Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-18-2007, 03:00 PM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Storage Ideas for Whale-Tail punches

Does anyone have any clever ideas for storage/organization of all sized whale-tail (thumb lever) punches? A friend of mine (and fellow Splitcoaster) once told me that she found a good idea on Splitcoast (I think), but I can't remember what exactly it was! I think it had something to do with a piece of rain gutter? HELP!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2007, 03:08 PM   #2  
Glitter Guru

I *think* these are similar in size to the large SU! punches. If so, a lot of gals have used some of these options:
  • clear over the door shoe holder
  • rain gutters
  • tool box type drawers (like at Home Depot)

I myself and still trying to figure out how to store mine:rolleyes:
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2007, 06:33 AM   #3  
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks! I LOVE the shoe holder idea- I never thought of that...that would be a really cheap way too! Yes, the punches I have are mostly from SU!, but I also have some of the larger Marvy Uchida ones (about the same size).....GREAT ADVICE! thanks again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2007, 07:38 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

I also saw someone post a picture of what looked like a curtain rod or very thin towel holder, they had that on their wall or side of a bookcase and the punches sat on the rod, tail down. I thought that was a good idea, right at your finger tips (depending on where you hang the rod I suppose).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2007, 08:05 AM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrussom
I also saw someone post a picture of what looked like a curtain rod or very thin towel holder, they had that on their wall or side of a bookcase and the punches sat on the rod, tail down. I thought that was a good idea, right at your finger tips (depending on where you hang the rod I suppose).
I did something very similar to this. I purchased the rods from Ikea that you can hang untensils and baskets on, KWIM? After mounting them to the wall, it came to me that I could stand my large punches up with the pole between the tail of the punch and lean them againest the wall. Works great and stores them out of the way but within easy reach and not thrown in a drawer Try it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2007, 02:13 PM   #6  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrussom
This is exactly what I did! I have a pic in my gallery! The curtain rods are so cheap at WalMart....can't go wrong!! If you have the space that is!!

~~~Look what I've been up to lately~~~ My Gallery!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2007, 09:25 PM   #7  
Embossing Fanatic

Default punch organizer

I store my punches in the Crop in Style Punch Pals - there are 2 different sizes and you can store all sizes and brands of punches. I have a teeny-tiny stamp space and I love them! They hang over the back of a door, have clear pockets, and connect to each other so you can fit 3 to a door.

I found mine on ebay for $15 each with shipping and handling - do a search for them online and you can find them on clearance as well. I don't own tons of punches so use the extra pockets to store glitters, embossing powders, embellishments, scissors and adhesives.

One of these days, I will clean up my stamp room enough so I can take pictures of my stamp room to share. It is the smallest space, but thanks to all of the great ideas on here, I was able to utilize every inch. Good luck with your room!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2007, 04:24 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

these are clever ideas...

however- i don't have space to put the curtain rod or a door to hang the shoe thing.

i just have one (will be needing to get another) of those sterlite 3 drawer storage units.

happy stamping!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2007, 07:54 AM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about a dowel (get them at any hardware or lumber store)? Tie a length of twine around both ends (or anchor into the dowel with a thumbtack). Then you can:

Tie the other ends of the twine together and hang the whole thing on a STURDY picture hanger from the wall (with your punches over the dowel, of course)

Or mount little cup hooks or eye hooks on the side of a bookcase or desk (don't ruin an expensive one!) and hang the dowel and punches from there.
Reply With Quote Likes