Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-11-2010, 03:19 AM   #41  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AdTech

AdTech is cheap and it sticks! The problem now is that Walmart is no longer carrying it and I have never seen it anywhere else! I use mini glue dots, or the thin red, double stick tape if I want something to really last for years!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2010, 03:40 AM   #42  
Swapper of the Month January 2012

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow! Love all the suggestions! Anyone have a good adhesive that won't show through vellum????? I'm making an invite and can cover the adhesive at the top with the ribbon I'm using, but I need something to hold it at the bottom so it won't curl up. Any ideas????

Goals for 2015 50 scrapbook pages/50 cards---progress 35/50 cards
Complete my daughter's wedding scrapbook album
Spend more time enjoying my friends and not so much time obsessing on work!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2010, 03:43 AM   #43  
Kookie Creator

Zip Dry is a great glue..if you can get it to come out of the bottle...mine is a struggle and always stingy along the way. I won't buy it again and probably won't finish using this one..just too troublesome for me. I want the glue or tape to be ready accessible, not a struggle.
However, I did spot it on an end isle at Hobby Lobbyin the stamping area.
I bought mine at a show.

Lately, I have been using double sided tape. It seems to hold the layers and corners down the best. I use permanent Scotch brand.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2010, 05:25 AM   #44  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carol SheaffView Post
AdTech is cheap and it sticks! The problem now is that Walmart is no longer carrying it and I have never seen it anywhere else! I use mini glue dots, or the thin red, double stick tape if I want something to really last for years!
I also like AdTech. WM was often out of the refills (the refill hanger was empty) but now they don't even carry it anymore (at least the WMs I visit). I have 3 refills left and that will not last long.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2010, 06:06 AM   #45  
Compulsive Stamper

I've switched from adtec (hold didn't last) to Aileen's fast grab or superthick. For tape I use the scor pal like tape from Las Vegas Stamp Company - more widths and more tape and HOLDS.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2010, 06:20 AM   #46  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeedubyaView Post

I use Zip Dry for a lot of things because once it is stuck, it's STUCK! I like the fact that if you use too much, once it's dry, you rub and voil�, it comes off kinda like a booger. ;)
Brandi, I want to try the Zip Dry because you can rub it off. I always get dried glue that looks shiny...I guess I move the piece I've glued on after I adhere it and I don't like the shiny look at all. Zip Dry really just rubs off, huh? I NEED this stuff!!

Thank you!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2010, 07:07 AM   #47  
Insane Embellisher

I usually use red sticky tape. I have never tried score-tape or Sookwang. Can anyone please tell me if they are comparable (i.e., holds as well). Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2010, 08:07 AM   #48  
Insane Embellisher

Here's a site with dozens of adhesive options:
Frantic Stamper - Adhesives

Prices on the things I use seem pretty reasonable. Has anyone used the Glue Glider Max? I've been looking at it lately because it seems like it holds a lot of tape and wouldn't have to be reloaded so often (it's not unusual for me to go thru two Pritt cartridges a day). It comes with 1" tape, tho, which seems awfully wide. The refills are 1/2", which is still a lot of tape compared to my thin little Pritt tape.

I'd welcome any comments from Glue Glider gals.....

Thanks,
Kat
"Be Still and Know That I Am God" Ps. 46:10

Last edited by kitkat55; 08-11-2010 at 08:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2010, 08:12 AM   #49  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa808View Post
I usually use red sticky tape. I have never tried score-tape or Sookwang. Can anyone please tell me if they are comparable (i.e., holds as well). Thanks.
Lisa: Yes, Scor-Tape (AKA Sookwang) has a terrific hold! You'll love it. Try 7 Kids College Fund Rubber Stamping Supplies Magnolia Stamps Sarah Kay Stamps Nestabilities Martha Stewart Copic Markers I think the Sookwang/Scor-Tape is on the third page....good price, but then again, I don't use it for ALL my adhesive needs. Just when I need a strong bond (making boxes or folding up flaps for gift cards) and on my Bow Easy creations.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2010, 11:17 AM   #50  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitkat55View Post
Lisa: Yes, Scor-Tape (AKA Sookwang) has a terrific hold! You'll love it. Try 7 Kids College Fund Rubber Stamping Supplies Magnolia Stamps Sarah Kay Stamps Nestabilities Martha Stewart Copic Markers I think the Sookwang/Scor-Tape is on the third page....good price, but then again, I don't use it for ALL my adhesive needs. Just when I need a strong bond (making boxes or folding up flaps for gift cards) and on my Bow Easy creations.
Thanks for the reply. I make a lot of 3D projects so I go through a lot of red line tape. The price for the Sookwang at 7kidscollegefund is really reasonable so I'm going to give it a try.

