Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-27-2013, 02:47 PM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Light Box and Gelatin Printing-Busy Memorial Day!

I finally did it! This morning (a grey, rainy Memorial Day here in Northern Indiana) I made myself a light box. I love the results.
This afternoon (still a rainy Memorial Day) I pulled out the gelatin plate I'd made a while back and finally tried making prints with it. It was a whole lot of fun.
The first attachment is a picture of the light box in action. The last is a photo of a card using the box.
Attached Thumbnails
Light Box and Gelatin Printing-Busy Memorial Day!-dsc_0049.jpg   Light Box and Gelatin Printing-Busy Memorial Day!-gelatin-plate-prints.jpg   Light Box and Gelatin Printing-Busy Memorial Day!-my-favorite-prints-day.jpg   Light Box and Gelatin Printing-Busy Memorial Day!-packing-tape-prints-pulled-dried-paint-stencils.jpg   Light Box and Gelatin Printing-Busy Memorial Day!-repeat-after-me-case.jpg  

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2013, 04:54 PM   #2  
Crimping Master

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

Wow Gail! How cool that you made your own light box and that it works so well!! I never could have come up with that:rolleyes: Your gelli print papers look like a lot of fun. I've been drooling over them for a while; such unique bg's. I may try to make some myself as opposed to buying them. That's for sharing all the pics!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2013, 05:54 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

I couldn't have come up with it on my own either....thank you Google! I've been seeing all the cool Gelli prints too and decided to try the home made route before I spent the $ for a permanent Gelli plate. I think I will go for it eventually and probably will stick with the smaller plate. You could watch You tube Gelli plate videos all night long!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2013, 02:35 AM   #4  
Crimping Master

Do the homemade Gelli plates only work as a one time thing? When you mentioned a permanent Gelli plate, that's what made me think the homemade plate couldn't be used very long. I sure love the look of the unique designs made with them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2013, 05:35 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by JubleView Post
Do the homemade Gelli plates only work as a one time thing? When you mentioned a permanent Gelli plate, that's what made me think the homemade plate couldn't be used very long. I sure love the look of the unique designs made with them.
Since they're made of gelatin, they will get moldy eventually. I have had mine in the frig for a couple of weeks. Yesterday when mine cracked, I just melted it down in the microwave and it has set back up just fine. Lindsay aka the frugal crafter has a bunch of You Tube videos and did one on using the gelatin and now has one on making a more permanent home made version that I haven't tried yet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2013, 08:24 AM   #6  
Crimping Master

Thanks for the link. I may have to try that. I never thought about mold but it does make sense.
Way cool! Gail, keep on posting your creations with your plate. So very fun to look at!!
Reply With Quote Likes