Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-02-2019, 03:53 AM   #41  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 732 Likes on 354 Posts

For years I used my trusty all purpose opened paperclip and a dot of glue to the side on a piece of paper towel-or a toothpick. Still might in a pinch (aka I cant find the multi medium or whatever-I can always find the big aleens)

Now I use a needle tip etc like others. btw, tombow does make a clear glue

MONO Aqua Liquid Glue

there is stuff it wont work on-here is their glue product chart-oddly/sadly including clear acetate. I havent tried it yet but one might be able to color it with ink refill for the multi media folks. Instead of drying opaque red it would be clear red.

https://www.tombowusa.com/media/wysi...Guide_2016.pdf

DS paper is fantastic imho. Yes it can be pricey but there are multiple brands out there. I like Elizabeths crafts because it cuts very cleanly on intricate. I just buy it whenever there is a sale. Stick it I find to be heavier so I might be inclined for less intricate/base layering.

I have a LF glue pen that has not worked well from day one-I cant get it out. Too hard to squeeze. :-|

I have heard the tap off it first tip and have used that sometimes if I blob it on by accident. I also may handle it with my tweezers so I dont get glue all over. Been there done that.

Lastly...I dont dot it all over the place or run lines everywhere. I just pop around to key points. A good glue will hold it fine. No one is (hopefully) trying to peel it.

Keeping it straight-I use my t ruler to butt it up against.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2019, 09:03 AM   #42  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts
Maple Leaf

A big two thumbs up for Art Glitter Dries Clear Adhesive!! Like some of the others have said you can get a metal tip for extremely fine lines. And a little goes a long way. It stays wet long enough to wiggle your die cut and truly does dry clear. I highly recommend. HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2019, 09:04 AM   #43  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 253 Likes on 178 Posts

I love Gina K's Connect Glue. It's fab!

I also love to send cards each month to Love Notes Fairy. Click here for more info https://jenniferbelthoff.com/love-notes-fairy/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2019, 11:30 AM   #44  
Kookie Creator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I use spray adhesive such as Elmer's Craft Bond. Works like a charm overtime.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2019, 01:53 PM   #45  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by dancingpurplecatView Post
I made a Glue Sponge (you can also buy them,Simon Says Stamp carries them) I have also used a brayer and rolled out a thin layer of glue on my glass mat (that worked really well, but messy).
I've made one of these glue sponges (I used a clippable resealable container), but attached the sponge to the lid, so it was raised like an inkpad and would do large items as well. Three months later it's going as good as the first time I used it. If I'm not using it for a while I simply spritz with water to keep it fresh then put the lid on. A good tip from that video is to use Listerine to kill the germs (but that would be more for somewhere where lots of children would be using the glue pad).
I've used the Tsuikineko glue pad but that kept drying out so I gave up on it, lol! The quickie glue pen I couldn't work with. I have a fine tipped nozzle on a small bottle that I refill with PVA and that works well too for quick dots of glue. When I tried putting glue on the back of my hand for dabbing the diecut into, I found my skin reacted so I soon abandoned that notion!!

Last edited by synderella45; 10-02-2019 at 01:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2019, 02:35 AM   #46  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 77 Likes on 41 Posts

I usually use one of 3 adhesives:
1) Tonic Craft Glue. Tombow BLUE Mono Aqua also. I do not like a glue that remains tacky when dry, though. Neither of these do. And they dry clear.
2) Xyron
3) 3M General Purpose 45 Spray - Amazon tells me I bought my 10 oz can in 2015 and it's still going strong and unclogged because after every use I go outside and spray it upside down until I can hear it spraying clear. Then I take a Q-tip soaked in either Undu or Googone and with the nozzil pointing up I rub the q-tip into it. That keeps the nozzil opening clear until the next time. I keep a small box lined with paper towels that I lay the die cut down in for my "spray station". I am finding that I use this adhesive for my most intricate and delicate die cuts.

