Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-11-2007, 11:12 AM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nestabilities using Cuttlebug vs. QK Cookie Cutters

If you could choose between the two, which one would you choose? I've decided that I want to invest in one of these systems. I sold my QK handle and dies when I bought a WishBlade a few years ago. Now, I am sold on the idea of embossing cards - and the Nestabilities / QK Cookie Cutters are a huge extra selling point.

I also have a few friends pointing me at the Ellison Big Kick instead of the Cuttlebug.

I just can't decide which route is going to be the direction for me and I know that you ladies are not afraid to share your opinions and experiences. HELP!

Thanks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2007, 12:13 PM   #2  
Compulsive Stamper

Well, I have some of the QK cookie cuters, but I didn't know that you could emboss with them. I do have the entire set of Nestabilities on order from Ellen. Even if I had known you could emboss with the cookie cuters, I'd still have bought the Nestabilites since there are many more sizes to choose from.

Dawn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2007, 04:35 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Heather! Hope you're feeling good! I've been thinking about you. So nice to see you here!

My suggestion is to get the Big Kick/Shot and the Nestabilities.

The Big Kick/Shot will cut QK, BossKut, Sizzix (old & new), Bigz, Sizzlets, Embosslits, Cuttlebug, ZipEMate, and some thin Accucut dies. It will also emboss all the competitors embossing dies.

The Big Kick/Shot is very sturdy and is light enough to take to a crop if you'd like. You can cut paper, cardstock, felt, foam, transparencies, and chipboard. You can adhere fabric to paper and cut it too.

Ellison will be bringing out some kickin' new shapes that are very stylish and trendy.

I already had purchased the square, scalloped circle, and circle Cookie Cutter dies before reading about the Nestabilities. I'm sad because Spellbinders gives you more *bang for your buck* in terms of sizes and compatability (sp?) between shapes (e.g.) plain squares with scalloped squares). Plus the dies are in even, regular increments, unlike the Cookie Cutters. I plan to get the rectangles & the scalloped rectangles, see if I like them, and then add to my collection.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2007, 05:13 PM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by KathiRView Post
My suggestion is to get the Big Kick/Shot....

The Big Kick/Shot is very sturdy and is light enough to take to a crop if you'd like. You can cut paper, cardstock, felt, foam, transparencies, and chipboard. You can adhere fabric to paper and cut it too.
I too have the BS & LOVE it! It is so much sturdier than the cuttlebug 4 of my friends have. It is bigger, but space wasn't an issue with me. I wanted compatibilty (with both have) and durability.

I don't know about the nestabilities/QK cookie cutters--I am thinking of getting one, & am anxious to hear more from everyone else.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2007, 06:41 PM   #5  
Glitter Queen

Are the nestabilities compatable with the old sizzix or cuttlebug? Today is the first I have heard about them and they look great!!:cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2007, 06:50 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capt...07/07/5-1.html

Try this link, it says how to use them with all the machines

HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 05:41 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by npschmidtView Post
Are the nestabilities compatable with the old sizzix or cuttlebug? Today is the first I have heard about them and they look great!!:cool:
They are both compatible but you'll be much happier with the results from the Cuttlebug versus the old fashioned Sizzix if you have both machines.

The emboss is made by pressure and with the old fashioned Sizzix you are limited to the pressure you can assert with your own hands/body.

The more pressure...the better the emboss. The Wizard exerts 3,000 pounds of pressure and that is why it has such a great emboss. I don't believe other companies have shared their pressure amounts with consumers, it would be interesting.

Kim
Reply With Quote Likes