Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-23-2018, 05:27 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rectangle Die Help

Hello there!

I am looking for a stitched rectangle die set. Specifically, a rectangle that leaves just a little border on an A2 card front. The dies that I have cover the entire A2 card front. Looking for recommendations, please.

Thank you!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2018, 08:31 AM   #2  
Inking Addict

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have this set from Simon Says Stamp Simon Says Stamp STITCHED RECTANGLES Wafer Dies SSSD111455 In Stitches at Simon Says STAMP!. The largest size is 4 inches x 5.25 inches which may or may not leave the amount of border you want.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2018, 08:41 AM   #3  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There was a long thread last year about this with lots of people chiming in on the exact sizes of stitched rectangle dies. I ended up buying a few sets that met my needs. There are probably new ones out that require buying fewer sets. I ended up buying the MFT Blueprints 13 to get the 5.25X4 size. I also bought the large and small Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangles to get card size and the next couple sizes down. I also bought the SSS Inside and Out stitched Rectangles which gave me a 4X5.5 as the largest cut. The ones that didn’t work for me were the Memory Box Stitched Rectangle Layers which are a different dimension than a standard card in width and height no matter the size. I also don’t use the Lil Inkers set much since the stitching is so big. If you are going to layer stitched sizes, note that each brand may have different stitching looks and widths that don’t match up. This is just a place to start. I had to line up all my options before purchasing. Hopefully a newer set has been released or that I overlooked that will give you what you are looking for.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2018, 08:56 AM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have this set. It leaves a 1/4 inch border when you use the cut-out part. https://www.katscrappiness.com/colle...at-scrappiness
Her self-branded dies are a really good price. And what I like about this set is you can make stitched frames with them when you use 2 dies. I also have this set https://wholesalecraftingsupplies.co...-marie-designs but the border size of the second die is probably also 1/4 inch or slightly more. She also does great prices on her dies. The only thing is the shipping is high - probably to encourage more sales. Though she ships free if you spend over $50. (it's worded over $50 - not sure if it's actually at $50 since it's been awhile and I can't remember.)

If you're looking for a thinner border than 1/4 inch (like 1/8th, I don't know if there are any. I think most probably start at full card front size and then go down in 1/4 inch.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2018, 05:42 PM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 83 Likes on 43 Posts

This set from MFT Stamps might work for you. The largest die is 1/8" smaller than an A2 card; it leaves a 1/16" border. The rest decrease in size incrementally.

Die-namics A2 Stitched Rectangle STAX Set 1
Reply With Quote Likes