Sorry, but I've never tried the Glue Glider Max.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2010, 01:30 PM   #51  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 473 Likes on 351 Posts

Scor-tape (Sookwang) all the way for me. I've never used anything else (other than dimensionals or pop-up dots) since I discovered it. It is inexpensive, it sticks really well, it sticks ribbon on without creating a bump (and without showing through the see-through ribbons), and it is really fast to use because you can tear it so don't have to slow down to pick up scissors. It's also fabulous for laying down a strip of glitter.

My SCS gallery is here should you care to look! Or please visit my blog, Cardmaker's Garret.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2010, 05:02 PM   #52  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 106 Likes on 67 Posts

Scor Tape! It is cheap for the amount you get and it holds very well. I've been using it for about two years now and it hasn't let me down yet.

My Gallery| My My Blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2010, 05:29 PM   #53  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

It looks like overwhelmingly like everyone really recommends Scor Tape! Ok, I'll start looking into that, over at 7KidsCF. Thank you for the suggestions ;) But I am curious about the Glue Glider Pro, as well. Is it as great as everyone raved it wS, when it first came out? Personally it looks so uncomfortably heavy that I probably wouldn't even use it. But if it works then, hey, why not? Anyone have one they can share their opinions about it?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2010, 05:32 PM   #54  
Insane Embellisher

I've been following a great thread on the Tools and Product Talk forum:Pink ATG?? by squirter at Splitcoaststampers

on the Pink ATG gun...this is sounding pretty good. Especially for me, since I really prefer a tape runner, but can't really afford the full-size ATC gun. On hold right now with Michael's, trying to track one down locally.

Blessings,
Kat
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2010, 05:41 PM   #55  
Insane Embellisher

FOUND IT! Michael's had to look and look, but they found them and are holding one for me. SCORE!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2010, 07:53 PM   #56  
Mad Swapper

I LOVE my ATG. I've been using it for years, even bought a second one today (PINK!!). The adhesive for it is ridiculously cheap, especially if you buy in bulk.. $1.25 for 36 YARDS! I buy mine from The Tape Depot. It sticks like nothing else, and it rubs right off with your fingers if you need to remove the adhesive, although once it's stuck to paper and you press it down, it's stuck forever. It is really not as cumbersome as it looks. After you use it for a bit, it will be second nature. I have small hands and it's simple. My 9 year old uses it too with no problem.

If I want a liquid glue, I either use Tombow Mono-Multi or Scotch Quick Dry.. whichever is handy.

For heavy duty tape, I use the red tacky tape or Scor-Tape. But I am in the minority.. for some reason, mine doesn't hold very well if it's a 3-D project, like a box. By the next morning, the seems have popped. I am pressing hard, but still.. it holds for a few hours, then it pops. I thought maybe because I had to touch the sticky to tear it, that my skin reduced the stickiness, so I started cutting it, but still have the same problem. Maybe I got a bad roll. I should get another and give it another try to be fair. But I don't think Scor-tape is cost or time effective for making cards and attaching all the layers. I generally stick with my ATG for all of that except for 3-D items.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2010, 10:00 PM   #57  
Stampin' Fool

I did use AdTech adhesive but I recently noticed most of my older items were coming unglued. I had to go through all my scrapbooks and redo them. I use Tombow liquid glue mostly and sometimes SNAIL.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2010, 08:43 AM   #58  
Stazon Splitcoast

I order all my tape refills for the ATG 714 from the tape depot too. www.tapedepot.com

I order a lot at a time and they are the best I have found. I do not need the acid free so it does cost less.
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2010, 09:59 AM   #59  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchickView Post
I order all my tape refills for the ATG 714 from the tape depot too. www.tapedepot.com

I order a lot at a time and they are the best I have found. I do not need the acid free so it does cost less.
blessings.
Okay....maybe I'm crazy (or really dumb!), but when I click on the link for TapeDepot (or even type it in my browser), all I get is something that says that "Tape Depot is a DBA of CheapBoxes.com". Where do I find the TAPE? All the links on the left side look like purchased ads. Can't figure out how to purchase something from TapeDepot itself.

What am I missing?

