Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-27-2009, 02:27 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sizzlit problem in cuttlebug

I am generally quite proficient at using my CB including quite a few different brands' dies but I have just 1 sizzlit die (a flourish) and I can rarely get a clean cut on 200gsm card (just normal card weight). I use A plate then B plate the die with the cutting side up, the card and the B plate. I have tried adding a extra layer of card stock to "thicken" the sandwich and exert more pressure on the die but I am still have problems. Could there be such a thing as a faulty die?
I have searched the threads but with no success to seeking an answer to my problem
Mad Michelle
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2009, 02:47 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just bought a birthday theme sizzlit set of 4 dies. I think, if the image has finer openings and lines, you have to just find a sandwich that will cause the image to cut and pop out. The 'Happy Birthday' sentiment has fine lines and must be popped out of the waste paper carefully. It is cut all the way around but needs a little extra nudging to get the waste paper to release the cut image. The other images are more chunky and readily pop out. I also have a small flourish sizzlit die but the stem parts are wider than the 'birthday' lettering so it was easy to pop out. Of course, you could have gotten a 'bad' die also. Good luck with solving your problem.

I also have a CB but will try my 'Birthday' sizzlit in my BS and see if it cuts out better.

Last edited by Crafter 4 Life; 03-27-2009 at 02:48 PM.. Reason: add info
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2009, 04:04 PM   #3  
Glitter Guru

Received 373 Likes on 222 Posts

Have you tried placing the die more toward the outer edges of the cutting mats? Sometimes the mats get a little warped, and certain dies are temperamental that way. If all these suggestions fail, you might indeed have a faulty die. It does happen. I hope you can get it to work.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2009, 04:12 PM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

I tried the 'Happy Birthday' die with the BS and it worked fine. The CB needs shims. Another thing, it might be the c/s that you are using. Of course, the more sturdy c/s cuts better.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2009, 04:23 PM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

I have the 'Scribbles Swirls' that I bought through but is not an exclusive. I have seen it at Michael's and it is the regular red sizzlit die. It looks like a flourish. I just tried it in the CB and it cuts through the c/s. Check that there is no paper stuck where the blades are. That could also cause the blades not to cut.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2009, 07:11 PM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Yabba Dabba Doo!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapjannyView Post
Have you tried placing the die more toward the outer edges of the cutting mats? Sometimes the mats get a little warped, and certain dies are temperamental that way. If all these suggestions fail, you might indeed have a faulty die. It does happen. I hope you can get it to work.
You hit the nail on the head. My B plate is slightly bent after 100's of cuts I just went and tried it and it worked 1st time. I went on to try it 10 more times with a couple of different cards and it worked 8 out of 10 times. I guess I had better hurry down to the store and buy a new B plate. I don't have any trouble cutting the thicker dies so I don't have to throw out my old B plate just yet!
Thank you so much.

Mad Michelle
(Mad as in crazy - I was meant to be MAD I was born with the initials M.A.D. then my mother married when I was 7 and he surname started with D and so I stayed MAD and then I married and became MADDER as my new surname started with De R.... so I guess I am just meant to live upto my name!!! :-D)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2009, 07:15 PM   #7  
Mad Swapper

So glad you got it figured out - I don't have any of these yet but have a few on my wish list so was going to be sad if they didn't cut right!

I was going to suggest using an open embossing folder as a shim - I've done that before and it's been just the right amount of thickness to give more pressure!

Cassie

P.S. Have ya'll seen the Cuttlebug survey??? Link below!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2009, 03:34 PM   #8  
Stampin' Fool

I am so glad I came across this thread. I was having the same problem and my B plates are VERY bent from use. Thank you so much I will move it closer to the edge.... What I really need to do is buy new plates.....LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2009, 04:14 PM   #9  
Glitter Guru

Received 373 Likes on 222 Posts

Glad to help. I try to alter where I place my dies to minimize warping. They do warp eventually, though. Happy you got at least most of your cuts.
Reply With Quote Likes