Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-17-2010, 06:52 PM   #121  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

all i can see is the rolls for 168.00 ack!!! too tired perhaps to keep looking any help would be great
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2010, 07:00 PM   #122  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchased 3 rolls of ATG Craft tape off of Ebay that was from The Tape Depot for $7.55. Here is the link: 3 ROLLS - ATG CRAFT TAPE - ACID FREE - 1/4" X 36YD - eBay (item 370295618654 end time Aug-20-10 10:58:18 PDT)

Here is one for 12 rolls of ATG Craft tape off of Ebay from The Tape Depot for $18: 12 ROLLS - CRAFT TAPE - ATG PHOTO TAPE - 1/4" X 36YD - eBay (item 370383627701 end time Sep-16-10 12:49:57 PDT)

I just got my Pink ATG gun delivered by UPS today. I loaded the tape and it works great! I am so excited to be able to whip out projects quicker and cheaper!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2010, 08:07 PM   #123  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by tropicalsmilesView Post
question for you..
what type do you buy from the tape depot??

The Reverse Wound 7502 12 Roll Sub Pack. If you need help figuring out the drop down menus or anything, let me know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2010, 11:27 PM   #124  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by tropicalsmilesView Post
question for you..
what type do you buy from the tape depot??
Here you go: the 1/4-inch Acid Free refills are "Reverse Wound Transfer ATG-7502" at The Tape Depot. Click on the link below:

Reverse Wound Transfer ATG-7502

When you go to this page, you set the top pulldown menu to either cases (144 rolls per) or a 12-roll sub-pack, then in the bottom pulldown you select the 1/4 inch tape and you can see the prices.

If you go in with friends, the cases are the best deal, (unless you actually want 144 rolls on hand, what a great sense of security!) but you can't post a request for participants in the forums anymore, FYI.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2010, 11:39 AM   #125  
Polyshrink Goddess

Woo-hoooooo! I FINALLY got my pink ATG today at Michael's! Yay!! This was after two trips to the store and them telling me they didn't have any...ugh. But today the lady was nice and went in the back to look for them. Obviously, she found them!! I'm so excited to use it! I loaded it at my grandparents' house today on the way home...lol! I'm home now and can't wait to use it! Good luck to everyone else trying to get them!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2010, 02:45 PM   #126  
Polyshrink Goddess

I am excited! The sales clerk at Michaels that took my name and phone number has called me a couple of times to update the status of the pink ATG. Today she called to say it was here and being held for me. What a lovely person! I made a quick trip down to the store and picked it up - have not even opened it yet, but this is a start.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2010, 05:21 PM   #127  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by heidi419View Post
Woo-hoooooo! I FINALLY got my pink ATG today at Michael's! Y I loaded it at my grandparents' house today on the way home...lol! I'm home now and can't wait to use it!
I am laughing so hard - I stopped on they way home from my triumphant Michaels foray to show it to my sister. I had to load it up then and there and I made her give me a bunch of scrap paper so I could stick it together! Needless to say she was laughing at me the whole time.

Plus, ahem, I kept pointing at people and shooting them. . . something about how BIG the darn thing is, feels like a weapon! Super-Adhesive Woman!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2010, 05:30 PM   #128  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynnephelpsView Post
I kept pointing at people and shooting them. . . something about how BIG the darn thing is, feels like a weapon! Super-Adhesive Woman!!!

What a picture. :lol::lol::lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2010, 05:49 PM   #129  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynnephelpsView Post
I am laughing so hard - I stopped on they way home from my triumphant Michaels foray to show it to my sister. I had to load it up then and there and I made her give me a bunch of scrap paper so I could stick it together! Needless to say she was laughing at me the whole time.

Plus, ahem, I kept pointing at people and shooting them. . . something about how BIG the darn thing is, feels like a weapon! Super-Adhesive Woman!!!
hahaha!! that is hilarious!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2010, 06:00 PM   #130  
Crimping Master

Introducing.......SUPER-ADHESIVE WOMAN!! (formerly known as Lynne Phelps) :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2010, 06:20 PM   #131  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts

