Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-10-2005, 05:02 PM   #81  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one that a neighbor's father make for me. It's kinda heavy but I like that I has a lot of slots for pads and a ribbon holder at the bottom. Then I ordered some reifll holders from www.dekdevelopment.net for the very bottom.
I tried to post a pic but it was too large, I'll try later when I have more time.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2005, 06:03 PM   #82  
Polyshrink Goddess

Red face

A friend and I pooled in for 10 of the Dzyntec holders and we LOVE LOVE LOVE them!!!! We each have 5 so enought to hold the current sets of colors plus the new 12 colors that will be out next month! I have received them already and they are wonderful! If you are an organized person you will love these because you can have the entire color family of ink pads, markers, re-inkers, daubers and one more tray for misc all in one place! They are clear so you can see which set you are pulling from, and the door is magnetic so it holds tight for traveling, even over the drawer!!!

I had called them and they said that they are moving so they are trying to get rid of their stock, 4000 and some. They are planning to move in September so the sale will be on until then unless they run out.

The shipping is a little pricy but if you divide it out, it is still cheaper than just buying one for $39.99, and that is what they will be when they move!!!

I would definitely recomment this for storage!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2005, 04:21 AM   #83  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Hey Jami,

Can I see that comparison chart when you finish it??? I am totally like you on wanting to make sure. I am also leaning toward the dyzntec. I want 4 to put on a turntable and 2-3 more for other pads just lined up on the wall. I need to get the shipping price on that many. Anyway, let me know any info you get!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jami
Oh, I'm still agonizing! It's my nature. But that's ok, because I don't really need the new storage until I put in my first order from the new catty and get a bunch of new ink pads. I di want new storage before those arrive! The gal from dyzntec was supposed to e-mail me a pic a week ago of all 4 on a turntable so I could see the configuration (very visual person), but I haven't heard back from her.

My next move will be to make a chart so I can do a side by side comparison of features (I'm a dork I know) to help me decide which will work best for my space. It's such a new concept for me to have my ink on my table. For several years I've stored my old style pads in one of those cases from Home Depot (everybody bought them a few years ago) - plastic - flat - front opens down - has a handle. Anyway I've always kept that on the floor right next to my feet.

I'm leaning toward the dyzntec, but I'm also uncertain whether or not the doors are a good thing for my space. I'm so glad this thread has helped lots of other people find good options! I'm very thankful to everyone who has given input here.

*goes back to comparing and agonizing*

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2005, 04:25 AM   #84  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Ok, I was going to get 7-8 of these....then thought why not just do the 10 for $90 special. I can find someone who wants the others probably. Well, shipping for 10 of them and the turntable is $49!! That's probably not that bad for 10 units and a turntable though. Just thought I'd share. If I get all 10, is there anyone in TX that would want a few of the extra ones??? Or maybe someone coming to the TX stamp a thon in Oct??

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2005, 04:27 AM   #85  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Shipping on 4 of them and the turntable is only $23. Just thought I'd share.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2005, 04:27 AM   #86  
Polyshrink Goddess

Red face

what is this turntable you are speaking of?

Edited: nevermind, i went back to the website. This must be new as I just ordered mine and that was not an option. Hmphhhhhhhhhhhh. I may have to put in another order?

Last edited by KarrieLyne; 06-11-2005 at 04:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2005, 04:29 AM   #87  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Sorry to keep posting and posting and posting on this. Does ANYONE have a pic of the 4 caddies on the turntable??? I am really desperate to see how they look.

I think I am just holding out until the new catty. If they don't make the current caddy bigger, then I'll probably go with these.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2005, 04:42 AM   #88  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarrieLyne
what is this turntable you are speaking of?
http://www.dzyntec.com/dzyntec/produ...roducts_id=104

It's the turntable that you can place units on so they spin.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2005, 06:18 AM   #89  
Mad Swapper

For those of you who ordered DZynTec, how long did it take to receive your order? My payment posted on Wednesday (the 8th) and I haven't received an email or anything with the tracking number. I am not a very patient person and I REEEAAALLLY want these...can ya let me know?
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2005, 06:22 AM   #90  
Crimping Master

I received mine in under a week and I live in Ohio. I was getting very impatient toop - not receiving any email or tracking number and then UPS pulled up. My credit card was charged on the 2nd and I received them on Wednesday the 8th.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2005, 07:22 AM   #91  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by emilymomto3boys
Sorry to keep posting and posting and posting on this. Does ANYONE have a pic of the 4 caddies on the turntable??? I am really desperate to see how they look.

I think I am just holding out until the new catty. If they don't make the current caddy bigger, then I'll probably go with these.
I'm in the same boat Emily! I did e-mail the gal at the company again to follow up. She told me over a week ago that she would take a pic and e-mail it to me, but then I never heard back - so I sent her another e-mail Thursday night.

