Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-12-2010, 08:24 PM   #1  
Glitter Guru

Received 870 Likes on 518 Posts
Default Not utilizing my cricut enough...

Been in an organizing zone, so I can use my supplies easier, and haven't worked with my cricut in a bit. The other night I was drooling over the cuttlebug and nestibilities, and thinking maybe that would be a good Christmas present. The more i thought about it, the more distressed I felt. Money and space are big issues for me. Looked at some of my cricut cartridges I have and some of them have nice frame and tag and other shapes that would be ideal for using on cards and scrapbook pages. The biggest issue will probably be getting them just the right size for putting behind images on cards etc... I tried cutting a large tag from the cat solution cartridge I got for my birthday. It let me cut it at a size 4 (i have the personal size cricut), which was pretty large, so I think I'll definately be able to use some of those for that purpose. Do any of you use your cricut cartridges for framing behind digis, images etc. on cards or scrapbooking? What cartridges do you use for that? Which do you like best?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2010, 10:17 PM   #2  
Glitter Guru

Oh my goodness! I just looked at the price of some of the nestabilities dies. I just can't justify that. I have templates galore and a cricut. At least if I buy another cricut cartridge later, I already have the cricut and would just be adding to what I already have. And for embossing, I have brass stencils, regular stencils and fiskar's embossing plates. I still have the fiskars shapeboss, and I think the smaller one is the cardboss. Not to mention I already get overwhelmed by the amount of stuff I have to organize and store. Will definately be using my cricut for framing on cards and scrapbook pages. Any suggestions or advice you'd like to share? I'd love to hear it.

Last edited by hoptownracer1; 11-12-2010 at 10:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2010, 11:33 PM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I wrote a tutorial a couple years ago on how to make your own faux "embossing folders" with your die cutting machines. I wrote the tutorial for the Wishblade/Silhouette/CraftRobo, but I'm sure you could adapt it to a cricut. I also use the same technique to make my own faux "nestabilities". I'll dig out the tutorial again (stored either on a cd somewhere or on an external hard drive) and post it here for you. I only have a couple sets of nestabilities (I got them on sale for really cheap), but I can't justify buying them either when I have a CraftRobo.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2010, 05:02 AM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

cat_woman- I remember that tutorial well. It was one of my favorite tutorials.

hoptownracer- There are several cartridges that you can make "faux nesties". Storybook keeps popping up in my mind. You can type in "Faux Cricut Nestabilities" at Google. Several of the girls over at the Cricut board make their own Faux Nesties using cartridges, Gypsy, Design Studio etc. It's a popular technique.

My tired brain is not cooperating with wanting to remember Cricut things now. I hope I gave you a bit of help.

For embossing their are several techniques where you won't have to spend barely any money. There is a rolling pin method. Pasta machines are popular. Sizzix has a machine made for embossing. It's the size of a purse. Cute as can be.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2010, 06:30 AM   #5  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

I rarely use my expression and I'm begining to feel as if it and all the cartridges was a waste of money and space. I just moved my expression off my desk to the counter because it doesn't deserve the space it takes up.

I use my Big Shot all the time - I think it's because it's just easier to use. I only have 2 sets of nestabilities as they just never became one of my favs. Funny how one person can just love something and the next it's just ho-hum. I have a lot of embossing folders that I use all the time and they really are not that differnt from using a nestability. I guess I need to dig them out and give them another try. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2010, 06:54 AM   #6  
Vee
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In case you do want real nesties, don't forget that Michaels has them and sometimes you can use a coupon to get them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2010, 08:37 AM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeeView Post
In case you do want real nesties, don't forget that Michaels has them and sometimes you can use a coupon to get them.
JoAnn sells them as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2010, 08:52 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 98 Likes on 80 Posts

I just bought an Expression 2 weeks ago. I have a Cuttlebug, which I love, and several embossing folders (just bought a Christmas one the other day), and 6 sets of Nesties. I also have bought several Sizzix dies in the past couple of years. When you consider the cost of the each single die and the cost of a set of Nesties, the price of a cartridge for the Cricut doesn't sound so bad. JoAnn's has them on sale for $39 this week and WalMart has them at $40 all the time. The thing I love about the Cricut is that you can change the size of the image where the others you can't.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2010, 09:06 AM   #9  
Glitter Guru

I like that about the cricut also! I have to say that I love my cricut. I bought several cartridges just for the fonts. Doing scrapbooking also, the words I can make come in so handy! Plus, I have a few that I love the images on, Christmas, cats, give a hoot etc.. Would come in handy also to decorate plain gift bags, make gift tags, etc..
Thank you cat_woman. I would love to see that tutorial!!!
Thank you also lylacfey. I'll type that in and see what I come up with. Maybe I'll luck across cat_woman's tutorial.
Thanks everyone for your responses. Hope to see more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2010, 09:22 AM   #10  
Gallery Gazer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let me add my personal woes to the thread. I didn't want a Cricut...but DH saw one of those ads before Christmas last year, probably just surfing and stumbled on the shopping channel. So he asked me what I thought of this amazing 'tool', and I told him that while it looks amazing and a lot of people love theirs, I wouldn't use it and it would be a waste of money for me and space as well.

