Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-01-2018, 06:15 AM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default patterned purple cardstock

I love 6 x 6 pads, especially for quilt dies, and own several dozen ... but in the entire lot, maybe 3 or 4 single sheets have any purple at all, and only touches of it at that. Doing a google search for cardstock of any size with purple patterns yielded only a couple of pads, and they were light lavender, and as I really want some rich purples, they won't do. I realize there are color fads, but every other color seems well represented. Any ideas why so many cardstock pads with a wide variety of colors fail to include purple?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2018, 06:56 AM   #2  
Gallery Gazer

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

That's interesting. I'll have to look at my 6x6 pads. Meanwhile, here's one if you want mostly purple:
Frosty 6x6 Paper Pad - Pink and Main LLC

And here's a patterned 6x6 watercolor (interesting!) paper pad:
https://www.cutcardstock.com/product...tock-12-sheets

Searching on "6x6 paper pad purple" or "violet" brought some up. But I agree - you'd think in a rainbow pad, some violet sheets would be included. Purple may just not be a color that sells as well in general in ROYGBIV world.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2018, 08:07 AM   #3  
Linking Queen

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Try Our Daily Bread:

BOHO BOLDS 6x6 PAPER PAD

PLUM PIZZAZZ 6X6 PAPER COLLECTION

https://ourdailybreaddesigns.com/whi...paper-pad
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2018, 08:22 AM   #4  
Linking Queen

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm not sure if al the patterns would be suitable but Taylored Expressions has some pads with dark purple:

TE 6x6 Paper Pack - Rainbow Brights - Patterned Paper - Papers - Supplies

Paper Pack - Taylored Expressions Playful Patterns - Bold Set

Most of my purples are 12x12 from Halloween collections (but not Halloween-y) so that might open other options.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2018, 06:04 PM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I found some in my stash- Polar Pals by Doodlebug Designs and Altitude by Bo Bunny, Both are winter and have lots of blue in the paper too.

But you have inspired me. I have way too much paper and I could use a lot up using quilt dies. I only have one. I need to look for more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2018, 05:47 AM   #6  
Glitter Queen

Thanks, everyone, for the suggestions. Most of these are lighter purples, but a couple of them I'm bookmarking for possible use. I really like small prints and dark/royal purples.

I just noticed "Glitter Queen" under my name ... I never use glitter! I wonder how this happened???? I'd suspect a family member, as glitter is kind of a running joke in our family, but that would not be likely for this site. Hmmm...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2018, 05:51 AM   #7  
Glitter Queen

I am completely addicted to quilt dies ... it is very therapeutic for me to make a ton of them, and then sit for hours piecing them, lol! Our Daily Bread Designs has amazing intricate cut and and emboss quilt dies, and Papertrey Ink has some simpler dies and a tag and sentiment stitched dies for backing or cardmaking.

Tip: I cut squares of repositional adhesive sheets, and assemble the quilts on those so there's not slipping and sliding all over of pieces, and then, when I have completed a square, I use another temporary adhesive square (but one that has is a bit less sticky from reuse), place it on top of the finished quilt, flip the quilt over, and peel the backing piece off. Then I take either a square cut from permanent adhesive, with a little bit of glue stick smeared on for extra strength of hold, or a piece of cardstock that I've put adhesive on, and simply slap it onto the back of the quilt. This saves so much more time than putting each piece one at a time into the frame.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2018, 05:52 AM   #8  
Glitter Queen

This was meant to be a reply to Jkaymac, but I guess I have to figure out how to make a reply directly to a person. :-(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2018, 01:47 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 297 Likes on 115 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by SarosaView Post
Thanks, everyone, for the suggestions. Most of these are lighter purples, but a couple of them I'm bookmarking for possible use. I really like small prints and dark/royal purples.