Two more questions for people who have bought these already: Does anyone know if they fit on a rubbermaid turntable? And (sorry if we already talked about this - I may have lost track) - if you take out one of the drawers would a Spectrum (or 2) pad fit on the bottom part?

Emily - when I get my comparison chart made I'll definitely share it!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2005, 07:25 AM   #92  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by wright1
For those asking about the one from Pet Food Box. I didn't buy from there, I got mine from ebay but it looks like the exact same thing as the one from the Pet site. Don't know if they're the same person.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

I love mine. It is tall. Not portable.Stury. Well made. Just what I needed for me. I had NO problems with the lady on ebay. Fast shipping.
I also have this one. I ordered from ebay. I love it!! It holds 60 ink pads so I have room for all 48 colors plus room for versamark, stazon, ect. I also love that it fits flat against the wall so it takes up alot less room than the ones that swivel and all my ink is right in front of me for easy access. With SU coming out with new colors I still have room for them but will need to find some place to store versamark, stazon, ect. Any one have any ideas? I was looking at the ones from dyzntez but they won't hold spectum pads. I only need room for 12 or so.

Whenever I feel blue I start breathing again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2005, 09:43 AM   #93  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by meaprincess
I also have this one. I ordered from ebay. I love it!! It holds 60 ink pads so I have room for all 48 colors plus room for versamark, stazon, ect. I also love that it fits flat against the wall so it takes up alot less room than the ones that swivel and all my ink is right in front of me for easy access. With SU coming out with new colors I still have room for them but will need to find some place to store versamark, stazon, ect. Any one have any ideas? I was looking at the ones from dyzntez but they won't hold spectum pads. I only need room for 12 or so.
Do you think that Colorbox chalk pads might fit into the wooden holder? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2005, 10:51 AM   #94  
Crimping Master

RE: Dzyntec and Spectrum Pads:

I don't have a spectrum pad to try it out and see if it would fit or not - but for those of you with chalk pads - the full size chalk inks will NOT fit. They are too tall. The staz on and brilliance are just about as tall as it will accomodate.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2005, 01:13 PM   #95  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Dzyntec - spectrum pad

I have a Kaleidacolor spectrum pad (same size as su?), it's about 1/2" too long to fit on the shelf if you close the door. However, it's easy to pop off the doors - just push up gently a little on the top and pull out the door at hinge. I don't have much use for the doors anyway. Course, if I cleaned up some of that stuff in front of the doors, they would open. ;)

Um, don't want to leave the impression that these are flimsy, when I popped off the door. The doors do stay in place just fine if you want to keep them on. The acrylic is just flexible enough not to break if you're gentle. The whole unit is quite sturdy.

Since this thread started, looks like a few of you have bought from Dzyntec, they're probably wondering about the sudden increase in business. Looks like they are a small company, it's nice to know they are being supported.

~ Kathy

p.s. Jami, sorry I forgot about a photo for you with the four units on the turntable. Will try to get dh to help with a digital photo when he gets home. Then I can also show some of my "modifications".

Last edited by ikimom; 06-11-2005 at 01:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2005, 01:59 PM   #96  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Kathy - that would be great if you get a chance to take photos. I'm wondering if the Spectrum/Kaleidacolor pads would fit in sideways with the bottom tray removed? If yes, would you take a photo of that when you're taking your pics? I just went and counted and I have 13 of those pads (more than I thought) and I love them, so I'm sure I will get more. I don't absolutely have to accomodate them in my storage solution, since they are currently stored separately, but it might be nice.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2005, 02:13 PM   #97  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Dzyntec storage photo

Okay, hot outta the camera -

The section on the right shows unit with doors removed and the spectrum pad sticking out a bit. I've been using stampin' spots for two years and decided it was time to upgrade, so two units in back haven't filled up yet. Turntable is very sturdy, not wobbly, turns smoothly.

I'm not currently using the turntable in my stampin' space, after I received these, I decided to line them up against the wall. The units sit on the turntable, not attached.

~ Kathy

Oooh, that was fun, loading up my first digital photo and attaching. Before, I only used a scanner for my cards. I already knew how to use Photoshop, dh just showed me where the cable was to connect the camera to computer and find the files. Way coooool.....

