Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-28-2008, 05:43 AM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Marvy Mega and Giga punches???

For those of you who own these, what do you think about them? I have read some good reviews about them, but I have also read a lot of reviews that say they don't cut well, they are hard to use, and such. What are your experiences with them?

Also, I have the SU! scallop punch, are they the same shape as that? Is it smaller than the mega and giga? How do they compare in size?

Thanks in advance for all your help!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2008, 05:55 AM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

I have several punches and they all work well. I only have one that is hard to punch with heavy cardstock. If you have a die cut machine like the Big Shot, Wizzard or cuttlebug, I would go for the Nestabilities instead. I got my punches before the Nestabilities came out. I have a few sets of the nestabilities and love them. They take up less room and are cheaper. You can get them for 40% off from http://www.ucutathome.com/. They are also sold at www.allthatscraps.com and Papertrey.

Hope that helps.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2008, 06:33 AM   #3  
Mad Swapper

I don't have a CB, I have the old Sizzix machine. As much as I would love to have the Nestabilities (I look at them online daily!) I just really don't want to invest the money into all of the different styles and sizes and the machine too. That's why I thought maybe punches instead. After reading that the punches weren't that great though, maybe it would be smarter to invest in the machine and all. One other thing that made me lean towards the punches, everyone is out of the Nestabilities that I would like, and I am an instant gratification kind of girl!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2008, 06:58 AM   #4  
Crimping Master

I have the giga and mega punches in scallops and plain circles. However, I bought them before the advent of nestabilites. If I had the decision to do over again I would probably buy a CB and nestabilities.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-29-2008, 07:30 PM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebeartView Post
I have the giga and mega punches in scallops and plain circles. However, I bought them before the advent of nestabilites. If I had the decision to do over again I would probably buy a CB and nestabilities.

Doesn't CB and nestablities dies work on the original sizzix with the adapter? That would be cheaper then buying a cuttle bug and the dies. I know cuttle bug works on tht original sizzix if you have the adapter. I have never heard of nestablities, but I am going to definately look into this.

Does any one know if the nestabilities work on original sizzix?
I am in the same situation. Punches vs dies?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-29-2008, 09:06 PM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

If you do decide Punches, I love mine and use them daily. The SU scallop is a lot smaller and different scallop. For Card making I find the Blue (Super Jumbo?) and the Mega (Pink) are the ones I use most. The Giga circles and scallops are quite big for cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-29-2008, 10:30 PM   #7  
Crimping Master

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have all four sizes of the marvy punches and I don't think they are very good at all. I am planning on putting them in a garage sale this month. If I could have known about the nestabilities I would not have put the money into the punches. Just my opinion.

Lorri
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2008, 12:37 AM   #8  
Full of Malarky

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I purchased my Marvy Giga and Mega punches before Nestabilites came out. But, I love my Marvy Punches and have no problems with them. I would now invest in nestablities over punches, because overall it is cheaper - and I am going to try one set - but of course, they are out of the scallopped circles that I would like!

Just my two cents - no problems with my punches.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2008, 06:41 AM   #9  
Mad Swapper

Thanks for the feedback! You girls are great. I did it...I bought a Cuttlebug and now have to wait for Nestabilities to be in stock again. I will have fun with the CB until then with the A2 embossing folders I got.

Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2008, 07:48 AM   #10  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampcrazzzyView Post
Thanks for the feedback! You girls are great. I did it...I bought a Cuttlebug and now have to wait for Nestabilities to be in stock again. I will have fun with the CB until then with the A2 embossing folders I got.

Thanks again!
You will love the CB. It does a great job embossing I love it. I also bought the giga and mega punches when it was all the craze. I still do use them, they cut just fine, they are handy if you want to quickly punch something out. But after I bought my cricut I don't use the punches much and probably wouldn't really miss them if I didn't have them.
Reply With Quote Likes