quick shaped card. It’s in the gallery Gold, Golden, Foiled! by Annecards - at Splitcoaststampers
I’m so impressed with this tool, love it!
A Cardmaking Journey in Progress
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2019, 05:01 PM   #12  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by canada gooseView Post
i popped into Michael's the other day and spotted something in the Trimmer section.It's. WRMK Trimmer that folds out double so you have a very wide base without the pulled out extender ruler.
It comes with. Scoring tool. Best part was the increments like 1/4 5/8 etc are actually marked at the top, as opposed to all others where there are simply lines you have to count over if it's sa 5/8ths.

This may not be new but I have not seen it before. Anyone else seen this?
I purchased mine on HSN craft day 10/9/18 (I wrote it down) for $19.95. (HSN product # at that time was 604-171). I love it - other than it goes though blades really fast. This board takes a different blade than the original board: the razor part of the blade is off to one side, and on the original boards it's in the middle. It cuts great for about a month, then the blade needs replaced. I like the size and the fact that it can stay folded for A2 cards... it's very convenient for me to use in my small crafting space.
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes