Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-08-2008, 02:55 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Original Sizzix at Mike's Clearance!

I was at Michael's earlier today and they had the original Sizzix die cut machine with a conversion kit, an alphabet set, and something else I can't remember, for $29 in the clearance aisle!! It was originally priced $99. Are they discontinuing this machine? Does anyone have it, and like it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2008, 04:21 PM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

I have it - I love it since i can use it for felt, foam, cork, fabric, etc. I can use the adapter to cut Cuttlebug and QuicKutz dies.
There are so many new machines out now that it wouldn't surprise me if they do discontinue it, but I'll be using mine for years to come.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2008, 05:11 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to okstamper

I wish I would of kept mine. I miss it. But I have the CB also and still use all the dies in it too.

Bonnie
My Blog~Bonnie's Creative Corner
Every Job is a Self-Portrait of the Person Who Did It.
Autograph Your Work With Excellence.~Author Unknown
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2008, 07:11 PM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

I have it and use it so often. With the adaptor you can use it with most of the other company's dies.

Pro - no plates to try and work out which order they go in. Just pop it is and press down.

Con - it won't take the sizzix 'bigz' - the larger size dies.

Cuttlebug embossing folders work great in it too.

I'd pay $29 just for the alphabet!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2008, 09:20 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have a new BS arriving on Monday so I am selling my original Sizzix on Craigs list along with converter, 3 new embossing folders I have never used and 1 large red die of 3 sizes of tags also never used, and two smaller dies one green the corner punch outs and a sizzlet that is brackets. I have never used most of these things. It will off set the $59.99 I paid for the new BS.
I also have a Cuttlebug which I dont think I will ever part with and a Cricut. I think I have all the bases covered.
Blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 04:12 AM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

I have a Big Kick but find myself using my old original Sizzix machine more often than not. It is just so much easier than dealing with all the "sandwich" stuff. I use it for Nesties, Quickcutz, Cuttlebug folders & dies -- in other words, just about everything except for the extra large Sizzix dies. It is just so quick and easy. I do love my Big Kick for some things but my good old reliable Sizzix is still my "go to" machine for cutting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 04:27 AM   #7  
Gabfest Goddess

$29 is a great deal!! Especially just for the alpha! I have 2 of the originals, I keep one at school (teach 1st grade) so I just transport the dies back and forth as I need them, I also have a CB at home which I use mostly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 04:49 AM   #8  
Stampin' Fool

Default sizzix?

You'd better run over there and get it before some other person gets that bargain! Let us know if there are any more....
Jutta
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 05:05 AM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by juttaView Post
You'd better run over there and get it before some other person gets that bargain! Let us know if there are any more....
Jutta
Oh, there were at least three of them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 05:12 AM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

i just got my big shot delivered yesterday! i have had an original sizzix which i am selling today for $30. i bought it off ebay very gently used (like once or twice) and i used it for a couple years A LOT and its is still in perfect condition. i loved it and am sad to sell it, actually. it was a great sturdy, easy to use machine. i would recommend it to anyone. i have not used my big shot yet but it does look a bit more complicated with all the sandwiching stuff. but, since its also a sizzix i am sure its good quality and expect to have this for years and years!
My Etsy Store
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 05:13 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by KatarinaMView Post
I was at Michael's earlier today and they had the original Sizzix die cut machine with a conversion kit, an alphabet set, and something else I can't remember, for $29 in the clearance aisle!! It was originally priced $99. Are they discontinuing this machine? Does anyone have it, and like it?
LOVE IT..........let me count the ways. :mrgreen: I bought a CB for 50% off and never took it out of the box. I watched my friend have to sandwich all that stuff and.................sorry, I'm a lazy stamper. I LOVE my big red sizzix. I have most of the CB A2 folders and use them all in it. Just slide it in and pull the handle a couple of times..........done. NO sandwiching or messing with all that other cra-. LOL And if it's the Lollipop alpha.......well, I have people coming here just to use that. I love it too. It is heavy so needs a permanent spot in your craft room. You won't carry it places but that's ok with me. If you go to all day crops or something they usually have a machine of some sort to use anyway. And I usually pre cut and emboss before going anyway.

I just can't say enough. Yes, lots have had it and gotten rid of it.......... NOT ME! I guess I better stock up on my little white plate. LOL Oh, and I have 2 towers full of dies. But there are just a few that I use a lot..........hearts border, star border, confetti, hearts, stars and a few others. Oh, the Santa head...........did my Christmas cards with that one year. It's in my gallery, I believe. Here's the link:
Sizzix Santa by csmilham at Splitcoaststampers

Of course, it looks MUCH better IRL. You can't really see all the glitter. It was a LOT of cutting. :p But worth it.
Reply With Quote Likes