Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-17-2009, 04:19 PM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Thanks for enabling!!!

Just got back from W/M and Hobby Lobby. Thanks to the lovely SCS search engine and the happy-stampin' enablers here--I am now the proud owner of a 5" Xyron, a MM paper trimmer, and my first set of Nesties. (I got the plain rectangles to start me out; I may go back tomorrow with another coupon and get the scallop circles.).....And, of course, I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of my Big Shot I ordered Sunday. And so, now I have done MY part to stimulate the economy with my tax refund! :lol:
I may not get any better at papercrafts, but I'm sure gonna be well-equipped!:mrgreen:
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2009, 06:13 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

That's great, Terri. You got some wonderful basic tools and your cards will show it, I know.

If you need any more enabling, I would really recommend getting more scallop nesties. I started with all the scallop shapes, and used a plastic template for a while to trace and handcut my inner circles and ovals. Of course, you can just cut a square with your paper cutter, also.

Eventually I got the plain shapes, but the scallops seemed to make sense to me because I couldn't duplicate them any other way except with an expensive punch.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2009, 07:46 PM   #3  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
That's great, Terri. You got some wonderful basic tools and your cards will show it, I know.

If you need any more enabling, I would really recommend getting more scallop nesties. I started with all the scallop shapes, and used a plastic template for a while to trace and handcut my inner circles and ovals. Of course, you can just cut a square with your paper cutter, also.

Eventually I got the plain shapes, but the scallops seemed to make sense to me because I couldn't duplicate them any other way except with an expensive punch.
I wavered back and forth between the plain rectangles and the scallops, but decided on the plains FIRST, because I just will feel better knowing that what I'm cutting is actually cut in perfect angles. I'm SOOOOO new!
But I'm definitely getting those scallop circles asap! And then I'm on to scallop ovals for sure. Gotta keep waiting on those 40% off coupons--well, and CASH to pay for it! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2009, 04:43 AM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

The nestabilities are addicting......I don't have a Hobby Lobby near me so I've never been therefore I don't know how much they charge for the nesties...BUT I get mine online at www.ucutathome.com and you can sign up for a 40% coupon that you get once a month and you can buy the basics in sets of 4 and with shipping it ends up being like $53 or something like that I have bought the squares, circles, ovals and rectangles in these sets and their shipping is super fast. Sorry hate to enable!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2009, 04:25 PM   #5  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by GatomomView Post
The nestabilities are addicting......I don't have a Hobby Lobby near me so I've never been therefore I don't know how much they charge for the nesties...BUT I get mine online at www.ucutathome.com and you can sign up for a 40% coupon that you get once a month and you can buy the basics in sets of 4 and with shipping it ends up being like $53 or something like that I have bought the squares, circles, ovals and rectangles in these sets and their shipping is super fast. Sorry hate to enable!
I tell ya, it's like a drug addict looking for a "fix"--I'm SOOOOO completely caught up in this paper and ink stuff! Thanks for the tip!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2009, 08:27 PM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

How is everyone on SCS getting fast shipping from ucutathome? I recently placed an order with them and it took 2 weeks to get it, and I live in the US; Ohio in particular. I don't consider that fast shipping. I just received an order from Stampin Up and got it in 6 days.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2009, 10:35 PM   #7  
Kookie Creator

I was VERY pleasantly surprised at ucutathome. I thought there would be a catch to the 40% off but there wasn't. I also bought my first Dew Drops from them as well as some scor tape. My order was here in three days. I am loving the scor tape. I find myself reaching for it instead of my glue runner. I bought a roll of each size. As for the Dew Drops. Once I get the new colors of alcohol inks I'll buy clear Dew Drops and color them to my liking. I don't see any sense in buying the gazillions of color combinations that they offer. I'll make it a point to order a set of nesties from them every month. I had thought about posting a "brag" message on them but kept forgetting.

Ucutathome...if you're not registered you might want to if you're wanting to stock up on nesties.

Gail
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 12:59 AM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

I also live in Ohio and just recently placed my first order from Ucutathome and had really fast shipping. I was happy--and got a nestie I couldn't find locally.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 02:53 AM   #9  
*I stamp, therefore I am......*

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daisy TView Post
Just got back from W/M and Hobby Lobby. Thanks to the lovely SCS search engine and the happy-stampin' enablers here--I am now the proud owner of a 5" Xyron, a MM paper trimmer, and my first set of Nesties. (I got the plain rectangles to start me out; I may go back tomorrow with another coupon and get the scallop circles.).....And, of course, I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of my Big Shot I ordered Sunday. And so, now I have done MY part to stimulate the economy with my tax refund! :lol:
I may not get any better at papercrafts, but I'm sure gonna be well-equipped!:mrgreen:
you are so funny Daisy enjoy all your new toys!!!:-D:-D
today is a gift, enjoy every minute....

Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more. ...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 03:25 AM   #10  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by boobaletView Post
How is everyone on SCS getting fast shipping from ucutathome? I recently placed an order with them and it took 2 weeks to get it, and I live in the US; Ohio in particular. I don't consider that fast shipping. I just received an order from Stampin Up and got it in 6 days.
Wow sorry to hear that - I don't think I've ever waited more than 3 days to receive my orders from them....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 07:23 PM   #11  
Kookie Creator

I must say that I am thoroughly enjoying the MM trimmer! Amazing how much easier it is to cut with.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 07:33 PM   #12  
Glitter Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have fun with your toys!

About collecting Nesties (and you WILL start collecting them!), be sure to keep track of whether you're buying CLASSIC or PETITE scallops. You want to get the same ones in each set. (And it's even easier to remember if you just decide on one type and get all your scallop dies in that type for every shape.)

The difference is in the size of the scallops, so if you want to layer, your scallops will be off if you mix Classic & Petite.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2009, 08:40 AM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

I just got my most recent order of new release nesties from Ritz last Wednesday. I ordered 7 new sets from them last Monday...wow was that fast shipping....I have 4 more sets coming from ucutathome. blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2009, 08:45 AM   #14  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchickView Post
I just got my most recent order of new release nesties from Ritz last Wednesday. I ordered 7 new sets from them last Monday...wow was that fast shipping....I have 4 more sets coming from ucutathome. blessings.
WOW!! That's a lot of nesties!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2009, 08:48 AM   #15  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOtherMegView Post
Have fun with your toys!

About collecting Nesties (and you WILL start collecting them!), be sure to keep track of whether you're buying CLASSIC or PETITE scallops. You want to get the same ones in each set. (And it's even easier to remember if you just decide on one type and get all your scallop dies in that type for every shape.)

The difference is in the size of the scallops, so if you want to layer, your scallops will be off if you mix Classic & Petite.
Thanks for pointing this out. It makes me wonder if the new scallop oval punch from SU is more like the CLASSIC or PETITE ovals??? I'm doing my best to coordinate EVERYTHING so it'll all work well together.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2009, 08:53 AM   #16  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by GatomomView Post
Thanks for the recommendation. I had to tell ya, though--when I typed in that url, it left it in my history, naturally. When my niece came over Sunday and was looking up something, she clicked on that drop-down box, and then cracked up at the name and wondered what kind of torture-devices I was looking at! The name "ucutathome" apparently doesn't translate well for folks who don't know what you're talking about! :twisted:
Reply With Quote Likes