So does he listen? NO! I know his heart was in the right place. He thought he would be giving me a treat. But he didn't listen. I have this $400 piece of technology in the box, sitting in the way, and I never use it.

I feel bad. I do. But I love my Cuttlebug, it does all I want and I am satisfied. When I have the craft room in a new house I may set it up. I know my DD would use it so maybe in time it will see some use. I hope so.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2010, 09:48 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeeView Post
Vee, I've never seen them in my Mike's. Where are they in yours?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2010, 09:58 AM   #12  
Crimping Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hoptownracer1: I have a Cricut, and I do love it. I don't use it as often as I would like. But nevertheless, I do cut with it to use for my cards. For some great inspirations and ideas, check out My Pink Stamper. She makes cards using cutouts from the Cricut. One cartridge that I tend to use over and over is Storybook, which cuts a lot of the scalloped shapes. I don't buy punches for basic shapes, nor the scalloped ones. I definitely have carts that I haven't even used yet. But I love having the versatility with sizes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2010, 10:32 AM   #13  
Die Cut Diva

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Here is the tutorial I wrote on how to make embossing folders. The instructions are for a CraftRobo using the RoboMaster software & Paintshop Pro, but you can easily adapt this to use your cricut.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Embossing folder instructions.pdf (1.04 MB, 129 views)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2010, 02:55 PM   #14  
Glitter Guru

Thank you so much cat_woman! I don't have Design Studio, SCL or any of the design software, and my computer is in another room than my cricut, but someday maybe I will have it all, so I'm saving your file you posted just in case!
Here is a post that gave me an idea of what I want to do. I have a deep cut blade, so I want to cut out each shape that can nest and work well on a card out of cardboard; punch a hole and insert them onto a ring to have as a guide whenever I want a background shape. I just have to cut one out of each size of that shape and it's shadow. Here is the post, the post by michlz319 is what inspired me. There are also posts on this thread regarding some cartridges that have scalloped shapes etc...
Cricut ? - Does anyone know... by HoJo at Splitcoaststampers
Here is another post I came across while searching about making your own faux nestablitlies.
Faux Copics, Faux Nestabilities and Free SCUT Files For You! � Thefrugalcrafter’s Weblog
Here is another post, and the way she has her backgrounds inked makes them almost look embossed.
Everyday Cricut: Thank Ewe from Just Because Cards Cartridge!
If I come across any others that have helpful info on this subject, I'll be sure to post them here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2010, 05:35 PM   #15  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by joyfullyhisView Post
JoAnn sells them as well.
AC Moore has them as well. I only buy them with a 40% or 50% off coupon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2010, 05:38 PM   #16  
Crimping Master

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoptownracer1View Post
Thank you so much cat_woman! I don't have Design Studio, SCL or any of the design software, and my computer is in another room than my cricut, but someday maybe I will have it all, so I'm saving your file you posted just in case!
Here is a post that gave me an idea of what I want to do. I have a deep cut blade, so I want to cut out each shape that can nest and work well on a card out of cardboard; punch a hole and insert them onto a ring to have as a guide whenever I want a background shape. I just have to cut one out of each size of that shape and it's shadow. Here is the post, the post by michlz319 is what inspired me. There are also posts on this thread regarding some cartridges that have scalloped shapes etc...
Cricut ? - Does anyone know... by HoJo at Splitcoaststampers
Here is another post I came across while searching about making your own faux nestablitlies.
Faux Copics, Faux Nestabilities and Free SCUT Files For You! � Thefrugalcrafter�s Weblog
Here is another post, and the way she has her backgrounds inked makes them almost look embossed.
Everyday Cricut: Thank Ewe from Just Because Cards Cartridge!
If I come across any others that have helpful info on this subject, I'll be sure to post them here.
thanks for the link! (I'm the frugalcrafter I made some chipboard nesties and they worked great, here is a tutorial: Hippity hoppity…. � Thefrugalcrafter’s Weblog
and here is how it looks:

have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2010, 06:15 PM   #17  
Die Cut Diva

