Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-09-2016, 06:37 AM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default How do I use.......?

I wanted Ranger multi medium matte. I have always seen it in a small bottle with a fine tip.
What came was a large jar of it.
Is this the same thing? Hints on using adhesive from a jar.
It is described the same.

I wanted it for intricate die cuts as it dries clear.

Friend got it for me so exchange is not an option.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2016, 07:16 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the small bottle but have seen suggestions from other crafters that might work for you. I bought some 'Disposable Micro Applicators'. I had to buy them online. Got 100 in a container so will last awhile. Some people use them to apply eyelash glue to false eyelashes, etc. the tips come in regular (I bought these), fine and superfine. You put some of the matte medium on a scrap of cardstock, craft mat, etc. then dab some on the tip of the applicator then add to the item you want to glue. Maybe you could clip the tip of a toothpick/bamboo skewer off and use that. I do like the matte medium because it doesn't dry shiny. For me, fine details die cut are hard to place down on the first try. Good luck.

PM me your address and I can send you some.

Last edited by Crafter 4 Life; 04-09-2016 at 07:17 AM.. Reason: Add'l info
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2016, 08:12 AM   #3  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,553 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

I use it as a collage medium with a credit card - but you can certainly transfer some to a fine-tipped bottle to use as glue - I think Jennifer McGuire buys her bottles on Amazon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2016, 08:16 AM   #4  
Kookie Creator

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok do i have this correct. The jar stuff will pour into a bottle?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2016, 08:17 AM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put my gel medium (and glossy accents) into a fine tipped bottle too. I got mine at a stamp convention and I don't remember the name/brand or anything, but I just saw some bottles that looked very similar in the quilting department at Joann's.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2016, 12:02 PM   #6  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by estampsView Post
I wanted Ranger multi medium matte. I have always seen it in a small bottle with a fine tip.

Friend got it for me so exchange is not an option.
I think Buffalo Stamps &Stuff has the fine line applicator bottle that you can pour your multi medium matte into. The fine line is awesome for intricate die cuts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2016, 12:21 PM   #7  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

Quote:

Ok do i have this correct. The jar stuff will pour into a bottle?
Based on information at Ranger it also comes in a needle point applicator so I'd say yes you can pour it into a bottle.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2016, 04:52 PM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a fine tip applicator that goes on top of the little bottle of Ranger multi medium. I find it is a little thick and does not come out that well. I went to Michaels and bought some Golden matte medium, it is a little thinner "runnier" and it seems to work as well as Ranger brand, but I have only just tried it out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2016, 05:27 PM   #9  
Matboard Maniac

I just created a card for a large workshop where we used the multi medium in the jar. We used a small brush to put the medium on and then added our distress glitter.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2016, 05:54 PM   #10  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

You could apply this with any fine tool like a small brush (obviously wash it out immediately after), a Q-tip, toothpick, skewer, etc. as you would liquid glue in small areas.

I have the small bottle and find it pretty difficult to squeeze out of the tip it comes with � I can't even imagine one of the fine needle tips. Despite seeing many YouTube crafters doing this, it takes a lot of hand/finger strength to squeeze it out of that tiny opening! So unless you are quite strong, I would just dip a small tool into the jar. Or smear a little on your craft sheet and pick it up that way�
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2016, 06:14 PM   #11  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by staceylovespaperView Post
I have a fine tip applicator that goes on top of the little bottle of Ranger multi medium. I find it is a little thick and does not come out that well. I went to Michaels and bought some Golden matte medium, it is a little thinner "runnier" and it seems to work as well as Ranger brand, but I have only just tried it out.
You can dilute the matte medium so it will flow through a fine needle applicator. Just a little water at a time until it will flow easily.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2016, 04:25 AM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

