Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-11-2008, 02:51 PM   #1  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quickcutz in my wizard??

What's the right combination to get a quickcutz die to cut in my wizard. I think i have all the various spacer plates and rubber mats... i did get it to cut with a white spacer plate but it made a horrible noise and then i couldn't get the paper out of the die without damaging it... any ideas?
thanks
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2008, 04:48 AM   #2  
Mad Swapper

I use the white spacer mat between the two white master mats. My mats are somewhat bowed from use so if they are not cutting all the way through, I fold up a paper towel or scrap card stock to build it up. Do you have the ejection foam on the dies? Have you used the Wizard with Spellbinder's dies? I only ask because the thickness of QK and Spellbinders dies are close. My machine always clicks and clacks as when I use it. HTH!
Old 03-12-2008, 04:23 PM   #3  
Embossing Fanatic

see i knew i was doing something wrong! what is ejection foam??? i know i saw some foam like thing in the packaging, but of course i didn't attempt to find out what that was for. duh rach! ok i'll have to look into that a little further. thank you so much!!!!
rach
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2008, 04:51 PM   #4  
Mad Swapper

Nah, I had the same problem when I first bought QK dies. Put the foam on the die and run it through your machine. I peel away the outer foam (though some don't), just don't peel the foam that fills the shape. This prevents your card stock from getting stuck in the grooves. Now, go have some fun cutting! :mrgreen:
Old 03-13-2008, 04:10 AM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3 Little Love BugsView Post
I use the white spacer mat between the two white master mats. My mats are somewhat bowed from use so if they are not cutting all the way through, I fold up a paper towel or scrap card stock to build it up. Do you have the ejection foam on the dies? Have you used the Wizard with Spellbinder's dies? I only ask because the thickness of QK and Spellbinders dies are close. My machine always clicks and clacks as when I use it. HTH!
FYI - the clicking and clacking you are talking about is actually the paper, unless you are talking about the ratcheting of the handle.

The thicker the cs the louder the popping. When I use foils they are soft and I don't hear any popping at all....same with fun foam....no popping.

Kim
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2008, 06:18 PM   #6  
Embossing Fanatic

ok that makes sense as i normally only use it for embossing, that's why i've not heard those noises.. i just know that my former LSS owner did have her wizard break when too much was put thru it.... i'll relax a little... now where is my ejection foam??

thanks girls!!
rach
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2008, 05:42 AM   #7  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimInIowaView Post
FYI - the clicking and clacking you are talking about is actually the paper, unless you are talking about the ratcheting of the handle.

The thicker the cs the louder the popping. When I use foils they are soft and I don't hear any popping at all....same with fun foam....no popping.

Kim

Yes, my husband finds it amusing that paper/card stock should be so noisy. Me? I find it strangely satisfying to hear my card stock being cut! I know, I'm weird, but in a good way, I promise! LOL! :mrgreen:
Old 03-14-2008, 05:49 AM   #8  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by rachnettView Post
ok that makes sense as i normally only use it for embossing, that's why i've not heard those noises.. i just know that my former LSS owner did have her wizard break when too much was put thru it.... i'll relax a little... now where is my ejection foam??

thanks girls!!
rach

I have put a lot through my wizard without breaking it, however, I did break my plates last summer. Note to self, should I ever break my plates again, put the kids in the other room lest they be knocked out by flying plates!
Old 03-15-2008, 02:08 PM   #9  
Embossing Fanatic

oh girls i'm loving my wizard and quickcutz dies! thanks you to guys. i put the ejection foam on the die and it works perfect, yeah!! I feel a little silly that it's taken me this long to realize i was able to use these dies with my wizard. i also got my nestabilities to work flawlessly with the papertrey white paper i recently ordered.

All is right in my world now!!!
rach
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2008, 07:14 PM   #10  
Rubber Obsessor

Smile

I gather from reading this thread that you can use Quickutz dies in the Wizard, which I have and love, but you must use the ejection foam that comes with the dies. Is this correct? Quickutz has a nice flower nesting set (they look like scallops) I'd like to get if I can use it in my Wizard. Any other hints?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2008, 05:11 AM   #11  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by SansueshaView Post
I gather from reading this thread that you can use Quickutz dies in the Wizard, which I have and love, but you must use the ejection foam that comes with the dies. Is this correct? Quickutz has a nice flower nesting set (they look like scallops) I'd like to get if I can use it in my Wizard. Any other hints?

Yes, you need to have the ejection foam on. If you run the die through without it, your card stock will be stuck in the grooves and you probably won't get it out without tearing it. For QK dies my recipe is: white master mat, spacer place, die & card stock, white master mat (cutting mat). Sometimes I use a folded paper towel under the spacer plate if it's not cutting all the way through, but this is only if my master mats are bowed. Go have some fun, I'd love to see what you come up with!
Old 05-04-2008, 11:25 AM   #12  
Rubber Obsessor

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3 Little Love BugsView Post
Yes, you need to have the ejection foam on. If you run the die through without it, your card stock will be stuck in the grooves and you probably won't get it out without tearing it. For QK dies my recipe is: white master mat, spacer place, die & card stock, white master mat (cutting mat). Sometimes I use a folded paper towel under the spacer plate if it's not cutting all the way through, but this is only if my master mats are bowed. Go have some fun, I'd love to see what you come up with!
Thanks you so much, Shelly! You gave me courage to get out some old Quickutz dies I've had and play with them. The sandwich "recipe" that works best in my Wizard is: white cut mat, copper-colored steel mat (sold for by Spellbinders for embossing charms and setting eyelets), Quickutz die, cardstock and White embossing Mat. Yesterday I bought the 12" scallop borders dies. I don't have any long plates, but I was able to get 5-1/2" scalloped strips using the recipe above.

Now my question is how to make a card front with one outside edge scalloped (and not make an actual cut out strip that would need to be glued on.) Any ideas out there? Again, thanks loads!
:cool:
Reply With Quote Likes