I used my Cricut more for scrapbooking but they can be great for cards. I've cut numbers for cards for like '40th' birthday/anniversary & covered them in glitter for great pop ups on cards. And I agree the Storybook cartridge is on of the best buys. The box doesn't show it but it cuts all kinds of scallop shapes. And it cuts cool decorative accents.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2010, 06:29 PM   #18  
Die Cut Diva

I used my Cricut more for scrapbooking but they can be great for cards. I've cut numbers for cards for like '40th' birthday/anniversary & covered them in glitter for great pop ups on cards. And I agree the Storybook cartridge is on of the best buys. The box doesn't show it but it cuts all kinds of scallop shapes. And it cuts cool decorative accents.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2010, 06:32 PM   #19  
Die Cut Diva

Sorry about the duplicate post. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2010, 06:40 PM   #20  
Compulsive Stamper

Cardmaker2-I can't believe you make cards and you don't use your Cricut! If you like the layered look, then the Cricut is great. You can cut the size just a little larger for any image then you don't need to have so many punches or diecuts which are so expensive. I like my Big Shot for embossing but I cut with the Cricut--it is so much cheaper. I never thought I would buy a Cricut but last Christmas my DH wanted to know what to get me. I got him a laptop so he could watch his shows on TV and check his websites at the same time. When the grandchildren visit he is frustrated because they sit on the computer for hours and he can't check his auction items. I thought it would be the perfect solution. I have all the jewelry I need so I decided I would try a Cricut and use it more than I thought. Take it out of the box and find a friend that knows how to use it. It is much easier than reading the instructions. Once you learn it is easy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2010, 10:53 PM   #21  
Glitter Guru

Wow, LindsayMay, that is an adorable card! Thanks for sharing your info; signing up to recieve your blog emails.
Thanks also CareBear530. They don't always show everything available on the cricut cartridge box, so it is good to know there are other shapes on it. I'll have to look at it on the cricut website.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2010, 01:19 AM   #22  
Embossing Fanatic

I have the pink E and use it all the time, make lots of cards and mini books, bind it all books, etc. I can't imagine not using my cricut. have tons of diecuts prepared and ready to go when I want to make a card. After a hard day at work, I cricut shapes to destress and it really works for me and plan them for upcoming cards............paperkrafter4life.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2010, 04:35 AM   #23  
Die Cut Diva

You can't by any means understand all that's on the Cricut cartridges unless you can see the booklets. Cricut.com now allows for viewing all the pages of the booklets.

Not seeing the booklets I think is the reason why so many people are not interested in the Cricut cartridges. They don't realize just how much the full cartridges have to offer.

Also check out the demonstrations in stores in your area. My AC Moore does demos with the Expression quite frequently and many of the cartridges and booklets are there for customers to look through to see the images available. I know since I do the demonstrations.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2010, 07:01 AM   #24  
Rubber Obsessor

To go along with a previous post, if you have SCAL or MTC this lady has more than forty Nestie like files, she calls them shaplies. Easy to use too! She has tons of other files free also.
Penny Duncan Creations
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2010, 07:15 AM   #25  
Glitter Queen

I am another who uses my Big Shot far more than I do my Cricut Expression. (I'd feel a lot guiltier about its purchase except it was a Black Friday deal at Walmarts last year.) It just seems easier. Thanks for the links to various resources: I hope they will inspire me to use the Cricut more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2010, 07:32 AM   #26  
Gallery Gazer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by StaceysmomView Post
Cardmaker2-I can't believe you make cards and you don't use your Cricut! If you like the layered look, then the Cricut is great. You can cut the size just a little larger for any image then you don't need to have so many punches or diecuts which are so expensive. I like my Big Shot for embossing but I cut with the Cricut--it is so much cheaper. I never thought I would buy a Cricut but last Christmas my DH wanted to know what to get me. I got him a laptop so he could watch his shows on TV and check his websites at the same time. When the grandchildren visit he is frustrated because they sit on the computer for hours and he can't check his auction items. I thought it would be the perfect solution. I have all the jewelry I need so I decided I would try a Cricut and use it more than I thought. Take it out of the box and find a friend that knows how to use it. It is much easier than reading the instructions. Once you learn it is easy.
I know... and I am embarrassed! I do have a friend who has one and maybe I do need to get together with her. You touched on one thing, I have tried using the quick guide and instructions and I think a simple walkthrough in peerson would help.

I bet the layers would be nice, and you're right; it is expensive to have all the punches and nesties. I don't have that many so I haven't spent that much there.