I just noticed "Glitter Queen" under my name ... I never use glitter! I wonder how this happened???? I'd suspect a family member, as glitter is kind of a running joke in our family, but that would not be likely for this site. Hmmm...
The "glitter queen" is an automatic thing here on SCS - they have different tags like that for the different levels of posting. So many posts and you are, say a "cardstock collector", a different number is a "rubber obsessor", and so on. I don't know what the levels are (or the correct names), I just know that's how it works. If you'd rather have something else there - or nothing - you can go to your profile and change it, just in case you care. ;)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2018, 02:19 PM   #10  
Gallery Gazer

That was my reaction when I had glitter queen! And sadly, at 5,000 another glitter title. ;) Here you go - the list is under Start Here:

What is a CARDSTOCK COLLECTOR??? by Sereikastamper at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2018, 02:23 PM   #11  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

This was meant to be a reply to Jkaymac, but I guess I have to figure out how to make a reply directly to a person. :-(

Sarosa, just click or tap on the Quote button at the bottom right in their text box. That will open a new text box along with the person's post you're responding to. Like I'm doing here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2018, 06:02 PM   #12  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 737 Likes on 358 Posts

I like a good hunt!

I might suggest you try Halloween themed pads as purple is a fav color for that holiday.

I do see a lot of solids around (you can actually get reams of solids on amazon) ..if you have BG stamps...it is really easy to make your own DP....just stamp and use white or black or whatever EP and there you go-or you can stamp with a purple pigment ink and then clear emboss White is nice..swiss dots...dark purple on violet...stripes...actually you could use a marker to run stripes with a ruler...watercolor washes, I always like a clear emboss-subtle and pretty. Tiny leaves...And this way for sure the scale is right. You want something that will show in small quilt pieces...

Look bigger. There are some 12 x 12s that come in purples-the trick will be getting the right scale of pattern. If you check with some of the gen suppliers and pop in "purple paper" a lot comes up-not all the right scale...but here is one...not dark purple though

Pebbles TeaLightful Lovely Lilacs Paper

I think I ordered this myself-it has not come yet-might be too big.
Graphic 45 Fairie Dust Violet Vale Paper

here's a batch
Search: purple paper: A Cherry On Top

Amazon.com: American Crafts AMC368342 12" x 12" Basics Floral Purple AMC paper Card Stock
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2018, 06:25 PM   #13  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 737 Likes on 358 Posts

sorry for dup post.

Last edited by wavejumper; 05-09-2018 at 06:25 PM.. Reason: duplicate post
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2018, 05:08 AM   #14  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

I am completely addicted to quilt dies ... it is very therapeutic for me to make a ton of them, and then sit for hours piecing them, lol! Our Daily Bread Designs has amazing intricate cut and and emboss quilt dies, and Papertrey Ink has some simpler dies and a tag and sentiment stitched dies for backing or cardmaking.
I am too (sorry for the swerve away from purple paper) and have quilt dies from both those companies but I just discovered Purple Daisy Design and they have TONS of quilt dies. I haven't actually used any so I'm can't swear that they are good but I will be getting some.

Paper Quilt Design Dies | Purple Daisy Design
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2018, 10:00 AM   #15  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 295 Likes on 194 Posts

It's funny you mention this. Nearly all of my pattern paper is from stampin Up. In all the years, which is about 15 that I have been stamping, very few of their DSP packages come with shades of purple. Years ago there was an Autumn pattern that had a little bit of elegant eggplant. But barely any. Several patterns included Wisteria Wonder but that is more of a gray toned lavender. But good grief, Old Olive shows up everywhere! That's one color I'd be happy to see on the retirement list! LOL

I do make my own pattern paper quite often. That is an easy and inexpensive and fun way to include the colors that I like. But when I am in a hurry I do wish I would have more purple paper on hand.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2018, 01:26 PM   #16  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Too bad not many purple papers...2018 fashion color is plum. You would think the paper industry would also follow.

Eloise
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2018, 08:07 PM   #17  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 83 Likes on 43 Posts

Gina Marie has some beautiful quilt square dies at amazing prices. I have ordered most of them (another fanatic here) and the quality is top notch. These are not the cheap knock-off dies made in China:

quilt die ? Scrapbook Outlet - Gina Marie Designs
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2018, 04:13 AM   #18  
Embossing Fanatic

I found some card stock a year or so ago at one of the big three, don't remember which one. But it was varying shades of purple with the deep rich purples, it was gorgeous. It wasn't the 6 x 6 pads, it was 8.5 x 11, but I'm sure it would in a pinch. It was a pretty thick stack of cardstock and I did use a coupon. The reason I know that, it wouldn't be in my stash if I had to pay full price. I don't guess this is a help at all, but I just remembered that I did find some pretty purple at one time.
Reply With Quote Likes