Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-18-2024, 04:08 PM   #1  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 732 Likes on 354 Posts
Default New products from We R Memory Keepers

Here is a vid of a bunch of products out of WRMK

Maybe people will see something they like
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by wavejumper:
cjzim (02-19-2024), gaylestamps (02-20-2024)
Old 02-19-2024, 03:45 AM   #2  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 591 Likes on 243 Posts

Thanks! I like this brand and I think the charm punch-and-brad gadget will be fun to add embellishments to scrapbook pages.
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
wavejumper (03-12-2024)
Old 02-19-2024, 04:11 PM   #3  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 612 Likes on 431 Posts

Thank you, a few of them might need a look when they come out.
Reply With Quote Likes
wavejumper (03-12-2024)
Old 02-20-2024, 06:51 AM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 103 Likes on 49 Posts

A few things definitely caught my eye....

1) Notch Punch - For photo corner slots. I have one of these in my 123Stitch wishlist. Not sure I'd get the WRMK one, just 'cause I don't need the other 2 corner rounders, but maybe.

2) Puzzle Punch - This intrigued me quite a bit. I was thinking of getting an 8x10 or 8.5x11 die for DIY puzzles, but am now considering the punch. Hmmm....

3) Edge Align Light Pad - Not that I want the gadget, but that circle template kinda made me go, "Oooooh could I stamp wreaths with that...? I wonder if they'd sell the template separately?"
Reply With Quote Likes
wavejumper (03-12-2024)
Old 02-20-2024, 04:48 PM   #5  
Proud Fan Club Member

I have an old light box already for doing hand embossing with a stylus......it is not 12 x 12 but I don't do scrapbooking. I might think about it if I did. Yeah those templates are cool.

I did not know they were doing a version of like "OXO craft tools" for easier handling. That could be cool too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2024, 08:31 PM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavejumperView Post
I have an old light box already for doing hand embossing with a stylus......it is not 12 x 12 but I don't do scrapbooking. I might think about it if I did. Yeah those templates are cool.
Okay, educate me!!! What all is a light box used for? I have a couple of different stylus thingies* (I use the smallest one for applying glue to intricate die cuts), but I have no idea how to hand emboss with them...? Does that process involve a stencil? 'Cause I have a ton of those....

*I bought the styluses/stylusi (lol) to use in lieu of a bone folder in my WRMK scoring board, but for the life of me, can't get the darn things to stay in the track. But I might just be using the too-small ones. (?)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2024, 04:45 PM   #7  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneDevotedDameView Post
Okay, educate me!!! What all is a light box used for? I have a couple of different stylus thingies* (I use the smallest one for applying glue to intricate die cuts), but I have no idea how to hand emboss with them...? Does that process involve a stencil? 'Cause I have a ton of those....

*I bought the styluses/stylusi (lol) to use in lieu of a bone folder in my WRMK scoring board, but for the life of me, can't get the darn things to stay in the track. But I might just be using the too-small ones. (?)

I had a friend build me a light box before you could buy them on the market. I put a piece of notebook paper (Lines bolded) behind my card so I can write straight. It makes the cards look better if your handwriting doesn't slant down the page.

Back in the day, you could use your stylus to emboss your card with a metal embossing plate. I don't even know if they make those anymore.

I am really wanting that massive paper cutter. I just don't know where I would put that. May need to move some stuff around.

Reply With Quote Likes
Chinocookie (03-13-2024)
Old 03-03-2024, 11:47 PM   #8  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 292 Likes on 194 Posts

One can make their own light box with a glass top table and a flashlight.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2024, 09:33 AM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catscrap216View Post
I had a friend build me a light box before you could buy them on the market. I put a piece of notebook paper (Lines bolded) behind my card so I can write straight. It makes the cards look better if your handwriting doesn't slant down the page.
Okay, I can totally see this. For both cardmaking and journaling, I was gonna stamp a template on 120# cardstock, and then just put it behind thinner card, but I like the light idea to make it a lot easier to see.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catscrap216View Post
Back in the day, you could use your stylus to emboss your card with a metal embossing plate. I don't even know if they make those anymore.
I'm new to paper crafting, and I *think* I've seen metal embossing plates, but can't recall exactly where. Ecstasy Crafts, maybe? Frantic Stamper? CraftStash? Ugh. My brain is so broken. Anyway, I always wondered how folks embossed with them. That makes sense, thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by PJBstamper2View Post
One can make their own light box with a glass top table and a flashlight.
Thank you for mentioning this, Miss Pam! I'm currently using some 2x2 IKEA Kallax units, and when I can expand my space one day, it would be ridiculously easy to span a glass tabletop across 2 of the Kallaxes. Nothing like thinking, "I should've done a glass table to craft on, when I set up my stamping station." lol This idea is one of those flashes of brilliance that make you go, "So simple, why didn't I think of that myself?"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2024, 02:41 PM   #10  
Proud Fan Club Member

Here's a vid about different ways to emboss without a machine and a stylus comes in on #2 and #3. I learned a couple tricks myself like wax paper and a rolling pin for EFs. I am now wondering if those things we use to rub the cover of a Misti would work too....

She used a pattern that would not matter which side is up for metal stencil tracing, but if it does-keep in mind which orientation you are doing. Also which side of the paper if it matters.

Sourcing metal stencils-
Yes, you saw them at Frantic-Dreamweaver brand.
Do not ask for metal stencils on ebay-ask for dreamweaver or another brand bc too many people interchange metal stencil with dies. Maybe because you can make a stencil with a die? I don't know.

You can practice first though with just a stylus and scrap paper and make squares or circles or doodle lines...people use a rule to make a frame around an image...to see if you like handling the stylus that way. You dont need a lightbox to do that.

IMHO...I would buy a lightbox. There are inexpensive ones out there.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by wavejumper:
auntangie (04-14-2024), Chinocookie (03-13-2024), OneDevotedDame (03-12-2024)
Old 03-12-2024, 10:03 PM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Here's a vid about different ways to emboss without a machine and a stylus comes in on #2 and #3. I learned a couple tricks myself like wax paper and a rolling pin for EFs.
Oh my gosh, wax paper! I've been trying to use a stylus on my score board, and couldn't get the darn thing to slide on the cardstock. Will have to try this!!!

Quote:

Sourcing metal stencils-
Yes, you saw them at Frantic-Dreamweaver brand.
Excellent, thank you! I actually bought a metal stencil (Sweet Poppy Stencils) from CraftStash last year (had to look up my email history, lol), and I just used it for an Easter card, with ink blending brushes. Thought maybe I'd try running it through my die cutting machine, too. I had no idea this kind of stencil was originally meant for a stylus. Thank you, Miss Margot.

Quote:

You can practice first though with just a stylus and scrap paper and make squares or circles or doodle lines...people use a rule to make a frame around an image...to see if you like handling the stylus that way. You dont need a lightbox to do that.

IMHO...I would buy a lightbox. There are inexpensive ones out there.
Yeah, my very first embossing adventure was making a plaid pattern using only my score board and the bone folder/creaser that came with it. My husband was impressed, "Where did you learn to do that?" I was like, "Well, I score cards all the time to fold them, I thought maybe I'd try just making lines for a pattern...."

I would really like that stylus to work for me. Tired of buying replacement bone folders.

Definitely considering a light box, just for fun, since I don't own a glass table and can't make one any time soon....
Reply With Quote Likes