Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-09-2014, 11:22 AM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sticky/gummy clear stamps?

I just found some old clear stamps that I stored about 6 years ago and haven't touched until this week. When I took them out of the plastic storage box, they feel soft, sticky, gummy. (some of them even pulled apart or kind of disintegrated when I pulled them off the plastic sheet) For the ones that didn't break, is there any way to recondition them to get the sticky gummy feeling out? I have washed them with stamp cleaner, and with soap & water, but when they are dry, they are gummy again. Help??

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2014, 01:02 PM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try some goo gone or rubbing alcohol. I had some that way and this worked on mine. Heck, it was worth a try since I had nothing to lose except the stamps. I also found the goo gone helped them lift off the plastic film they were on. I then reconditioned them with a touch of glycerin and let them sit for a few days and they were as good as new. Have also used a gentle sanding on some. Lesson learned...I don't buy these anymore.....lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2014, 02:41 PM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

A lot of the older clear stamps were inferior, I've thrown loads away that started to fall apart. The newer photopolymer ones don't disintegrate like this though. Rubbing alcohol sounds like a good idea- wish I'd thought to try that before I threw mine away!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2014, 03:49 PM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You could also leave them in the sunlight. If they are photopolymer, the resin will react with the sunlight to harden and it just might make them usable again.
Reply With Quote Likes