I really like the Ranger Matte Medium because it doesn't dry shiny. I first bought one of the small bottles and found it really difficult to squeeze out, especially in a small amount. I thought it was too thick. After seeing Jennifer McGuire using the fine tip bottle I decided to give that a try. I ordered the larger jar of the medium, a fine tip applicator and plastic transfer pipettes. This fine tip applicator works GREAT and is not hard to squeeze out like the small Ranger bottle. It was a little difficult to transfer the medium to the small bottle even with the pipettes. I ended up cutting the end of the pipette so make the opening larger and it worked better. Here are links to the ones that I have:
Amazon.com: Quilled Creations Precision Tip Glue Applicator Bottle, 0.5-Ounce: Arts, Crafts & Sewing
Plastic Transfer Pipettes 3ml, Gradulated, Pack of 100: Science Lab Transfer Pipettes: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2016, 04:47 PM   #13  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 79 Likes on 42 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by meeyore151View Post
I put my gel medium (and glossy accents) into a fine tipped bottle too. I got mine at a stamp convention and I don't remember the name/brand or anything, but I just saw some bottles that looked very similar in the quilting department at Joann's.
Personal experience with the bottle from Joanns: it's not made for liquid adhesive; it's made for sewing machine oil.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2016, 03:35 AM   #14  
Glitter Guru

Received 370 Likes on 220 Posts

I've posted this in other threads here, but I thought I'd add it to this thread. I've been using Collage Pauge as an alternative for Matte Medium for several years, and it works just as well. It's a lot less expensive, and you can pour it into fine-tip applicator bottles too. It dries to a matte finish.

Amazon.com: collage pauge
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2016, 06:38 AM   #15  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapjannyView Post
I've posted this in other threads here, but I thought I'd add it to this thread. I've been using Collage Pauge as an alternative for Matte Medium for several years, and it works just as well. It's a lot less expensive, and you can pour it into fine-tip applicator bottles too. It dries to a matte finish.

Amazon.com: collage pauge
I just looked at that stuff in HL the other day! I'll definitely get this now that you've recommended it since it should be a bit runnier? than Matte Medium so easier to squeeze out of a needle tip!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2016, 07:11 AM   #16  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Easier way to transfer to the small bottle - I use a syringe that we still had from when ds was little and a spoon didn't work so well for giving him medicine. You can suck the medium up from the big bottle and squirt it into the small bottle, and the rubber plunger on the syringe gets everything into the small bottle (nothing left clinging on the inside).

If you don't have one of these, they're pretty easy to find in the pharmacy section of the store. (I also have a giant one that's actually for injecting marinade into meat, and one from a very old inkjet refill kit that has an actual needle tip that's been blunted so you can't use it to inject yourself ) You can even use them to transfer stuff that's too thick to pour - just remove the plunger from the syringe completely and then use a small spoon or spatula to transfer the stuff to the tube of the syringe. Then put the plunger back in and squirt it into whatever container you're transferring to. The syringe thing disassembles so it's easy to rinse completely clean for the next time you need it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2016, 07:38 PM   #17  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

After reading posts in another thread, I ordered Fineline Applicator, 18 gauge, so it's a tiny bit bigger than other sizes. I got a package with 2 bottles & tips from Amazon. It was not long ago and it was not very expensive, and I have Prime shipping. Maybe $10? for a 2-pack. I liked that style better than the shorter bottle listed for quilling.
I have Multi Medium Matte and just scooped it in to the applicator bottle with a little piece of cardstock. I didn't want to waste any of it with another tool.
It's PERFECT for applying to thin die cut words, etc. A little hard to squeeze it out, but if it's not moving, I take the whole lid off to get some air inside and that helps press it out.
I plan to use my second bottle for PPA matte adhesive. It seems to be more liquid than MMM.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2016, 04:51 AM   #18  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncbballfanView Post
Personal experience with the bottle from Joanns: it's not made for liquid adhesive; it's made for sewing machine oil.
Good to know!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2016, 08:15 PM   #19  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

Does anyone know if Holtz's "Distress Collage Medium" Matte, is the same as Range Multi Medium Matte? I could not find the latter at HL or Michaels, so I bought a jar of the Distress. Haven't opened it yet, so I hope it's the same. I use it in a very fine tipped squeeze bottle for a glue on thin word dies.
Reply With Quote Likes