Just bought my pink ATG for $20.99 (LOVE coupons!) without sales tax while making a pit stop at the Keene, NH Mike's! This Central New Yorker is SO happy not to pay the 8.75% sales tax!! The pink one looks to be the same as my red 714 but a lot less $$. I bought my 714 from framingsupplies.com a year or so ago and LOVE it. Finding the pink one was a big highlight of this weekend's mini vacation to Rye, NH...right up there with spotting 4 Fin whales on a whale watch trip! LOL! I've wanted a second ATG for quite a while so I can keep one in Craftyland while the other will live in my craft tote.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2010, 05:52 AM   #132  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Armed with a picture and two SKU#'s, I finally am the proud owner of a pink ATG gun!!! At first the clerk said they didn't have anything like them and than I said that I had a stock number and she found it on her gun. They were in the art section of the store almost sitting on the floor of the end cap next to the blank canvas thingys. The funny thing is, I walked right past them going to the back of the store to the framing section and didn't even see them! Both of these numbers work: 051111922606 OR 156893. Also used a 40% off coupon too...YEAH!!!!

My blog: www.maryscraftroom.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2010, 08:09 AM   #133  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Why the heck would these Michaels stores hide them like that? I got mine by mail a few days ago, it's great! And so quiet, I wasn't expecting that. Still a bit clumsy with it, but I'll get better soon enough! Loading it was no problem at all.

I need to use up my 4 Glue Glider Pro refills, then it's going to the Goodwill. Never was fully happy with it and the refills are way too bulky and expensive. Plus, I couldn't get the refills locally.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2010, 08:29 AM   #134  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by CartermrcView Post
Why the heck would these Michaels stores hide them like that?
The 714 and the yellow gun were mainly used as a tool in industry and framing, such as attaching the brown backing paper. I think that Michaels must not have caught on that the pink ones are for CRAFTERS! :-)

The location seems to vary by Michaels. One had them in the adhesives section, and another had them in the paper crafting section. I guess you could say it adds to the thrill of the hunt.

Lynne, a.k.a. SUPER ADHESIVE WOMAN! ;-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2010, 05:00 PM   #135  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

yippy..i went to the michales here in Calgary,Canada, and yes that scu worked here also and when the lady helped me look sadly we couldnt find it..i got home
10mins later they called me to say they found it now its on hold for me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2010, 05:01 PM   #136  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by paris062View Post
Is there any difference between this one and the yellow ATG? I have been contemplating buying an ATG for awhile now but could not justify the expense. Right now, I use tombow but would love something like the ATG for larger projects and mass production. I do have the GlueGlider Pro and I hate it! The adhesive is not one solid strip but several tiny strips strung together. The refills are outrageously expensive for the amount that is on the roll. I think the ATG would give me more bang for my buck.
I'm in hot pursuit of the elusive pink ATG also. I also have the GGP and am less than thrilled with it. I love the size, hate the cost of the refills, AND really hate that several of my refills have seemed to be defective. They become really hard to roll about half way through. Now that's a bummer at the price they charge. I called the GGP company and they sent me replacements - but I just don't want the hassle.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2010, 05:29 PM   #137  
Glitter Queen

Default Pink ATG

I bought the Pink ATG at Michael's last week for 40% off. It was originally $49.99, and it came with two acid free refills. It is the same as the red 714 ATG. I LOVE IT!!!! It takes 1/4" tapes, while the yellow ATG uses 1/2".
Diane
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2010, 06:18 PM   #138  
Matboard Maniac

The Michaels here had it listed for $35 so with the coupon it came to about $23 after tax.

But you can't find one locally, you can get one from ScrappingStamping.com for $25.99, and if you include it in an order with other items, you get free shipping over $60 and no sales tax, which usually isn't difficult to achieve! Shipping under $60 is $4.99. Not affiliated, but I have ordered from them several times and it is in stock right now.

The new pink gun is just like the red 714 gun, but according to 3M they have used different, less expensive material. I am thrilled with the quality, it is extremely sturdy and feel good in my hand (even when I am not doing my SUPER ADHESIVE WOMAN imitation of the James Bond intro, enough said...)

The red 714 (which is also a 1/4-inch tape gun) lists for around $74 and you can find it at framingsupplies.com and on Amazon in the $46 price range plus shipping. The new pink ATG, officially called the "Advanced Tape Glider", is definitely the way to go when you consider it includes two roles of acid-free tape.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2010, 06:49 AM   #139  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

For what I'm going to use it for, it will be perfect!