Last edited by 123scrap; 10-03-2019 at 02:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2019, 12:41 AM   #47  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue in so calView Post
Thanks for the tips--use a toothpick to dot glue on and let the Tombow glue dry a bit.
I have used all the fancy glues and my toothpick/Aleene's/Tombow is still the winner. I create with a lot of intricate pieces.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2021, 01:49 PM   #48  
Insane Embellisher

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

[QUOTE=kazeka;21871774]I However, I am frustrated with the fact that it seems to stop working after half of the glue is gone. I can see the glue in the barrel, but can't get it to work. I used my glue pens nearly every day , and it's not a nozzle clogging issue per se. The tip is clean and I can get some glue out if I keep pressing, but it stops flowing smoothly...argh!
Karen

I wrote a glowing review of the Altnew Glue pen because it was great for attaching a VERY skinny flourishing word die. But after that one success, there is no way i can get the pent to work and have no way to tell Altnew about it and perhaps get advice on how to get the rest of the glue to work. I now have 7 different glue pens i can make the same complaint about. Do you have a glue pen you love?
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
kazeka (06-28-2021)
Old 06-28-2021, 04:56 AM   #49  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Bahb,…I feel your pain!!
I got fed up with the same problem, and a bottle is to heavy of a flow. I finally use a GLUE DOT runner on all my intricate dies. It works fabulous. The dots seem to make it so no excess tape is hanging off, and if occasionally it does, I use the glue eraser once it’s stuck to the card base. It was a life changer for me. No matter how intricate, I still am able to use the dot runner on it. - it’s quicker too! Just be sure the paper quality is good!
good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by Pampam:
Bahb (06-28-2021), Scrapjanny (06-28-2021)
Old 06-28-2021, 07:31 AM   #50  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by hultenlkView Post
These are all great suggestions. It reminded me to dig out a glue pen I’d gotten ages ago from a Simon Says Stamp kit to layer up some of the “birthday” die cuts for dimension, and then for the bottom one, I used some double-sided adhesive paper. For everything else, my regular liquid glue was fine. And big thanks to Suzy Plantamura for the inspiration - https://suzyplantamura.typepad.com/l...ey-yacula.html

:

EVERYONE should follow that link and scroll to see the list of supplies.Aye Carrumba! I haven't got enough money, but LOVE the cute cards. Suzy is so talented.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2021, 05:19 PM   #51  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by PampamView Post
Okay, you won’t believe this until you try it......but I use the dot runner tape.
You HAVE TO MAKE SURS IT IS A TAPE DOT RUNNER AND NOT A DOT RUNNER.The dot tape runner has very tiny little dots on it and you can run Over ANYTHING with it. It works awesome. Just turn it over on a silicone Matt and run it across you intricates. It you do end up with “tape” on the other side, those tape rupemovers work to get it out. But I have seldom had a problem with that.
Pampam I went to scrapbook.com and they have a gazillion adhesives. but none SAID Tape Dot Runner and i only guessed that the ones showing an applicator might be right. Do you know a brand name that fills that need for tiny dots on a very thin diecut?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2021, 05:39 PM   #52  
Die Cut Diva

Received 159 Likes on 99 Posts

Try searching "dot roller." https://www.scrapbook.com/store/products/?w=dots+roller
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2021, 01:57 PM   #53  
Die Cut Diva

Received 159 Likes on 99 Posts

Simon Says has branded one: https://www.simonsaysstamp.com/produ...ampaign=265393
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2021, 08:59 PM   #54  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I absolutely love Bearly Arts glue. It comes with a couple of tips and one is a very fine tip. If you use the plastic stopper (I think it is included now), it does not clog and it does not dry shiny. If I accidentally put too much glue, I tap it lightly on scrap cardstock before setting the die cut in place.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2021, 04:39 AM   #55  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by BahbView Post
Pampam I went to scrapbook.com and they have a gazillion adhesives. but none SAID Tape Dot Runner and i only guessed that the ones showing an applicator might be right. Do you know a brand name that fills that need for tiny dots on a very thin diecut?

this is the brand I use. I think I got this at hobby lobby. Can also get a different or same brand at Walmart. I showed both of the tapes so you. Could see difference in color and what to look for. PURPLE one is dot runner….
good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2021, 03:47 AM   #56  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 253 Likes on 178 Posts

I finally broke down and got the Bearly Art Glue from Amazon and it has 3 different tips and is great!! I really like it! No clogging.

I also love to send cards each month to Love Notes Fairy. Click here for more info https://jenniferbelthoff.com/love-notes-fairy/
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
fl_beachbum (07-06-2021)
Old 07-06-2021, 06:03 AM   #57  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The Kokuya mentioned on page one is a Japanese dot runner. It has particularly small dots and works well on really intricate pieces because its not very wide but they work out very expensive, the ordinary dot runners shown above are better value.
I personally only use spray adhesive in the garage or outside - I would recommend looking at the safety data sheet if you need to know why.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2021, 07:47 AM   #58  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by eagles777View Post
Wow! Love that idea!!

stamper at ❤

Stamps and dies for sale here

Reply With Quote Likes