Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

View Poll Results: How many Copics do you have ?
None I am not falling into that trap 55 23.91%
1-50 35 15.22%
50-100 42 18.26%
100-150 36 15.65%
150-250 47 20.43%
All of them 15 6.52%
Voters: 230. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-04-2011, 11:59 AM   #81  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank you....

For the nice compliments on my card. I like it also.... As far as the barn goes, we just had it delivered about a month ago. It was made in PA by the Amish. Wonderful craftsmen they are for sure. I am waiting on the electrican to come and put all the power outlets and such in it. Than we will insulate it, put up the paneling and decorate it. I already have the tables, some cabnits and counters and even the curtians for it.
The first floor will be for scrapbooking and cardmaking classes and such. The second floor will be for my sewing projects. I make Log Cabin quilts and always wanted to be in a quilting bee. Also wanted to try other patterns of quilts, I have so many books with beautiful ideas for quilts. Also waiting on outdoor Barn Lights they are called I think, with the long necks and plate size lights?? One side of the barn has 3 big windows together where I will have 2 or 3 of those lights over them, and there are two barn double door openings on two sides of the barn also. I think I might put a light above each one of them. So when it is all said and done, yes I will take you for a peek inside. LOL Maybe even as it progresses along..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2011, 12:16 PM   #82  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

scungilli - I am so excited for you! Sounds like it is going to be an incredible creative space.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2011, 01:41 AM   #83  
Die Cut Diva

Default YIPPIEEE!!!!!!

THe electrician came over the weekend and we have lights in the barn!!! I am so excited. We have over head lights on both floors, outlets in the walls and even put in the new ceiling fan. It is like Christmas for sure. I am waiting on the outside lights from Applebee's for the outside of the barn, the gooseneck barn lights???? I hope they are gonna look like I think when done. So we are on or way.....I am so doing the happy dance....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2011, 11:00 AM   #84  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have 98 of them. I want to get more. But I'll have to wait a little while longer. Other things need to purchased before I can purchase more of them.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2011, 12:43 PM   #85  
Matboard Maniac

Sorry, but they are way too expensive. I'm NEVER getting into copics. Just not my thing, and there are so many better ways to spend my crafting money.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2011, 01:57 AM   #86  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by MollyStampsView Post
321....don't have the fluorescent colors. For those of you that have them, do you actually use them?

Molly
I'm like you, Molly, I have them all except for the fluorescents. Don't feel I'll ever use those either....... Copics are my favorite coloring medium by far.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2011, 08:52 PM   #87  
Crimping Master

I have most of them...minus the fluorescents and a few grays, plus I have all the reinkers. I believe they are a good investment. I mostly airbrush with mine.

BLOG : The Papercraft Place

You Tube: kelley3684
Guest Designer for "Midnight Madness"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2011, 11:31 PM   #88  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Zero for me. I had a play with them once and they worked like I expected them to. I was really hoping to be WOWed by them, but I just didn't 'get it'. Also the fumes made my head spin a bit, even though the smell itself was not overpowering. I see some nice colouring done with them in the gallery, and I've recieved some lovely cards using copics, but I won't be getting any for myself.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2011, 10:33 AM   #89  
Crimping Master

I'm one of those that wasn't going to buy them because they were too expensive, but to be honest I've been dreaming about copic markers EVERY DAY for the past two weeks for some weird reason, so I caved in and bought some from an Ebay seller. They're apparently new, Sketch ones, and I got 107 of them for about $340.
I have prismacolor pencils but hate having to constantly stop coloring to sharpen the lead to a very fine point so I can stay inside the lines and the fine details. I hope the copics will be better. If not, they're such a craze right now that I'm sure I could sell them on. If I like them, then I know I'll end up building my collection during the next year. I can't wait to try them out on lots of Flourishes flower stamps I also purchased, and on Magnolias and all the really cute images coming out every month out there from all the amazing companies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2011, 12:52 PM   #90  
Rubber Obsessor

I have about 64, and although I'd like about a dozen more, I don't need too many more than that. Right now I'm working on the refills,,,,,,,which will kill me financially LOL. But they are definitely worth it, after saying for YEARS that I woudln't get them,,,,AND spending a bunch of money on inferior things trying to get the same look. I wish I'd just put that money into copics to start with.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2011, 02:32 PM   #91  
Insane Embellisher

My DH just got me Sketch papercraft set B - 72 markers that go with my Set A. He also got me a Copic Airbrush system for Christmas....I'm in heaven!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2011, 03:28 PM   #92  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by erika348View Post
My DH just got me Sketch papercraft set B - 72 markers that go with my Set A. He also got me a Copic Airbrush system for Christmas....I'm in heaven!!!
Lucky Lady !
Did you try all of them? When I get new Copics I use a piece of cheap cardstock and try "every one" of them to see the color
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2011, 04:32 PM   #93  
Insane Embellisher

I absolutely did try each and every one of them! I also just about tried each one using the airbrush tool as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2011, 11:48 PM   #94  
Stampin' Fool

