Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-12-2009, 11:07 PM   #1  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SU Craft white stamp pad

I recently purchased SU white in the hope that it would give a nice crisp colour. I am a little disappointed and still rely on my white embossing powder. Does anyone have any other ideas I can use it for.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2009, 12:12 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 347 Likes on 135 Posts

I've seen Craft White used to coat a chipboard shape, and once it's dry you can go over it with one or more of the classic colours and get a much better finish than if you had coloured with Classic ink directly onto the chipboard. Be careful though, the white takes longer to dry than you might expect.

(for any non Aus/NZ demos reading this - the only Craft ink we get here is white, so our substitute for Craft colours is to ink the stamp with Versamark and then with a classic colour, stamp and emboss with clear powder. Just in case you're wondering why I'm suggesting using Craft as a base for Classic colours). We keep asking for Craft colours but so far no joy.

Another thought - have you tried the white Staz On from the spring mini? You may have to reink the pad each time you use it, but it does give a good effect. It's a challenge to get off your stamps though, so get the Staz On cleaner as well. (looking on the bright side, that's an upsell opportunity )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2009, 04:22 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's kind of the point of craft ink, to use with embossing powder. I've never had any brand give a crisp image. Have you tried setting it with a heat gun even without EP? Craft ink was made to be heat set even without EP. I don't really find the staz-on to be all the crisp either...and I find it hard to get off my stamps even with the stazon cleaner but it's not like that messes with your stamp...just makes my OCD rear it's ugly head:-) Anyway,, that's just my two cents:-) Happy stamping

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes