Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-13-2009, 11:53 AM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Product at Hobby Lobby

Our new HL opened up last week and it was a bust. I am sad to say the products were not there and stock was very low. They had just 3 isles devoted to Scrapbooking. So even if they ever do stock up I think my local grocery store will still have more product to pick from.

I was looking for Nesties which I was told they would carry. Nope they don't have them. I was looking at the Bind it all products.........thank god I already bought my BIA because they didn't have one. They had 3 spirals to pick from all the same size.....woopty do.

I was excited and I could not wait for the store to open. Now I don't even know if I will go back, yes it was that bad.

How is HL in your area?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2009, 12:29 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

i think my local HL has more than what you listed...

but still leaves A LOT to be desired!

but i don't have a lot to choose from. all i have here is the HL and a joann's that has EVEN less to offer than the HL.

michael's is almost an hour away and i am not thrilled with it either.

i really miss the scrapbook store that was here. they closed a few years ago... snivel snivel...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2009, 12:29 PM   #3  
Embossing Fanatic

I am so sad for you! I would be so mad if a brand Hobby Lobby opened and had nothing worth purchasing. We are in a small town, but our Hobby Lobby carries a pretty good supply. They seem to have been updating to some of the newer products as well. They now carry machines and supplies for the cricut, slice, big shot, bind it all, nestabilities, and they have begun carrying Tim Holtz products and stickles as well. It's still not perfect, but I don't have to order as much online. I really hope your Hobby Lobby steps up its game!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2009, 12:37 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Gosh, what a bummer. I live in Oklahoma City, which is where the Hobby Lobby stores originated, and the owner/founder lives here.

We have 5 Hobby Lobby stores here all around town. They are all very large and very well stocked.

Sorry about your bad experience. I spend a lot of time (and $$$ at Hobby Lobby.)

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2009, 12:42 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 127 Posts

deborah-are you in ny?
the hl in webster/rochester has their nesties upstairs in the office.
i was shopping there a few weeks ago-the manger of scrapbooking heard me complain to my fellow stampin friend. came over to ask if i wanted to see the nesties-HE!! yes i said.
she told me they had to move them upstairs because of shoplifting! now what about the other ladies that want/need this product but aren't chatting loudly w/ friends!
if you are looking for great deals on nesties go to

www.ritzcamera.com

all scrapbooking products are 20% off til the end of the month.
they also have great brads.
good luck
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2009, 12:43 PM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

Oh. I'm so sorry. We have a large HL and I spend a lot of time and money in there as well. I can't imagine a new one opening up and not having much. What is the population of your city?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2009, 12:53 PM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

Before I abandoned the store, I would see the manager and inform him/her what I expected to see and why I was disappointed. They may have stocked a little of everything to see what crafts are popular in your area. In some areas paper may not be as popular as something else. Get all of your peeps together and call on the manager one at a time with your requests and disappointments. Their desire and job is to make the store successful, so they may appreciate the input.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2009, 01:00 PM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by onelightningchicView Post
They may have stocked a little of everything to see what crafts are popular in your area.
With the financial industry the way it is right now, it's more likely they couldn't get the credit to buy a full store's worth of inventory for opening.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2009, 01:07 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Boy, what a shame -- my sister and I always made a point of stopping at the HL in Florence, SC on our way to/from Savannah when we were both down there going to school. I'm with maironad on the possibility that they had difficulty purchasing enough stock to pack out the store. Delaying the opening probably wasn't an option, either, because doing so could incur expensive financial penalties.

I absolutely LOVE Hobby Lobby, and wish that I could find one that's less than five hours away! :(

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2009, 02:34 PM   #10  
Glitter Queen

A new Hobby Lobby just opened up here in the Syracuse area and the opening was about a week or so ago. They opened on a Monday and hubby took me there on Saturday. OMG it was PACKED!! It took me THIRTY minutes to get through the check out.

I was ecstatic with the choices they had there. It was about 5 aisles(?) for scrapbooking/card making stuff and a few stand-alone "in-between the aisles" displays with stuff. They just had so much more of a selection of items than the other craft stores in the area and they had STICKLES!

I ended up buying a paper rack thing (with a 40% off coupon), some stickles and some black stazon ink. Sadly, I've been on a spending frenzy the past few months so I had to behave while at Hobby Lobby hehe
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2009, 02:38 PM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 127 Posts

miztrezzlyn-check out my signature. we are meeting for a stampin gathering right in syracuse on may 2nd.
just click on the link. come chat w/ us. you may already know some who are joining us. if nothing else you might just find a couple local stampn/shopping friends.
hope you join us
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2009, 02:51 PM   #12  
Matboard Maniac

Default Very interesting

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowcountry311View Post
deborah-are you in ny?
the hl in webster/rochester has their nesties upstairs in the office.
i was shopping there a few weeks ago-the manger of scrapbooking heard me complain to my fellow stampin friend. came over to ask if i wanted to see the nesties-HE!! yes i said.
she told me they had to move them upstairs because of shoplifting! now what about the other ladies that want/need this product but aren't chatting loudly w/ friends!
if you are looking for great deals on nesties go to

www.ritzcamera.com

all scrapbooking products are 20% off til the end of the month.
they also have great brads.
good luck
The Michaels we have around Toronto (but not IN Toronto, they are not in the cities for some reason) have the larger sizzix dies in empty boxes you take to the cashier and they fill them with product. I guess there must be plenty of shoplifters in the area around Toronto.

We have no Hobby Lobbies, no Archivers, no AC Moores and none of the other stores you have in the US. Our WalMarts only have glue and that is about it. Staples does sell cardstock if you like white only and it is pretty cheap and not bad either. They also have a few tools but not many.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2009, 12:08 AM   #13  
Compulsive Stamper

Send a message via Skype™ to kimnamsoon63

Hey guys, You can write to Hobby Lobby Customer Service at 7707 SW 44th Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73179. They love getting letters from their customers...to see what's good and to see what needs to be changed. Sometimes, they stock the store according to the trends, so you would be doing them a favor by going to the manager. You can also go to their website www.hobbylobby.com and it will take you to a website (Crafts Etc) which is a subsidary of Hobby Lobby. (I was a Hobby Lobby Corporate Headquarters employee until I retired). It is a nice Christian based company and the owners really care about their employees.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2009, 12:37 AM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

I think I will write to them kim. Thanks for the address. I know others were not happy either. I am in Michigan by the way.

I have never heard anything but the best about HL that is why I was surprised to see not very much in crafts and more geared towards baskets and dishes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2009, 05:30 AM   #15  
Mad Swapper

I know when our newest one opened 1-1/2 years ago it wasn't fully stocked on opening day. However, you could easily see how much space was dedicated to each department clearly. Our stores are wonderful and very hard on my wallet. LOL!!!

I agree I would contact the manager or write the headquarters. Good luck I hope the scrapbooking area improves!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2009, 10:47 AM   #16  
Matboard Maniac

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm with you Nicole's Mom. I went to the same Hobby Lobby today and was disappointed. They did have some nesties out but not many and older ones. The scrapbooking section was almost empty but I didn't know if they were sold out due to the large crowds this week or what. They did have a good selection of Cricut stuff. I'm hoping it's better next time I go.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2009, 11:58 AM   #17  
Glitter Guru

When the second HL opened here, it wasn't fully stocked either. After a week or so, they caught up and are usually well stocked now. I did think it was odd to not make sure the store was fully stocked before they opened, but they did they same thing here. Hopefully your store will get stocked soon.

Denise
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2009, 01:35 PM   #18  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by odie1View Post
I'm with you Nicole's Mom. I went to the same Hobby Lobby today and was disappointed. They did have some nesties out but not many and older ones. The scrapbooking section was almost empty but I didn't know if they were sold out due to the large crowds this week or what. They did have a good selection of Cricut stuff. I'm hoping it's better next time I go.
Odie are you talking about the Canton store? Where did you see the nesties at? Were they over by the punches? Good to see another Michigan Poster. Come join us in the Michigan Mingler thread over in Fun and Games.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2009, 02:51 PM   #19  
Matboard Maniac

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes it was the Canton store/ The nesties were on the display with the Cricut stuff. It was in the center aisle just before you got to the scrapbook section. I've tried to follow the posts for the MI people but I always feel like I jumped in the middle of a movie and can't figure out what's going on. lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2009, 03:58 PM   #20  
Pearl-ExPert

Well darn, I bet they were there and I missed the nesties. I didn't spend much time at the cricut since I just bought one. I will let it settle down and I will try again. I am not much for crowds anyway and the store was way to crowded for my taste. Thanks for letting me know Odie. Since I don't own any Nesties, whatever they have would be fine with me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2009, 09:53 PM   #21  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by row4dView Post
Boy, what a shame -- my sister and I always made a point of stopping at the HL in Florence, SC on our way to/from Savannah when we were both down there going to school. I'm with maironad on the possibility that they had difficulty purchasing enough stock to pack out the store. Delaying the opening probably wasn't an option, either, because doing so could incur expensive financial penalties.

I absolutely LOVE Hobby Lobby, and wish that I could find one that's less than five hours away! :(
I am the same way Every time I drive to GA to visit my husband I always stop by a HL (the closest one to him though is in SC about 45min to an hour from Augusta) I live in VA and the closest HL is in SC. So I am always saving up my money for my once a month spending spree. What am I going to do when my hubby comes home and I wont have to drive to GA anymore? Why, visit my best friend ofcourse! She is also 30 min away from a HL. But where she lives, 30 min is a short trip :cool:

I hope HL makes there way up here. All I have is a tiny Joannes. a regular Michaels and a Ben Franklin Crafts (which is poorly stocked for scrapbooking) AC Moore is an hour away. The closest larger Joannes is an hour away in Richmond. I really dont like to pay shipping so I wish they were all closer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2009, 10:45 PM   #22  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Deborah - talk to the store manager. I talk to mine and she orders things I want. btw - in my store they keep the Nesties and CB items on a center isle thingy and not in the scrapbooking aisle.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2009, 06:27 AM   #23  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillieDeeView Post
Deborah - talk to the store manager. I talk to mine and she orders things I want. btw - in my store they keep the Nesties and CB items on a center isle thingy and not in the scrapbooking aisle.
That's the same for us! The Nesties, CB, Slice and Cricut stuff are all in the aisle instead of in on the shelves. I love our HL. And the people are so helpful.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2009, 07:07 AM   #24  
Polyshrink Goddess

I think this is how it is for newer stores. When our store opened it looked like they should have waited a few weeks to fill the shelves. But over a little period of time it looked like a store
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2009, 10:02 AM   #25  
Pearl-ExPert

The thing is they opened secretly before opening day to get the kinks out. I think if they are going to stock more then on opening day they need a sign that says, Please note more stock is coming in daily and more product will be on the shelf shortly. First impressions do count.

I will give it one more shot. All in all though it is only 3 isles. I expected half of the store.
Reply With Quote Likes