Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-20-2010, 11:51 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Where to buy a Janome Sew Mini in Canada?

I have been searching everywhere for a Janome Sew Mini sewing machine!
I live in Toronto, Ontario Canada (just outside, in Brampton, actually).

I have searched a few places online, and ebay and Amazon. The stores that actually had them did not ship to Canada. I called a local sewing shop that carries the Janome name, and they have never heard of the Sew Mini.

Can anyone help me find one?

Thanks!

Robin

I'm a Bella Babe!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2010, 12:10 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

my understanding is that you can't buy them in Canada. They are simply not distributed here. Your options are to have a US friend send you one, drive to the US and bring one back or find a "small parcel service" that will do this for you. If you go with the parcel service, they give you a US address to send the goods to (usually a warehouse at the border) and then they clear the goods through customs for your and ship them to you via a domestic carrier.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2010, 10:20 AM   #3  
Cardstock Collector

Default Janome Sew Mini

I live in Marieville, Quebec (30 minutes from downtown Montreal) and I have also been looking to buy a Janome Sew Mini. So far, the only place that you could buy one for around $65 U.S., is at Overstock.com (and they ship to Canada).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2011, 10:08 PM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi ladies...I know this is over a year late but, I just wanted to let everyone know that I was planning on hunting one down online in the US and going across the line to pick it up since I live in BC only 5 minutes from the border crossing...but, today I went to Sears and I saw a small Kenmore that looked EXACTLY the same as the Janome Sew Mini so I asked the salesman if it was made by Janome and he said, yes, ALL Kenmore sewing machines are made by Janome...So, it's the same machine with the Kenmore name on it. It is usually $79.99 and is on clearance for $69.99. There weren't any in stock but, the salesman said they'll be getting more in for Christmas...perhaps as early as Tuesday. I asked if they'd still be receiving more despite the fact that they're on clearance and he said, "Yes." Needless to say, I'll be checking back until I can get my hands on one! Have any of you ladies gotten one for yourself? If so, how do you like it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2011, 07:44 PM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by paperbag-princessView Post
Hi ladies...I know this is over a year late but, I just wanted to let everyone know that I was planning on hunting one down online in the US and going across the line to pick it up since I live in BC only 5 minutes from the border crossing...but, today I went to Sears and I saw a small Kenmore that looked EXACTLY the same as the Janome Sew Mini so I asked the salesman if it was made by Janome and he said, yes, ALL Kenmore sewing machines are made by Janome...So, it's the same machine with the Kenmore name on it. It is usually $79.99 and is on clearance for $69.99. There weren't any in stock but, the salesman said they'll be getting more in for Christmas...perhaps as early as Tuesday. I asked if they'd still be receiving more despite the fact that they're on clearance and he said, "Yes." Needless to say, I'll be checking back until I can get my hands on one! Have any of you ladies gotten one for yourself? If so, how do you like it?
Thanks for sharing! I was thinking of ordering one from Hancock's and getting it shipped to the border but this seems like a lot less hassle!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2011, 08:04 PM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by MathGoddessView Post
Thanks for sharing! I was thinking of ordering one from Hancock's and getting it shipped to the border but this seems like a lot less hassle!
Yes, before I figured out that Sears carried the same machine under the Kenmore name, I was going to do that but, Hancock's is sold out! It was on sale for $49.99 plus about $8 shipping there but, the cheapest I could find it in stock was at homedepot.com for $58.96 and it's free shipping because it's over $35 but, I'd still have to pay the $5 receiving fee and go across the line to pick it up. They can also deliver it to your local store but, for some reason, during checkout it wouldn't give me the option to do that to save my $5 receiving fee. So, I think I'll just spend the extra $9 (this is the total difference after any additional fees I'd have to pay and taxes) and buy it in Canada...plus, I think Sears would be better to deal with if anything goes wrong with it....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2011, 08:30 AM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't seem to find this at Sears - all the machines are much more expensive. Any luck for anyone else?

stamper at ❤

Stamps and dies for sale here

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2011, 05:20 PM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Funny! I originally replied to this post when it came out and I'm back again to tell you that last year I bought a small sewing machine from Sears as a substitute for the Janome and I love it! I think it's model 385 and I got it for $59.99 on sale (if memory serves).

I highly recommend it!

In fact, I blogged about it way back when I bought it and compared it the Janome...here's a link to the blog post:

http://kelly.studiobeemusic.com/?p=1357

P.S. I didn't see it on line...it was advertised in a flyer or I would never have spotted it. You should just drop in to Sears and see if they have it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2011, 09:50 AM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by cards by caraView Post
I can't seem to find this at Sears - all the machines are much more expensive. Any luck for anyone else?
Yes, I only saw this IN-STORE...it is NOT online...
I only noticed it because I was in Sears for something else and saw it...
They only had the floor model at the time but, the guy said they'd be getting more for Christmas.

However, I never went back to check because Hancock Fabrics got them back in stock and they were $39.99 and I think they still are...

I had a coupon code (which I think is expired) for free shipping within the US and I went and picked it up across the line because I'm only 5 minutes from the border crossing...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2011, 11:16 PM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by AldanaBenniView Post
They are simply not distributed here.

LOL, yes, they ARE, but, they are sold as a Kenmore NOT a Janome. But, the Janome Sew Mini is discontinued (you can still find them) so, I am assuming that the Kenmore version is also discontinued which is why I am guessing that they don't have it on the Sears website...
Reply With Quote Likes