You and others who have linked resources have been encouraging me as I'm following this thread. I may try again. After all, I do have it already, right??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2010, 09:54 AM   #27  
Inking Addict

I have the Expression, SCAL and my Cuttlebug. I got the CB after the E mostly for embossing, and then got nesties because they were so quick to use. But, I still use and LOVE them all. I do have more time to play, since I am at home now. For me, they have expanded my scope of designing. I've made bulletin board stuff for my DH and I am in the middle of making 125 holiday cards for this year. I did start in August, but my DH just gave me the count for his work. ***Yikes!*** But I am having a blast playing! My boys have big toys - I have my craft corner! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2010, 11:05 AM   #28  
Glitter Guru

Talking

I noticed even on the cricut site, it still does'nt show every image you can make, if you consider accents etc.. that are not listed. We do not have an A.C. Moore, Micheal's, Hobby Lobby, or any of the big stores near our town. Besides the cost, storage is a huge issue for me. The idea of having to find a spot to put those supplies is even stressful to me. I still haven't gotten all my regular supplies organized how I like it yet. I think I'll be satisfied with just using my cricut.
In my craft room, I not only have my scrapbooking, stamping supplies, but I have a sewing machine, fabric, sewing supplies, books, plus other things that have to be stored. It is a small room, so I have it pretty full. I am starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel as far as organizing.
I'll have to check the cricut site and websites again to see if they show the entire booklet for the cricut cartridges.
I really appreciate everyone's insight and suggestions! The little wheels in my mind are really turning! :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2010, 12:31 PM   #29  
Crimping Master

If you go to Shopping, then Cricut, then Cartridges, you can click on the cart and download the Digital Handbook. Then you can see all the cuts available.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2010, 09:04 PM   #30  
Glitter Guru

Thank you so much Annie! I will definately check that out!!!
Cardmaker 2, oh, I do hope you try it again. I just love mine. I visited with a friend and worked with hers before I got mine, and that helped a lot! She was right there to help if I got confused, or to give me tips. With you having the bigger one, you'll have even more that you can do with yours, and cut the larger sizes if you wanted and smaller letters. The more I play with mine, the more I understand how to do things and am able to figure things out. Plus, you can always ask a friend or ask questions here. I hope you do find that you like it; might just make your hubby smile too, to know he got you something you'd like. I am happy I got mine. It was an anniversary gift from my hubby that I requested. I'm going to use Annie's instructions to check out cartridges well; that way I can make sure if I buy any more later, that it is one I'll use a lot. I have loved making titles for my scrapbook pages on it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2010, 01:15 AM   #31  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

I agree if you don't look through the booklets you won't understand how many images are on each cartridge. I know my Mom thinks my Cricut is a "waste" because there is only a few little images on the cartridge box. I keep telling her the box is just a sample of what comes on the cartridges. You definitely want to download the books. I also like to use Design Studio and look at the cartridges before I buy. That way I can see all the different features and shapes.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2010, 03:44 AM   #32  
Embossing Fanatic

I am in the same boat, my husband bought me the E and I don't use it nearly enough to justify the cost (pretty pricey in Canada) so I have issued myself a challenge that I am calling Cutting Through My Carts. I am going to pick a cart and make something using that cart each day for a month and post it on my new blog. I am going to start with Animal Kingdom as it is one of my less loved carts. Follow along at http://www.madebymellymac.blogspot.com

Last edited by missmel; 11-15-2010 at 03:45 AM.. Reason: error in blog address
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2010, 04:35 AM   #33  
Die Cut Diva

I find from talking to lots of people who have either the original Cricut or the Expression they don't use it as much as expected. I find the vast majority of the reasons being they have to take the machine out of a closet or off a shelf each time they want to use it.

If you can spare the space to keep it out and accessable, you will use it most every time you craft if not every time.

Both my Cricut and Expression sit side by side on my table so they are in constant use.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2010, 11:49 AM   #34  
Cardstock Collector

I have a Big Shot that I use all the time and I am a huge fan of the Spellbinder dies. They are definitely my go-to dies. Go to ritzcamera.com for the best prices on dies. Their everyday prices usually beat Michael's and JoAnn's sale prices. Their copic marker prices are also excellent.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2011, 09:43 AM   #35  
SuG
Forum Fanatic

I just got the E for Christmas. I bought SCAL2 and downloaded the files from Penny Duncan (she is so very generous). The kids each picked out a cart for me (at full price) for my present. I will use them only because they will be hurt if I didn't, but with all the free files and fonts out there I cannot see spending the $ on carts.