Just added another photo to show the other modification I made. Broke out the "grid" from one of the drawers to store the ink cartridges. Let me know if you want other views.
Attached Thumbnails
Ink Storage - Do you love yours?-dzyntec-ink-storage.jpg   Ink Storage - Do you love yours?-dzyntec-storage-modifications.jpg  

Last edited by ikimom; 06-11-2005 at 02:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2005, 02:23 PM   #98  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Oh Kathy THANK YOU so much for the photo!!! That is so helpful! I'm such a visual person! It never occurred to me that the turntable would be square (duh!). I definitely needed the picture! I'm sure I will look at it a million times while trying to make up my mind! Emily's gonna be happy too!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2005, 02:59 PM   #99  
Hardware Hotshot

Default Ink Pad Storage www.suink.net

www.suink.net has some great ink pad storage holders - holds the ink, wheels, refills, markers and has a storage spot on the top. Spins like a lazy susan, and only takes up 12x12x16 inches of space - holds 60 pads - on sale this month for 10% off. Not affiliated with them - just a great product....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2005, 03:40 PM   #100  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwistamper
Do you think that Colorbox chalk pads might fit into the wooden holder? Thanks.
I don't have any of the chalk ink pads so I don't know how big they are but I have versamark and stazon in mine. Are they bigger than those?
The openings are approx. 3 3/4" wide x 1" tall x 3 1/2" deep. Each of the shelves can be pulled out to make a larger opening for taller pads.
Wish I had a digital so everyone could see it full.

Whenever I feel blue I start breathing again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2005, 04:23 AM   #101  
Gabfest Goddess

Thank you so much for the pictures and all the discussion. I went ahead and ordered ten of the Dsyntec ones. My shipping to Iowa was $43 which makes my unite a little over $13 each. I needed five of them so four was not enough. I ordered around the 8th of June so they should be here this week. I have received a confirmation email but not a shipping one.
It never dawned on me either that the turntable would be square. Jeez, what a dunce I am. I figure if I want all four on a turntable, I can put a piece of peg board on the round turntable that I am using with the photo boxes and be all set. It will be nice to have all my pads separated along with the inkers and sponges and what markers I have. I am excited to get more organized and have everything at hand and I think I am really going to love these. When I get set up, I will post a pic also.
thanks ladies, for all the great feedback on this subject. It is a major decision in my book and could be a costly one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2005, 07:05 AM   #102  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Oh my gosh, thank you so so so much for the picture!!!!

I never thought it would be square either, although it makes total sense!! I think these are still a front runner for me. And I think I like that the doors can be removed. Who needs a door, we need accessability!!! I am really leaning towards these, but I want like 7 of them. 4 for the main color families, one for the neutrals, one for stazon, brilliance, etc. One for craft pads ( I don't have many of those yet).....

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2005, 01:15 PM   #103  
Mad Swapper

Ok, so it's 4:14 here and no UPS yet...UGH! I really want my DZynTec ink pad storage and I want it NOW!! LOL! I was sooooo hoping for them to arrive today...oh well, tomorrow is another day...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2005, 04:16 PM   #104  
Crimping Master

Hope it arrives soon. My shipping was pretty quick and I live in Ohio.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2005, 05:41 AM   #105  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 105 Likes on 82 Posts

I just got a link to the Kingdom.com rack from a friend. The price is certainly right. If you have it, do you like it and is there an issue with the new style pads hanging off? How much is their shipping?

Jami, I would love to see your comparison chart! I could hang it or make room on my table. If on the table, I would rather be able to rotate (the rack not your chart LOL). I'm an agonizer, too.

Last edited by lindylou1220; 06-15-2005 at 05:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2005, 06:19 AM   #106  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindylou1220
I just got a link to the Kingdom.com rack from a friend. The price is certainly right. If you have it, do you like it and is there an issue with the new style pads hanging off? How much is their shipping?
Check out these 2 threads on the Kingdom Holders. I am definitly thinking of purchasing this one. You can't beat the price and for me shipping wasn't but 6.50. Plus it holds 100 pads, some have even taken out some of the shelves to store small punches and Embossing powders and other items. It sounds great. Hope you find these helpful.

Forums at Splitcoaststampers

Forums at Splitcoaststampers

Also on page 2 of this thread there are some more thread links about the Kingdom holder.

Last edited by momofdbl; 06-15-2005 at 06:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2005, 09:58 AM   #107  
Gabfest Goddess

Yaaaaaaaa hoooooooooooo!!! Brown just delivered my ink pad storage from Dzyntec and I have unwrapped one so far. It is looking fantastic, little heavier than I thought it would be but it is sturdy and very well put together and looks so nice. And it is ready to go. Ten of them came in a big box packed very well, it weighed in at 55 pounds so no wonder shipping is high, but I am thinking worth every penny. Ten of them for 90 dollars for what you are getting is pretty darn good in my book. The quality is there which amazes me.

Now to check out how they are going to work and see if they will work on my own turntable. I certainly dont see why not.

