Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-13-2009, 10:40 AM   #41  
Glitter Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What an odd marketing idea. Why wouldn't they want people to buy the more expensive machine???
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 01:30 PM   #42  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our Quickutz club leader says they weren't able to get the original Revolution made anymore, so when they went to another mfr, they increased it to 6 inches and were able to drop the price too. The new 12 inch one was supposed to come out last year as the Love, but they had mfr problems with it and now will release with another mfr around Christmas time. The 6 in is a really good price, considering I paid $149 for the original! I can't justify a new 6 in or 12 in since I have the original Revolution and a Big Shot which should be able to handle any and all dies I would probably want.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 02:02 PM   #43  
Glitter Guru

Now that my QK 12" embossing folders have arrived, I REALLY want a 12" machine so I can emboss 12" scrapbook paper! The folders are wonderful. I tried one out this morning with my Big Kick and the result was gorgeous.

The BK takes the 12" dies and folders beautifully (as long as they're less than ~ 6.25" wide), but I would LOVE to use these long embossing folders on a full sheet of scrapbook paper. And I could use the border dies on 12" paper, too, if I had a machine that could take paper that wide.

So, I'm holding out for the 12" machine. Sounds like a great Christmas present!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 05:14 PM   #44  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOtherMegView Post
Now that my QK 12" embossing folders have arrived, I REALLY want a 12" machine so I can emboss 12" scrapbook paper! The folders are wonderful. I tried one out this morning with my Big Kick and the result was gorgeous.

The BK takes the 12" dies and folders beautifully (as long as they're less than ~ 6.25" wide), but I would LOVE to use these long embossing folders on a full sheet of scrapbook paper. And I could use the border dies on 12" paper, too, if I had a machine that could take paper that wide.

So, I'm holding out for the 12" machine. Sounds like a great Christmas present!
Meg, is it the border dies that are 12" long or are they larger folders? I really like the look of some of those border dies - heck, most of the folders are awesome. I just love embossing folders and I use them all the time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 06:19 PM   #45  
Glitter Guru

Both the QK border dies and the QK long embossing folders are approximately 12" long. The dies come in widths ranging from ~1.5" to ~3.5". They are very thin, like the other types of QK dies. The embossing folders are not quite 2" wide.

I've used them both in my BK and they work great! A while back, Oh My Crafts had all their QK border dies on sale for 50% off. I bought a bunch then. They've only got a few left: http://www.ohmycrafts.com/borderdies.aspx
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2009, 07:28 PM   #46  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

What an odd marketing idea. Why wouldn't they want people to buy the more expensive machine???
I imagine they want folks to buy the 6" version, then the 12" version. They have to recover the cost of bringing the 6" version to market and that would be why they would postpone the 12" version.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2009, 03:10 AM   #47  
Rubber Obsessor

Forums at Splitcoaststampers
and
Forums at Splitcoaststampers
cover this subject in helpful detail. I found the conversation fascinating, as I have decided, and begun to, unmount all my SU wheels.
HTH! -Melissa:p

OOPS! Wrong thread! SORRY!

Last edited by Creative-Juices; 05-14-2009 at 03:11 AM.. Reason: wrong thread!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2009, 09:50 AM   #48  
Matboard Maniac

I pre-ordered this one! QK has excellent customer service, stands behind their products and always resolves any issues. I have a Rev and I LOVE the magnetic plate but I bought this one as it has all metal gears and the 6" platform. But then, I have no use for the 12" and don't intend to buy it so this one was just fine for my use.

The price is awesome too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2009, 03:07 PM   #49  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Both the QK border dies and the QK long embossing folders are approximately 12" long. The dies come in widths ranging from ~1.5" to ~3.5". They are very thin, like the other types of QK dies. The embossing folders are not quite 2" wide.

I've used them both in my BK and they work great! A while back, Oh My Crafts had all their QK border dies on sale for 50% off. I bought a bunch then. They've only got a few left: http://www.ohmycrafts.com/borderdies.aspx
Thanks so much Meg!
Reply With Quote Likes