Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-03-2022, 10:07 AM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hot foil machines

I’m late to the hot foiling party, but I have a few questions and I know my fellow crafters will have the answers! I have a Gemini Jr. but apparently the Gemini hot foil machine has been discontinued. Some people have told me they are going to replace it with a new version, but I have no idea if that info is true. I actually emailed Crafters Companion to ask them about it but have not received a reply :( So are the only other choices out there Spellbinders, Couture Creations, or Minc? And I suppose none of them work with Gemini Jr? I really don’t want to buy a new die-cutting machine just to be able to hot foil. I know that I can hot foil with a laser printer and a laminator, but I’d really like to use some of the foiling plates that are for sale. I also have a Big Shot if any of the foiling machines work with that. So what are my options?
TIA!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2022, 10:18 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,767 Likes on 1,877 Posts

The Spellbinders Glimmer Machine will work with the Big Shot. This is considered a hot foil machine. I know nothing about the Gemini cutting system, but have seen videos. I thought it was similar to the Spellbinders one, but could be wrong.
LisaFeatured Stamper #671Love sending BRAK cards. Dirty Dozen Alumni.CC927 Favorite
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
jenmitchell (09-03-2022)
Old 09-03-2022, 10:49 AM   #3  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 495 Likes on 274 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenmitchellView Post
I’m late to the hot foiling party, but I have a few questions and I know my fellow crafters will have the answers! I have a Gemini Jr. but apparently the Gemini hot foil machine has been discontinued. Some people have told me they are going to replace it with a new version, but I have no idea if that info is true. I actually emailed Crafters Companion to ask them about it but have not received a reply :( So are the only other choices out there Spellbinders, Couture Creations, or Minc? And I suppose none of them work with Gemini Jr? I really don’t want to buy a new die-cutting machine just to be able to hot foil. I know that I can hot foil with a laser printer and a laminator, but I’d really like to use some of the foiling plates that are for sale. I also have a Big Shot if any of the foiling machines work with that. So what are my options?
TIA!
The MINC is a laminator, used with laser printed or toner products. It does not work with any cutting machine.
Also be aware that the foils for the 2 processes are NOT interchangable. Hot foils work with laminators or some glue products, glimmer foils work with a glimmer system.

Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
jenmitchell (09-03-2022)
Old 09-03-2022, 12:33 PM   #4  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovinpaperView Post
The Spellbinders Glimmer Machine will work with the Big Shot. This is considered a hot foil machine. I know nothing about the Gemini cutting system, but have seen videos. I thought it was similar to the Spellbinders one, but could be wrong.
Good to know it works with the Big Shot.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2022, 12:34 PM   #5  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by contrapatView Post
The MINC is a laminator, used with laser printed or toner products. It does not work with any cutting machine.
Also be aware that the foils for the 2 processes are NOT interchangable. Hot foils work with laminators or some glue products, glimmer foils work with a glimmer system.
Thanks for the clarification. I have a laminator so I wouldn’t need the Minc.
Reply With Quote Likes