Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-11-2011, 08:37 AM   #1  
Crimping Master

Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Ink Pad color charts

I have decided I need to have a sample stamped of all of my ink pad colors. I have a few charts for Staz-On, Brilliance, and Tim Holtz Distress pads. I really like both of these charts because they have a box for each color listed with the color names of all of the available colors for each company. I don't know where I found these charts, but it was most likely some wonderfully kind soul here on Splitcoast.

Now I am looking for a similar chart for the Ranger Adirondack inks, Colorbox, Memento, and Versa Magic. I have been searching on-line and several companies have a swatch type chart for their products, but they are often so small that I can't stamp an actual sample of the ink. I don't mind if the color samples are on the chart, as long as I also have room to stamp a sample. I would prefer empty boxes, but I am starting to think I won't be too fussy if I can just find some charts with enough room for my samples.

Does anyone know a place where I can find these charts? I would really appreciate any help you can provide. TIA

Annie,
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2011, 08:43 AM   #2  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry I am actually not being helpful, but I just wanted to say that I love this idea! I love having an inventory of my stuff, and this is such a great example of that!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2011, 08:47 AM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here are a few I have...I know there are more out there, but can't find them right now...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf InkSwatchSheets.pdf (180.2 KB, 904 views)

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2011, 09:08 AM   #4  
Crimping Master

Thanks, Karen. That is the type of thing I am looking for, and gets me started. I hope someone has Colorbox, too. Thanks!

Shemantis, I didn't think I would get much use out of charts, but after I found myself constantly looking at my Prisma and Copic charts, I decided to do the Staz-On and TH Distress ink charts. I can't believe how often I check the chart and compare with my paper colors etc. I am using them way more than I ever thought and am so glad to have the charts I do have. Now if I can just find a couple more charts, I'll be in business.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2011, 09:10 AM   #5  
Linking Queen

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I went to Ranger's website and found these color charts (hope they are useful):

Distress Inks:
http://www.rangerink.com/pdf/grid-distress-LETTER.pdf

Alcohol Inks:
http://www.rangerink.com/pdf/Adirond...sChart-1up.pdf

VersaMagic Ink (prefilled with color and product info):
Tsukineko � high quality inks and inkpads for your crafting projects

Clearsnap has pre-filled color chart but the names only appear when you hover your cursor over the square. It could still be used (if you print it) and fill in the names with a fine tip marker so here are the links:

ColorBox Fluid Chalk Inkpads (scroll down a bit for color chart)~
Clearsnap � ColorBox Fluid Chalk Inkpad � Yellow Ochre

ColorBox Classic Pigment (Limited Edition colors)~
Clearsnap � ColorBox Limited Edition Full Size � Ice

ColorBox Classic Pigment~
Clearsnap � ColorBox Full Size Pigment Inkpad � Canary

There are probably more under each product line (i.e. Ancient Page, Vivid) so here's the link to the product page:
Clearsnap � Products

Happy Crafting!
Tina aka TeeGeeDee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2011, 09:24 AM   #6  
Hardware Hotshot

See! Ask and you shall receive on SCS! LOL

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2011, 09:42 AM   #7  
Linking Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by kphorseView Post
See! Ask and you shall receive on SCS! LOL
It's so true and I love when I can actually be one of the folks providing answers (paying it forward).

I was actually typing/finding links while the OPs second message was posted and saw it after my post appeared.

I think the charts you provided are great - esp. since Brilliance is my favorite ink! I've saved the file and will print it onto cardstock asap.

Happy Crafting!
Tina aka TeeGeeDee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2011, 10:37 AM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

Received 159 Likes on 99 Posts

Ranger's charts & labels: Ink Pad Label Sheets | Rubber Stamping Pads | Ranger Ink

You can use the paint dabber chart for dye & pigment ink samples, too.

Vic
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2011, 01:08 PM   #9  
Crimping Master

Thanks for the links. I don't know why I wasn't finding that page on Ranger's site when I was there yesterday! Their charts are great. I wish I could find something similar (with the squares and blank) for Colorbox and the Versa pads! Thanks for your help!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2011, 02:59 PM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

Received 159 Likes on 99 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by annie*View Post
Thanks for the links. I don't know why I wasn't finding that page on Ranger's site when I was there yesterday! Their charts are great. I wish I could find something similar (with the squares and blank) for Colorbox and the Versa pads! Thanks for your help!!
You're welcome. As a suggestion for the others, could you use the charts but stamp your image on paper, cut out squares & mount over the printed color?

