Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-06-2012, 09:55 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pergamano Tinta Ink

Has anyone had experience with Pergamano Tinta Ink? I bought some on clearance a few years ago and wanted to learn how to use it. I'm not into parchment craft, but was thinking of trying to paint stamped images with it. What kind of brushes or pens do you need to use with it? Any info would be helpful. Thanks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2012, 12:38 PM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

I do parchment craft. Pergamano Tinta is an ink that is used with a dip pen or small brushes. I have only used it on parchment paper ( vellum) so I have no idea how it would work on card stock.

The dip pen used is a mapping pen and it is used to trace images. You simply dip the pen in the ink and trace.

To use it with a small brush, a kolinsky is the best choice. It is sable and hold the ink. Put a drop of ink on a white ceramic tile. Pick up the ink with a "damp" brush and paint in layers .
Tinta is mixable so you can make your own. The white Tinta is thicker and if added to the colored Tinta you will get a pastel not a lighter shade of the color. You get lighter shades of colors by adding more water.

Pergamano also has an acrylic paint called Pintura . It is not like other acrylics. It has an elastic property so you can emboss ( with ball tools) over it and it will stretch . Pintura is for painting not pen tracing.
Hope this helps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2012, 02:11 PM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks Barbara - it does help. I wasn't sure if it was an alcohol type ink or water based. You answered that for me. I'll see if I can find a dip pen or mapping pen somewhere and then I'll experiment. I think I have a coupon for Hobby Lobby I can use.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2012, 02:22 PM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

Bonnie if you are only planning to try to coloring a stamped images you don't need a mapping pen. Parchment patterns are traced not stamped. The mapping pen is only used to trace a pattern before embossing ( with ball tools) or coloring. Buy a #2 sable ( Kolinsky) brush. Kolinsky bristles come from the tail of a Kolinsky weasel and have get saturation to hold the ink.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2012, 02:42 PM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

I should have said Kolinsky brushes have "great" saturation capabilities to hold the ink.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2012, 02:58 PM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks! I will try to find some of those brushes
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2012, 03:35 PM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

Another thing I would suggest you buy is a white ceramic wall tile to use with your ink and brush. You can buy one at Home Depot, Menards, Lowes or any home improvement store. Mine is the 6" x 6" size. Be sure it is white

If you try to use a plastic surface to pick up or mix your ink the ink beads up on the plastic. It stays in a nice puddle on ceramic tile.

I use my ceramic tile to watercolor with Distress inks too. You can see the color you are getting when you add water or another color. It doesn't bead up and then you are guessing what color you have .

Last edited by Barbara Jay; 02-06-2012 at 03:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes