Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-26-2007, 04:51 PM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to lezzels
Default martha !!!

down under its fri am........ but we just got martha's thurs show and she just had some of her new products on there ...... only avail at micheals she said....they looked ok from what I saw .......but looks like we wont get them down under .....

lezzles in Oz
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2007, 04:55 PM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got back from Michaels and let me tell you...Martha's new stuff is beyond gorgeous!! I spent literally an hour looking at all of the stuff. She has 18x18 paper and albums! Really neat paper, rub-ons, cool little kits to make cello bag holder things. It's just overwhelming! The ribbon and oh, the super fine glitter in yummy colors. The prices are VERY reasonable!

I speak the truth not so much as I would, but as much as I dare,
.......and I dare a little more as I grow older.
-Michel de Montaigne, essayist (1533-1592)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2007, 05:10 PM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Has anyone read the inflammatory article ran in the Wall Street Journal about Martha and her desire to get her share of the $$ spent on scrapbooking. I'll tell ya, I was not only insulted by the article, but feel that if Martha wants to make any $$ at all on her stuff, her marketing department needs to do some damage control.
Here is a link to the article I'd like to hear what you think.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2007, 06:20 PM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks for the link to that article. Obviously written by someone who has never done any kind of papercrafting whatsover. I'm looking forward to checking out Martha's new line. Our Michaels was rearranging the store the last time I was there to make room for it all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2007, 06:21 PM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks for the link to that article. Obviously written by someone who has never done any kind of papercrafting whatsover. I'm looking forward to checking out Martha's new line. Our Michaels was rearranging the store the last time I was there to make room for it all! I'm glad to finally see some new stuff at Michaels- it's been disappointing to see nothing new there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2007, 06:31 PM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Lynn, I checked out the article. It seems to me that the author needs to check out JulieHRR's blog...dowdy craft indeed!!;) I don't get the sense that Martha is being condescending as much as the author is. However, even if she said she's just in it to make a buck that's fine with me 'cause when you see the stuff they're putting out there you won't mind either. It is truly unique, gorgeous and it seems to be of good quality. Thanks for posting the link.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2007, 06:43 PM   #7  
Forum Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Popped into 2 Michaels stores today to check it out! The Michaels that has been open for only a month had a beautiful full aisle display of Martha's stuff - it was the front of the first aisle on scrap/stamp side of the store and it was gorgeous!!!! Luscious colors and classing packaging. Prices on items seemed to be in line with other nice stamping stuff - I bought a 1" gently scalloped circle punch (pretty white with a new style petal punch handle) for $9.99 - same price as other petal punches. There were some very interesting papers & string for packaging homemade goodies - the same beautiful stuff you see her use in the magazine.

As I was gazing at the display, a manager came by and removed two different styles of the fancy rotary blades and took them to his office...don't know what that was all about, but maybe someone didn't use their white gloves when they were put on display and they needed to be de-fingerprinted! ;) (If you missed the discussion on another thread, someone said they had heard that the staff had been instructed from on high that Martha wanted all her items handled with gloved hands when they were put out on the shelves....probably an urban myth, but I must admit I've never seen such a meticulous and eye-pleasing display at Michaels!)

My excursion to the old Michaels was as expected, it was late afternoon and boxes were littering the aisles, nothing was in place and the staff was in it's usual state of confusion...:rolleyes: I was very glad I had taken time at the first store to admire the display and get a couple of items to try.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2007, 06:55 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to lezzels

yeah I checked out the article too, thanks for link ..... but all said and done she only doing it to make money thats what every one goes into business for............only wish I could have got there before her ........I wouldnt mind a share in that multi million scrapbooking business.......... I can oly look at her stuff on line ...as micheals do not ship overseas
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2007, 07:13 PM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Granted I'm not well traveled to all the craft stores in the nation but have yet to see a store with supplies on pipecleaners,this pathetic excuse for a journalist must have gotten his info out of the inside of a cerial box. Crafting is as we all know a spendy hobby and I suspect the "Martha flair" will do well in the card and scrapbook line. I'm anxious to get out and see what is going on have to him M's tomorrow and see her line in person.
As far as the coupon deal,I don't have coupons for my SU products that multiply some how and I continue to buy as I love the product. Am so anxious to see the goods,if I can't resist,...I've already got my Mothers Day gift and my bday isn't until Nov,...have to come up with something,Wedding Ann was my last SU order,...better save my pennies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2007, 08:52 PM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

What's really cool about Martha's new line are all the kits to make craft items. Lots of favor bag type things, gift sets and cool kids crafts. Her stuff is going to ruin my vow to stop spending so much on stuff I can't bring myself to use 'cause it's too pretty!:rolleyes:

Reply With Quote Likes