Vic
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2011, 05:29 AM   #11  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamvicsView Post
You're welcome. As a suggestion for the others, could you use the charts but stamp your image on paper, cut out squares & mount over the printed color?

Vic
Vic,
That is a great idea, but I was hoping to find blank charts so it was an easy-peasy process. I may need to use your idea if I can't find some more blank charts. When I actually got into my ink pad drawers yesterday I found I have other brands of stamp pads that I had sort of forgotten about. So now I am looking for even more charts (like Memories and Colorbox Chalk)! Grrr! But, the good news is that having some of the charts done, I know they are going to be very helpful.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2011, 03:43 PM   #12  
Cardstock Collector

Smile Adirondack Ink Inventory

I have made up a quick Adirondack Ink Inventory that I'm glad to share. It can be modified as needed.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ADIRONDACK INKS.pdf (100.9 KB, 144 views)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2011, 04:29 PM   #13  
Crimping Master

Haha, I thought I would like to have colour charts too, but I have so many inkpads (about 200) from so many different companies that I just gave up. So I took some cardstock and cut it down to half ATC size, ruled off the top half inch and coloured that space from each ink pad. I wrote the colour name underneath that. Lower on the card I wrote the initials for the name of the company who made the inkpad and then laminated each card. I punched a hole in the LH bottom corner and threaded them with a ribbon.

Each group is colour coded rather than which company and I have these with me when I shop either on line or at the stores in town. BUT it is also useful when I need to stamp and colour with blender pens as the colours are accurate the ones printed off sometimes are NOT accurate.

Now when I get new pads I just make up about six at a time and put them through my little A5 laminator (I have an A3 one too - lol).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2011, 04:41 PM   #14  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Karen, that sounds brilliant!
Wanna come inventory mine? I have lots less!

Meow is kind of like Aloha. It can mean anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2011, 04:09 AM   #15  
Insane Embellisher

Karen,
I agree with you about the colors. It's easier for me to use an inventory grouped into colors rather than companies. I just stamp (using a solid circle stamp) all the blues on one sheet and label them with the company name and the color. I do this for each color and I use these sheets nearly every time I make a card. I do have my Distress Inks on a separate sheet too, but I find that more useful when ordering than when making cards. Since I have ink pads from several companies I find it easier to see which shade of red matches when they're all together on one sheet. Your method with the cards sounds great too.

Last edited by Susan_T; 09-27-2011 at 04:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2012, 03:03 PM   #16  
Kookie Creator

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarenwhiteView Post
Haha, I thought I would like to have colour charts too, but I have so many inkpads (about 200) from so many different companies that I just gave up. So I took some cardstock and cut it down to half ATC size, ruled off the top half inch and coloured that space from each ink pad. I wrote the colour name underneath that. Lower on the card I wrote the initials for the name of the company who made the inkpad and then laminated each card. I punched a hole in the LH bottom corner and threaded them with a ribbon.

Each group is colour coded rather than which company and I have these with me when I shop either on line or at the stores in town. BUT it is also useful when I need to stamp and colour with blender pens as the colours are accurate the ones printed off sometimes are NOT accurate.

Now when I get new pads I just make up about six at a time and put them through my little A5 laminator (I have an A3 one too - lol).
that is an awesome idea - and as a brit i do not use that word lightly!!!!
so often i don't use many of my inks cos they are in a separate box and i forget about them but having a swatch of all my colours would mean i'd use them more.

do you have a pic of the swatch we can have a look at??

this is definitely the next job on my to do list - to go with making an inventory of all my stamps - if only i'd started that job when i first started buying stamps rather than 8 yrs down the line!!!

My Blog

Last edited by Kathleen Mc; 07-03-2012 at 03:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2012, 04:00 PM   #17  
Crimping Master

Kathleen, aw thanks for saying my idea was awesome. That is kind. You can imagine I have even more inkpads now than ever...

