Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-11-2008, 05:16 PM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Question for those who received your SU Black Friday purchases...

Just curious...

Were your orders complete? My order history on the SU website is a mess - listing some items twice, some with the same tracking number but different shipping dates, etc, etc. I received my Curly punch, but no stamps despite the fact that my order history AND shipping notification from SU said both had shipped in the same package with the same tracking number on the same day. After much poking around between emails and my order history I realized that I still have another package in transit. It's really just a mess. I'm crossing my fingers that the "mystery package" that is still in transit contains my stamps.

I thought I might take advantage of the free shipping deal, but I just spent way too much time sorting through my account history to even think about placing a new order. (I'm sure I'll find my way back, though!! LOL!)

I know there was lots of angst surrounding the way this sale was orchestrated and I'm just curious if there were random shipping issues as well.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 06:01 PM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

I ordered something earlier this week (not a Black Friday order and not free shipping order) and SU sent me a tracking number yesterday. Great - only problem is that the tracking number is invalid as it shows the delivery was already made to Minneapolis on 9/11/07. Gee - how in the world did SU know I wanted something so far in advance and yet mail it to the wrong place, over 1100 miles away?

Yet, when I look at my acct online, my order still shows as "submitted." I think something's messed up with their shipping/notification system. I've sent an e-mail to SU asking them to straighten out the tracking number so I can get an idea of when to expect my order. Hopefully my stuff gets here over the weekend so I can play! hope your stuff arrives soon too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 08:13 PM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

I got it all at once, including the Curly Label bundle, and it came very quickly! I was really pleased.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 08:21 PM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

in regards to: tracking number is invalid as it shows the delivery was already made to Minneapolis on 9/11/07. Gee - how in the world did SU know I wanted something so far in advance and yet mail it to the wrong place, over 1100 miles away?

I work customer service for a company that uses UPS. UPS has a tendacy to recycle tracking numbers. Sometimes if you can if you can click View package progress you might get a better view of what is happening. We have customers complaining about this all the time. They live in IA and the package shows delivered to FL some people get really upset over this. Hope you find your package. I to am waiting for a pkg also.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2008, 09:06 PM   #5  
Glitter Guru

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My order had the same issues - strange tracking number from 2007 that was already delivered and missing the curly punch stamps (the punch was there just not the stamps) and the Top Note die. The stamps arrived yesterday in a bubble envelope so I'm sure the Top Note die will be along soon. So try not to worry, odds are our orders will be completed soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2008, 03:19 AM   #6  
Inking Addict

Default top note die missing-anyone received theirs yet?

My order came without the top note die... it was not listed on the packing slip at all. I thought the packing slip would say 'backordered' for this item, but there's no mention of it at all. It was ordered either the Sunday or Monday after Turkey day and I recieved my order monday. I planned to use it this weekend and I am really disappointed. Maybe it will show up today. I can only keep my fingers crossed. I can understand not wanting to have too much back stock on hand, but disappointing customers at this time is not good practice. I will still order from SU!, but I thought I gave myself plenty of time to get this item so that I could use it when I need to.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2008, 03:23 AM   #7  
Kookie Creator

you all are very lucky I wanted the curly lable punch and was told it was sold out :( not enough quantity to go around :( this isn't a discontinued item so I'm not sure how it could be sold out but that's what my demo was told :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2008, 03:35 AM   #8  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkView Post
you all are very lucky I wanted the curly lable punch and was told it was sold out :( not enough quantity to go around :( this isn't a discontinued item so I'm not sure how it could be sold out but that's what my demo was told :(
Because it was a special offer, SU only had a limited number for the sale price. Kind of like airlines with their cheap tickets. Sure, they have 100 seats, but they only offer 15 for $99. You can still buy a seat, but you have to pay more. Same with SU. They have lots of the punch sets, but they sold all the discounted ones very quickly. You can still order the full price set, though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2008, 04:02 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I would email SU to ask these questions or ask your demo to look into it. I know they had a mess with the new system.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2008, 04:23 AM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

I placed an order for the black Friday sale too. Two stamp sets were on back order and I did get my Curly punch stamp set and punch. I did not however get the tin box it usually comes in.:confused: I am waiting to see if it comes with the back ordered stamps. If it doesn't I am going to call DS. I did not see anything saying that it was not part of the bundle, and it was going to be a Christmas gift for my sister. It would be nice to give it to her in the tin. If it is not supposed to come with it, I think it should have been clearly marked. It was listed as the same price as if it did come with it. Did anyone else have this happen to them or was I the only one..:(

Gail :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2008, 04:51 AM   #11  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by speanburg4View Post
Because it was a special offer, SU only had a limited number for the sale price. Kind of like airlines with their cheap tickets. Sure, they have 100 seats, but they only offer 15 for $99. You can still buy a seat, but you have to pay more. Same with SU. They have lots of the punch sets, but they sold all the discounted ones very quickly. You can still order the full price set, though.
I understand how that could happen but it was not made clear that there were limited supplies and it seems some were backordered so i'm not really sure how they can pick and choose what to honor and what not to honor. I suppose they know we will continue to buy so customer satisfaction doesn't seem to be high on the list.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2008, 04:51 AM   #12  
Mad Swapper

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought that too, but in looking at the catalog again, it does not come with a blue box or any ink spots.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2008, 04:59 AM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badger53186View Post
I bought that too, but in looking at the catalog again, it does not come with a blue box or any ink spots.
I just looked and you are right. I did not even notice that when I looked before I had ordered it. I knew it didn't come with ink spots,but guess I just over looked the "missing" blue tin since all the other punch bundles came in one. I still think it would be nice and should come with one(without having to buy one seperately). Oh well...I guess I have to look more carefully!!

Thanks for pointing that out for me though... :-)

Gail :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2008, 10:23 PM   #14  
Kookie Creator

I ordered 5 of the bundles and the only thing that was BO was the family stamps...I got those last week. All in all...pretty good and shipping was pretty fast. I am pleased.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2008, 11:51 AM   #15  
Compulsive Stamper

I rev'd my entire order-and quickly too.
Reply With Quote Likes