I'm already looking forward to preordering the new colors they're releasing within the next couple of months. They look like a great fit to my existing ones, but then don't they all?????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2012, 12:23 AM   #95  
Hardware Hotshot

Here is a scary thought
If Copic releases 12 new colors every year for the next 12 years there will be 490 colors :shock::shock:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2012, 12:31 AM   #96  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbara JayView Post
When I get new Copics I use a piece of cheap cardstock and try "every one" of them to see the color
Me, too! Except I have to try every one along with similar colors that I already have just to see if they are compatible. Not sure why. I always forget have to retest again before I use them for real. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2012, 12:33 AM   #97  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbara JayView Post
Here is a scary thought
If Copic releases 12 new colors every year for the next 12 years there will be 490 colors :shock::shock:
Do you know what's scarier than 490 markers?
490 REFILLS!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2012, 02:14 AM   #98  
Embossing Fanatic

I could probably buy a small vacation home with what it would cost me to start using Copics...lol I only have the blending one after seeing a video that Gina K did a while back. But I would love to be able to afford the whole collection---or even half of it =)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2012, 02:36 AM   #99  
Crimping Master

I'm avoiding the steep slippery slope, i tried them at a show once, but they are very expensive here, so not worth it at this stage for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2012, 02:38 AM   #100  
Hardware Hotshot

Well the first Copics I bought cost a lot less than they do now. I love what I have, but will need to seriously consider how much I really need a color before I buy many more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2012, 02:46 AM   #101  
Stazon Splitcoast

Nope....I will not like copics, I will not like copics......repeat everytime you even think about it! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2012, 05:37 AM   #102  
Embossing Fanatic

I think about 60+.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2012, 10:49 AM   #103  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissa59View Post
Do you know what's scarier than 490 markers?
490 REFILLS!!!
THIS! I love my copics, but I will never EVER have 200 of them because I don't want to pay for 200 refills. I have about 64,,,,,there's a few more I really WANT. but I also have four dry right this minute, and no refill bar anywhere near me,,,so I buy the refills at Oozak,,,,,which means waiting until I have a decent amount of them to justify the purchase/shipping. i usually buy when I have 4-5 that need refills,,,,and then I order those refills and start another list of needed refills.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2012, 01:32 PM   #104  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by CommaHollyView Post
THIS! I love my copics, but I will never EVER have 200 of them because I don't want to pay for 200 refills. I have about 64,,,,,there's a few more I really WANT. but I also have four dry right this minute, and no refill bar anywhere near me,,,so I buy the refills at Oozak,,,,,which means waiting until I have a decent amount of them to justify the purchase/shipping. i usually buy when I have 4-5 that need refills,,,,and then I order those refills and start another list of needed refills.
I'm with you, Holly. I'd like to keep my collection at no more than 125, preferably close to 100. I have 80 now and plan to eventually buy a few more. I'd like to add a little variety in my Gs (green), and an additional 2-3 marker blending group in my RV (pink), V (purple) and maybe YR (orange).

Sadly--or maybe it's a good thing--my untrained eye doesn't see a big enough difference in shade and tone to make buying hundreds of Copics necessary. I have a small collection of greens and at least three of them look exactly the same (at least to me) on my hand-colored chart. Yes, it's true. I'll never be a real artist! LOL

Any future Copic purchases will be made with close scrutiny. I'll ask myself if it will fill a hole in my current collection, if it will blend well with at least one, preferably two other shades, and if I have a need for it. A "no" to any of the three questions will mean a no-buy. Of course, I've made a few Copic mistakes along the way and will likely make one or two again. I just need to be strong and sell off any marker that doesn't work, instead of hanging onto it and hoping that Copic will eventually release new markers to go with it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2012, 02:30 PM   #105  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissa59View Post
I'm with you, Holly. I'd like to keep my collection at no more than 125, preferably close to 100. I have 80 now and plan to eventually buy a few more. I'd like to add a little variety in my Gs (green), and an additional 2-3 marker blending group in my RV (pink), V (purple) and maybe YR (orange).

Sadly--or maybe it's a good thing--my untrained eye doesn't see a big enough difference in shade and tone to make buying hundreds of Copics necessary. I have a small collection of greens and at least three of them look exactly the same (at least to me) on my hand-colored chart. Yes, it's true. I'll never be a real artist! LOL

Any future Copic purchases will be made with close scrutiny. I'll ask myself if it will fill a hole in my current collection, if it will blend well with at least one, preferably two other shades, and if I have a need for it. A "no" to any of the three questions will mean a no-buy. Of course, I've made a few Copic mistakes along the way and will likely make one or two again. I just need to be strong and sell off any marker that doesn't work, instead of hanging onto it and hoping that Copic will eventually release new markers to go with it.
I know what you mean,,,,,,I have G94 and G99 and also have YG 63 and YG 67 and frankly,,,,not enough difference to make BOTH combos a necessity, IMHO,,,,,,,,,,I just need to color some leaves and stems geesh LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2012, 04:21 PM   #106  
Pearl-ExPert