As for inventorying your stamps, can I say: Don't. Seriously, if you have more than 20 it is just going to take longer and longer to do and not be something you will ever get on top of. What I did for my stamps was I unmounted them all, and decided to disregard whether they were rubber or acrylic. I have no idea how many stamps I have as I have lots of little stamps. I bought a cheapy black inkpad and a ream of A4 paper and I stamped each stamp onto a sheet - several on one sheet - and then cut them all out. I then put them through my laminator and used punches and scissors to cut out all around leaving an edge of about a quarter inch (5mm) around the stamped/cut image.

I get the stamp itself and place it onto the back of the stamped laminated image. The acrylic ones stick automatically and the rubber ones I use repositionable glue on the back. Each one goes into a Trading Card plastic sheet in a lever arch folder. If I have larger stamps/images I have plastic sheet pockets with six slots and I have A5 ziplock bags for large acrylic sets.

I am thinking of getting coin sheets for my really small stamps.

I stamp with acrylic blocks with Tack'n'Peel on them. This means I don't have to have glue on the stamps and I don't have to have a foam back on the stamp either. I have a foam stamp sheet if I need it for some of the finer, more intricate stamps. My stamps take up very little space - I am happy just to start another folder if I get too many.

Each image is facing up, so as I flip through the folder, I can immediately see what the stamp is. Each is grouped into subject, say botanical, animals, artist, marine, and so on. I guess the subject groupings is entirely up to you and how you think it would be suited to you.

I hope this will be of help to you. I will try to get some pics up in my gallery of one folder soon...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2016, 10:20 PM   #18  
Linking Queen

It seems Ranger updated their site. The following link brings you to a page to "organize your Ranger products" and has links for color charts ... and labels (at least for some products ... I didn't scroll down):

Organize Your Ranger Products | Ranger Ink and Innovative Craft Products
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2016, 03:45 AM   #19  
Die Cut Diva

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I'd recommend grabbing sandpiperstudio's kind offer of her chart, as Ranger retired the Adirondack line last year, so they no longer have the swatch sheet on their site. I'd also recommend getting any re-inkers you can find if you like the pads/colours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2016, 06:02 AM   #20  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

This thread started years ago but if people are still looking for ink pad charts go to jennifermcquireink.com and look for her free charts to print out and stamp on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2016, 09:38 AM   #21  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by arlenevitaView Post
This thread started years ago but if people are still looking for ink pad charts go to jennifermcquireink.com and look for her free charts to print out and stamp on.
I love Jennifer's color charts... she even has one that you can customize for inks that she does not have charts for.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2016, 11:11 AM   #22  
Rubber Obsessor

I just used a white cardstock paper and made a color chart of all the colors red, orange, yellow and so forth and stamped each of the types on one page like copic markers, SU inks, distress inks all on one page so that I could see what I had in each color then when I wanted to use say a yellow I could see them all and choose what I wanted. Just a thought it works for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2016, 03:41 PM   #23  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 40 Likes on 18 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitcatforeverView Post
I just used a white cardstock paper and made a color chart of all the colors red, orange, yellow and so forth and stamped each of the types on one page like copic markers, SU inks, distress inks all on one page so that I could see what I had in each color then when I wanted to use say a yellow I could see them all and choose what I wanted. Just a thought it works for me.
This is exactly what I did. One color per page and some colors took 2-3 pages but it's all together - held with a fastener and I can flip through it very fast.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2016, 02:45 PM   #24  
Kookie Creator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Link to Jennifer McGuire's ink chart downloads

Complete Ink Swatch Book Downloads - Jennifer McGuire Ink
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2016, 08:42 AM   #25  
Pearl-ExPert

I've used Jennifer McGuire's ink charts. Love it!

I wanted a few company's ink separate so I put the swatches in smaller page pockets.
Here are some pictures:
Attached Thumbnails
Ink Pad color charts-color-swatch-pti-g.jpg   Ink Pad color charts-color-swatches-b.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2016, 06:30 PM   #26  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitcatforeverView Post
This is the way I think, too. HOWEVER, I have found that when I stamp samples they really stamp differently on different white cardstocks. Some, so much so, that they appear to be really different inks!! Maybe I need charts on SU white, Recollections 110 lb, and the other brands I have.
Reply With Quote Likes