Kat
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2010, 11:17 AM   #60  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen99View Post
I use the Walmart brand called AdTech...the stuff won't budge!! It's cheap, and it works great!! I've used it for about 5 yrs!!
I was using this forever but now my cards keep lifting with Adtech. Not sure if its a bad batch, but I am in the market for something new.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2010, 08:44 PM   #61  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitkat55View Post
Okay....maybe I'm crazy (or really dumb!), but when I click on the link for TapeDepot (or even type it in my browser), all I get is something that says that "Tape Depot is a DBA of CheapBoxes.com". Where do I find the TAPE? All the links on the left side look like purchased ads. Can't figure out how to purchase something from TapeDepot itself.

What am I missing?

Kat
Okay....mystery solved. Someone told me that I was leaving off "The". www.thetapedepot.com

Duh.......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2010, 05:40 AM   #62  
Mad Swapper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Re Glue-Glider Pro. Not heavy at all. Holds really well, but even though it looks like it holds a lot, only holds inches,ft. similar to the smaller Tombow. And refills are very expensive.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2010, 07:27 AM   #63  
Compulsive Stamper

I tried Zip dry and couldn't stand the stink...I had a headache in minutes...threw it away and went back to Glue-glider Pro..works pretty well for me and a nice size
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2010, 07:58 AM   #64  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Dmaggt, I actually agree with what you are saying. Even though I don't have one, the refills are Expensive, and to me they looked like they didn't hold much at all, either. That was a couple of the lesser reasons why I haven't bought one yet. But the biggest reason, being, it looks so cumbersome, but many are saying it really isn't. But Dmaggt, I think you've pointed out what I've always suspected, but no ones ever said, that it doesn't hold enough adhesive to justify the price.
Thank you!

I would love to invest in the Score Tape route, but I go through adhesive like crazy, so I know that I can't afford it. So I think I'm going to give Zip Dry a shot and if I don't like it, well I'll donate it to my friend. I have tried Tombo Mono Glue and I like it but it leaves a shiney residue after I move it, when I need to adjust a project :(

Hmm. Alot to think about..

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2010, 08:06 AM   #65  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by havonfamilyView Post
I would love to invest in the Score Tape route, but I go through adhesive like crazy, so I know that I can't afford it. So I think I'm going to give Zip Dry a shot and if I don't like it, well I'll donate it to my friend. I have tried Tombo Mono Glue and I like it but it leaves a shiney residue after I move it, when I need to adjust a project :(

Hmm. Alot to think about..
Try Beacons 3-in1 it's half the price of zip dry and works the same. That way if you don't like it your only out $3 instead of $7.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2010, 08:30 AM   #66  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh thank you, Stamphappy! I LOVE cheaper!! Where can I but Beacons? Is it at HL? I don't have a Hobby Lobby around here at all, in California :(
Thank you for the tip!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2010, 08:45 AM   #67  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by havonfamilyView Post
Oh thank you, Stamphappy! I LOVE cheaper!! Where can I but Beacons? Is it at HL? I don't have a Hobby Lobby around here at all, in California :(
Thank you for the tip!!!
We don't have a HL but I get mine at Mike's - it's on the aisle with all the other adhesives.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2010, 08:52 AM   #68  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Jeepers I can't seem to post well huh? Sorry about the miss-spelled words everyone!!

I haven't seen Beacons at Mike's but I'll poke around and see if they have some. Sometimes mine doesn't carry what other Micheals might. Just an hour away, in another city, their Mike's has better stamps and selection. Plus things I never knew Mike's carried. I can ask if they carry it, but they refuse to order things for me, that I know another Mike's would carry :( I'm not a demanding person at all, but I am a paying customer, so why do they do that?? I don't get it.

~ Sorry, small rant over! ~

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2010, 09:06 AM   #69  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh kitkat..I am sorry..in the link I left..I left off "the" so it made you search...please forgive the error on my part...I am glad you are a good detective and got where you needed to be..
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2010, 09:21 PM   #70  
Insane Embellisher

Hey, all.....I got my new lovely pink ATG loaded this morning and after about 5 minutes, I was working it like a pro!! =) I really, REALLY love this thing!! First of all, it's so smooth to operate, it's QUIET (unlike the Pritt/Duck tape runner), it holds ribbon like crazy, and it sticks so well that I didn't have to use any Scor-Tape to hold my dry embossed layer. I made 30 monogrammed wedding thank you cards this afternoon and I still have 1/3 of the first cartridge left. I probably would've gone thru at least 3 of the Pritt refills! :p

I am sooooo glad I found this link (and the 'Pink ATG' link)!! Now I have to order a box of refills.