More later when I get them up to my stamp area and loaded. I will take a pic and post.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2005, 10:48 AM   #108  
Stazon Splitcoast

I just received three photos from dzyntec.com but I cannot upload them because they are too large. Is there another way to share them with you all?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2005, 11:00 AM   #109  
Crimping Master

Open them in your paint program and click on the image tab and then stretch and skew. Change the horizontal and vertical both to the same reduction - probably 50% and then save. The file should be much smaller then. If it is still too large - try it again with another 25% or 50%. That should make it small enough to attach.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2005, 12:50 PM   #110  
Gabfest Goddess

Here are the pictures. One is a front view with the doors and how stuff looks in it. One is the side view. The last one is how the old style pads look in them. Everything fits nicely and snugly. If SU changes the shape of the inkers, I will be in trouble. Some of the pads fit very snug, especially at the top where the door connects. Just some retraining on my part to slip my finger under and pull out gently and also straight. If you pull crooked on any of them and the shelves, you have to push back in and pull out again. Also the old pads slide clear in and are flush with the shelf inside so are a little tough to get out, but just retraining on my part for that too. I put two back to back on my round turn table and they work fine and move easily with the push of my finger. I am really pleased as everything is so visible and even though they are side by side and then I have one stand alone beside them, it doesnt seem crowded. LOL,, With the doors I am going to have to keep the area in front clean so I can open them. I am thinking that will be a plus.
here are the pics:
Attached Thumbnails
Ink Storage - Do you love yours?-tn_mvc-851s.jpg   Ink Storage - Do you love yours?-tn_mvc-852s.jpg   Ink Storage - Do you love yours?-tn_mvc-853s.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2005, 04:57 PM   #111  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

I've been leaning toward the PortaInk all day - the one that turns. I really like the way both size pads would fit. Really the only thing I don't care for is the color - doesn't really go with the stuff in my stamp room. But I guess i could get over it.
I have the PortaInk - the one that turns! I absolutely love it!!! The top holds all the reinkers. Now, if I could come up with something for the neutrals, I'd be a happy camper!

You'll love the PortaInk!!!

Peg

SCS #10227
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2005, 05:05 PM   #112  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I'm still working on my comparison chart. I'm thinking it might be cool to get that spinning PortaInk and 1 or 2 of the acrylic units from Dzyntec (for neutrals and additonal pads and stuff), except I think you have to buy 4 to get the good price?

*the agonizing continues*

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2005, 05:50 PM   #113  
Gabfest Goddess

Just reporitng in,,,, It has been a few days now and I am loving my Dzyntec ones. They are working just like I wanted them to...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2005, 06:06 PM   #114  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherlie
Just reporitng in,,,, It has been a few days now and I am loving my Dzyntec ones. They are working just like I wanted them to...

Me too! I love mine. I am going to be getting the rest of the bold brights inks as well as all of the Earth elements (minus the two new ones) and I love the DZyTec storage!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2005, 06:39 PM   #115  
Stazon Splitcoast

I really like the look of the Dzyntec ones, but the shipping is killing me.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2005, 06:52 PM   #116  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindylou1220
I really like the look of the Dzyntec ones, but the shipping is killing me.
How much is the shipping to you (for how many units)????

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2005, 01:29 AM   #117  
Stazon Splitcoast

To my zip code (east cost) $50.78 for 10.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2005, 04:15 AM   #118  
Gabfest Goddess

My total bill for ten was 133.46, so my shipping was 43 dollars and I am in Iowa. They come ten in huge box and the box weighed in a 55 pounds so this is not lightweight they are shipping. I would imagine this is why they cost so much to ship and the box size is most likely just at the size and weight limit for UPS. They are packed very well with sheets of foam stuff lining the big box and then each unit is in its own box with more foam and soft wrapping. They are very secure. I think I would rather pay the shipping on ten for $90 or four for $40 and get the good price than pay the shipping at regular price. Shipping has gone up for everything now and most things that were $5.95 to ship are now $7.95 so it is just a fact of life. If you want it delivered you are going to have to pay it. Check out some of your SU orders for four and five hundred dollar parties. That seems a lot and of course, it is dividied up between several people but that is the going rate there too, and I would bet those boxes dont weight 55 pounds.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2005, 04:45 AM   #119  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

I'm still working on my comparison chart. I'm thinking it might be cool to get that spinning PortaInk and 1 or 2 of the acrylic units from Dzyntec (for neutrals and additonal pads and stuff), except I think you have to buy 4 to get the good price?

*the agonizing continues*
If we lived closer, I'd split an order of the Dzyntecs with you. I think that two would handle my miscellaneous pads!

Peg

SCS #10227
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2005, 09:55 AM   #120  
Mad Swapper

My upline has the side by side unit from PortaInk and absolutely LOVES hers! She's actually going to be getting another one for all of her craft inks! The best part is that they hold the old & new style pads.

On the other hand, if you HAD the room, the LW100 from kingdom.com is AWESOME!! It's actually made to hold cassette tapes, but they fit the ink pads nicely.

JMHO

Reply With Quote Likes