I am looking for more sites with free cut files. Fonts I can find everywhere.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2011, 07:49 PM   #36  
Polyshrink Goddess

I use the Lacy Labels Cricut lite cartridge all the time. I made a bunch of Christmas tags with it and I think I got a very similar look to what I would have by using Nesties or punches - plus it was nice to punch in a large quantity and have them all cut out for me instead of having to crank each one out separately. I just cut out the background layer a quarter inch larger than the main layer.

Crafter Meet Stamper: Christmas Tags

I also made some knitting tags using the same cartridge.

Crafter Meet Stamper: Knitting Tags

Last edited by bencer99; 01-10-2011 at 07:52 PM.. Reason: hit enter too soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2011, 08:30 PM   #37  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 498 Likes on 276 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardmaker2View Post
Let me add my personal woes to the thread. I didn't want a Cricut...but DH saw one of those ads before Christmas last year, probably just surfing and stumbled on the shopping channel. So he asked me what I thought of this amazing 'tool', and I told him that while it looks amazing and a lot of people love theirs, I wouldn't use it and it would be a waste of money for me and space as well.

So does he listen? NO! I know his heart was in the right place. He thought he would be giving me a treat. But he didn't listen. I have this $400 piece of technology in the box, sitting in the way, and I never use it.

I feel bad. I do. But I love my Cuttlebug, it does all I want and I am satisfied. When I have the craft room in a new house I may set it up. I know my DD would use it so maybe in time it will see some use. I hope so.
OMG! Me, too! I even tried discussing it on SCS in a thread about "Am I being an ungrateful Witch" And pretty much all I got was shot down, put down, misinterpreted, and judged. Sheesh!

I never wanted a Cricut. I'm on half allowance for the next three years, and cannot afford to buy cartridges for it. I make cards, I don't scrapbook. It's NOT something I ever wanted, and if he was listening to the women discuss their Cricuts with me at our couples card games, he'd have heard me say I DON'T WANT ONE! I got mine in January last year, and haven't actually tried it yet. I had to turn down a neighbor who would gladly have bought it from me, because I couldn't slap my husband in the face like that. Ditto, on the heart in the right place thing. But I did notice this year, at Christmas, I got things that I had on my lists.

I'm SO glad I'm not the only one who feels this way about getting a Cricut!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2011, 04:06 AM   #38  
SuG
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by contrapatView Post
OMG! Me, too! I even tried discussing it on SCS in a thread about "Am I being an ungrateful Witch" And pretty much all I got was shot down, put down, misinterpreted, and judged. Sheesh!

I never wanted a Cricut. I'm on half allowance for the next three years, and cannot afford to buy cartridges for it. I make cards, I don't scrapbook. It's NOT something I ever wanted, and if he was listening to the women discuss their Cricuts with me at our couples card games, he'd have heard me say I DON'T WANT ONE! I got mine in January last year, and haven't actually tried it yet. I had to turn down a neighbor who would gladly have bought it from me, because I couldn't slap my husband in the face like that. Ditto, on the heart in the right place thing. But I did notice this year, at Christmas, I got things that I had on my lists.

I'm SO glad I'm not the only one who feels this way about getting a Cricut!!!
well, I understand where you are coming from. I didn't want one for the longest time because I thought it was ridiculous to spend that much on a machine then have to pay 50-80 for each cart.
But when I learned about SCAL software (or MTC) I figured it was worth it. I can cut anything I want (SCAL is on sale now at scrappingtable.com) and never have to buy another cart (you do need one to pop on the machine so it will cut) For less than the price of one cart I have unlimited cutting abilities. Since you are "stuck" with the machine, why don't you try this out and see if you don't love it.
There are sites with every shape, set up like nesties (Penny Duncan) and lots of free files on yahoo groups, and the two sites I just mentioned.
look into it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2011, 05:58 AM   #39  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:

Originally Posted by missmelView Post
I am in the same boat, my husband bought me the E and I don't use it nearly enough to justify the cost (pretty pricey in Canada) so I have issued myself a challenge that I am calling Cutting Through My Carts. I am going to pick a cart and make something using that cart each day for a month and post it on my new blog. I am going to start with Animal Kingdom as it is one of my less loved carts. Follow along at Made by Mel
Here is a blog that has weekly challenges based on a certain cartridge...
Bitten by the Bug 2
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2011, 05:01 PM   #40  
Polyshrink Goddess

I just started reading this blog. The author is doing 365 projects with her cricut this year. Might be a good place to look for some inspiration!

Imagination Land

Also I just wanted to mention how helpful my cricut was when I was preparing a demo for my stamp club friends. I used my cricut to cut out circles for eyes - it saved me from punching 40 circles! I just entered the quantity I needed and they were all cut for me!
Reply With Quote Likes