Blessings,
Kat

P.S. No worries, Amber! I should've been able to figure it out myself. BTW, you said earlier you get even better pricing from The Tape Depot because you didn't need acid free....do you have a product number for that particular type? I didn't see it yesterday when I was poking around their website. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2010, 05:26 AM   #71  
Matboard Maniac

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks to all the discussion here, I found the pink ATG at my Michaels a couple days ago. Since today is Saturday, I get to go play with it!! I can't wait. Took the clerk a while to find it since it wasn't out on the shelf anywhere. Thanks to whoever it was (forgot to look before I started typing :oops that posted the UPC code. That was the only way they tracked it down. She initially said she didn't know what I was talking about when I asked for the gun. I got it loaded and all ready to go now. Time to play!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2010, 07:08 AM   #72  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Please let us know how you like it

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2010, 04:29 PM   #73  
Stazon Splitcoast

Kitkat..I cannot find the tape on ebay anymore..that is where I got it from the tape depot... I went to the tape depot site and it is the very first item listed but it is showing that it is acid free. So I am not sure what is going on with ebay...
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2010, 05:00 PM   #74  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I really like to use Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac. It is a little hard to get used to at first, but I like being able to move the cardstock layers if necessary. Dries quickly and clear and Walmart carries it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2010, 06:37 PM   #75  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by identicaltripletsView Post
It is made by a Japanese company, and they are no longer sell it here in the U.S. I stocked up before everyone ran out. I have boxes and boxes of it, and I pray it lasts for a LONG time. The stuff is AMAZING!
Kokuyo is my all time favorite and I was so disappointed when they stopped handling it in the USA. However, I did find a company that has taken it over on line. The shipping is not bad and the people are great to work with. I'm not sure the link below is the one I used (can't seem to find it), but a search turned up this as well as many others. Just google Kokuyo Dotliner. HTH

Rakuten - Per [\ 203 - Kokuyo Dot Liner Refill tape (adhesive strength) [10] [asubon2010 smtb-u;
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2010, 06:40 PM   #76  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

Just found a source at Joann's for Kokuyo refills. They are on sale right now!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2010, 08:42 AM   #77  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchickView Post
ATG hands down.

I used Zip Dry for the first time at a friends house a few months ago. It was a brand new bottle and I have so say I was discouraged because it seemed "stringy" when I used it, it always had long strings of adhesive when I pulled up the bottle...maybe it is just me but I did not like it at all..

blessings.
I'm with you, Amber. I saw some recommendations for Zip Dry and dashed to Michaels and got a bottle. I was very disappointed at how difficult it is to use. It does come out of the bottle in globs and strings.

I love the ATG for most things, and use Tombow Mono Multi for adhering smaller pieces.

And here is a great deal for tape for the ATG. It is by Tape Depot, but they sell it much cheaper on ebay than at their store website. Only $22.95 for 12 rolls, with FREE shipping:

http://cgi.ebay.com/12-ROLLS-ATG-REF...efaultDomain_0

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama

Last edited by buggainok; 08-20-2010 at 08:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2010, 09:09 AM   #78  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Buggin...I could not find it on Ebay when I was trying to find a link for Kitkat...I am so glad you did. I love this stuff and go through a ton of it. The price is great! I also just ordered 5 rolls of the 1/4" score tape to use on the composition books I am covering for the teacher next door.
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2010, 09:51 AM   #79  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
I'm with you, Amber. I saw some recommendations for Zip Dry and dashed to Michaels and got a bottle. I was very disappointed at how difficult it is to use. It does come out of the bottle in globs and strings.
Two years ago I was introduced to 3 in 1 (same as Zip Dry) and I hated it. I didn't like the strings or the globs, but I have a new appreciation of 3 in 1 for those special times when you need a super-fast hold.

My ATG is my fav for general purpose but when a glue dot is not holding and I don't want to wait for Tombow to dry I reach for the 3 in 1. I love it for holding strong magnets, metal to metal, heavy embellishment, etc. I use a toothpick to apply it and I do not get as many strings. Also, the strings are easier to pull off then removing extra Tombos, even with a glue eraser.

I use 3 in 1 because it's half the price of Zip Dry.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2010, 10:45 AM   #80  
Glitter Queen

Default Pritt is the old Red Duck?

Hey everyone! This thread has been great but I have a question. I noticed that Pritt looks alot like the Red Duck. Is this the same as the Red Duck of yesterday, not the crappy improved version they have now? I used to love the old Red Duck and after they came out with the so-called improved version, I never bought any.

Thanks! :cool:
Reply With Quote Likes