I have 109, I think I need one more to make it a nice round number! LOL, or maybe 11 more would make a better rounded number.... LOL

MY BLOG
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2012, 05:26 PM   #107  
Stampin' Fool

I only have refills for my lightest colors and the ones I airbrush with the most. A couple of our local stamp stores will refill the markers for a reasonable fee, so I can't see buying all the refills for the few times I may need to refill my other markers. That system works for me, and with my combo of Caios and Sketches, I was able to get a good deal on them as I accumulated them, so I'm set! It doesn't matter that they're not all one type or another; they color and work, and that's all that matters.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2012, 06:13 PM   #108  
Inking Addict

Wow. I just did a count and can't believe I have over 150!! And I still love them! And there are still colors I want!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2012, 04:21 AM   #109  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovetostamp3View Post
I only have refills for my lightest colors and the ones I airbrush with the most. A couple of our local stamp stores will refill the markers for a reasonable fee, so I can't see buying all the refills for the few times I may need to refill my other markers. That system works for me, and with my combo of Caios and Sketches, I was able to get a good deal on them as I accumulated them, so I'm set! It doesn't matter that they're not all one type or another; they color and work, and that's all that matters.
sounds like a good system,,,,,,,,I wish we had a refill bar near here,,,I'd gladly pay a buck or two to refill. Hobby Lobby opened recently, and I was thrilled because I know they have refill bars,,,,,,,just my luck, because OURS does NOT LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2012, 03:51 PM   #110  
Hardware Hotshot

I have refills for most of my markers. I felt one of the values of the Copics is they are refillable. On one order I bought the markers to be sure I liked the color. The next order I bought the refills for the previous markers. And I alternated orders for markers or refills.

The closest place to me that does refills is about 35 miles away. They charge $1.50 per refill and only have refills for the colors they sell.
The gas for a 70 miles round trip would make a few $1.50 refills very expensive.

I also bought a couple of packages of nibs. I have the Copic tweezer, but I still broke a nib removing it to refill a marker. :(
I was happy I had replacement nibs on hand.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2012, 05:54 AM   #111  
Rubber Obsessor

You are right that one of the values of copics is that they are refillable. Promarkers run about 4 dollars each,,,,,,,,you can, of course, use a coupon.

but when the ink is gone,,,,,toss it away, requiring you to purchase another pro marker to have that color again.

I use a ton of browns and have most of those refills,,,,,,,,,when the ink runs out, I can refill quickly and inexpensively right in my kitchen. No need to wait until my next store run or pay another 4 bucks.

It's just the initial output that is so much as far as refills are concerned LOL,,in the long run,,,,they are much cheaper!

Good idea about the nibs,,,,,,,think I need to get some.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2012, 03:54 PM   #112  
Mad Swapper

I would like to try copics but they are just too expensive. I couldn't just have a handful of colours because I would never have the right one.
Where I live they run from about $6.50-8.00 each. That's $60-80 just for 10. I don't know how those of you who have over 100 can afford it. (secretly jealous! I guess I will have to stick to my prisma pencils and mineral spirits.
But, if they ever do get drastically reduced...let me know!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2012, 06:23 PM   #113  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

on a normal day Oozak.com has the best price, once you login you get their best price.

Here's how I got my Copics... Copic Ciao Double Ended Marker Sets - BLICK art materials

I bought when they have their 20% off deals, which incidently they have one going on now until Feb 2. Plus, free shipping for orders over $99.

By going this route, getting the Ciaos, 20% off, it comes out to $2.87 for each marker. I bit of an investment to get the sets, but they are a much better deal then buying individual markers.

I went with Ciao Copics, because they have the same marker tips as the Sketch markers, but are smaller and cost less.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2012, 07:36 PM   #114  
Stampin' Fool

I too started with the Ciao's thinking those would do me just fine. Then, found I couldn't live without filling in the other missing areas with the Sketch markers; so I now have a combo of both. I've gotten mine through various sites when they have had sales, but have found the best customer service through Oozak.com - love them!!!! Just got the newest colors in the Sketch from Rusty, and he's just great.

Good luck if you decide to start into them, they are a great investment and so fun to use.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2012, 11:20 PM   #115  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by afdishView Post
Here's how I got my Copics... Copic Ciao Double Ended Marker Sets - BLICK art materials

I bought when they have their 20% off deals, which incidently they have one going on now until Feb 2. Plus, free shipping for orders over $99.
I bought Sketch markers, but did like you. I bought most of them at DickBlick.com when they were on sale for 20% off ($150 or $175) with free shipping. I bought the majority of my Copics before the Summer 2011 price increase (two increases ago). And I went in with friends on both orders so I didn't have to fork out so much money at once. It's a lot less painful that way.

BTW ... when I started, I got a 2 reds, 2 blues and 3 browns (skin & hair). It was a good way to dip my toe into the Copic process, but that's about all it did. I soon learned that I needed more. I have tried to be very careful with my purchases, but still have a few markers that are so similar that I could have done without. There's also a few more blending groups that I'd like to have, but can easily do without until finances turn around.
Reply With Quote Likes