My blog: www.maryscraftroom.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2010, 04:34 PM   #140  
Matboard Maniac

Well, I have discovered the hard way that the Advanced Tape that comes with the new pink gun does not hang onto ribbon AT ALL! I had done a ruched ribbon treatment on this card and when I looked at it this morning it was all completely unstuck from the card except for the very top and bottom. I had hoped that this new tape had more holding power than the Glue Glider. I am refering to the "new" acid free "advanced" tape that is included in the package.

Can anyone who 1) has the new pink gun and 2) has previously used either the 3M Gold tape or the Tape Depot 7502 tape comment on the holding power as compared to the new "advanced" tape?

I have already purchased Tape Depot refills, so I am hoping it is stickier than this!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2010, 05:05 PM   #141  
Crimping Master

Well, mine turned up in the post this morning. I can see this will save me a lot of time peeling DST backings off.

Thanks to reading advice from you girls I can use it with no trouble at all and I'd never even seen one before now.

Can't wait to get my meeting for the day over with so I can play.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2010, 05:13 PM   #142  
Crimping Master

Super Adhesive Woman, I'm sorry to hear the sticky won't hold the ribbon. :( I hope one of the other tapes that fits will. I love ribbon.:oops: You must be very coordinated to get the ATG tape on the ribbon. Or do you put it on the page first?

I haven't tried ruching yet but it was on my to do list after some ribbon I found yesterday gave me an idea. I've always used ribbon flat as a border - too lazy to cut a strip of paper.:rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2010, 05:18 PM   #143  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by KoffeeKatView Post
Super Adhesive Woman, I'm sorry to hear the sticky won't hold the ribbon. :( I hope one of the other tapes that fits will. I love ribbon.:oops: You must be very coordinated to get the ATG tape on the ribbon. Or do you put it on the page first?

I haven't tried ruching yet but it was on my to do list after some ribbon I found yesterday gave me an idea. I've always used ribbon flat as a border - too lazy to cut a strip of paper.:rolleyes:
I put two strips of tape on the paper side by side, making it a half-inch wide sticky strip. I pressed the ribbon into the strip to ruche. I was SO sad, when, a couple days later, I noticed all the ribbon had fallen off. I'll have to use Scor-Tape and a new piece of ribbon, as I'll never get it to come out the same length twice! Oh well, live and learn.

I am thinking about retrying with Fast Grab Tacky Glue, which is what Sharon Johnson (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store, NoTimeToStamp) recommends for adhering ribbon.

I am just hoping to get away from having to use Scor-Tape on everything, it's expensive!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2010, 07:35 PM   #144  
Crimping Master

I guess if you are saving it for special jobs like ruched ribbons it wouldn't be so bad. But disappointing to have to get something else out just for that technique.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2010, 03:03 PM   #145  
Polyshrink Goddess

THANKS!!!! to craftymomto2 for the sku #s 051111922606 OR 156893. I went to Michael's 3 hours away where my daughter lives about a month ago and they hadn't got the Pink ATG adhesive gun in yet. Today I called the store and she said we don't have them and I kindly said would you mind checking the sku # as I have it and then she said oh we do.
If I worked at Michaels I would know pretty much what they have and don't but maybe that is because i am very detailed and I love that store and purchase alot when i can there. Maybe most of them just work there and don't care.
But I was able to get the Pink ATG gun with a 40% off coupon. My daughter will pick it up by friday they let me put it on hold till she can get there for it. I have wanted one of these for along time & it comes with it came with two acid free refills.
Coupon for michaels: Michaels Printable Coupon: 40% off! - dealspl.us
I am SO grateful for all the help we can find here and the opportunity to share so much with each other. SCS is my home page! http://dealspl.us/imageview.php?f=144418

Kindly

Last edited by scrapnut642; 08-24-2010 at 03:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2010, 08:39 PM   #146  
Hardware Hotshot

I am delighted to say that I am about to join the Super Adhesive Woman team -- I scored a pink ATG yesterday with a 45% off coupon -- with tax it came to just over $20 :-) Truthfully, I don't really "need" it. I have a glue glider pro with 12 refills to use up as well as a ton of creative memories tape rollers ... but I don't love either one. I'm hoping the ATG performs better than what I have.
Besides, the hunt was really fun ;-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2010, 04:26 AM   #147  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by speanburg4View Post
It's really too bad that so many Michael's have so many employees like this. I am very lucky. I went to the Michael's in Robinson and looked around for quite a while before starting to leave. The woman at the registers asked me if I needed any help. I tried to explain what I was looking for and she said she had read something about getting them in, but hadn't seen them yet. So she took me around the store to look for them and then offered to look in the back for me. She spent about 10 minutes looking and finally found them! I was very lucky I found the right person to help me! It is just really unfortunate they don't have more employees like the one that helped me!! I hope you get one soon. I have both the red one and now the pink one and I LOVE mine!!!
I got one at the Robinson store on Friday. They have a lot of the tape refills on the display.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2010, 09:12 AM   #148  
NwP
Kookie Creator

I checked all over in my local M's the other day (I have a yellow ATG but would love to save some $$ on the refills) and couldn't find it at all. I couldn't find any employees to ask either, as usual. Bah!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2010, 08:56 PM   #149  
Matboard Maniac

Thanks to my husband I am now the proud owner of a pink ATG (soon to be painted green). They were out on the peg so we started checking the boxes on the top shelf. Well, he happened to find one hiding behind another item up there. Thank goodness for a 6 ft. tall husband!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2010, 09:58 PM   #150  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by TashakView Post
Thanks to my husband I am now the proud owner of a pink ATG (soon to be painted green). They were out on the peg so we started checking the boxes on the top shelf. Well, he happened to find one hiding behind another item up there. Thank goodness for a 6 ft. tall husband!
And won't the person who hid it be surprised to return and find it gone, LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2010, 08:28 AM   #151  
Embossing Fanatic

Oh my gosh Lynne, that is too funny. I bet someone tried to hide it until pay day came along.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2010, 06:04 PM   #152  
Matboard Maniac

No doubt, but oh well. I only go to this city once a month to scrap shop, should have bought it when they had the chance.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2010, 06:19 PM   #153  
Matboard Maniac

You know men tell tall tales of mighty hunts and the biggest fish.

They would pale in terror at the thought of facing the mighty hunts of women - SHOPPING, and our trophies of the biggest bargain put their bucks and bass into the shade!!!

So says the mighty bargain hunting SUPER ADHESIVE WOMAN!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2010, 07:11 PM   #154  
Crimping Master

Reminds me of those cat fights at the wedding dress door buster sales.

Tape guns at 20 paces
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2010, 01:26 AM   #155  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapnut642View Post
If I worked at Michaels I would know pretty much what they have and don't but maybe that is because i am very detailed and I love that store and purchase alot when i can there. Maybe most of them just work there and don't care.
im sorry, but i find this very offensive. after working at michaels for over 2 years, i would say i have pretty good knowledge of what we sell. however, its VERY hard to keep up with all the new products that come into the store two times a week, aswell as all the seasonal products. many of the workers probably dont know what the ATG is because more people are asking about the new cuttlebug folders, or if the christmas cracker snappers are in stock yet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2010, 08:30 AM   #156  
Kookie Creator

Just called my Michaels in Janesville, WI --and after 2 calls and the UPC number they found the Pink ATG for me. She said it showed they had 5 - not sure how many
they found. Anyway --on hold for me tomorrow --and a 50% off coupon! Made my day!! Their price is 39.99 regular from what she said. Do not understand the difference in prices from store to store.....but as long as I found one -do not really care!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2010, 03:18 PM   #157  
Rubber Obsessor

I just scored my pink ATG at Michael's! My friend stopped by the store and texted a picture of the tape gun with the message-weren't you looking for one of these? I printed out my coupon and hopped on the expressway and got my ATG! Hmmm... Super Adhesive Woman.... that would be an interesting Halloween costume. I wonder if anyone would get it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2010, 04:03 PM   #158  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by piggy30View Post
Hmmm... Super Adhesive Woman.... that would be an interesting Halloween costume. I wonder if anyone would get it?
Just think - we could tape it together, or skip assembly and just tape it on, LOL! Crafters would know, might have to make it screaming hot pink to match the gun, then of course you could carry the ATG gun while making James Bond movements....

I'm only *slightly* obsessed!

Lynne
a.k.a. SUPER ADHESIVE WOMAN!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2010, 04:43 PM   #159  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm on my second roll of the gold tape that can with my new ATG and am finding it super sticky! Sticks to my fingers more then the regular non-gold refill I buy from Framing Supplies and makes blobs of tape when I stop. Just an observation...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2010, 05:24 AM   #160  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammyottoView Post
or if the christmas cracker snappers are in stock yet.
Tell me about these, please.

Thx,

Janice
Reply With Quote Likes